meowee
03-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Here we go . . . :carrot:

hefty1
03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
hi meow. i went to the y mca today. glen

msfez
03-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Hello Everybody :wave: Just checking in on your new thread Meowee. Glad to hear you finally got back in control of your day. I like to think if all else fails...nap. I've gotta get back to those cargo pants I'm making for my son today. Have a nice day everyone. Bye.

akrosey49
03-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Morning everyone:coffee2: i have been up early this am.. the dh has gone to his cabin for a few days and so i have lots of quiet time..queen of the remote.. no cooking.. do what i want yippppppppeeeeeeee and i miss him like crazy:rofl: go figure.. the grass is always greener:?: my back is a little better.. still sore but spasms have quit.. will take it slow and easy tho..what do you all snack on befor bed or when the sl goes to low in the middle of the night??.. i usually have a yougart or a banana before bed..but the last 2 nights sl to low..so now i keep a gator aide or juice by my bed.. what do you guys do for that? maybe i need to add some protein?? other than that and the back everything fine here.. plan on finnishing my scrapbook today..hope you all have agreat weekend((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

Ruthxxx
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi, Chickies and Glen.

I've had my BGL running a little high some mornings - high for me is FBGL of 7 (US126) although it's been around 6(US108) at bedtime the night before. I think it's the dawn syndrome so will try a snack at bedtime. I make a LF ricotta cream dessert (South Beach) and will give that a try. I'm not too worried about it as the HA1C is the important one. Rosey, I think a protein snack is best or a slow release carb. I must ask my dietician.

Msfez, I'm sewing today too - shortening pants! I hate being short.

Glen, good work going to the Y.

Meowee, do you guys still have snow? I'm considering a bit of an escape trip to a friend's place on the South Shore.

meowee
03-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Believe it or not, my favourite bedtime snack is fruit and yogurt. However, lately I've been having toast or a small bowl of cereal as well because I seem to need something a little bit more "carby" than just the fruit and I'm still usually down in the high 3's (60's) in the morning.

We still have snow . . . and more is predicted this weekend. We often get a nasty storm in early April. But who can really tell what's going on this winter.

See you soon, kiddies. Keep smiling.:carrot:

msfez
03-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Hello everybody :wave: Just popped in to say Hi! I usually have one of those mock danish things every night. It's an egg, 1 to 2 oz ff cream cheese, 4 packs splenda, chocolate or, vanilla or, peanut butter or whatever flavoring extract i'm in the mood for. Nuke the cream cheese for 28 seconds and add rest of ingredients. Mix it up good with a fork then just put in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until done. It seems to cook more even with some plastic wrap over it. It's low in calories and has enough protein to keep my blood sugar stable until morning. Most especially...it tastes like you're being naughty! Back to the cargo pants from ****! I finished them and discovered that I'd put one pocket higher that the other...it's probably too early for a cocktail.....

creations
03-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Had a hard time finding the new site. Had to be me.
Its a cloudy Sunday morning with snow due in late tonite. Will be glad when winter is over. Going to do some rubberstamping with friends this afternoon.Husband is working and really don't want to stay home. Find too many things to snack on. BS was 126 this morning.
Creations

akrosey49
03-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Morning everyone..we had 10 inches of snow last nite.. the hubby came home from the cabin early cuz he missed me:love:..that mock dannish thing sounds interesting..i might give it a try..sry for the sewing booboo.. ive certainly done that.. in fact at times ive been so frustrated with a sewing project ive balled it up and thrown it in a closet:rofl: i sew alot of my own clothes as by the time i get it big enuff to go around me i have to cut 1/2 of it off as im so short..my back is ok as long as i dont make any sudden movements or twist to the left..at least i got some good sleep last night..my sl where 104 this am..i had a cup of applesauce and some wheat thin crackers for a snack before bed..seemed to do the trick no lows last night..hope you are all having agreat day (((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
03-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Morning, buds . . . I'm definitely not feeling too great this morning. Hopefully I'm not coming down with something really nasty, but only tiome will tell, I guess.

Anyway, gang, hang in there. I'll see you tomorrow and, hopefully, I'll be feeling a bunch better.

msfez
03-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: Just peeking in. Sorry to hear you're ill Meowee. There's something going around all the time this time of year. Take care of yourself.

Yes Rosey, I did consider wadding those pants up and throwing them in the closet. I figured that my DS would be on me like the crabs until I got them done. Yes, those mock danishes are good. I guess I've made them in every flavor there is.

Gotta run now and get started. Laundry Day. Have a nice day Everybody! Bye.

creations
03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Good Afternoon everyone.
Went for a short walk this morning after a bs of 152. Can't take my brace back until Thursday and can't walk too much in it,Its rubbing on the side of my foot. Can't afford any sores.
Had flurries this morning,suppose to be in the 60's by the weekend.

Judy

akrosey49
03-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Morning everyone..another cold and grey day.. was watching the chicadees and nut- hatches on the birdfeeder while i had coffee makes me yearn for spring..im still stiff and sore esp if i move suddenly or twist to the left:( ..no lows last night and sl 113 this am..meowee.. take care of yourself.. if i was your neighbor id make u some chix soup..how's the sewing going msfez?..my daughter and grd are coming to visit today..we are planning her 8th b-day party..the whole family will be here on the 15th for that day..we do alot of celebrating..and sometimes we dont even need a reason:) hello to all and ((((:hug: )))))) rosey :wave:

Dianne E
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Oooo new thread and just in time for my return to! hi gang, sorry I have been away so long, got stuck down in New mexico with hubby. least it's warm down there right now lol!
Feeling like a beached whale this week, seems in the wonders of my pcos my body decided to spring a cycle on me without warning as usual and wait for 24 hours to fill me up with that wonderful water retention feeling... AND the scales show an 8lb gain /sigh, please tell me I didn't gain and that it's just water!!!!
Picked up an off the shelf drug *Sugar Blocker* (http://www.pharmapure.net/weight_management_formulas.html#) not sure how it's going to pan out but giving it a try anyway. However my SL's are back up in the 150's again, but that's because i have been bad the last week and not really been eating well =( Back to the rabbit food now I am home!!...yeah...lettuce.... bleh!

*hugs to all* nice to be back home, chat to you all tomorrow!

-Dianne

msfez
03-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: It's cold and rainy here and they said it will be till Saturday. Might even thunderstorm Thur and Fri. Every joint in my body is hurting or sore this morning. Maby I will loosen up a little when I get started cleaning this nasty house today. I been sewing the last few days and have let it go. When I was in the closet getting the fabric out for the pants form **** I found a bag of pretty good size fake fur samples. My cat sorta liked them so I guess my next project will be "Fake Fur Cat Toys Filled With Catnip". I'd better wait unil I get in a little better shape before I start so I can fight Him off while I'm stuffing them with catnip. He's a big old Kitty! Take care of yourselves and have a nice day. Bye.

creations
03-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Went walking this morning. Cool but sunny,rain is due in tomorrow. Now my foot and ankle are really swellen. Think the changing weather had something to do with it.
Our cats like anything fake fur,with or without catnip.

Having vegetable soup for lunch. A lite supper also. Husband wants to get pizza to watch the hockey game tonite.
Bye

akrosey49
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Good morning everyone:D its cloudy and dreary here today too..i had agreat nights sleep and no back spasms yet today:carrot: sl were 104 this am.. since my back has been bothering me (and my feet earlier this yr:?: ) i think it my bodys way of saying get with it old girl..anyway for the last few days i have cutting my portions in 1/2.. so instead of 2 slices of toast only one etc..but boy am i hungry..but nothing like alot of pain to motivate me..since im still leary of over doing it(want to give the back a few more days to rest and heal).. i sent my dh to the grocery store..lord help me.. i gave him a list but you never know what he will bring home:rofl: he was bored and looking for something to do anyways and needed a haircut so i sent him on his way.. i will let you all know how he did..i love the fact that some of you are crafters..i would go nuts with out my projects.. and crafty fluffs are are part of my decor..so how did the pants turn out msfez? have agreat day everyone (((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

Josian
03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi all :)

I'm new and figured this is a good place to be. I was diagnosed with T1DMM ten years ago, and have always had issues with my weight. Last year, in June, my left leg went numb suddenly-found out it was neuropathy. I've lost over 20 pounds, was doing well, but fell off the wagon over the holidays. Now my A1c is back up and it's off to the drawing board again.. Looking for as much support as I can get!

Thanks,
Josian

creations
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Welcome Josian,

You've come to the right place.

Creations

Dianne E
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome Josian!
This is indeed the place to come, I have come to rely on this and other forums for my support, it's a great place to be if you need a cheerful start to your day, a friendly hello or some advise. I see you have 21lbs to go to your goal weight, thats a lot closer than I am lol!! Do you follow a specific plan for weight loss or just count the calories and carbs the old fashioned way?
Look forward to chatting to you over the next few days and once again welcome to our little corner of the world!

-Dianne

Dianne E
03-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Has anyone tried Tofu? Was thinking of picking some up but it always looks so tasteless to me.. any tips?

Josian
03-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks creation & Dianne!

I follow a modified version of Suzanne Somers' program. I count carbs only because insulin necessitates it. it's basically food combining, no carbs with fats. It's been working well for me when I stick to it. Whole grains, no refined sugars, flour... whole foods. It's the longest I have been able to stick with something! Blood fats were down before Christmas, it will be interesting to see what happened when I went off the wagon! :P

Anyway, my prime motivation right now is my wedding. Got my dress in yesterday, and I'm less than an inch from zipping it all the way up-and I have 8 months to go.

My biggest area of concern is the maintainence support. I fall out of balance pretty easily!

On the road for work for the next 3 days... Fingers XXXX I make good choices!

Josian

meowee
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi, Gang. Nova Scotia is still attached to the rest of the continent and I'm starting to feel a little better although definitely not great. Its' fairly mild here and the sun is trying to shine. I seem to remember that yesterday was absolutely beautiful.

Welcome to you Josian:hug: . This is a great place to find the support we all need to keep going. You'll be fastening that gorgeous wedding dress in no time and we'll all be here to cheer.

Welcome back, Dianne:hug: . Glad you had a fun trip even though the scale didn't enjoy it quite as much. You'll get those BS readings back where they belong in no time. I do think you'd be wise to mention the "sugar Blocker" to your doctor. I'm a bit of a worry wart about stuff like that for diabetics.

Keep up the good crafting, Rosey. Your cat will love you for it. My cats are like yours, Creation. Fake fur is great. Catnip is great. Together is great. :D

I'm not sure tofu will ever be very high on my list of favourites. I actually like the fake ground round which is made from soy, but the actual blocks of tofu are another story. :?: I do agree that they blend into whatever you put them with and I guess that is the point, but I really don't like the texture either. I do know people who just love it. I came across two tofu recipes I'd like to try someday -- tofu brownies and tofu carrot cake -- now don't those sound yummy. I think "someday" will be in the very distant future.;)

See you later, everybody. Keep on moving and grooving.:carrot:

akrosey49
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Morning everyone..its sunny and beautiful out today..i had a terrible nights sleep and woke up grouchy:( but todays abrand new day even if im dragging cuz im tired..welcome josian.. we have great support group going here..meowee am glad you are feeling some better..but i dont have a cat:dunno: just dogs and a parakeet.. i do love to craft tho..and im with you tofu is yucky and not on my list of food choices..hows the swollen feet creations?.. better i hope..misfez howdid the pants turn out and did the cats like the fur thingys..diane am glad you are home.. i always do btter at home too..you will get back with the program..well my dh did ok at the store..didnt come home with to many extras..but hes been watching the cooking shows and wanted to make dinner.. well im all for that but it wasnt low calorie.. he did a good job and i luv getting waited on..but back to reality today..cleaning closets is on my agenda today so best get at it.. ill check in later(((((hugs)))) rosey:wave:

meowee
03-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, Rosey. It was MsFez to whom I meant to address the cat comment. Sometimes old age manages to creep a lot faster than I do.:dizzy:

I just discovered an interesting diabetes related website complete with a forum function and on-line questions can be directed to a panel of doctors and dieticians. I haven't spent too much time there yet, but so far it seems interesting and helpful. Try . . . www.dlife.com . . .

Anyway, see you all later. Here's a dose of :dust: to help get us through the evening.

akrosey49
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello..meowee..i have lots of those moments to.. i call them senior moments but usually brain"farts":rofl: ill check out the website thanks.. am feeling better..not so grouchy now..have been working with a new scrapbooking program on the puter.. it has all kinds of patterns and pages and embelishments etc and then you can insert text and your pictures and then print..its fun and challenging as im not a real puter savey person but im learning new things all the time..keeps the mind sharp even if the bodys dragging and sagging a bit..check in later :wave: rosey

Dianne E
03-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I haven't actually come across the fake ground round as yet. Althought my shopping trips out are limitied depending on how long hubby has at home inbetween trips out on the road. I can't drive over here in the US yet you see. limited mobility etc etc so getting around is a bit of a problem.
I'm still thinking about trying the tofu, but the thoughts are waning lol.. maybe I'll just stick to my nice lean turkey and chicken breasts grilled and seasoned. Seems to work for me overall!
I guess my 8lb gain was water retention afterall, as of today I now fit in a dress I haven't worn in 10 years! woooppppeeeee, I would be dancing with joy but the food poisoning is still making me a little careful of moving to suddenly LOL! I actually managed to eat a little crockpot made meatballs and pasta meal tonight, first food in over 48 hours. Was a bit of a no-no since it was a pre-pack all in one meal and 430cals a cup but I figured since I haven't technically had anything inside of me except water for 2 days it would be ok just this once. PP testing after 2 hours only had me at 132 on the SL so it wasn't so bad.
It's been glorious here today in mississippi, warm, in the 70's, sun was shining, makes me wonder where winter went to! Good day to open all the windows and air out the 3 weeks I was away. Hoping to get back into my daily walking routine by tomorrow, this illness has really knocked the stuffing out of me energy wise, not sure I can start out on my 2 miles as usual but maybe a mile and see how I go. I know the dogs will thank me.

Rosey I have 6 dogs 2 parakeets and a cockatiel, and boy do they like to make a mess with thier seed!

Wish me luck for tomorrow gals, it's my check up to see how my cancer remission is going, fingers crossed, 3 times is enough already :(

*hugs* -Dianne xx

msfez
03-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Hello Everybody! :wave: I finally finished cleaning. I got on such a roll I even cleaned the oven! I don't hardly know how to act having my whole house cleaned all at once.:carrot: Now I'm free to start my catnip toys tomarrow. Creations, sorry to hear about your foot and ankle. Rosey, if you sent the DH to the store you must be in need of a good laugh...if He's anything like mine! Did you get your closets cleaned? Welcome Josian, so nice to meet you. So you're getting married...I know everything will work out with your dress. I'll bet it's beautiful. Welcome back Dianne hope you had a nice trip. I fixed some tofu last year. Dipped it in egg and crumbs and fried it. You're right, it don't have much of a taste. It needed a big old piece of velveeta cheese or something on it. Those tofu brownies and carrot cake might be interesting. Good luck tomarrow at your check up. I'm pulling for you. Meowee, glad you're feeling a little better. Brain Farts. So that's what they are. I'm glad I'm not the only one with senior moments. I don't even want to disscuss dragging and sagging Rosey. Well gotta go collapse in my recliner for the evening. I'm exausted. Have a nice night. Bye.

meowee
03-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Good Morning, everybody . . .

Whatever you want to call it, it sounds like a lot of us are suffering from "incipient alzheimers". Oh the joys of getting older. Actually about the only one I can think of is . . . no more TOM. :carrot: Don't miss it even one little bit. :carrot:

Other than our memory lapses, I'm glad to hear everybody is doing pretty well. Best of luck with that check-up, Dianne. I've got my fingers and toes and eyes :crossed: for you.

Have a great day, gang, and keep on doing the good stuff. :carrot: With or without the benefit of tofu. :lol3:

creations
03-09-2006, 11:08 AM
weigh in this morning,down .2. Very disappointing, Ankle and foot are swellen. I go at 1 to get my brace adjusted.

hefty1
03-09-2006, 07:31 PM
hi everyone. you'll do etter next time creation. my parent licence alzmr 106
(alzimer :lol). glen

sapphire9
03-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi, all. I've been in a real funk. I have been trying to get back on my fast but haven't been able to. Then I got home last night and got a message from my clinic group leader who suggested I switch to a maintenance program since I haven't really been fasting. Well, I was angry and upset as I was really hoping to lose another 15 lbs or so before I see my doctor next month. So I've been stewing about this all day, but finally came to the realization that the group leader is probably right and so I will attend maintenance classes for three months and hope that I can lose some more weight doing that. One thing I am going to do is get a resting metabolism test which will tell me how many calories my body burns and maybe I can work with that.
So, I'm disappointed in myself. But I did lose enough weight to meet my initial goal and I am mobile again for the first time in several years.
"
"Oh the joys of getting older. Actually about the only one I can think of is . . . no more TOM. Don't miss it even one little bit. "
Meowee - I'm with you. I could do without the "oldtimers" syndrome. Somebody gave me a Soduku book to exercise my gray cells. Haven't attempted it yet since I've always been intimidated by numbers.

sapphire9
03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Just checked the weather report. It might snow in San Francisco tonight! Whoopie! :carrot: Of course it will only hit the highest elevations and I live in the flat lands and will never see it because it melts fast. In 1976 I woke up and looked out the window and saw snowdrifts on the houses across the street. At the office I worked in I could open the windows and made a snowman on the windowsill. I know, those of you in the great cold north are rolling your eyes about now.:rolleyes:

Josian
03-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Good evening all!

It's been a crazy couple of days, lots of snow, 2wd rental car... it's made the trip interesting, although I haven't been able to get as much stuff done as I would like to. Oh well. I haven't been eating very well either.

Tomorrow is always fresh.

hefty1
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
welcome back rose. why are you fasting? aren't you suppose toe to lose wieght? i'm trying to pry. :) glen

meowee
03-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Good morning . . . weather is kind of grey and rainy today. . . but still fairly mild. Even though the days are getting longer, I get very 'cabin-fever-ish' at this time of year. I just want winter to be over, even though it hasn't been too bad a winter overall.

Sounds like a little change on your 'plan' might be a good idea, Rosetta. My curiosity is right up there with Glen's. Perhaps you'd be willing to give us some more details . . . what does the 'fasting' plan entail? vs. what's involved in the 'maintenance' program. You are also very right to remind youself of your accomplishments. Sometimes we all tend to dwell on what we see as our failures and totally ignore our successes. Josian is doing it too. . . the right thing . . . by reminding herself that 'tomorrow is always a fresh day'. As long as we all keep that attitude, we will always pick ourselves up after the little tumbles and keep on moving forward.

Here's a good shot of :dust: :dust: :dust: for all of us. I feel a binge attack trying to sneak up on me and I'm definitely trying to fight it off. Other than that, nothing much is new in my world.

Even though we northerners might be rolling our eyes about your "Snow Excitement", Rosetta, I have to admit to feeling a little thrill at the first snowfall every winter. However, by this time of year . . . the thrill has definitely gone. :D

Hang in there, gang. If we just keep doing the right things, the rewards will come. :carrot:

Dianne E
03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Good morning all!
Lovely day here in Mississippi sun is shining and I think I have finally come to the end of my food poisoning.. thank the Lord for that, No more reheated restaurant turkey dinners for me thats for sure =/

Josian I to spent 3 weeks out on the road and busted my good eating habits to **** and back MORE than once, so don't feel to badly, as you said, tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. Just think "Wedding Dress'!

I have to say, I didn't think fasting was any part of a good diet plan and I am so curious as to what type of eating you do Rosey, although in some of my research on dieting and the like I have come across more than one memntion that you need to zig-zag your calorie intake up and down some to keep metabolism on the ball.... is it something like that?

Well my check up went well, still in remission (awaiting test results) I believe which is a good thing, be glad when the 5 year wait for the all clear is over, only another 4 years to go.. bleh lol My Sl's are getting back on track now I am feeling better also, fasting test this morning was a decent 99, another 10 off that score and I shall be quite happy with that for a morning result.

My clothing cataloges started arriving yesterday. I have been hunting around online looking for style ideas (I don't really have a "Style") in preperation for the new warbrode I fully intend to buy myself starting at the end of summer, weight loss depending, poor hubby is rolling his eyes and gripping onto his wallet with both hands in the knowledge that I am going to order things in a BIG way LOL, poor fella. In the meantime I am having some fun just flicking through the pages and waiting to look good!

Haven't been doing any of my hobbies for the last month with being away and feeling under the weather, I think today I am going to drag out my cross stitch and get back to the project I have half finished, something other than just sitting on the couch and staring at the TV, my brain needs some stimulation!

Creations hows the foot sweetie?

have a good day all, be safe and be happy
*HUGS*
-Dianne xx

Wheezy
03-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Wheezy and I live in Ontario, Canada. Today is rainy and dull. I am wanting to join this group as I have diabetes too! I have been diabetic for 28 1/2 years. Have been on insulin for the last two. I have gained over 25 lbs since going on it and I am now working to lose that weight as well as weight that I have gained over the years. My sugars are usually good in the morning and rise in the late afternoon, but since I have been going to TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) I have lost 10 lbs to date. I am working to lose at least 60 - 70 lbs. I will see my doctor next month and he will help me set a goal. My HA1C was a little too high last time so my goal this time in April will be at least at a 7. My doctor wants it below 7 and that's another goal I will work on.
My mom and sister are planning a trip to Alaska in May and was wondering is any of you could tell me what it is like at that time of the year.
Anyway I hope you all have a great day and I will talk with you later today as my grandson wants to use the computer to play on.
Talk with you soon,
Wheezy

creations
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Got my brace adjusted. Feels fine. BS was 97 this morning. Went shopping,with the walking,cold and dampness,my foot and ankle didn't swell as bad.
When I have the brace on the ankle is more straight up and down,so the blood flows better.
Have to cook and clean tomorrow. The kids are coming for dinner. Might be a challenge. First time I've cooked for them after finding out 13 months old ganddaughter has milk allergies.
Have a nice weekend every one.

Judy

sapphire9
03-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Good Morning! We didn't get our snow, at least so far.:( But there's a nice chill in the air which suits me just fine. I feel better in cooler weather.
To those who asked, the medically supervised fast I've been on since last August consists of using nutritionally fortified meal replacements totalling 500-800 calories a day, taking liquid potassium supplements, vitamins and being checked by a doctor every week. In addition, you attend weekly behavior classes. This worked really well and I lost weight rapidly - average 3-4 lbs a week. It's expensive but I was desperate. It is a well-established program here in San Francisco and is paid for by some insurers as long as you are losing weight. I wasn't hungry at all on the fast. But I started having emotional cravings and that's what did me in. Lately I haven't been able to stay on it at all, although I've tried. I had already paid my fasting fee this month so it will be transferred into three months maintenance classes. They consist of a weekly meeting to discuss nutrition and to continue to use meal replacements for at least one meal a day. I have gotten used to having them for lunch so I will continue and try to substitute low calorie meals like Lean Cuisine for dinner. The point is to keep you from gaining back the weight you lost. I am still hoping to lose more weight, just not as rapidly. I'm also thinking of joining a gym now that I will no longer be paying for the program.
Creations - I think I missed something. What is wrong with your ankle, if I'm not being too nosey? Anyway, glad it's better.
Wheezy. Welcome. We're all here struggling with the same issues. Rosey from Alaska can answer your travel query.
Happy day to all.

akrosey49
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Morning everyone..my goodness theres alot of posts and that makes me soooooo happy..first off.. im rosey and rosesttas rosetta:) she is the one fasting and i too am curious how that works and the maintenance program..im the crafty fluffs lady in alaska:lol: not sure if u are all mixing us up or i need stronger glasses or having a brain fart again.. meaning no offence to anyone..in the meantime welcome wheezy.. and hope your family loves alaska..may can be cool..so bring a warm sweater of jacket..its just begining spring for us then..i used to belong to TOPS its a great group..meowee i have spring fever too.. and can hardly wait for winter to be gone..rosetta.. am happy to see your posts.. sry you are stuggling..maybe your body needs a break from the program.. we are all hoping good things for you.. and you can have all our snow..diane.. thats such good news for you hope the tests confirm it :crossed: i love looking at the new clothes too but usually go back to whats comfortable on me sweats and my homemade flannel blouses..at my age comfort comes before fashion:lol3:.creations.. glad you got your brace fixed and feel better.. my grdaughter has an egg allergy and im constantly looking at labels so can relate there..hello mr ken(glen)..and all the other ladies that post too..i didnt post yesteday as we went ona road trip.. my dh wanted to find this new lumber place and it was about 75 miles from home.. it was abeautiful day for a drive..tonite my mil is taking us out to dinner.. a new place called the Treehouse..hope i can be good:?: its treat to eat out.. not just the food but being served and someone else cleans up :cp: :encore: :cp:..have agreat day everyone will check in later ((((((((hugs))) rosey:wave:

gmalil
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
My goodness there has been lots going on while I have been gone for a week!
I just got back from the podiatrst, he thinks the incisions are beautiful. I had a bunion corrected and a hammer toe corrected on the next toe. He must like PURPLE! :) it feels better just getting the bulky bandages off, but will be wearing the boot for another month or so. DH is not wild about cooking OR TV dinnners, so we have eaten out several times, but think I am doing fine. I need to be extra careful because i can't exercise on the bike...I don't want to gain now! One part of me is skinny now, he pointed out that he had removed fatty tissue while working on the hammer toe, making that toe a lot slimmer! :rofl:

We got a lot of snow last night, woke up to a Winter Wonderland. :)but now as it is melting, it looks like rain coming off of my roof!

On an earlier post I saw discussion about Byetta. here is a site for a blog where users discuss their success and or problems.
http://diabetes.blog.com/543604/ I've been using it since December. I lost 5 pounds right away, but then slowed way down. I have had none of the bad side effects. and my BS numbers stableized between 100 and 118 for my fasting #s. :)

meowee
03-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Wow . . . it is busy, busy, busy on this thread today. Keep it up, gang.

Just wanted to pass along a quick :hug: for you, Dianne, and another for you, Creations. :hug: So glad you both had good medical results.

Here's a welcoming :hug: for you Wheezy. Wow, can I ever relate. I've had type 2 for about 15 years. Had just managed to make it down to under 250, four years ago when I started on insulin and watched it all come back again with a vengeance. It's discouraging, but we just have to keep fighting the best fight we know how. It took me almost 4 years to realize that. So don't do as I did :D

Rosetta . . . thanks for the info. I think you will do well and continue to lose nicely on what you're describing as maintenance. Add lots of salad to that dinner-time Lean cuisine. And make yourself some of what I call, 'Sanity Soup'. . . tomatoey broth (use watered down juice or V-8), with lots of low carb veggies (onions, celery, spinach, etc.) You can have it anytime you feel the need for a little something hot and it has almost no calories. ;)

I'm with your, Rosey, comfort is definitely my main objective these days. One of the things I do like about winter is being able to wander around in sweats all day.

Gmalil . . . Glad your doc likes his own handiwork so much ;) Oh well, once you've completely healed up, you'll be able to become a "second-toe-foot-model" for him. Good way to get back some of your money.

Well, gang, time to go think about dinner. I've been filling up on lots of water today in the hopes of scaring off that "binge-:devil:" by making loud gurgling sounds when I move. So far it's working. :D

Have a great evening. See you all tomorrow. :carrot:

Wheezy
03-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me into the group. I like to thank Meowee for the hug. Yes, I have been on the insulin for just 2 years and I have seen what diabetes can do to your body. It is very scary. It's quite rapid in my family on my dad's side. I lost my dad to complications 13 years ago and he was only 67. I certainly don't want to go down that path. My one sister has complications with her eyes. The doctor has told her that she could pull her license at anytime when she has her appointments. She has neuropathy in her back, shoulders, arms and fingers. Its very painful. I have it in my left leg.
Rosey thank you for letting me know that is just coming into spring in May. I have been told to wear layers since you don't know what to expect. Will we need raincoats, is it quite rainy at that time?
Do any of you ladies have any ideas on how to lose the weight when you are at a plateau. I have been at a stand still for about 3 weeks. Its very depressing.

creations
03-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Rosettastone- no problem. I have arthrtis in both my right ankle and foot. Due to several injuries. About 25 years ago,I fell and was told I sprained my ankle. Two years ago I tore the tenan. When I had a MRI,was told at my time my foot was broken and it never healed right. That's whn it had to happen. When I was put in a comwalker for the tear,it was too big and my foot was all over the place after the swelling went down. Dr wouldn't order anything else. Had been to a few. This one seems to know his stuff and when I wear the brace the pain and swellen aren't as bad.
It time it will have to be replaced as they wear out. It was $1200 and I had to pay $650 as we have cobra insurance. A whole other story.
Judy

sapphire9
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Judy - I'm sorry about your ankle problems. I too have had ankle problems. Mine turn very easily and in 1980 I sprained one very badly. Although I was treated by an orthopedist, the ankle never really healed and I couldn't walk for a year until I finally went to a good podiatrist who made my first pair of orthotics. Unfortunately, that year of not being able to walk gave rise to my massive weight gain. My ankle was swollen for years and I think still is a little. Then a few years ago I acquired achilles tendonitis in both ankles and was told by one ortho that he'd have to do 2 surgeries on each ankle. Yikes! When I demurred, he prescribed a brace with cost me $100 co-pay and made matters worse. In the meantime, I had changed podiatrists and he made me a new pair of orthotics for a recurring corn and low and behold they helped my achilles and now I can walk without pain. (Needless to say I'm in love with that man.) I wear New Balance walking shoes all the time, though, but I'm just glad I can walk. Well, that's probably more information than you needed. Just trying to emphathize.:o Is it possible to re-break the ankle and re-set it? Could a good pair of orthotics help? I can't walk very well without mine.
Dianne - sorry I missed you last time. So happy that you got a good med report. We'll all send you postive energy.:flow1:
Rosey - thanks for clearing up the name thing. Hope you have a great dinner.
Wheezy - there are plateau theories around the threads that if you vary your calorie intake a little - increase them briefly - that this will confuse the fat cells and they might cut loose. It's worth a try. Just don't overdo it.
Meowee - thanks for the tomato broth idea. I like V-8 juice and the recipe sounds easy. I'll give it a try.
Well, my work day is done. Time to go home and watch the Sopranos 4th season on my new dvd player.

creations
03-10-2006, 10:15 PM
No,it wouldn't be possible to rebreak it. The whole foot is filled with arthrtis.
Go back in a month to see him again. If neither one of us is happy,will have to come up with someone or something else.
Judy

Dianne E
03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the thread Wheezy! In my readings about the plateau's dieters reach it seems you are meant to increase your calorie intake by around 500 (a day?) to kick start your metabolism again, throw on top a little bit more in the exersice department where possible and do that for a couple of weeks, apparently the weight is meant to start falling off again...... Just what I have read however! I believe I read it here on these boards, but the brain is backfiring today and I can't recall offhand lol. I'm sure these lovely ladies will have the answer for you tho!

I think it was me who got the Rosey and Rosetta's mixed up.. lol Sorry gals!

Keep up the good work all!
-Dianne xx

msfez
03-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: Just dragged myself out of bed and got on here to see what's going on in the coop. Looks like we might need a bigger coop. Well I'm STILL making those cat toys! Between all the rain this week (thunderstorming outside now), the arthritis in my hands, and that GOD FORSAKEN cat it's been kinda slow. So far I've made a bone and blind panda about 10" for the dog(He eats eyes)out of the big pieces. So rar I've made balls, triangles, rectangles, as well as a couple of rat looking objects all filled with catnip. I'll tell you right now that making catnip toys is a hazardous project. The crafter is subject to cat attack AT ANY TIME! I'm thoughly convinced that cat wants me to kill Him! I was sitting at the kitchen table at the sewing machine sewing one of them I just filled with catnip closed. All at once that cat jumped ON MY BACK between my shoulder blades...and dug His claws IN! I thought I was going to die trying to get that big old cat off of me. Couldn't hardly reach Him. Needless to say...I survived the attack with claw marks on my back but my favorite sweater didn't. I don't know if I'm going to make Him any more toys. Might be too dangerous. I looked at my back in the mirror this morning and I have 4 bruised cat prints. No doubt they'll get infected. Oh well, I just had to tell you about it.

Hello Wheezy. Glad you joined us. Sorry to hear you didn't get your snow Rosetta. Hope you're having a good trip Josian. Judy, that brace really seems to help your ankle. I can't believe what medical things cost either. The bad thing is it's always something one really needs. Thank God you got good news from the doctor Dianne. 4 more years. Hello Glen. Nice to see you. Hello to gmalil and Her curvacious toe. Meowee, If you find a cure for those sneaky binge attacks let me know ASAP. That fudge in the freezer is trying to talk to me again. It's probably the stress from the cat attack. Have a nice day everybody. Bye.

akrosey49
03-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Morning everyone:coffee: i had a nice time last night eating out..this resturant has changed hands several times and several owners back was my favorite place to eat.. this was the 1st time with new owners.. they had a nice salad bar and i had prime rib.. skipped the potatoe..it must have been a good choice as sl was 94 this am..my mil is 84 and both her and my dh are almost deaf.. i spent a good share of the evening repeating what each said to the other.. i felt like a ping pong ball :lol3: :hyper: :lol3: it was really funny after a while..msfez.. that must be a big cat to leave bruises:o ..did he like the toys? we have agolden retriever and a shitzu.. and 2 parakeets.. but no cats....anyways hope everyone is having a great weekend..am trying to finnish up my scapbooking mess and then have to start cleaning as next weekend we are having a combined b-day party for my grdaughter, hubby, and brother inlaw..ill have ahouse full.. the other daughter and 3 grkids will stay a week and they get here on tueday(spring break for them) did i say spring :fr: we had more snow and rosetta id gladly send it all to you..anyways ((((((((hugs))))))))) to all rosey :wave:

creations
03-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Its a beautiful sunny day here in Michigan,around 50.
Just waiting for 13 monthold granddaughter to come over. Just put cat and dog toys away and brought out her toys.
Make dinner,tried to stay on the low calorie side. We all need to lose weight except for her.

Have a great day.
Judy

meowee
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi everybody . . . this is not one of my better days . . . and I really can't tell you why I'm feeling a little down. Just feel sort of bored and tired. However, this will blow over. Nothing keeps me down for long.

I agree that must be some bruiser of a cat. If you're going to make any more catnip articles you'd better shut him in the bathroom or something until you're finished. Wow . . . and I think my youngest has attitude problems . . . at least he just hisses at you from time to time if he doesn't get his own way.

anyway, everybody, have a great evening and stay on the right side of the good line.

meowee
03-12-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm baaaack and I'm in much better humour . . . at least so far. The sun is shining and that definitely helps. The wind is still pretty wild and therefore its still pretty chilly out there even though it is fairly mild.

Wake up and smell the coffee, gang. I miss you. See you all later. Have a great day. :carrot:

hefty1
03-12-2006, 11:37 AM
:wave: i've woke and smelt the :coffee2: my bs are up again. :) glen

creations
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Woke up at midnite with a bs of 54. Had a cookie and milk. Got up at 9 with a bs of 97.
Had a snack before I went to bed but I guess that wasn't enough.

Will watch real close today to see what goes in my mouth.

Judy

akrosey49
03-12-2006, 01:19 PM
coffee coffeee coffeee :coffee2: ok im up and have had my coffee..im feeling fine this am.. my back didnt keep me awake last night and slept well..and no pain yet today.. we will see how the day goes..my sl was 113 this am inspite of the icecream with carmel sauce on it last night.. i know bad bad bad but i had this craving:?: so i indulged it..sure was sinfully good:yes:..glad to see you are feeling better meowee.. sometimes i feel in a funk for no reason too.. i wonder if its the disease? some days are better than others.. does anyone else experience that?.. mr ken sry your sl are high in the am..do you snack on something before bed?? cuz if you dont your body will produce the sugar it needs while u sleep and causes those morning highs..dont know why it does or how just know it does..creations..my sl has never been that low.. that would freak me out.. dont you feel really bad when its that low??soooo since i cleaned yesterday i can play today :D and not feel a bit guilty..but ohhhhhh what will i do..hmmmm ill start with more coffee and check in later((((((hugs)))))))))) everyone rosey:wave:

meowee
03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello again, gang of mine.

Sorry your BS is high, Glen. As Rosey mentioned . . . maybe it's the result of a middle of the night hypo that your liver decided to fix. If you're not sure, maybe you should set your alarm for the 3 to 4 am time frame for a couple of nights just to check.

Wow, Judy, I know that feeling all too well. I probably would have been in the same boat except that I had far too much snack at bedtime . . . about 60 carbs worth . . . and my am BS was 5.2 (94). Because I'd had so much to eat, I took 20 units of insulin instead of the 16 I'd been working down to. So for once in my life, I got it just about right; albeit sort of by accident. :D

Rosey . . . your snack sounds wonderful. ;) I don't know if diabetes causes depression but it sounds rather logical. Bouts of depression can wreck havoc with the diabetes, so why not the other way around. Anyway, my friend, I hope you never experience a hypo. They are not a lot of fun . . . as I'm sure Judy will agree. :(

My day has been perking along just fine. I've been really guzzling the water to avoid the binge-:devil: and I'm so full of it, I can't stay out of the bathroom. Guess I'd better stop now if I want to get any sleep tonight. :dizzy:

Have a great evening, everybody. Here's a dose of :dust: for tonight. See you tomorrow.

Josian
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Morning all!

It's back home and Monday morning madness... I put almost 1000 miles on my rental last week in 3 days. I'm whooped! I spent the weekend lounging and cooking. I watched "Lady and the Tramp" with my Husky: Who says dogs don't watch TV? :df:

Off to the races, and another day of solid, healthy eating!

:grouphug:

Josian

akrosey49
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Morning everyone.. its another sunny cold day here.. i had a great nite of sleep again pain free just a little stiff this am..im going to do some big grocery shopping today with my daughter..my other daughter and 3 of my grkids are comming for spring break and the big b-day party on saturday..i like to have extra munchies when they come.. and i gurantee when they go home sunday there wont be a crumb left..they eat like a farmers thrashing crew..but thats ok they are healthy growing kids and bottomless pits.. remember the days when you could eat whatever and however much you wanted (sigh) now i look at a twinkie and gain 10#'s..hope you all are having a great day.. will check with you all later (((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi . . . having another gorgeous day. Sunny and mild, but still a little windy. Tomorrow looks like a different story . . . forecast says . . . snow, followed by freezing rain, followed by rain, and all with high winds. Sounds like it will be a good day to stay in bed.;)

That was quite some trip, Josian. :hug: Rest well and eat right and cuddle a warm dog. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Have a great time with the family, Rosey. Afraid the best we can do these days is to enjoy watching the kids pack away the food. You'll feel good for feeding them well and being strong yourself. :hug: Good luck.

It's pretty quiet around here today, wonder where everybody else is? Oh well, they'll show up when the get a chance I guess. Keep doing the good stuff, gang. See you later. :carrot:

RebaR
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey y'all, :carrot:

Just a quick hello! Life has been busy in my little corner of the world...

today has been a normal monday :jig: at least as normal as it can be in an elementary school on report card day...and the week before spring break. :dizzy: In our kindergarten class today, we had 2 birthdays... :hb: thankfully, we didn't have cupcakes... we have 3 more birthdays this week!!

Diabetes, wise, my blood sugars are doing great.... today I've had some of the yucky indigestion I get with my Byetta sometimes...:p

I weighed in yesterday- down a pound this week... need to update my ticker...:dancer: :goodscale

It's been a pretty day here today- sun and in the upper 70's! :jig: :flow2: supposed to rain this evening and start cooling off some... :rain:

Well, let me run to get some exercise... walk or bike today?? :bike:

have a great day!:hug:

Reba/AL

Dianne E
03-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey gang =)

Well... I bought Tofu......
my dogs enjoyed it.........
/grin omg, yuck! Staying on the grilled turkey breast and thats that! SL's hovering around the 110's right now and today I am just plain hungry no matter what I do. Even water drinking isn't filling me up, just have to ignore it I guess.
Glad you are feeling perkier meowee! Getting into a funk I think is all just a part of this disease, I know I didn't used to have so many "bad" days back when I was "normal!" (as normal as I could ever be that is hehe)
WB from the road trip Josian, glad you are home safe and sound =)

Off for my nightly walk with the mutts! be good and talk to you all tomorrow!

-Dianne xx

Josian
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Back in the saddle....

Dang weather-isnt is supposed to be Spring soon? I have about four inches of snow outside, I'm putting off going to work (I can pretty much set my own schedule) hoping it will clear up and the chain requirements drop. My company car doesn't have snow tires and I HATE chaining up! :)

I've been doing pretty good following my plan. I hate that hungry all the time feeling. I have a meeting tonight where they are serving pizza, so I'm going to bring dinner and nuke it. Better that than succomb to the evilness of pizza crust made with refined ingredients!

Time to get going! Hugs to you all!

meowee
03-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi to everyone . . . so far our weather is not as bad as predicted . . . not much of anything except dull and windy.

Reba . . . congrats on the weight and the blood sugar :hug:

Dianne . . . glad to hear how much you loved the tofu :s: At least you've got hungry dogs . . . my cats won't touch it.

Josian . . . I'm not sure where spring is either . . . good luck avoiding the snow and the pizza ;)

Have a good day and keep on doing all the right stuff. :carrot:

akrosey49
03-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Morning everyone..its beautiful out today and my grkids and oldest daughter are coming this afternoon :dance: i had a good nights sleep no pain:cp: and im feeling fine as frogs hair..ive been busy this am getting ready.. took awhile to put all those groceries away( the non-perishables had to wait till this am) and just have to run the dish washer and fold laundry and im good to go.. i learned its better to clean after they leave as 5 mint after they arrive it looks like bomb went off in my house..just normal kid clutter and i love every second of it..glad every one else is doing well congrats to the loosers and high fives for all our good food choices(except tofu yuck!!) ill check in later ((((((hugs)))))) rosey:wave:

meowee
03-14-2006, 02:48 PM
:high: Feeling "fine as frog's hair" . . . I have never heard that one before, Rosey . . . but I plan to remember it. :lol3:

sapphire9
03-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi, all. I'm doing a flyby at work so don't have time for individual responses. Thanks Rosey for that Alaskan cold front that's been coming our way this week. I love it! Yes, depression is a side effect of diabetes, but I've suffered from it all my life so I've gotten used to it. Tried antidepressants but they didn't work for me. Guess we all have to live with it to a certain degree. I envy you who have low morning blood sugar. Mine's always high. Been in the 180s lately. Partly because I'm not eating right and because I'm all upset that the landlord from **** has bought my apartment building. Almost too upset to eat.
Well, have a good day ladies and Glen.

hefty1
03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
:wave: i didn't know frogs had hair rosey. i hope you don't go overboard with your eating because you are mad roseetta. eat healthy :) glen

RebaR
03-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Fine as Frog Hair.. :yes: .. yep, I've heard that one...have even used it myself.... not sure if I learned it as a kid in Missouri, or here in LA ;) (Lower Alabama) :shrug:

Had a normal day here... cooler than yesterday's 80's.... it was in the 60's today with sun and wind....

water aerobics was cancelled tonight, but I did get in a walk...

Reba

Josian
03-15-2006, 02:22 PM
hi all!

Today is gorgeous, compared to yesterday! I got in some strength training this morning before I head out to central Nevada for work. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I might get up early and do some cardio in the morning before leaving my hotel! BG was 104 this morning.

meowee
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Whoopie . . . I FINALLY got my ticker/slider moving again. :carrot:

I'm thrilled. But . . . and it's a big but . . . I have discovered a flaw in my excel program I use for tracking everything. When I changed it from just tracking net carbs and stuff for my diabetes to tracking calories as well, I neglected to add back the fibre carbs when calculating the calories. Soooo, to make a long story a little shorter . . . I've been underestimating my calories for the last 10 weeks by about 12.5%. I don't know whether to be :) or :( . On the one hand I now have to get used to eating about 200 calories less and on the other hand, maybe my rate of loss will speed up? Now the program-:devil: is holding up my rewrite. I can't seem to get the new calcs to balance. I'll overcome him eventually.

Rosetta . . . stress will do it (not to suggest that poor eating doesn't count). ;)

Glen . . . I'm not sure; but I think only Rosey and Reba have hairy frogs. Canadian frogs are definitely bald. :D I may have to import one . . . so I can feel as fine as they do. :p

Josian . . . Have a good and safe trip. and do as much of the good stuff as you can manage. :carrot:

Well I'd better get back to my uncooperative program or I won't be able to track anything today. Have a great rest of the day, gang. Here's a little dose of :dust: to help us through the night.

meowee
03-15-2006, 07:32 PM
My program is fixed. I'm back in business. See you tomorrow.

meowee
03-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Wake up sleepy heads. I'm talking to myself in here and passersby are beginning to give me funny looks.:s:

Another cold, but mostly sunny day. Other than that nothing very exciting going on. BS of 5.4 (97) this morning. A little higher than I'd like, but definitely acceptable. I prefer the mid 4's (80-85).

See you soon, I hope. :carrot:

msfez
03-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: I'm done with the Toys! And I'm still alive!:carrot:

It finally stopped raining here. I'm glad to see Everybody's keeping up with the frog population in their neck of the woods. Hello Dianne, I see you bought them dogs some tofu. Hey Rosie, ice cream with carmel sauce, OMG that sounds good. Sounds like you've got a big dinner to cook. Judy, watch those night time lows. Mabe you should get some of Rosie's ice cream and carmel sauce just in case. Hello Hefty, How's you BS going? Rosetta, sorry to hear about the landlord from ****. Try not to get too upset. You've got to take care of yourself. Don't need to get down sick on top of everything else. Reba, hope you had a happy report card day. Josian, are you on the road again? Hello Meowee, glad to hear you got your program fixed. Wheezy, you doing ok? Well, I've better get off here and get my chores started. Hope you all have a nice day. Bye.

Josian
03-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Good morning!

I'm always on the road!!! :) I travel across the state every two weeks... I did get a call from Washoe country for a position I applied to, to take their test on tuesday. I would only have to communte 35 miles instead of hundreds every week!

Anyway off I go, just wanted to drop in!!

Hugs,
Me :)

sapphire9
03-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi, all. Meowee, I wish I had a bs of 97 in the morning. Mine was 200! Brought on my stress. I am all in a knot about this landlord thing. I got home last night and someone had slipped under my door a flyer about organizing a tenant's group to stand up to the thugs (they do use thug tactics to intimidate tenants). That just wound me up more. Hardly slept. One side effect is that I've lost the few lbs I've put on recently and a few more on top of that. A lotto win would do nicely about now.
Rosey must be having a ball with her grandkids as she hasn't posted for a few days. Josian, hope you get that new job.

akrosey49
03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone..i am having lots of fun.. the kids are all outside playing so have a moment..we did the big cleaning yesterday..it went faster than i thought.. as i have a huge attic packed with junk.. and thats what it was junk.. we used a box of 30 trash bags and my hubby went to the dumpster site 6 times..im embarassed that i saved all that stuff.. and still have several boxes for a garage sale.. im humbled and greatful that my kids would do this for me and it looks sooooooo nice...now we are going to go shopping.. have the big b-day party..taking the kids to the pool and movies and me and my daughters are going to lunch and bingo fri nite.. we are having fun lots of laughing going on here..and ive been indulging in foods im not suppose to have knowing that the sl have been alittle higher hovering around 120..rosetta.. am sorry for your stress :hug: that cant help the sl any..msfez have the cats gone nuts with their new toys?? josian im nosey whats your job that keeps you traveling? meowee its sunny here today too and cold..must get a the lead out of my behind.. im not even dressed and its lunch time(((hugs)))) for all will check in when i can.. rosey:wave:

creations
03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I would be in big troulbe with just plain ice cream not including the carmel sauce. Went to Red Lobster this noon and get in trouble with the rolls. Judy

hefty1
03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
hi eaveryone. my bs (not bull sh*t are down some. :) glen

Josian
03-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm a sales rep... nice boring job... I pretty much live in Walmart, which I hate. :)

Met with a photographer tonight (wedding stuff...) I still think we are going to go with the first one though....

Off to bed!

RebaR
03-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Just checking in, even if I don't want too... ;)

Today has not been a good day, :dizzy: food wise.... it was Melissa's (the teacher I work with) birthday.... one of the kids brought donuts for her birthday...we had lunch out... ice cream with the kids... then some of the other teachers brought cheesecake, chicken dip and crackers...... and as if that wasn't enough.... it was ladies night out with church.... UUGGGHHHHHH..... :ink: :barf: :ink: too much junk today... I was too bad to even begin to count it.... :ink: :barf:

one good thing.... i went to water aerobics... :carrot: I was late to the ladies fellowship, went with wet hair ... after aerobics.... (now... just so the image isn't totally crazy.... I don't dunk my head usually, so it was the ends wet....).....

I didn't want too...after the way i've eated today...but my last blood sugar was 122.... Whew... what a relief!!

well, there's my report...

Reba

meowee
03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day. :yes: He's wearing a white coat in Nova Scotia this morning. We finally got the snow. Only an inch or so, though. Nothing to need shovelling and if the sun stays out it will all melt away fairly quickly.

Woke up in the middle of the night with a really terrible cramp in my leg. Finally got it rubbed out and went back to sleep for another few hours. But my BS was 7.1 (almost 128) at breakfast time. Quite high for me. Either the cramp was the result of my liver giving me a dose of glucose or the morning BS was a result of pain stress from the leg cramp. Could be either, I guess. Whatever . . . I feel fine now.

Rosetta . . . sorry about your new "thugs". :hug: Join the tenants group. There's strength in numbers and togetherness in the face of adversity is a good stress reliever.

Rosey . . . send those kids down here . . . my garage could use some attention. :D Glad you're having a great visit.

Judy . . . bread is one of my problem areas, too. After chocolate. One of the best/worst things I can remember is chocolate chip banana bread. :devil:

Glen . . . glad to hear your BS is a little better. Keep it moving in the right direction, boy. :)

Reba . . . those kind of days happen :o . . . count your blessings (BS was pretty good, all things considered) and just get back on track.

OK, better put some hustle in my bustle and get out and get a little shopping done. Have a great day and keep on moving and shaking. :carrot:

msfez
03-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: Just checking in for today. OMG Reba! It's a FOOD FRENZY! :faint: Those water aerobics must have brought your BS down. I'd hate to think what mine would have been. I probably wouldn't waste a strip. Josian, that job sounds like a lot less road time and more wedding planning time to me. Lord Rosetta, sounds like a regular revolt is shaping up out there. Hi Rosie, don't feel bad, I had to have a big junk eviction a few months ago, and am planning to have another one. Yes, the cat has gone nuts and the dog wants me to kill Him. He chewed up a cat toy and proceeded to puke allover the living room. It would appear that catnip makes dogs nausous. Hi Judy, I can't be at the same table as rolls...ever. It leads to all kinds of trouble. Hello Glen, I'm glad that your blood sugars are down too :D Meowee, how's the frog population in Nova Scotia nowdays? Gotta run now. The fabric store is having a St. Patrick's Day sale!:carrot: Hope Everybody has a nice day...I know I am. Bye.

meowee
03-17-2006, 11:18 AM
They are cold, MsFez . . . they don't have any hair, you know . . . and the poor things live in a snowy climate.

Josian
03-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Pooor froggies!

Late this summer, DF and I found a frog sitting in the grass in the park across the street... He was huge, almost all dried out.. we put in him a container of water and he perked right up. Some kids, who walked by with their mom, who was a teacher, took him home. No hairy frogs around here either! :)

It's off to the races... I'm going to do a little bit of studying up for that exam on tuesday!

**healthy vibes going out to everyone!**

gmalil
03-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Happy Saint Paddy's day!!
My bs has been up and down. this morning was 130, highest in a while. I'm happier when it is under 120.:dizzy: It was up a bit the week before my surgery and I figured that was nerves.
My foot feels lots better today, it has passed the 2 week point. I get the stitches out on Monday :carrot: but will still have a wire in that beaudacious toe for 2 more weeks, so will still have towear the boot. I think I have actually lost a couple of pounds thru all this, maybe it is from dragging around this 4# boot!

My sister in laws thinning hair was named 'frog fuzz' by her hair dresser. That was the only time I had heard that silly phrase! :joker:

akrosey, thati so cool to have the kids clen out your attic! I could use a cleaning crew about now! Glad you are having a good time with the company.

Big junk eviction!What a good name!Msfez!a good name for what I need to do! Think I will go get started right now in my craft room!

ttfn

akrosey49
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Morning everyone.. the whole crew is at the swimming pool this am..not me tho..if i was in a swim suit i might scare someone..just not going to happen:rofl: so ive got a few quiet moments.. was woke up early this am by my grand puppy.. a jack russel who washed my face for me before i was even out of bed..shes cute and peppey and luvs grma..i have to say i have been bad with my food choices the last few days but the sl are staying around 104 to 121 the highest..the new meds are doing a great job..us girls are going shopping .. a late lunch and then to bingo today.. the guys are taking the kids to the movies..tomorrows the b-day party and then sunday they will all go home and ill have a nap and then miss them all like crazy..it was really a humbling experience to have my kids clean up 30 yrs worth of junk.. and im so greatful its done.. and looks so nice.. i used to call the attic "no mans land"..grmlil. am so glad your foot is better.. did it hurt alot and was it hard to get around.. mine was so sore i stayed off it for several weeks..you sound all better all most..hello and ((((((hugs)))))))) for all..heres to good or better choices for all this weekend.. will check in when i can..im going to bingo yay.. hope im a winner yahoooo.. im addicted and dont care..:rofl: i really love to go but havent for several months and i esp like going with my girls..rosey:wave:

meowee
03-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Lillie . . . If I was your sister I'd have found a new hairdresser . . . but at least it's good to know somebody else has met 'hairy frogs'. Don't worry too much about the BS . . . you're probably still feeling some stress related to the surgery and annoying boot.

Rosey . . . Just have fun. I know you'll get back on track once all the company has gone home.

sapphire9
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Whew! Busy day at work for a change. No time to dawdle online. Happy belated St. Pat's to you all. We had our St. Pat's parade last Sunday in the rain. The weather has cleared up for the street party that usually occurs before a certain Irish bar in the city. I will be home doing my laundry. My party days are long gone. Rosey - I knew you were having a great time. Better take a big bag to bring home all that bingo money you're going to win. Meowee - I go through problems with leg and foot cramps too at night. Have them in places I never knew I had muscles! One orthopod told me to get a prescription for quinine if they are frequent. That's supposed to help.
Happy weekend all.

meowee
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Sunny and cold today and we got another sprinkle of snow last night. The forecast says 6 to 8 inches for Monday, but I'll wait and see. Of course, Monday is the official "first day of Spring" so a major blizzard wouldn't be surprising or unusual for this time of year in Nova Scotia.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with cramps, Rosetta. The one from the other day was in the inside of my thigh muscle and wow did it hurt.:mad:

I just remembered seeing a clip on the TV news a few days ago about someplace where they found a hairy lobster . . . they showed a picture of it . . . it was blond. :D Trust me, it didn't make it any prettier. I'm sure those hairy frogs are cuter.

Have a great day, gang. Keep on doing the right stuff and it'll make the boomerang cirle right back to you. :carrot:

Josian
03-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Happy weekend all!

I soooo slept in today! :) Felt good though!

We had some corned beef and swiss on homemade rye last night for dinner. I had a 1/2 glass of Guiness, not too bad. Then... well, we shared a pint of Haagen-daz vanilla. There was a reason why we only got a pint! But it was a planned cheat, so I don't feel bad about...

Has anyone had any problems with Candida?? I've been doing some research on it...

Anyway, off to do my cleaning today.

Take care!

meowee
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi gang, it's just me again.

Been wandering around the WWW today and found two sites that just might interest some of you.

The first one (for all you lucky US citizens) is http://www17.netrition.com. Lots and lots of lowcarb products.

The other one is for we poor, deprived Canadians. http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com Only a fraction of the products and twice the cost (almost), but we're used to that aren't we? If you order from a US site, you pay almost twice as much be the time you factor in the exchange rate plus all the stuff Canada Customs hits you with (federal tax, provincial tax, import duties, special fees).

The main thing that caught my eye was something called 'Carbquick'. A low carb version of Bisquick that I first heard about on DLIFE.

Talk to you later. :carrot:

meowee
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Sure have, Josian. Probably a problem for most female diabetics. I'm particularly plagued by the external version (likes warm, moist, skinfolds). I don't know but males might get this kind too. What have you been finding out?

By the way, great planning for your St.Paddy's evening.

Josian
03-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Moewee...

Mine is definitely internal. I have had only a handful of yeast infections in my life... When I went in for my yearly in December, they found some prolific not-so-good bacteria and took care of it.
I just haven't felt very good since I went on a sugar binge in February, and at the same time got an infection in my left big toe and was on antibiotics for three weeks. I think it really screwed up my system. I would love to go to a naturopath, but can't afford it, so I'm taking some probiotics and eating Kefir to help flush out the bad and coax the good. My weight loss has stalled (in fact, I've put on a few since the antibiotic episode), but I haven't been doing anything different, except excercising a bit. My measurements haven't changed either, so I know it's not muscle! :)
The symptoms I have are pretty common: low energy, stalled weight loss, white filmy tongue, dry itchy skin and scalp, bloating and poor BMs. I figure that the probiotics couldn't hurt me, even if candida isn't the problem. My fiance is skeptical, but then, he's skeptical about everything.

I'll let everyone know on my progress.

meowee
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Antibiotics really do a terrible job on the good 'bugs' and therefore allow the bad ones to get a systemic foothold that can take quite a while to beat down again. This too will pass. Hang in there, kid.

KimmyKat63
03-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Regarding yeast, I got a bad case over a year ago (the first and only I've had) and had no insurance so I went searching for something over the counter I could use. I came across AZO Yeast tablets, available at grocers and Walgreens and it SAVED me! It's $8 for 3 months worth. Look for it in the tampon etc. section.

hefty1
03-19-2006, 07:58 AM
my bs was 5.6 this morning :dance: i'm starting an accounting corce on the 27th. glen

gmalil
03-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks meowee and akroseyfor the encouragement. It could be the frustration of this boot that is keeping my bs higher. :( I think I will feel even more confident when the stitches are removed tomorrow. then the next milestone will be taking the wire out of my 'beaudacious' slender toe in 2 more weeks.
There is no pain, just inconvenience, and exhaustion by the end of a day when I don't take a break to elevate it.
I must get ready for church..more later
Wishing a great day for all of you!

meowee
03-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the input, Kim.

Way to go, Glen. Great BS reading.

I think you'll be fine again once you are rid of the boot , stitches and wires, Lillie.

ave a good day, gang. See you later.

Josian
03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi all!

I can't believe it's Sunday.. back to work tomorrow!

I'm feeling a little better today. The metal monster dropped a few from last week, so I'm hopeful that the probiotics are working. My ears are itching-another sign of healing, so I've read. I'm not nearly as gassy, either (my fiance's nose thanks me!) :yikes:

I've modified my diet a bit as well. I've cut way back on dairy, and only having the Kefir and small amounts of cheese. I'm cutting out wheat (whole)the best I can, and have replaced it with rye, kamut, spelt, amarath, quinoa. We'll see if this helps. (had some spicy shrimp and tomato sauce over some kamut spaghetti last night, yummy!)

Well dears, thanks for the input, and I'll talk with ya'll tomorrow!

Hugs,

akrosey49
03-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone.. they are all gone now and my house is quiet.. we had such a good time..and accomplished alot..i won 300$ at bingo and split it with my girls.. young famlies are always struggling..the big b-day party was fun and hectic.. we had a snow storm that day but didnt stop us.. liitle kids every where.. my sl was 131 this am.. a bit high for me but i did have cake and ice cream yesterday..its nice to sit back and relax abit.. when i get my wind back i know i will miss them like crazy..wtg to all the loosers and low sl..i will check in tomorrow..i think i need a nap.. my hubby allready snoring away(((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

suddenly susan
03-19-2006, 10:01 PM
I have tried to look for articles or information regarding how many carbs I should be taking in each day, but have found nothing. I have type 2 diabetes. Any recommendations for info? Thank you =) I am new here by the way...:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-ard/lb/180/120/180/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

akrosey49
03-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Hello susan and welcome to our group.. im rosey from alaska.. you will get lots of support here and laughs too.. its great bunch.. one thing ive learned is everyone is diff..your body might tolerate things that mine wont.. have you taken a diabetes nutrition class? most ins pay for it and i learned alot from it.. one carb serving is 15 grms..my dr recommends 2 -3 serving s per meal.. if you read labels or have a carb counting book you can determine amounts and portions..thats what works for me.. ill bet the others in here will have other helpful advice.. its kinda trial by error till you find the right balance for you.. good luck and hope to see you in her again.. well i ceretainly was lazy today but no nap the phone kept riging and im one of those folks who cant stand not answering it..it was nice to be quiet..rosey :wave:

meowee
03-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Good Morning . . .

Nothing particularly exciting around here today. BS of 5.3 (95) this morning. A little higher than usual for me. Makes up for yesterday's 3.9 (70) which was a little lower than usual.

Here in Nova Scotia, it's sunny and cold again but it looks like the heavy snow that was being predicted is going to miss us. I certainly hope so, anyway. :D

Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better, Josian. Hope things continue on that same trend. :hug:

Your BS will probably get back down once your life settles back to normal, Rosey. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the stress/excitement of all your company. Congrats on the little bingo win. :hug:

A great, big, welcoming :hug: for you Susan. Be sure to drop in often. We love company. As Rosey mentioned, proper eating for BS contol is a very individualized thing. You should book a session with a dietician who specializes in diabetes education. For me about 150 to 180 grams of "net" carbs seems to work pretty well. Just try to keep it spread fairly evenly across the day.

Have a great day, gang. Keep a-moving and a-shaking and try to steer clear of hairy frogs and hairy lobsters (blond or otherwise). :carrot:

Dianne E
03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone, glad to see you all seem to be doing well!
I've been taking a break from the daily life of the online world while I get my studies in, I've been slacking in that department and got behind on my schedual. At least learning from home has it's advantages, you go as fast or as slow as you want to!

Sugar levels have been moderate, 110-120's of late, I'm really not to sure why they have elevated again. I know stress has its ways of helping with that and there has been some financial stress of late, maybe it's that!

Been experimenting with some simple and quick vegetable recipes for my lunches. So far my favorite is a medley blend (Cauliflower, broccoli and Carrot) with Celery(or mushroom) and Cheese sauce on top. It's so simple too, boil or steam the veggies, I buy a bag of the frozen californian medley blend(walmart) which has those 3 veggies in it, 1 cup is 20 calories and 4 carbs, I use 2 cups of those. Then take a 1/2 cup of 98-99% fat free celery or mushroom soup (70 calories and 10 carbs, also walmart brand - GV or great Value) which I make with 1/4 cup condensed soup and 1/4 cup of water, add a 1/4 cup of Kraft fat free cheddar shredded cheese (45 calories 2 carbs) until it melts, drain veggies, and pour over the sauce. Total is: 155 calories and 20 carbs. It's yummy and quite filling to..... of course last night I gave in to cheesecake sigh ahh well.
I'm still not seeing any difference to my shape, with the exception of my thighs, I wish I could get my tummy to flatten more, it's getting quite offputting. Maybe i should invest in a flexible tape measure and track my shape that way?
Weather has been very damp and rainy of late here, getting colder again to! It's been making me slide on my nightly walks with the dogs of which they are not happy about!! "Mummy" is in thier bad books I think!

Since Josian asked about the yeast infections, I to have a female area related question, which I am told is diabetically linked but I've never met another woman with the problem. Do or have any of you ladies get an issue with unexplained infected lumps in the womanly areas? So far in the past 4 years I've had 3, 2 of which have needed surgically lancing. It's very embarassing for me to have one develop and also very painful. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what caused them or if you have had them, ways to prevent them? Wish my Doc's were more helpful!

Keep up the good work m'dears, and congrats on the weight moving again meowee!!!!

-Dianne xx

Josian
03-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi all!

I had a really really low BG of 42 last night... I misjudged the amount of carbs (forgot to subtract the fiber) in my Barley & Lentil soup last night and took too much Novolog. Took me almost two hours to bring it back up to 130, I thought for a minute or two DF was going to have to take me to the hospital! EEK! I don't have any refined, quick acting sugars in my house now except for fruit...

Back on the straight and narrow today.

Diane, as for your lumps, have you been tested for HPV? I had a breakout of warts about 6 years ago, linked it back to an assault in high school (had a 5 year incubation!) This year my pap came up abnormal, so I now have to go in every 3 months for an exam. Are they wart-like? Cystic? :?: (Sorry Glen!)

I do know that diabetics are more likely to show the outward symptoms of these things because of compromised immune systems... Just a thought! Why is it that one disease exasperates others?

Alright, off my soapbox, time to get to work.

hugs,

suddenly susan
03-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome =)

Dianne, as far as your lumps, have your doctors tested them for bacteria? Many of us carry staph and other fun things around with us all the time...and since we are diabetic, we don't fight these little guys off very well. I get random cysts too, but mine are primarily around my lower abdomen and my face (chin area). So far nobody has found any strange bacteria residing in any of these infections, but they do get worse when my blood sugar is high (when your blood is syrupy it has a hard time fighting things off). I am not trying to play doctor by any means, but they are likely irritated hair follicles. It's important to keep your PH balanced (sometimes certain soaps and foods,etc can elevate our acidity) and I although I do agree you should be tested for HPV, Pap results will generally come back negative even if you do have it unless you have complications (in other words if they see signs of cancer).
I hope everybodies day is going well! :D

meowee
03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Dianne . . . Sorry, that's a new one. Little wart-like bumps yes, but not anything that hurts or needs medical attention. My only suggestion (and one that holds true for every kind of diabetes-related skin irritation) is to make sure you are using soaps and other cleansing agents that are free of perfumes and other possible irritants.

Josian . . . Get yourself some chewable glucose tablets to keep for emergencies. The glucose tablets contain a measured amount of pure glucose (usually 5 grams per tab) and are the fastest acting thing you'll find. Good old table sugar (about 4 to 5 grams of sucrose per tsp) is OK in a pinch but it doesn't act quite as fast as the glucose tablets because your body does have to convert it to glucose to use it.

akrosey49
03-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone.. i was up early this am and just veging out..am still tired..i need to run errands today but not really in the mood for that..sl was 114 this am so its coming down..ive never had any of those women type infections so cant help with any advice there.. i do use a special body wash soap made for diabetics tho and it smells wonderful..meowee thats good advice we should all have those glucose tablets on hand for emergencys.. i always carry a granola bar in my purse for just incase situtations..Diane those sound like great receipes.. im going to the store and want to try them.. even the dh would like them..no hairy frogs here today.. they would be wearing winter hats tho if i had some.. snowed again last night..gosh will spring ever get here:?: have agreat day everyone.. make good choices for yourselves(((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

Josian
03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I know, Moewee... :) I had some, but they were so old and tasted like a$$ that I tossed them about a month ago and forgot to buy more! I usually keep some in my purse, my cars, my fiance's trucks....Bad me!

About the paps, I was negative on them for 5 years before abnormal activity popped up... Uck. Reminds me, that's due soon. Grrr.....

sapphire9
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon all. It's raining here today. I love it. Just about to go out for my lunch hour walk. Slipped a little this weekend. Finally took a valium on Satuday night so I could sleep. Helped. But I'm still in a knot about the apartment situation. Decided to walk off some of my anxiety and took a nice long walk by the Bay. Undid it all by picking up takeout pasta for dinner. Bad me. Will get back on the program today.
Josian - I used to get yeast infections a lot. For a few years there I was spending a fortune on monistat 7. Then the problems just stopped. Don't know why. Hope yours go away soon.
Dianne - never had that problem with cysts. Best to have the doctor keep an eye on them.
Susan - welcome to the thread. You might want to check out the American Diabetes Association's website and as Rosey suggested, check with your health insurance to see if they cover diabetes education classes.
Well, Rosey, I knew you'd come back with bingo winnings!:carrot: Nice of you to share with your daughters. Enjoy your rest then get busy so you don't miss the kidlets so much.
Glen - good luck on your accountancy course. I stay away from numbers. Not my thing.
Meowee - Hope you get some springlike weather soon.

meowee
03-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Good Morning . . . Dull and relatively mild this morning. Seems like you can never get mild and sunny together at this time of year.

Right you are, Rosey. Glucose tablets are a good safeguard for everybody to have around and carrying a little snack in your purse is a good idea too.

Ok, Josian. If you haven't done it already . . . buy those replacement glucose tabs, today.

Sounds like that good night's sleep has done you a bunch of good, Rosetta. Things always look a little brighter when we're well rested.

Nothing exciting around here, today. Just putting one foot in front of the other and trying to do the right stuff. Have a great day, gang. :carrot:

Josian
03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Morning all!

Just a quick post today, as I have an early appointment to take the written exam for hopefully what becomes a new job!!! :)

I'm feeling better today, picked up some spelt, buckwheat, and milled flax to help stave off the wheat... I've also decided to do an herbal colon cleanse as well... Feel a bit puffy this morning, hopefully it waits until after the test! :o

Well, gotta go shower and get my morning chores done so I can hit the road.

PS Moewee, we were posting twinnies!! :) And yes, I bought some new glucose tabs yesterday!!! :P

Hugs,

Dianne E
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Well thank you for the input, I was actually diagnosed with the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in April of 2004, however the one little cyst I had that my OBGyn found turned out to be cancerous and I landed up being treated for stage III vulva cancer which had spread to my right lung. BUT, I was told HPV goes away and after the operations, lymph node removals and chemo I assumed I was all clear of this virus.. Maybe I was wrong? I don't actually have any "cysts" or itchy patches of skin that I had before, what happens usually is I'll get a small underskin bump, very tender like the kind of spot you get occasionally that just don't want to fully surface, then it infects and keeps on getting bigger if I am unlucky thus leading to rather uncomfortable sitting and maybe a lancing trip Ugh. it doesn't happen often thankfully, but I think I need to speak to my Doc about it some more in depth and maybe get tested for HPV again? I really don't want to have to go through '04/'05's situation again :(
Thanks again all, I'm going to look into it today!
Rosey it's a really good lunch or small dinner I find if you don't mind just eating steamed veggies but the cheesey sauce over it really makes a tasty topping and you can pretty much make it with any kind of fat free soup you feel the cheese will mix with, my preference just happened to be celery or mushroom. Hope you like it!
-Dianne xx

msfez
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Hello Everybody! :wave: I've been under the weather the past few days and have not been around. No doubt it's catnip poisioning. Youall sound like you've been keeping busy, frog watching and whatnot. Meowee, I've used Carbquick since I found it. I also order it from netrition. You can make loads of stuff with it. gmalil, how's the bionic foot today? So Glen, you're starting an accounting course. I admire anyone that is mathmatically inclined. Rosetta, you still having landlord trouble out there? Hello Rosie, I'll bet you're worn out. You ought to take some time to rest up after all that. Hello Josian, That's whole lot of whole grain there. I'd be driving the big white bus for sure. Dianne, those vegetables you made sure sound good. As far as my experience with yeast goes, high BS does make it worse. That thing sounds like a boil to me. I found something by accident years ago that worked for an ugly skin fold yeast problem. It was itching like crazy and I'd run out of cream. I was wondering what to put on it and came up with a vinegar/water solution. Yeast is a fungus and a fungus can not live in an acid and vinegar is an acid. I tried wipeing the offending area with a 1 to10 solution 3 or 4 times a day. Dried it right up. Stopped the itching as soon as I put it on there. Next time I got it I started using the solution and it was gone in a day or two. But I don't know if this will help you any but I wanted to tell you. Hello Kimmy and Susan, nice to meet you. Anybody seen Wheezy? Hope I havn't left anyone out. I'm going to rest up now. Tomarrow is my birthday(51) and I have to have all my strength to process all the carbs and outright sugar(Forgive me Lord) that I plan to consume. :carrot: Usually takes a couple of days to get my blood sugar straightened out. Take care of yourselves and have a nice day. Back from carb binge in a couple of days. Bye.

creations
03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Happy Birthday Mefez!
Its still cold in Michigan. No snow. Have't been watching my diet like I should. And I have dr appointment on Thursday morning. Can't remeber if he'll draw blood this time or not. Think he did in December. Does it like every other time.
Will walk around the mall this afternoon. Daughter doesn't drive and she has some shopping to do,so I'll walk.

Have a great afternoon.

Judy

suddenly susan
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I just wanted somewhere to vent. hehe My bsl before bed last nite was 130 and this morning (after yoga before breakfast) it was 161. It had been at least 12 hours since I had eaten last. grrrr
ok end rant. =)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-ard/lb/0/60/5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

sapphire9
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Howdy. I've run out of meal replacements and can't get any until tomorrow night so I broke down and got a tuna sandwich for lunch. Also wanted comfort food and the sandwich counts as that. I had my resting metabolic rate taken this morning (where they measure the calories you burn in a resting state) and was surprised to find out that I burn 1870 calories a day without doing anything. Woohoo! I really thought it would be less. But if I weighed less the calories burned would go down. So anyway, this is a start so I can plan my eating to lose weight.
Dianne - I'm so sorry about your ongoing medical problems. Talking with your doctor is a good idea.
Msfez. Happy birthday. Enjoy your binge.
Susan - I have high morning bsls. Mine have averaged between 160 and 200 lately. Wish I could get them down.

meowee
03-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Good Morning from Atlantic Canada . . . the weather is in sympathy with my mood this morning . . . we are both a little dull. :^:

Josian . . . good girl. Don't let yourself get into that 'out of glucose situation' again. I Know you know better. :hug:

Dianne . . . hang in there, kiddo. It's always best to get things tested before they get worse. :hug:

Msfez . . . :woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm going to keep your vinegar cure in mind for the next time. Hopefully, I'll never need it. Oh ya, sure. :p

Creations . . . have a good 'mall-walk' and good luck at the doctors. :hug: I get blood work this Friday and visit the doctor next Friday. Hoping for a good A1C.

Susan . . . my bet would be that your liver is sending out a shot of glucose in the middle of the night because you're going too low. As horrible as it sounds, :sorry: try waking up and testing your BS around 3 am or 4 am for a couple of nights.

Rosetta . . . you might want to try the middle of the night testing, too. Congratulations on the RMR. :hug:

Well, this morning was my official ww and I get to send another pound to 'ugly-pound-heaven'. :) On Sunday, it looked like it was going to be two, but I guess one of them just wasn't ready to make the trip 'official' yet. Oh well . . . all good things come to she who waits . . . and waits . . . and waits. :D

My BS was 3.3 (59) this morning (8 hours without eating -- any longer and I would have had a 'liver reaction', I'm sure. Although my 'hypos' usually wake me up that isn't always true). I've written myself a note to skip my bedtime insulin tomorrow night or I'll never make it to the blood clinic (have to be fasting for 12 hours before the tests).

Have a great day, gang. Keep it moving in the right direction. :carrot:

anyothername
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi! I usually don't post here but I'm having major diabetes issues right now. I'm a type one, have been for quite a while with generally good control. I've been under a lot of stress the past two days with midterms. Yesterday my blood sugar was 300+ all day even though I did three times my usual amount of insulin. No surprise I went low at night (46 and 52) and had four glucose tabs to treat each. i woke up at 160 (usually 90-120), I know high but better than I was expecting. I had one cup of coffee, and one whole grain waffle like I always do and treated with 1.5* my normal insulin scale, because I was looking at my stress from yesterday and its effects. An hour later I am 570! I know that most type twos don't go up that high, at least none of my family do. I treated with insulin, but it seems to be going up. I've made sure my insulin is good, even went to the pharmacy yesterday and got a brand new vial.

Any advice on getting this down? I have so many papers and stuff to study for, and I am doing what I'm supposed to. i made a large mug of cinnamon water. :-/ If its not down by tomorrow I'm going to the hospital, but yeah.

Thanks in advance.

Josian
03-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Creative~I know that when I was in college, I would start doubling up on my insulin a few days before exams started, because of the stress. I would end up having a few days of 300+ then they would go back down.... All I can say is make sure you are eating whole grains, lots of omega 3-6-9 (brain power!)s. If BG is WNL, and no ketones, get some excercise in too! I would run the treadmill into the ground during exams!

You can do this!!!!

...I'm having struggles of my own. Since starting the probiotics, and taking fiber/herbal laxative, I have put on another **5** pounds. I'm now at only a 12 pound loss since last July! I'm hoping that it is mostly the fiber bulking up my number 2's, but I feel fatter and bloated. My wonderful size 12s I bought in November hardly zip. :( I have been excercising, drinking water, and following my plan religiously.

oh well. I'll finish the cleanse and hopefully by next weekend, I'll be back to normal. Tomorrow we are driving to Boise for my brother in law's 30th birthday....

JZ

suddenly susan
03-22-2006, 01:23 PM
meowee ~ I never thought about that, thanks. I have cut my carbs drastically and leave it to my body to do the opposite of what it should be! hehe
creative ~ sometimes it seems like college is the worst thing for a diet! at a time when you are learning about health, it is the hardest to be healthy. grrr
I agree with Josian that you should try and get more excercise in...try walking with a buddy while going over flash cards before a test...or maybe 20 mins of yoga before bedtime or in the morning to help relax.
Josian ~ being a woman is just frustrating sometimes...our bodies just LOVE retaining anything it can wrap itself around. :( I bet you will get back to normal after the cleanse =) I always wonder too if it is possible to oversaturate ourselves with water? Sometimes after going days and days drinking LOTS of water I have to cut my intake in half for a day or so (especially during the winter or times where I am not sweating or flushing out the water as much). Just a thought.

s.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-ard/lb/0/60/6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

akrosey49
03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Morning everyone..its sunny and cold here.. the hairy frogs are hybernating under electric blankets..i have been staying quiet.. cut out strips for anew quilt yesterday..sl have been hovering around 110.. so they are coming down..i agree with all the good advice given.. stress can cause sl to go out of sight..msfez Happy Birthday to you..:hat: hope you are having a fun day..there was alot of ice cream and cake left over from our big b-day bash.. and i was soooo tempted to eat it but since both the hubby and i are trying for a wgt loss i threw it all away and dumped coffee grounds on top of it all..2 big containers of ice cream and 3/4 of a sheet cake.. what a waste but better than on my waist..we went to the store and stocked up on fresh vegies and fruit for snacking.. he wants to loose and its sure easier when he goes along with the program.. will check in later (((((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
03-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Rosey - good for you, getting rid of all the temptations. I've done that a few times before and never regretted it. Glad your hubby is joining you on your program. It will make it so much easier to stay on track.
Anyother - I'm Type 2 and have never had bsls above 300 so I don't know what you can do. Does your college have a health center? Student Health Centers often have stress management counseling that might be helpful. But definitely see a doctor if you can't get those numbers down.
Meowee - That's scary that your bsl goes down low in the middle of the night. I don't think mine does. I'll try to test it when I wake up (which is usually between 2:30 and 5), that is, if I'm not too groggy. Good luck on your lab tests.
JZ - you're probably retaining a lot of water so just hang in there and it will go away.
I go in for my official weighin and maintenance class tonight. Hope I at least weigh the same as I did last week.

meowee
03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm sooo sorry, anyothername but you are way over my level of experience. It sounds like you're on the right track thinking it is probably stress related, since you've already proven that the insulin is good, but I'm afraid my only advise is to go to the hospital now, not later. :hug: Keep us posted, we are concerned for you.

Afraid I have no other suggestions for you, either, Josian, just my best wishes that it will soon settle down and you'll lose the weight again. :hug:

I've wondered about too much water sometimes, too, Susan. I honestly think you have to be drinking it by the gallons before it can get dangerous (along the lines of medieval water torture) but I do think it is wise to mix things up with calories and exercise levels once in a while. . . so why wouldn't the same be true for water? :hug:

Good luck with your weigh-in, Rosetta . . . I've got my fingers crossed for you. :hug:

I'm really impressed with your resolve, Rosey. I have succeeded in throwing food away a few times (I've used the coffee-grounds system, too), but it is always so hard to do. My Mother trained me well. Congratulations, that qualifies as a NSV of the highest degree in my book. :hug:

Have a great evening everybody. :carrot:

Josian
03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
DF hates wasting food, so it's really difficult sometimes to get rid of the bad stuff in the house. Just this weekend actually, I bagged up a bunch of refined pasta and bad tomato sauce (has sugar, corn starch, etc) and I told DF that it will either be a care package for his brother or it goes in the trash. :) I'm not keeping that kind of crap around the house anymore!

I had a revelation today. My weight loss did not stall until I switched birth control pills a couple of months ago... I'm wondering if this has something to do with the weight gain. I talked to the nurse practioner today, who told me that the pills I was on before had a mild diuretic in them. Ah ha! I will find out more next Friday when I go in for my 3 month pap.

Hugs to all. I'm feeling a bit better since I talked to her. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out and get back on the road to weight loss again!!

hefty1
03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
my bs are normal today. iate sort of on program at breakfast and lunch. i ate at mom and dad's and we had fish with peas.
anyothername i hope you went to the hospital. a friend went into a diebetic coma and almost died because bs were to high. :) glen

Josian
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Ooops... saw the kitty cat and assumed the post was from Creative... Hope you figured out it was you anyothername! :)

Feeling better this morning. Not trying to beat myself up so much over something that I have no control over... However, I have 7 months to squeeze into my wedding dress, and need to get started now! :)

Hope everyone is doing well... Sending out vibes for a weekend of healthy eating, despite the beer and food and whatever else is around....

Hugs,

creations
03-23-2006, 12:43 PM
My bs was 124 at the drs this morning. Weight and blood pressure were up.
told him about a callus on my big toe. He looked and cut it and said it was infected. So I'm on antibiotics for the next ten days and then I go back to see him. Told me to stay off my feet as much as possible. Just want I needed . Will babysit for 14 month old granddaughter on Saturday and on Sunday they are coming here for daughterinlaws birthday dinner.

Told my husband he'll have to clean. Can do most of dinnner prep sitting down.
Judy S

akrosey49
03-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Morning :coffee: everyone..its sunny out today and melting maybe spring is around a distant corner..i tried to post several times yesterday and kept loosing them so gave up..my sl have come back to what is normal for me.. must mean im all rested up..meowee.. whats an NSV mean?? im not too puter savy..ill take the compliment tho.. thanks..i put yuckystuff on food i throw away for a reason.. as in the past i threw out some chocolate cookies still in the bag and there they sat haunting me until i couldnt stand it and needed a chocolate fix and you guessed it i took them back out and ate them..:fr: yup you heard right i did do that:o anyways now i throw yuck on the food so i wont be tempted:rofl: some people will do anything thats not illleagal or immoral for chocolate..i have finnished sewing the quilt top and am now hand quilting it.. its ababy quilt so should go fast and its fun using my new machine..creations.. am sorry for your foot.. bet its sore.. i had a sore foot during the hoilidays and but a real crimp in my activities..so can relate.. keep off it as much as you can it will heal faster..josian.. can you change your bc pills again..tape a picture of a bride dress to your fridge as a reminder of your goal.. good luck you can do it..rosetta how did the weigh in go.. good i hope.. mr ken glad your sl are down wtg..if i miss addressing anyone i apologize..they are alot of us here and im absent minded at times..but want to encourage everyone who posts here.. its great to be in this group thanks everyone((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

meowee
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Hello, gang . . . Another dull and cold (for this time of year) day here on the Atlantic coast of Canada and we got some more snow. I think it was warmer in January. :(

Josian . . . A change of pills could do it. Hope you can get them changed again and I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes knowing is half the battle. :hug:

Glen . . . Congratulations on that good BS reading. :hug: Mine are still running a little too low in the mornings -- 3.4 (61) today. I'm glad to see that our little 'girl-talk' over the last couple of days hasn't scared you off completely. :D

Creations . . . sounds like your dear hubby will be busy . . . you take care of the foot and try not to fret too much. :hug:

Rosey . . . Yep, I've 'garbage-picked' for chocolate in my time. :o NSV = Non Scale Victory and they can be just as important as the SV (Scale Victory) kind. Have fun quilting. :hug: I love machine-quilting; especially since my eyes don't like trying to hand-quilt anymore (not to mention my fingers -- they never liked it).

Have a great day, everybody. Keep doing all the right stuff. :carrot:

Dianne E
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Good lord I need some serious help here... My body has gone into some sort of food craving mode. I'm seriously feeling like a druggy with the munchies and whats worse is I gave into it. But I'm literally climbing the wall, pacing around just looking for an excuse to eat something! Did I do something to trigger this???!!!!! it needs to stop before I undo all that I have lost in the last couple of months :(
Any ideas?
-Dianne xx

suddenly susan
03-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Dianne~ I get that way a lot :( Some days I have to force feed myself and other days I am searching every nook and cranny for foods to pack into my calorie restrictions...How's your sugar? Maybe you are lacking a particular vitamin or something I dunno I am not much help :( How about if I give you a hug and tell you to just fight the craving off? hehe :hug:

Man oh man...I finally got my sugar below 120 for the first time in forever...I went running and felt so wierd when I was done...my sugar had dropped to 109. It's sad that my body is SO used to having sky high BSL that moderate above normal feels TERRIBLE! I am heading to San Francisco tomorrow for four days...good thing the girl I am going with is an avid 3FC member too, but man, wish us LUCK in eating well and staying on the go! In case I don't post again until next week, may everbody have a WONDERFUL weekend!

s.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-ard/lb/0/60/6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

meowee
03-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey . . . the sun is out . . . and that always makes me feel better . . . although I've twisted a muscle in the back of my right knee or something . . . it is really sore and there seems to be a little hard lump back there.

I skipped my bedtime insulin last night because I had to get blood work done this morning and I'm so low most mornings I knew I'd never get to the lab and back without going well below 3 (50'ish). So I was 6.8 (122) this morning before I went out. Didn't check my BS when I got home again but I was beginning to feel a little 'jittery'. Some things you just don't want to know. ;) So I just had my breakfast and came upstairs to check in on 3FC.

Dianne . . . When I get like that I try to stay as far away from the kitchen as possible and I drink water, water, water until I slosh when I walk. Helps me keep the gorge-:devil: at bay (most of the time, anyway).

Susan . . . That is very likely. Our systems get used to maintaining the 'status-quo' even when it isn't particularly good for us. Rest assured that after a few days of keeping it lower than 120, you'll discover that you feel much better because your body will have accepted a new 'status-quo'.

Have a good day, gang. I'll be back later. :carrot:

Dianne E
03-24-2006, 12:53 PM
So you get it to? I'm not just some strange freak!?! lol Well I feel better, it's been going on for a couple of days and I have been incredibly weak willed about it to. I'll try the water approach and see how it goes.

Actually I have no clue how my BS has been the last week I just didn't have enough to buy my own and hubby's test strips after bills and rent went out, I'll get some this week once the pay check is in.

On an up-note I managed to get my Batchelors in Theology finally and my approval for Ordination came through, I am now officially a Reverend! Now to undertake both my Masters in Theology and Divinity, that should consume a good few more years of my life LOL, I may actually accomplish it before I hit retirement /grin

I started my day being good with my 2 usual slices of Double Fiber, No-Sugar-Added healthline dry toast, I'm full of good intentions so far, bottles of water on the stand by, and swallowed a couple of multi-vitamin tabs with added Omega3! wish me luck!

Keep up the good work all *huggles*

-Dianne xx

meowee
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Lots and lots of water, Dianne. When you have to go at least once an hour, you'll be getting close to the right amount for food-:devil:-bashing. Congratulations on your recent educational success.

sapphire9
03-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, all. Glen, glad your bsl has come down. Dianne - congratulations on your degree. You'll get your further degrees in no time. As for the food urges, I have them too and am trying to fight them off right now. We discussed emotional eating in my weight maintenance class this week. There is no cure for it. Try to analyze your emotions, take a few deep breaths and consume water. Maybe try eating something healthy like apples or carrots to give you some mouth satisfaction.
Susan - I live in San Francisco. There are plenty of opportunities for healthful eating if you avoid the junk food tourist traps. And lots of good walking! You might want to bring an umbrella since it's raining today and supposed to rain tomorrow too. Enjoy your stay.
Meowee. Hope your tests went well. I hate it when I have to fast because I can't eat late at night like I'm used to and of course I start craving food. Put a little heat on that knee to relax the muscle.
Well, I was up a lb at the official weigh-in. Am having difficulty getting back on program. It's all the anxiety I'm experiencing. Afraid to take valium because although it helps calm me, it also makes me want to eat.
Have a nice weekend all.

meowee
03-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Hello all . . . nothing exciting around here. The sun is shining now, although it was pretty foggy earlier. The knee is still sore and since I have to go out for a few groceries, it will probably be worse later on.

Have a great weekend. Here's some :dust: to help us along. I know I'll need it.

akrosey49
03-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Morning everyone..i thought spring had come as every thing was melting yesterday and got up this am to more snow:( ..i am going shopping today with my daughter..lunch and afternoon bingo.. a girls day out..hope im a winner..ill let you all know when i get back..meowee take care of that knee..seems at my age something is always hurting..i just take advil and go anyways:dizzy: have agreat day everyone.. make good choices for your self..(((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

akrosey49
03-26-2006, 02:29 PM
morning everyone..cant beleave im the only one here this am..i had a really nice time yesterday but didnt win at bingo..enjoyed my dd company and i also got myself a flat screen mointer for my puter and she installed it for me..lunch was nice .. i had a french dip sandwich and a salad..my sl were 110 this am..i had zero pt soup for supper..its a ww recipe and made with v8 juice and lots of vegies..its cloudy and cold this am..am planning on being lazy today..hope you all had a fun weekend too((((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

gmalil
03-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Just stopping in to say Hi.
Not much going on, still dragging around this 4 or 5 lb boot that I have to wear, makes me mindful of the other extrra weight iI have with me all of the time. :(
I hope I can get back on the exercise bike soon, probably in a week or 2.
My fasting BS are still up and down.
We took the in-laws to Johnny Carino's for lunch today for their anniversary, I had seafood fettucinni and only ate half, so I felt pretty good about that. I didn't even ask for a third basket of bread! And when I went to WAL mart, I walked right past the marshmalow Cheeps without adding them to my basket!
WOW! did i feel superior!!
Diane, Congrats on your degree! do you have plans in the works for ordination?
Josian, When is your wedding planned for? I think it was you that was coming to Boise, were you here for the big storm yesterday??? It was a biggy, lots of rain and wind. the buttes behind my house are covered with snow again this morning! I'm 35 miles from Boise.
AKROSEY too bad you didn't win the bucks and Bingo but am sure it was a fun girls day out with DD.
I went to a Red Hat luncheon yesteray with some other ladies from our Auxiliary group, and had a nice time. Lunch was all salads, but am sure I over did anyhow. although, I didn't overdo with my other 2 meals, so wasn't too bad.

Keep on keeping on, sounds like most are doing well!

Dianne E
03-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks Gmali, I do indeed have plans in mind for when all the paperwork is fully ironed out. I am going to be avaliable for spiritual advise for prison inmates and the local elderly who are unable to attend church as they would like. A slightly different course for me regarding the inmates as I used to be for a while, a prison guard back in england. I will also be helping with local churches in fundraising and other efforts as well as being avaliable for other clergy needs as required. I am not considering my own church ministry currently but who knows what opportunities lay in the future. I am however an archaeologist by true career path and have been recently looking into combining both by way of doing research into biblical archaeology, a mix of two things that considerably interest me! That however is still a way off as right now I am in limbo regarding my immigration status still in the US, ahh red-tape, got to love it >.<

So far so good on controlling the binges, the water is certainly helping! However I feel like a water balloon right now lol. I know I damaged my weight loss this last week, back to celery sticks for a while! BS is high right now 140-180s, got to work on getting those back down again, such a daunting and tedious task on a daily basis to deal with these problems, I really don't wish these issues on anyone.
Sorry to hear your knee is not so good meowee, take care of it lady, I want to hear you can run a marathon again here shortly!

Take care ladies, I'm going to settle into my recliner on this cold night and work a little more on this slow going cross stich of mine!

*hugs to all*
-Dianne xx

Josian
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi all!

Back from Idaho, had a great time! Too bad I couldn't follow any diet rules, my BGs are too embarassing to post, but I will be back on track tomorrow with another monster dose of insulin tonight!

hi Lillie!!! And yes, that storm was brutal. We were all set to start BBQ'n when the rain and hail hit! Luckily it didn't last too long and the party was able to go off without a hitch. My SIL lives in Star-they just moved out there to a beautiful new place. We are looking to head up to that area in the next couple years, after the wedding (Nov 11) and we have a few things to do on our house to get it ready to sell. I want property for my critters!

Won't stick around long. Need to finish unpacking and get ready for my Sunday night shows. :)

Hugs,

RebaR
03-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello ,

I've been out of pocket since Wednesday when a friend and I left to go camping...

We got in this afternoon... just in time to unload and put stuff up.... get a shower etc and then head to church. We started revival today and I had nursery tonight... rocked and held a 2 month old and a 2 year old.... the two year old fell asleep in my lap....

we had a fantastic trip... lots of hiking in.... it was chilly we stayed in layers most of the time... and would take them off as we hiked... in all we got in 14 hours of hiking!!! Woohoo!!! we even got in a 4+ mile hike one day- our first one that long at once.... it was awesome- we saw 4 waterfalls, crocus in the middle of the woods, wild violets, red buds blooming, dogwoods blooming.... we had ducks and geese at our campsite, a squirrel almost ate from my hand this morning... we had a campfire every night and curled up under the electric blanket when we went to bed... it was in the low 30's at night... but we were snug as bugs in a rug... we actually slept 10 or so hours each night....

food wise... we did ok... not perfect on the exchanges, but not bad... we did have marshmellows and s'mores with the campfires.... but my blood sugar has been normal... between 85 and 100 when I checked it...

I normally weigh on Sunday mornings at church (we have doctor scales there) and since I wasn't there this morning, I haven't weighed in....

Reba

BBWonwheels
03-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi all! I been away for Awhile now im back. Well im doing good on my diet but it was that time of the month and i still got the water gain. I being going to the bathroom alot after my visitor leaves. Well i still havent went to a dietian yet cuz they keep rescheduling my appointments and im about to go crazy....lol cuz all i eat is green salad, baked chicken stripes, or chicken sandwiches on wheat bread, chicken wraps, chicken salad, hamburgers on wheat bread, special k or oatmeal for breakfast or special k for breakfast and lunch, green beans, apples and oranges. That is my menu for everyday. my breakfast, lunch,snack and dinner everyday and im so tired of eatting that.....lol but i dunno wat can i eat tho. Sometimes i might eat whole grain pasta with cheese but thats it. lastnight i ate 1 little piece of chocolate cake cuz i havent had none in a while. i ate it with my dinner, was that ok or not?

gmalil
03-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Gracious Diane! You DO have big plans! good for you! It all sounds very worthwhile and exciting! Good luck with your immigration status. I understand that can be quite hassle.:dizzy:
Reba, sounds like a wonderful camping trip. :) You are using Byetta, aren't you? how did you handle that, keeping it cold and all? I worry about traveling with it...although I know it is done all the time.
BBW, having the cake depnds on what else you have eaten and what your BS is etc. etc. Sounds to me like you need to get some more veggies in your diet. (I need them too) :o
Josian so glad the storm didn't ruin the party. :) Brutal is the word for it , indeed!

Catch u later!

Josian
03-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi ladies!

Back again this morning. BGs still a little high, so I'm going to wait until tonight to walk my Husky. I just blew it this weekend and its taking me a bit to get back on the straight and narrow.

I have my appointment for the girl stuff on Friday, so hopefully we can nip this weight gain in the butt!

hugs to you all! great choices and good vibes going out to everyone!!!

meowee
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi everybody . . . sunny and relatively mild again today . . . sorry I missed talking to you yesterday . . . it just kind of sneaked by me. :D

Rosey . . . I call that "sanity soup" because it helps keep you going on some of those bad days. Sorry you didn't have another bingo win. ;)

Lillie . . . that was great shopping, lady . . . very impressive. :hug:

Dianne . . . Biblical Archaeology sounds like an absolutely fascinating goal and your interim plans sound great too. :D

Josian . . . glad you had a good trip and I'm sure your BS will be back to normal in no time. :hug:

Reba . . . we missed you but glad you had fun . . . talk about great exercise. :) Watch out for those squirrels; they can bite. :p

BBW . . . welcome back, girl. I was worried about you. Too bad your appointment keeps getting changed, but, all things considered, your eating sounds pretty good. :hug:

Embarassed to admit, but I had a minor melt-down this morning. Had a serious and totally unexplained hypo in the middle of the night. BS of 2.7 (48) in spite of having had a good snack at bedtime. So I had a little bite to bring it back up and then I just kept on eating. Long story short . . . by 4 am I had consumed half my calories for the day. :o Oh well, stuff happens. :dizzy: Just had a nice bowl of 'sanity soup' for lunch with a small serving of kidney beans to give me a little carb and protein.

Talk to you later, gang. Keep on doing the right stuff and have a great day. :carrot:

BBWonwheels
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I ate a salad, 3 chicken strips and whole wheat toast with a lil piece of chocolate cake yesterday. I dont check my bs, should I? The doctor never told me i should.

akrosey49
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Morning everyone..:coffee2: i had a great night of sleep so am feeling fine this am..sometimes i just dont sleep well..think it goes with the age and then im tired and draggy during the day but not today :dancer: ..my sl was 126 this am..it must have been the chocolate chip cookies i ate before bed:?: not a good choice i know but there they were and i just couldnt resist..bbw.. yes u should check your sl before you eat and then 2 hrs after you eat so you know what foods make your sl go higher.. after awhile you get an idea what works for you and then you can test less frequently..a small piece of cake is ok just not every day..meowee im sick of "sanity soup" right now but yes it does help.. the dh cooked supper last night.. we had marinated moose steak cooked in the george foreman.. it tasted good but was so tough it was like chewing on an old boot:rofl:..game meat is suppose to be lower in fat and calories and since my dh hunts we have lots of game meat..i told him we should slow cook the steaks ( from past experiments gone wrong) but he likes to mess in the kitchen once in awhile and im all for that..hello and (((((hugs)))) for all..have agreat day everyone..rosey :wave:

RebaR
03-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey y'all, :hug:

Hope you are all having a great day!:flow2: The sun is shining here in south Alabama... it was the first day back to school after spring break :dizzy: but the kids did great. I'll be heading out to church for revival this evening....

gmalil- I do use Byetta. I use a stanless thermos with a few ice cubes in it when traveling... it holds the ice for a long time and is easily replaced. If in a restaurant you can always get ice from your drink... of course with camping, we had a cooler with us too...

meowee & akrosey what is "sanity soup"?? :chef:

Reba

meowee
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Basically, 'Sanity Soup' is any broth-based soup containing nothing but lots and lots of 'free' (very low calorie/lowcarb) vegetables. It helps to keep you 'sane' :dizzy: when you absolutely need something that is both warm and amazingly filling for what it is (about 25 to 35 calories a cup, depending on the veggies you use). I almost always have some in the refrigerator.

