South Beach Diet - The Weekend Cluck - March 4 & 5

View Full Version : The Weekend Cluck - March 4 & 5

Ruthxxx
03-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Good morning, SleepyChicks! The Girls and I have been up for a while. It looks like we have some snow coming so I need to rustle in some wood. I have breakfast quiche thingies in the oven in my new silicone muffin pans. Would you believe I've never made that recipe? :shrug:

It's the weekend! What are your plans? Here's a :coffee: so you can sit and chat a bit! :cofdate:

pearshape
03-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Good morning, Ruth and all you sleepy chickies! I make my own type of quiche thing. My bf named it the L ydia's special. I just chop tons of fresh spinach, 2 eggwhites, 1 egg, 2% montery jack cheese, mix and pop in the oven for 20 min. IT's really good.

Today I'll be in the woods and the next 2 as well. I should be back around 3 or so...just in time to analyze data! I'm getting sick of going in the woods but getting data and writing up a thesis is the whole reason I'm in grads chool so it must be done. On the plus side, it looks like it will be a beautiful day. The sun is shining and it's crystal clear out.

Well, have a great saturday, chickies! Catch ya later!

freaky
03-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Morning Ruth,

I love sleeping in on Saturday!!!! My niece slept over last night and they got up this morning and allowed me to sleep until 7:20 am. Going to have some coffee and relax for a bit, feed the children and then do a workout. Have several odds and ends to go like grocery shopping and house work but no major plans for the day. I am thninking about taking Royce to that Eight Below movie tomorrow so that should be a nice treat.

What's up with the rest of you chicks???

freaky
03-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Pear = we posted at the same time, have a greeat day!

mamahulk
03-04-2006, 09:19 AM
My tow oldest boys are at Nana's so I only have my yougest and he let me sleep in. IT felt great. Now I am a little behind on my workout. (I usally do it while he sleeps.) I will try to get it in a little while. I have to work today- ugh. I am on call and have 4 reports to go out on already and it is only morning. grrrrr:mad: Oh well at least I will get out and hopefully get a haircut. I am looking a little rady lately.
I am so proud of myself. Quinn wanted chocalte chip pancakes this morning. I made him his and did not eat any!!! I wanted to chat so bad but I didn't so proud of myself. Thsi dieting thing is sooooo hard, but I know it is worth it in the long run. Right ladies. We can do this. ( I am trying to convince myself, hehehe).

Ruth- your up so early, good for you! Have a great day.

PEarsy- enjoy the day outside. I am jealous, it is freezing here, but have a great day!

Freaky- have a great day with Royce, you deserve it.

I'll be back later, talk to you all soon. :hug:

batmomm2000
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
good morning~!

I went for my consult with a personal trainer at my gym yesterday...started out great him saying well you don't look overweight so i'm assuming you just want to tone up, yeah!! But then after my measurement he got out the calipers and EEEEKKKK I've got 33.1% body fat??? now there are many factors that can affect that blah, blah, blah and basically I should just use that as a bench mark so next time I check if it's lower then i know I'm doing good but still...anyway so Vinny is now my trainer and he said he'll whip me into shape, lol

Glad you guys got to sleep in, in makes me nervous to get on here and see 4:30AM for the time

beach bum
03-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Oh Happy:carrot: Day the scale :goodscale: moved down 1-lb this morning. Yipee!!! It must be the low carb of the SB my doctor suggested. Doing a Phase 1.5 no grain/bread/flour except once a day along with fruit.

Have to go, waiting for the doc to call for the result of my cholestrol blood work.

Will post alter, Hugs :) BB

MsCrockett
03-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Good Morining Ladies

Mamahulk~`Good on you for not eating the chocolate pancakes,

Freaky ~ That is a good idea about going to the movies, I am wanting to see eight below as well...... let me know how it is.

Beach Bum~~ Happy Day,, on your loss congratulations....

Ruth~~ Hope the snow isnt too bad, but I hear ya on "Gettin Wood in"

As for me another OP day yesterday,, The spaghetti thing? well I won,, had nothing,, It is just not worth it ,,, So I gotta run to the store, I am out of Oatmeal and that is my breakfast...........

Take Care All

Schatzi
03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Morning!!! Wow I slept very late this morning! And it's thrown me off kilter :faint: I think my brain had to work too hard with these interviews..

BB: :bravo: on that pound!!!

Batmom: Good luck with Vinny!!!! :strong:

Freaky: :corn: I would love to see that movie.. but when you have a DH who really only likes Sci Fi, Spy and Action movies, a story about dogs is a hard sell!

Pearsy: have a great day traipsing about in the woods..

Mama: hope you get time in for a haircut..it always makes me feel brand new!Good job on resisting those pancakes!

Ruth: Morning dear!!!!!

Today I think I will just putter about the house... lots to keep me busy but first yes goils CAWFEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'm about a half tank low :tired: and gotta muster up some energy :hyper:

Lindy87
03-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey chickies. Happy weekend! I am excited because tonite me and my DH are going to a sort of reunion with some of my old buddies from a job I had almost 9 years ago. They closed my office wneh I was on maternity leave and I havn't seen most of my working friends since then. Kept in touch with a few but am looking forward to catching up with them. Some are even flying in from MN where some of them transferred to. Looking forward to having a good time. The rest of the weekend I will be working and spending time with the kiddies. Got in a workout this morning and trying to stay OP to day. I have been struggling and over snacking and not being as beachy as I should and the scale has been showing it. I'm not even enjoying the things that I am eaating, just eating to eat. Bad habits sneaking back in. Hope today is a good day. Have a beachy day!

soon2Bfab
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone...quick drive by, gotta get to work. I went to Curves this morning (love it!) except for one gal trying to sell me AVON. AT first I was polite then I looked at her & told her I was a rep, so if I wanted the AVON I can buy at a discount. So after that she was a little standoffish...oh well.
Batmom - I know how you feel....I felt terrible yesterday after being told I had 42.5% body fat - YIKES!!
See ya later - off to the land of retail!

SarahinBalance
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Mornin' ladies - I slept in late this morning too! YAAAY! Finally got up cause the puppies had been sitting at the back door for a while and I felt bad for them. My tummy is feeling so much better but my poor BF! Off with his boyz in Dallas and he messaged me that he thinks he's got what I got..

I'm sipping a cup of green tea, eating a SB breakfast bar and thinking about my day... didn't help my friend move yesterday cause of my tummy stuff but I DID get together with my dear friend last night and watch Elizabethtown and In Her Shoes, both VERY CUTE movies... today I AM helping that friend move and then celebrating a friend's birthday at a Tex-Mex restaurant tonight... gonna hop on their web site and figure out what I'm going to eat...

Ruth - I am jealous of your snow, I'm sure it gets old but so do 70 degree days year round... I wish we could have just a month of snow

Pearshape - That sounds delicious spending the day in the woods, how does one get a job like that? ; )

Morning Freaky - I CAN'T BELIEVE how early you get up normally so YAAAY that you got sleep in!!!

Mamahulk - I'm proud of you too! Each little mini-goal you successfully complete (resisting something delicious but BAD) makes you that much stronger! So YAAAY!

Batmom - Good job taking the initiative and hooking up with a trainer, hopefully your experience will be more successful than mine as we spent the first month in the "corrective" phase and it's like "I'm paying you to kick my butt into shape not teach me how to stretch!!!"

Morning Beachbum - :bravo: for the pound loss! Each pound down feels so delicious!

Mamahulk - And same to you! Congrats on resisting! Another mini-goal towards your ultimate goal of healthiness!

Schatzi - enjoy your coffee and puttering!

Lindy - I LOVE getting together with old friends so that should be great! I hear ya on eating just to eat... "emotional eating" - I'm doing pretty well staying OP but I have that occasional binge of "eating my feelings" that will throw me off

Soon - We posted at the same time, sorry you have to work on a Saturday! Just take it 1% at a time...

Have a great day ladies!!

Kiko
03-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Good morning!!

Haven't had a chance to check in since Thursday- things just got busy around here!! The good news is that we have 9 "stay at home" days as my daughter calls them. SPRING BREAK!!! Woohoo!! We don't have much money this week, so it will be some good quality time with my girls. DH is actually off tomorrow and Monday, so I am looking forward to time with my family. :)

We had a surprise date last night- one of the vendors at my husband's hotel and a Skybox at the Dallas Mavericks game. Everything was free- fit right into our budget. I was not at all OP, but enjoyed the food and beer and am back on track today! We don't get an opportunity to go out often, so the fact that it didn't cost us a dime was fantastic.

Freaky Enjoy your weekend with your son!! :goodvibes:

Ruth I have wanted to try those muffin pans. Let us know how they work.

Pear You are always cooking up something yummy! :chef:

Mama Yea for sleeping in!! My kids actually slept until 7:30- that was a beautiful thing.

Beach Gotta love it when that scale is moving down!!!!!

Schatzi Morning!! Hope that your interviews are going well. I have been teaching at the same school for 11 years and the thought of ever having to go on another interview scares me!!

Lindy Snacking is always my downfall. You can do this girl!! :cheer:

Weezle I am so sorry to hear you are down and discouraged. You know we all love you and are here for you. Vent away when you need to! :hug:

I need to go feed the baby as she is starting to complain! My mom is coming over in a bit to help me go through the girls' clothes and get organized for spring. The woman should be a professional oraganizer. I let her come over, boss me around for a few hours and my house is always in better shape!! :drill:

Kiko
03-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Morning Soon, Bat, Sarah, and Crock!! have a super Saturday. :)

dreysmimi
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Good Morning Chicks....:hug:

I am still a Newbie because it has been about a month since I posted my intro. I was in Texas at the time at our daughters house. But I'm home now and going to try and make it a habit to get on here daily!!:^:
I went food shopping for our house yesterday..I trew out all the "Bad" :devil: stuff and bought all the "Good"!! :angel:
So now we are on the right track..I hope. I lost another lb. since being home....:carrot: !
As for this weekend...my husband drives school bus and he has a trip today so I am meeting him there and we are going to "hang-out"!
Tomorrow we are going to a Home & garden show. I love it..no time for Fanny-sitting!!! :running:

Have a Great weekend everyone!!! :wave: :flow2:

Maureennn
03-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi Chicks,
Happy weekend! Mine is actually going to be quite short b/c I worked 12 hour shifts w,th,and f nights and going in for another on Sunday. BUT even with this I did pretty well with staying OP. A little less veggies than I should have, but I bought a dozen Dunkin Donuts on the way home from work this morning (WHY I do not know) and even though they smelled great in the car I had NONE.:carrot:

Exercise-no, except my regular running around at work.

Ruth- Let us know how the silicone pans work! I bought a silicone spatula (the scraper kind) and really like it.

Freaky- "Sleeping in" till 8 am--it brings back the days of when my kids were small! It sounds as if you enjoy being a mom so much. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees when the kids are young, you seem to do a great job with this.

Beach-Congrats on the weight loss:cp:

Love reading from all you chicks!

Ruthxxx
03-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Maureennn and Kiko, the silicone muffin pans work like a dream. I did not use 12 as the book suggests - I just poured the mix into six and made single serving bigger "egg muffins".

Dreysmimi, :welcome: to The Beach. I did see yourintro post in Buddy Up. Perhaps you could copy it into our Bio Sticky in this part of the Forum.

Freaky, I hope your day is as wonderful as planned.

Soon, da noive of that broad! You are at the gymn to exercise not to be canvassed for sales. "Bad form" as my Dad used to say!

Pearshape, I'd love some time in the woods about now but there's three feet of snow! I must try your quiche recipe. I have spinach in the freezer that needs to be used up.

The snow didn't amount to anything and the rest of today was just gorgeous. We even got above freezing! Our road is bare and I could go for a walk but getting to it is the problem as the lane is glare ice. I can manage in my ducky boots and Yak-Traks but they are no darn good for proper walking. Maybe next week.

Gotta go as The Girls are hollering for supper. I hope they don't leap at my throat when I go down there. :lol: Sorry I've not commented on everyone - next time.

:grouphug: and we need to get Weezle out of that darn job!

Countess
03-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Happy Weekend Beachies :)

I'm on Day 13 of Phase 1 and looking forward to Phase 2, I want those strawberries and a slice of whole wheat crust pizza!!

13 days and 20 pounds gone....lots more to go but I'll get there eventually
Thanks for the support

Kiko
03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Afternoon Chicks!

