Old 03-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #1  

Default LAWL bars and substituting other foods

I everyone. I am new to this site as of last week. I recently joined LAWL and am very disturbed with how they came out of the starting gate after my second visit with the sales approach on the bars. It really took me by surprise. Actually I was embarassed and mad how they treated me when I said no I would not buy them. Well, I had the chance to see the ingredients. I am hypoglycemic and I don't want all the sugar. I have been trying to count calories and do the gold program and substitute the bars. Has anyone done that before and been successful?
Help!!
I Love Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi, and welcome. Your center should have you on an all food plan where you do not need to substitute the bars. If you aren't ask them to put you on one. I don't do them, and have lost just fine. Good luck!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #3  

yes, you should not have to do the work to figure it out. that is waht you paid them for. Tell them you want a plan without lites or you will call the 800 number.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #4  

I was just curious if the LAWL diet makes you purchase the food from them to substitute meals or do they really try to help you come up with other types of food in the same caloric range so that you can stay on the amount of food consumed. I got the feeling that if I did not by the bars or soup or drinks that I was going to be shunned. Basically I really wanted someone to sit down with and talk with about eating and what I was eating and how I was doing. I have not been back and I signed up 2 weeks ago. I do not want to eat that food now that I know whats in it. At least not on a regular basis.
??? I guess I am not wanting to call and talk to them since they treated me like that wanting me to charge all the bars and getting huffy with me when I said no.
Any one know?
I Love Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #5  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

It seems that every center treats people a little different. My center treats us fairly and will listen to me. You are not made to buy any of their products. I do use the bars, because I like them and won $50 for merchandise, where I used it on the breakfast drinks and coffee drinks. They do ask each time if I need any bars and I just say no as I'm not always eating two a day. I know there are many people on this site that do not do the bars. I would talk with you center, since that is part of what you are paying for and if that doesn't work or you feel pressured call the 800 number. Good luck.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #6  
Katie

I don't buy anything from my center. I am on an all food plan, the red plan without bars, and it is just normal food from the grocery store. You certainly do not have to buy their food. I am sorry that they treated you badly. I would make an appointment with the manager, and sit down and explain how you feel about this. They are obligated to put you on a plan that works for you. Besides, you have already paid them!!! Good luck to you on this. If you can't get anywhere with this, ask someone on here to give you the 800 number off of the products, and call in to complain.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #7  

Candy,

Since you paid for the service. you might as well give it a try. you have to be very firm about what you want them to do for you. My experience is that there are always going to be bad CODs but once in a while you get one that really can work with you and give you suggestions. I was very clear to them as to what i need....i need someone that will help me with my planning, accountability, and give me suggestions to enhance my weight loss. every time i get the bad CODs, i was very clear to them that i dont like it, and i make a stink about it. i told the district manager that i paid for a service that will work with me not the other way around. and the managers are better about matching people up. so, i try to see only the a couple of them that i know are knowledgable.

good luck
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #8  
Trying to lose

S/C/G: 194/181/130

Default Bars

The counselors are commissioned, they get money from the bars and things they sell.

You can get great deals on the bars from ebay.
rebeccaconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #9  

Candy,

I was also a little bugged by the hard-press sales approach. I have modified LAWL to fit me (which currently is one bar a day) and my COD told me that I could have a little extra protein to compensate for it (although, funny enough, the counselor did say that I shouldn't tell the COD that she said it, but that it was okay to do it that way). It's a hard balance for me, but the bottom line is that the program does work. You do have the option to not buy or use any bars, and they should bump you up to a plan that will allow you more food to compensate. Lots of people can't use the bars. Don't feel bad or frustrated...make the most of the plan and know that there are people here full of support!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #10  
I will do it this time

I am using the bars but by my choice. Of course, I did get the high pressure when I started, but they don't pressure me anymore. They ask everytime I am there if I need something, but that is it. Candy, you need to go back and you need to work with a different counselor. There are different personalities and some are pushier than others. You need to find the one you can work with. But don't stop. This is a terrific program. Good Luck.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #11  
Katie

I'm with you Sharon, don't give up. There are a lot of people on this site alone that have lost a lot of weight on this program. Can they be rude? Yes. Can they be pushy? Yes. But does the program work? Oh yeah!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #12  
slowlyshrinking

I don't use the bars because I'm soy intolerant, and I've done well without them. I don't buy anything from the COD, and they finally quit asking me. I figured I trained them to not ask me I had one counselor who was really persistent that I should go on the supplements, and I asked her for some evidence that they worked. She came up with a promotional brochure from LAWL, but I said "no, no, I mean a research study that has been done and published in a medical journal - because certainly if you're selling this stuff and making money from it, you have research that supports it" I haven't seen her since. I've done really well with the program without any of extra products, so you can too. Just remember that the counselors get a commission on everything they sell, and so if we were working there, we'd probably push stuff too.
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #13  
I will do it this time

The other product you can use are Luna Bars. A lot of us use them instead of, or with the lite bars. I enjoy them just for variety. There are only a couple of the lite bars that I even like. I really do enjoy the cookie dough.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote