Weight Loss Support - Floundering and Grasping at Straws

srmb60
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Yup, I'm limping along lately. Having trouble pulling myself out of vacation mode and buckling down. In a hunt for inspiration, I finally flipped my Oxygen calender to March. The perky brunette with fabulous abs wants me to remember three things .... lift heavy, eat clean and change up my exercise routine. Hmmm.

lucky
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I am also struggling to pull myself out of vacation mode...AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ON VACATION! But, I think the perky brunette might be on to something. We should probably listen to her!

x0xmelissax0x
03-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm a perky brunette! Sadly... I don't have fabulous abs... yet!

JustJuneBug
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
its a good thing i didnt see that. today sucks. im tired and listless and i still have 4 hours of damn English tonight.

cinnamonspice
03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree JuneBug...Today sucks....BAD

maegdaeien
03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I got up today and made myself The Biggest Breakfast in the History of the World, so the perky brunette probably would have made me want to punch the wall. Which would hurt, a lot. I wonder why we're all so blah today?!

Sassy-Sarah
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
A breakfast isn't always so bad though. If you cut the fat off your bacon, grill your sausages, poach your egg and have some nice tomatoes and mushrooms with it all then its actually quite a healthy meal! I like to have a breakfast as my evening meal sometimes - its a delicious treat!

srmb60
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Maybe it's a cosmic event, this day. Universal star collisions that make earthlings blah ... or something. I did actually do 30 minutes of Susan's fumbling dance aerobics. Maybe things are looking up.
Thanks you guys ... your posts made me smile.

busker
03-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I second the "blah" day. Maybe it's the big weather front coming through. Or, coming here every day to see the perky brunette smiling and jogging out of the Dr. Soy advertisement off to the right side of the screen... Or the fact that it's already March, all my friends are in Rio or Switzerland, and I'm stuck at my desk doing the daily mundane grind because all my money is tied up in school... :(

--Janis <--feels like she's been in school forever. Wait, no... only since she was 3 years old. (30 now)

blues4miles
03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, something is in the air...I too am tired of the 40hr grind and the classes I thought I'd be done taking at this point in my life. I think the last couple days have been constant lessons in Murphy's Law...maybe that perky brunette will inspire me...inspire me to do my kickboxing tonight so I can... :lol: Hang in there ladies!

midwife
03-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Blah day here too. Tired and irritable. But I am getting my water in and I will go to kick cardio if I feel like it or not.

readyfreddy
03-02-2006, 08:27 PM
blah blah blah day. :?: im hungry. i have a headache. i want some comfort food. and even if i stick to my cals for the rest of the day- im over where i wanted to be. bleck.

dalai_lala
03-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Spring fever maybe? Hugs all around, I hope everyone feels much better tomorrow!

:hug: one for you, :hug: one for you, :hug: one for you, :hug: one for you.... and so on.

Since it's so late, let's just say: Happy Friday! :carrot: (How great is that!)

-Lala

chick_in_the_hat
03-02-2006, 09:38 PM
We all need some cheese to go with our whine.... :lol3:

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow!!! TGI(will be)F!!!!

tsots
03-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I will third the vacation mode. I've been struggling lately to stay on plan. I felt like eating everything that is in sight. I've been avoiding this site as well. I felt like big fat failure after reading so many great stuff. So, hopefully I can break the vacation mode thing as well. Its good to see you back here SUSANB

kierr
03-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Wow, everyone I have talked to the last couple days has felt blah too! It must be a cosmic shift or something. :) I have had to force myself to exercise the last couple days, feeling tired and blah! I was pretty irritable yesterday too. I wonder what is going on!? :)

Less of Lena
03-02-2006, 11:17 PM
((glances at clock))

You mean it's *still* not Friday yet? ((groan)) Soon, dear, soon...

busker
03-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Well, I kicked myself in the butt and went to the gym after all tonight, fully intending to slack off and just putter... but once I got going, I got going. I had fun, and apparently being "lazy" and skipping yesterday was for the better. Everything seemed a ton easier today, with the rest & recovery. I also scheduled a 1hr sports massage on Tuesday. :)

But it's amazing... I just feel so much better (mentally) after going to the gym, even though I didn't want to. I really didn't think it would do anything for me or my mood, but figured even if I sat in the hot tub the whole time, it would keep me in the habit of GOING to the gym, even if I didn't work out.

Good luck tomorrow - TGIF! :carrot:

--Janis

Misti in Seattle
03-03-2006, 01:15 AM
We all need some cheese to go with our whine.... :lol3:

LOL I love it!

srmb60
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Ah Gina ... you make my day!
The sun is shining today. I have errands to run .... grocery shopping! I love that!
There's been another cosmic shift gals and it's to the better!

JustJuneBug
03-03-2006, 08:34 AM
i couldnt agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!!! i just tried on those same jeans from last friday and i didnt have to lay down to zip and button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay yay yay!!

srmb60
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I got stuck in the driveway in #1 son's bald tired truck and I forgot cottage cheese ... but it's still good.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Ok I am late with my crapy day...lol
My @$#%^## car would not start this morrin....I am going out to eat lunch much later that I normaly do grrrrrrrrr....I want to try what you did June no salt<<<<is that right you gave up salt for a week...I have a freind at work that is giveing up chocolate for Lint I was thinking about doing it with the salt do you think I can make it...and yea I know I got a late start on it..It just hit me......lol

icmethinner
03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey no fair - you all talked about how suckish yesterday was without me!! I spent the whole day by myself thinking I was the only one who thought yesterday was yucky!!

srmb60
03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh! icmwthinner! You should know by now that the worse your day the more times you come here! That's what we're here for lovey!

ZedAus
03-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Well ladies, it certainly wasn't related to your weather. Cos over here, on the other side of the world, lots of people were in a 'funk' on Thursday. In fact, for a few days people were feeling generally just 'yuck'. We all thought it was just because things have finally been warming up after our coolest summer (ours officially goes from Dec 1 to Feb 28/29) in MANY years. But maybe it was something cosmic after all.

I felt MUCH better Friday, but generally do seeing as it is easier to get through ONE day to reach the weekend. We have a long weekend this weekend, which just makes it even BETTER.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Take care,:hug:

Zelma