LA Weight Loss - Fat free ruffles/doritos/tostitos

View Full Version : Fat free ruffles/doritos/tostitos

loseitlaura
03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Do you think a serving of these these are permissable on the plan as a starch? The sodium content isn't that high, I don't think.

marbear
03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Nope...if it isn't in the booklet you have to ask. I guarantee they'd say no.

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 03:02 PM
on maintennace...

rad7775
03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I believe that they are gonna said no. They are gonna tell you to buy the cheese curls.

marbear
03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Try to focus on what you can have and work around that instead of trying to find loopholes. You're gonna wear yourself out! Have you thought about baking a tortilla in the oven (I do it) or baking pita chips?

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Mary is a kitchen expert, listen to her:) Even better, you can make your own potato chips by slicing very thin and baking...they are WAY BETTER and OP!

marbear
03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
ooh...katie's oven fries!

even better...katie's oven fries with 2 oz shredded lf cheddar, green onions, and 1 TBSP ff sour cream...

now y'all quit making me HUNGRY!

juliemarie
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Besides-the olestra will make you spend the evening in the bathroom . . . I know this;)

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I second that Juliemarie!

loseitlaura
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm not trying to find loopholes, I was just curious because I saw some at my mother's house the other day. Since they are new I thought maybe they just weren't listed on the plan yet. Geez.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
ok, you guys are making me hungry and my poor oven fries turned out horrible - I will have to try this again sometime - how do you guys slice them?

marbear
03-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Then ask your counselors, Laura. How are we supposed to know if it is a new unlisted item?

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 05:39 PM
There arent any "new" choices that I know of...

Boo'sMom
03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Laura--it was a great question. I would much rather ask stuff here than at the center--especially if it's iffy. Usually everyone around here is pretty understanding and there are no "dumb" questions (really sound like a teacher huh?) Anyway, I'm sure you are not the first or last to wonder. Plus, by asking here you may come across someone who has already checked it out with their center.

mrsbeanie
03-02-2006, 08:28 PM
There are some newer menu books out at some centers with different choices than at others. The only dumb question is one that you don't ask!

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 09:06 PM
There are some newer menu books out at some centers with different choices than at others. The only dumb question is one that you don't ask!

I dont think anyone implied that her question was dumb :?:

Gamababa3
03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
With some of the Pampered Chef parties I've had they make potato chips in the microwave. slice them thin and you can put what ever seasoning that are allowed on them and then put them on a plate and microwave. You'll need to watch them so they don't burn, but they turn out pretty crispy and good. We would make a dip using fat free sour cream and some dill weed.

rad7775
03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Barbara:
That dip sounds good...

mrsbeanie
03-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Deets _ I didn't say you did! I was just stating that we should never feel our questions are dumb. As my father told me the only dumb question was one not asked.

marbear
03-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Nobody EVER said that it was a dumb question, but here is how I feel:

If it isn't listed in the food guide but is now considered on plan, the only people who can tell you that info are LAWL counselors. I can tell you what I think all day long, but ask the counselors if they care what I think all day long when it comes WI or rebate time. PM JoyUvette about the chips: she would know b/c she is a counselor (maybe even a manager or something higher up).

Also, if your weight loss isn't progressing as quickly as you like, it seems to reason that you should eat foods in their least processed state (chicken with diet bread vs. a lean cuisine for a P,S). That's just clean eating and it's a good way to live, even if you are the skinniest person on the earth.

If I can give up brownies and Shennie can give up her beloved Doritos until maintenence, anybody can :lol:

deetsmom
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Why did you have to say BROWNIES!!!!?????!!!!! ACK!!!!!!

marbear
03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Speaking of which...

You know Alton Brown on Good Eats? Well, he developed a soy protein bar recipe that is 150 calories low in fat. I am seriously thinking about making it to replace the lites, but making it 180 cals or so instead. It supposedly has a "brownie texture." I'd leave out the dried fruit and add in cocoa powder instead probably...maybe chocolate chips. OK, now I'm just being bad!
Mary

Chklithunder
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Speaking of things that we can have that are not in the book...

Goat - count it as you would beef.

shennie_97
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
If I can give up brownies and Shennie can give up her beloved Doritos until maintenence, anybody can :lol:

I am demanding that doritos be added into my mainteance program though;) :lol:

but as far as things not int he book that you can eat, you are really up to your own discretion...just remembr that if you find you are not loosing, your choice might be the reason.

there are soooo many ways to get the things you want on plan. bread/melba toast crumbs to oven fry foods, oven fries, baked tortillas...just play with it and learn what you can do...you will be surprised.