My mom just left a bit ago and we got through the baby's room. Changed out clothes, bagged stuff for Goodwill as well as clothes for a friend expecting a baby girl in late May.

Eating is right on track today, although we all know my issues about after dinner snacking. I am so tired today, that I plan to curl up on the couch with a People magazine after the girls go to bed.

My 4 year old is the other room just whining away. I made the mistake of giving her children's Benadryl this morning for her allergies. I was out of her Claritin. Of course, what I gave her was NOT non-drowsy, so she is sleepy and complaining. I am trying to ignore her and bite my tongue, but it is hard! :tape: Right now I am getting a list of all the things I don't let her do. Rough life she leads, eh??

Alright- time to get dinner going- pizza and salad for us girls tonight.

Later gators!

Maureennn
03-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Countess,

Congratulations! You are just about done with Phase I. I laughed when I read your post because when I finished Phase I the two things I added the first day were fresh strawberries :flow1: and whole wheat crust pizza.

Enjoy your meal! :)

Ruthxxx
03-05-2006, 08:28 AM
STRAWBERRIES! What a coincidence! I just logged on after having a feast of fresh strawberries. They are pretty darn good although not the same as the ones I'll be picking at the end of June.

It's a gorgeous day today - all blue and white! I have Church in an hour and will take Lucy. She needs it! :lol: The rest of the day will be mainly sewing and painting. I have my class tomorrow afternoon and haven't lifted a paintbrush for two weeks!

What's on your agenda (or non-agenda) for today

Kiko
03-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Good morning!!

Coffee is on :coffee: and I am attempting a bit of quiet time to myself. I don't like it that is has to occur on a weekend morning when I could be sleeping in a bit! But- the idea of 30 minutes to myself is quite appealing! :)

Countess WTG on making it through Phase 1. 20 pounds gone as well- that is fantastic!!

Maur Hope your day at work goes well- stay away from the donuts!! ;)

Ruthie Good morning, good morning! Sounds like a relaxing day for you. You deserve it! :hug: I don't teach Sunday school this month, so we will go to the 11:00 service this morning. It should make for a more relaxed morning around here.

Agenda for the day.... laundry, of course! DH is actually off today and tomorrow, which is going to be awesome. Someone else had mentioned that their husband was in the restaurant industry. Man- is the schedule not conducive to family life! All of my DH's days off are typcially during the week, which is when I am at work. It hasn't been easy, but fortunately my mom lives close and it a savior!!

Alright- need to grab that coffee. Things remain quiet around here- maybe I am getting a few minutes. :D

Kiko
03-05-2006, 08:39 AM
HA! I typed too soon! My 4 year old just walked into the room and the baby is babbling her crib. How do they know I am up??????????

HoosierMom
03-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I just got back from my 3 day trip and must say I'm proud of how I did. I wasn't perfect (it's hard to be perfect when you eat out all the time). But overall, I stuck with the plan. :D

I stepped on the scale this morning (first time since starting the diet) and I've lost 8 pounds! (in 3 days!?!) Is this too fast? Or am I just really lucky? Let's hope it's the latter.

By the way, Linton is about 45 minutes West of Bloomington. A big hello to all my fellow Hoosiers! :wave:

Well, time to get ready for church.

Toodles for now,
Christine :carrot:

MsCrockett
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is well today, I am still OP been a day less than a month now.. Started 06 Feb.,... and have lost 18 lbs all together..

Take Care All you Weekenders.

soon2Bfab
03-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Morning all.....sipping coffee TRYING to enjoy my day. Work called this morning - grr! It was the gal that talks about herself in the third person - what a wonderful thing to wake up to. I have NO plans for today - hurray!
I can't wait!!! Have a great OP day!

SoCalBirdLady
03-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey everyone --

I told you that I would check in once in a while...I am still OP and LOSING! I guess that it took having my weight finally affect my health to shake me up and get me back on track.

Actually, I have been lurking on the daily threads and you are all an inspiration to me. I am gearing up for a busy week -- taking a short term mediation class that will consume three nights this week. Figuring out how to do dinner before 10PM will be a challenge since I work all day and the class is 6-9.

My partner, who always used to be one of those "I can eat anything and not gain weight" people now has a weight problem and is doing SBD with me, though not as religiously. That is helpful because our planned meals are now very much on track.

So, given my schedule next week, I won't be checking in but just wanted to quickly say "hi" to everyone.

batmomm2000
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Soon, that 3rd person work lady cracks me up!! did she call and say "her name is calling because..."??? :D nice to be awoken on a Sunday by dorks...

and hey thanks for sharing your body fat post, god it's amazing how high those numbers can get...I jsut think what if I had it checked back in Jan before losing 13lbs....

Countess
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Maureennn we must be soul sisters:high:

Ruth I live in Florida and its Strawberry season, I get fresh picked from roadside stands and they are best if you bring them home and eat them that day, once they are refrigerated, they just aren't as sweet. I wonder how many I can safely eat tomorrow :lol:

MsCrocket WTG on the 18 pounds lost!!

HoosierMom don't worry about losing too fast at first, it will slow down, at first you lose a lot of water weight

Kiko sounds like you've had a busy time cleaning, you deserve the rest and chill time

dreysmimi I'm new too, hope you post more often now that you are home

I'm sure I missed a lot of people, but I'm still getting the hang of this :lol:

mamahulk
03-05-2006, 01:09 PM
What a crazy day. I think I am doing something wrong. everyone here is loosing a lot faster then me. Of well too busy today to worry about it. Maybe tomorrow as long as I keep eating healthy and I exercise everyday.
My kids are goign crazy today, naughty. I wanted to take them to the movies but I have to work againa nd no one wants to go on call w me. grrr. WEll have to run will chat soon.

MsCrockett
03-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Mamahulk~~ Do you ever slow down? everytime i read your posts I get dizzy from the action...LOL... Take Care and Get some HULK time.....

beach bum
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Thanks:thanks: for the congrats. Hope I will be successful in the future. My doctor sugguested this WOE,only to watch the grain carb closely.Watching my grain carbs paid off.

Nothing new on this end of the :comp:computer. Went out with my friends for brunch and they I went shopping for some ST Patricks Day :lucky: stuffed bears with some chocolate :cookie: chip bicotti cookies stuck to the arm for the grandchildren.

Have a nice day Hugs :) BB

Kiko
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Mama How old are your kiddos? It is probably too cold in NY to send them outside. :snow4:

Crock 18 pounds?? That is fantastic. You need to be very proud of yourself!!! We all know how hard this weightloss journey is and you are doing it!

Soon Good thing you weren't being called into work- that would not make for a good Sunday.

Bat Is it your DH that is in the restaurant industry?? :chef:

Church was good- now we are home for some chill time! Dinner is in the crockpot (Italian Herb Chicken) and we are heading for the park when the baby wakes up. :bb: I am going to close my eyes on the couch for 30 minutes or so if DD will let me. :hyper:

Is anyone into the Oscars that are on tonight? DH and I haven't been to an adult movie since I don't know when. I haven't seen a single movie that will be mentioned. Maybe we will rent something....

You guys are probably going to get sick of me posting this week. Since I am off, I will have more computer time. It helps me stay on track so much when I can check and post.

Bye gals!

Kelly J
03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Afternoon Chickies! Nothing much going on here this weekend, which is really nice for a change. I've gotten caught up on the laundry and am getting a few things cooked up for the week ahead.

Mamahulk ~ I agree that you should be losing with all you do. I have no idea how you're able to get up and exercise after being up with your baby at night....I'm barely able to get up and make it to work on time. Are you drinking all of your water? Getting my water in usually always helps me with breaking through a stall. I know I have a hard time getting mine in when I'm home with the kids (who has time to drink water?) but I try to always have my non-spillable cup within reach so I can grab some here and there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

mamahulk
03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Here are some answers to some of your questions.
My kids are 6, 4 and almost 3. Yes I am very busy and my husband works every weekend, all day and until they are in bed. I work on wkends too, but only when I am on call and then when I am called out. This wkend I am on call and was called otu twice so yes it was really busy. I have a turkey in now then taking kids to movies. HAte going out late but I promised them a treat this wkend and I am not going to punish them because I had to work.
Yes I get in all my water most of the time. I think I am not loosing weight fast becuase I am doing sb and low fat. I think if I got mroe sleep ( will not happen) exercised a good hour a day and did just sb I would loose a lot faster. But the way I am doing it I think is the only way i can right now. My kids ahve been really sick this winter, my oldest has really bad asmatha and I think my youngest my too. SO with my determination not to quit I hope I will be able to intesify my exercise and diets soon. If I don't start loosing again I know I have to make more changes. I have done well so far but haven't lost in a few weeks. SO I need to step it up. My goal for today is to take the kids to the movies and eat nothing!! Not one bite of that crappy popcorn. I will let you all know how it went. Thank yous o much everyone for understanding my crazy life and all your encouragement. I know I will loose weight this time, I just need to keep going and not give up. Well better check on my youngest, get them fed then were off. Thanks again everyone. :hug:

Barb0522
03-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I finally managed to find some time to post. This has been a nice weekend. Friday night we went for Stations of the Cross. Brian really wanted to go and was fever free for 24 hours so we all went. Then yesterday morning, I finally made it to Powerflex at the gym. I hadn't been in over a month and some muscles are really sore this morning. But not nearly as bad as I was afraid.

We had church and Sunday school this morning and then we are leaving in 30 minutes to get on a bus and go to the cathedral downtown. All the kids in the RCIC program who will make get their sacraments at Easter vigil are going down to meet the bishop. It just occurred to me this morning that Brian's dress pants were too short. I got lucky though. When I took the hem down, it turns out he can wear them without being hemmed up. Yeah! :)

I've got chili in the crockpot for dinner since it will probably be late when we get back.

Kiko - Your Spring break is longer than ours. Brian would have been off on the 10th but it is a snow day that they used so he will only get the week of the 13th - 17th off. But then Richardson starts school later than some of the districts around here.

cottagebythesea
03-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone, I just got back from my DD's, and had a really nice visit with them. The best news is that I managed to stay OP the entire time I was there! We went out to eat at Chili's last night, and DD tried to persuade me to have a Margarita with her, but :dust: won out, and I had a sparkling water with lime instead. For my meal, I had the Guiltless Grilled Salmon with black beans and steamed broccoli. It was delicious and satisfying. Since today is Sunday, I'm allowing myself a little cheat, and am going to have a small dish of LF ice cream with some SF hot fudge sauce. But I've been saving up my calories for it, too. :)

Well, I'd better go and spend some time with Jake now, before he starts to sulk. :dizzy: Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

batmomm2000
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
yep it's me Kiko, dh works at Chili's now.

Speaking of Chili's nice going Cottage on your choices. I love the black beans there.

Lindy87
03-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Had a great time seeing old friends last nite. Most of us haven't seen each other in about 9 years and amazingly everyone looked pretty much the same. Just a little older and everyone had pics of their kids. Such a great time, hoping to get together again over the summer. Also doing better with the eating the past 2 days. Hopefully I'm over my mindless eating. Now off to watch the oscar preshows.

mamaeli
03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Everyone, it's been a long time (long, long time) and most of you probably don't remember me. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Right now, I'm about back up to where I was when I started in May. But that's okay, because I'm expecting and due in August. Pregnancy is going well, and actually I didn't gain any weight as a result of this--yet. (Too many Krispy Kremes at the new office in Sept-Nov :( ) Anyway, I miss ya'll and look forward to joining the Beach when the Dr. tells me it's okay. Best of luck to all of you!

weezle
03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Evening, chicklets. The reception went fine. I'm exhausted though, and have eaten poorly all weekend. We went to the store this evening and I got all healthy things so I'll be back on track tomorrow. Mom made some DELICIOUS lentil soup and I have two servings of that left, plus I bought a lot of healthy soups to make for lunches. For some reason, soup sounds really good to me lately.

I've typed up a list of "concerns" for my boss' boss, the one who hired me. I'm going to just sit down with Dave and explain my concerns to him and let him know that I'm tired of putting up with what I've been putting up with, and if things don't change, I'm going to continue looking for other employment. I'm really tired of being taken advantage of because I'm young and they think I'm naive because of my age.

I really hope I find something soon. Keep the prayers up girls! Hope you all are doing fine. Talk soon.

Lisa

soon2Bfab
03-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Weezle - That sounds like a good idea. Maybe you will feel better too....hope it goes well.