My favourite . . .

- 4 cups of tomato or v-8 juice
- 8 cups water
- 2 or 3 pkgs of beef broth powder
- 6 cups of vegetables - - - always onions and celery, plus green beans, yellow beans, cabbage, spinach, carrots or almost anything you happen to have lying around (just stay away from things like peas, corn, potatoes and winter squash)
- about 1 tsp each of basil, oregano, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce
- throw in a couple of bay leaves and a pinch of pepper (probably won't need any salt because of the juice and beef broth powder)

Simmer gently for an hour or two. Makes lots (about 16 to 18 cups).

You can turn it into a meal by adding 1/2 cup of starch (pasta, rice, potatoes) and 1/2 cup of protein (chopped beef or chicken, or lentils or beans) per serving of two cups of the soup.

Now . . . aren't you sorry you asked. :D

RebaR
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
nope... not sorry I asked..;) . though it sounds like a soup I sometime make called "Skinny Soup" :D

Reba

Josian
03-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Your Sanity Soup sounds great! :) My grandmother broke her ankle really bad about 20 years ago, and my grandfather wasn't much of a cook: he did make "Hamburger Soup" for about 2 months straight until g'ma was back on her feet... basically the same thing as your sanity soup except with potatoes, and well, hamburger! I think grandma was about ready to go insane!! :)

I have a roasted veggie soup that I make about once a week: I take tomatoes, turnips, leeks, and garlic, and roast them in the oven with some olive oil. I take the mater skins off, then cook everything down in some broth/water for 10 minutes. Then you just puree (I have an old immersion blender I use) and it comes out looking like baby food... but oh so good! :) I usually sprinkle a bit of parmesan on it too! :) It's definitely a winter staple for me!

Speaking of winter, it might finally be going away! :) It was 65 today and beautiful... windy and nasty tonight, but hey... I was outside in just a tshirt for awhile!

Well, feeling better tonight, BG is near normal. That's always a good thing!

Off to spend the evening with my sweetie! Take care!

nosugarmomma
03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Well it has been awaile since I have posted. But things are going good so far. I will have my computer back thurs. So I can keep up more often I quit weight watchers and am trying this on my own...:fr: Hope I can... Well thurs. I will be back and let ya all know how things are....:carrot: :wave:

Josian
03-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Mornin' all!

Nosugar, IMHO WW is a crock. Especially for those of us with special needs, survivors of eating disorders, or have just been struggling with weight issues all their life (like me!). I think having to weigh myself in front of strangers every week, then have to explain why the scale is up 1/2 pound would drive me to purge... blah. Plus the points, lowfat/high carb... heheh. I'll get off my soap box before I fall off it! :)

It took me a long time to realize that I am the only one responsible for what goes in my mouth. If I really want that ice cream, I ask myself a few questions first: Is it worth the high BG? This is going straight to your hips! AND right now, its "one day later that my wedding dress will fit." I can usually talk myself out of it. This weekend, well, 3 days with my SIL is enough to break anyones willpower. I did great at the party until they broke out the cake... I had already demolished a couple glasses of red vino, so I gave in to temptation...

Well dears, off to a busy day.

Hugs,

meowee
03-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Yep, Rebar . . . it doesn't matter what you call it . . . it can be a lifesaver sometimes. ;)

Josian . . . I love hamburger soup. Actually your 'roasted veggie' soup reminds me of something I call "Kream of Veggie" soup. Basically no fat and no milk . . . just broth, onions and a vegetable (great with broccoli or cauliflower) cooked up and pureed. :D

Sugar . . . Personally I think the support you get here at 3FC is just as good and definitely cheaper than WW . . . but I know some people swear by the group approach. Whatever is going to work best for you is all that really matters. :hug:

Well, my yesterday finished up a lot better than it started out. This is the last day of my week and the totals for the week are looking OK. Of course, tomorrow morning I'll get Mr. Scale's official opinion on what kind of week I had. :^:

Almost smells like Spring outside today. Sunny, windy, and fairly mild. In Nova Scotia, however, it never pays to get too excited before mid-April. :D

Have a great day, gang. Keep doing the right things and you'll keep moving in the right direction. :carrot:

Josian
03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry I was a little rough on WW... I've just heard and experienced horror with the program.... I know that if I post my menus, it helps me stay on the straight and narrow... I post mine here over on the Easter Dress Challenge in the low carb area.... I follow a lower carb/food combining plan. :goodvibes GOOD luck and we're here for you, even if you just need to vege!

meowee
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Another nice sunny day in Atlantic Canada . . . I love it. :cool: Another ugly pound has left my body as of this morning's weigh-in . . . I love it, too. :cool: This is defintely not the quickest weight loss race in the history of woman-kind, but we all remember how the tortoise finished. :yes:

See you soon, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the right direction . . . downward. ;)

Josian
03-29-2006, 01:46 PM
yay Meowee!
Slow and steady wins the race... alas, why my ticker has a snail! :snail: :) I too, am rid of another evil pound this morning! yay!

Bg was 111, good numbers for me. I finally got rid of all the bad stuff from this past weekend and staying good.

Talked to my local bridesmaid this morning, she's having money problems and can't order a dress right now. Told her that we have until June to order, so no worries and I'll help out as much as I can. Kinda bumming.

Well, I gotta drive across state for my biweekly visit to that store...

akrosey49
03-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Morning everyone..its so pretty here today.sunny and spring like..im going out to lunch with girlfriends today..an old friend who now lives in alabama is here visiting and we all want to catch up on each others lives..i had another terrible night of sleep and feel draggy again today:?: do any of you take meds for colesteral like zocor and do you have any symptoms like aching all over..this has been a problem for me for a long time now.. and i just read an article about this subject and all the symptoms fit me..wondered if it was just me or others too..i ache all over joints and muscles.. they suggested taking coQ10..does anyone know about this supliment?? anyways will talk to my dr about it at next visit..meowee congrats on the loss:carrot: even 1 # is awsome wtg..have agreat day evryone.. make good choices for your selves ((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Good Morning. I'm holding steady. Would like to lose more but maintaining is good for now. Still stressed out about the apartment situation. All of you who own your own homes count your blessings. Not much going on at work so I'm bored. That's dangerous territory for eating.
Meowee - congratulations on the lb gone. More will follow that one.
Rosey - I take Zocor but don't have any of those symptoms. You should talk with your doctor. Maybe he can switch drugs. Have a nice luncheon.

meowee
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Hello again, gang . . . glad to see you. It's been kind of quiet all over 3FC (at least where I go) today. Maybe everyone is enjoying the good weather and shaking off some of the cabin-fever-cobwebs.

Yay, Josian . . . we will 'pound' those :devil:'s into submission, one at a time.

I take medication for cholesterol, Rosey, but not Zocor. I ache all over some days but mostly I think I have what they call 'frozen shoulder'. Thank goodness for bras that do up in the front or I'd have to go around a little too 'au naturel' to suit my tastes. :o

Oh, Rosetta . . . boredom is so bad, especially when you're a bit stressed to begin with. Hang in there. :hug:

Here's some :dust: to help us through the evening. I know I need some, I have visions of :chockiss: dancing in my head.

Josian
03-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi all!

Just wanted to do an evening check in. I'm out in the middle of Nevada, staying overnight so I can hit my store in the morning... Luckily, I only have to do this every two weeks. I really get the munchies and the urge for a cigarette on the 6 hour drive... *Isn't that weird? I quit smoking 4 1/2 years ago, but long drives give me the urge...* I chew lots of gum and usually have a cooler of veggies. Didn't today, ran out of money this week.

Ate well on the road tonight...woohoo! I'm bound and determined to use the weight room in the morning, brought my tennis shoes and everything!!!!

Hugs to all!

gmalil
03-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Rosey, that coQ10 sounds like quite a 'do-all' drug! i just checked it out on;
http://www.good4all.net/coq10.htm
Josian, sounds like youare well prepared. I know that is a big part of being successful in this battle of the bulge. :(
I kind of have the blahs today, I got word that mother is failing quickly. If I was still in CA I could be there with her, but being up here, requires more planning.:dizzy:
The weather is not helping my blahs! I can see the fog rolling in across the field as I type! Hmm Maybe it is a sign thatI need to stay right here!;)
I don't understand how this can all effect the bs. it is up again, and I figure it is from the stress.
grumble grumble grumble!

ttfn
Lil

meowee
03-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Good Morning . . . another mild, sunny day . . . even my BS likes it. ;) A nice even 5 (90) this morning. Wish it could just sort of glue itself there. :^:

Josian . . . I have the greatest admiration for your ability to keep things in control when you are on the road so much. It would be so easy to just say the "he...doublehockeysticks" with it all.

Lillie . . . thanks for the interesting link. You are definitely right; it's the stress. Hang in there girl.

Have a great day, gang. Keep doing all the right stuff and the rewards will surely follow. :carrot:

Josian
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning!

Thanks Meowee. It can be especially hard when the hotel I always stay at has :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: by the front desk when I check in. I haven't been tempted for awhile, but sometimes when I'm really tired I just reach for them... GRRR. Now I glare at them like I do my bathroom scale!

I went to the weight room at 6. The only thing open was the stairmaster... I did about 7 minutes of the fat burning cycle and decided that was it. I'm in poor shape, and that only confirmed it!

Well, I should get cracking. The day is starting without me!

creations
03-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Good Morning.
Down 2 lbs after a couple of weeks of gining. Back to the basics. Water,veggies and fruit.

BS was 113 this morning.

Have made the veggie soup in the past doesn't last long around here.

Everyone have a great day.

Judy

akrosey49
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Morning everyone:coffee:another nice day here..lunch out was ok..a bit strained..i guess when you only see a friend every couple of years each of your interests change..i slept like someone clunked me in the head till about 2 am and then couldnt get comfortable again:?: finnally got up and took some advil and was better after that..nothing planned for today am going to take it easy..gmalil thankyou for the web address i will check it out..sry about your mom.. i know its hard when your not right there..my moms in minnesota and im here in alaska:( so can relate as she has had some health troubles and i couldnt help..josian wtg on the stair stepper.. we have one and i cant do it..i wouldnt have been able to resist the cookies either..morning meowee.. and hello to all i have missed.. have agreat day making good choices for ourselves(((((hugs)))) rosey :wave:

Josian
03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Wow.. hard to believe it's the last day of March already!

I had an arguement with Chester Cheetah yesterday, and I won. :) about darn time! Will post more this evening, as I have a doctor appointment early.

Hugs,

meowee
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi everybody . . . Just got back from the doctor. Everything is fine and dandy.

Then I decided to finish off the morning with a pig-out on ice cream (no-sugar-added variety, at least) and five (count 'em, I said 5) carrot muffins. I really don't feel bad about it (well, not toooooo bad) since it is the first time in three months I've really had a meal I was too ashamed to record anywhere. :o

Not only is tomorrow another day . . . it's another month . . . I promise I'll get right back up into my 'good-girl' saddle and yell a rousing 'giddy-up'. :D

Have a great day, gang. Keep moving and shaking :carrot: and I'll see you all tomorrow.

akrosey49
03-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Morning everyone..yesterday must have been my bad "pig out" day as i ate a whole bag of dove chocolate:?: :mad: :?: ..not all at once but couple a pieces at a time...ugh.. i was so disgusted with myself..my sl showed it too this am 148.. hasnt been that high in awhile.. so now that the chocolate is gone i can get back on track..meowee im in the same boat and can relate as i have done the same..i suppose the best thing is not to bring it home in the first place..no will power where chocolate is concerned for me anyways..hope you all are making better choices for your selves than i did yesterday but as mewowee said today is anew beginning..every day is anew beginning..so heres to better choices (((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

sapphire9
03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
We must have caught the pigout zeitgeist yesterday. I overdid it too. A sandwich for lunch, a bagel & cream cheese for dinner along with a chicken ceaser salad with lots of dressing. O well, Scarletts, today is another day and I'm determined to be good. Rosey - can you buy small bars of good chocolat - like just one at a time and keep it for emergency chocolate cravings? You shouldn't deprive yourself completely, just somehow be able to avoid a binge. There's a local chocolate maker in the Bay Area, Scharffenberger, that makes small 150-calorie bars of semi-sweet chocolate. I buy those once in awhile knowing that my calories are limited. Meowee - you mentioned that you had frozen shoulder. I have a similar problem - it's called impingement syndrome which makes it difficult for me to move in certain positions. While I can fasten my bra, I can't adjust it on the right side so it gets caught in the "rolls." (Best get rid of the rolls).
At the official weigh-in Wednesday night I had lost the lb I had gained the previous week. So I'm doing okay.
We are having record rain here this month. Hope it continues. (I know, I'm wierd). Happy weekend all.

Josian
03-31-2006, 07:48 PM
My pig fest was today... I had a low, and scarfed out on anything I could get my mouth on... My stomach hurts as well as other parts because of my 3 month pap.... Misery loves company! :(

meowee
04-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Good Morning . . . once again, the sun has risen in the east . . . and here is the link to our April thread . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1198165#post1198165

suddenly susan
04-03-2006, 03:12 AM
sooooooo,...I am back from San Francisco. Actually, I have been back a week...but I managed to gain 5 lbs in three days while I was there. Too many carbs I think...whenever I go to SF all I eat is veggies, tofu and rice or noodles prepared in every asian way possible. But I eat a LOT of it. Not only did I fall off the band wagon last weekend...but this week has been disasterous. Not to mention I went on a couple (foiled) dates and a friend of mine passed away friday nite. Tomorrow starts a new week and here's to that! I guess since we don't get do-overs, all I can do is pray that things are better from here forward, right? Here's to pushing myself forward once again:D
Hope everybody has had a fantastic week :carrot:

.susan.

meowee
04-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Susan . . . please check the post just above yours . . . we've moved to a new April thread. Look forward to seeing you over there.

And I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having a bit of a down time. Hopefully it will pass quickly.