Old 03-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default What a Day! NSV Post

Yesterday I made my weekly trip to Super Walmart for grocery shopping. First, I managed to pass the girl scout cookies (I went in a totally different and out of my way door, sorry girls). Then as I was shopping, I started to get hungry. I pulled a Luna Bar out of my purse. I stayed too long (logging 15k steps) and by the time I checked out I was STARVING. I was not prepared with a sampling of goodies, so I looked to see what Restaurant they had in the Walmart. Walking past their McDonald's trying to figure out how I was going to minimize the impact, I remembered that there was a Subway nearby. When I got to subway I knew I wanted a combo because I wanted a drink. There were no Lay's Light Chips. I cringed and ordered 2 cookies. Right before she rung it up, I said "WAIT" and asked if she happened to have the chips in the back. She did! I passed the cookies up. Okay, maybe I shouldn't be happy about eating chips, but it was the better of the 2 choices. When I got to the car it was cold and dark and I was starving. I started CRAMMING those potato chips down my throat without tasting them. I caught myself and put the back in the passenger seat until I was warmed up and calmed down before touching them. If I'm gonna eat them, I want to ENJOY them.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #2  

Default nice rebound

**** those cookies are worse. At least you caught yourself. I am sure u felt guilty afterwards, use that next time. At least you didnt totally cave. YOU DID GOOD. a subway meals is better then a artery clogger death burger at miky d's. Plus did u ever take notice of the people that work their???? yuck, i would not let some of them clean my garbage bins let alone make me a saturated fatty mealy worm burger. you have power over this thing. Stay Strong girl
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I think you did great! You were in a potentially explosive situation and you were able to control it. That's the key, I think. We won't always be in ideal situations. It's how we learn to manage ourselves when we have tough decisions to make that really counts in the long run. That's what'll sustain us!

Good job keeping it controlled!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote