General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Talking American Idol Girls Tuesday Feb. 28

Okay girls I am a little late today posting my thread but what did you all think? I was really disappointed in the ladies last night. I don't think any of them did great. I think the judges were being to harsh though. I think they were all crabby, even Paula who will tell the worst singer that they sound ok. I was really disappointed in Paris. I think Simon hit it on the head with her perfprmance. I would think you would hear something like that in a nursing home. I laugh the whole show with the comments that Simon makes. I think that the Kelli did good and I also enjoyed Mandisa. I really can't remember what any of the others sang. Oh I did like that girl also who sang Reba. I think she has a pretty cool voice. The girl who tried to sing Mariah Carey was just insane for choosing that song. Hello Randy and Mariah are tight and I think Mariah would kill him if he thought that girl did her song any justice. I am really hoping that the guys will kick it up tonight. I was sadly dissapointed yesterday. What did you all think?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #2  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

I missed most of the show, the only two I got to see were Kelli and Paris and I thought Kelli did a pretty good job but I didn't like Paris last night.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I have to agree with the judges on one thing: the song selections were terrible. So blah. No pizazz. Lisa and Paris, who should be just brimming with energy were just... blah.

Ms. Thing (Brenna, who I absolutely can't stand) was awful, off key. If she spent more time working on her singing rather than mugging for the camera and trying to play the sexpot...

Kellie, I wish she'd stop trying to play the innocent little backwoods girl with the sob-story background. I'm not voting for whether or not she's ever ridden in an airplane or ever seen the ocean. Don't care if her father's in jail. She's there to be evaluated on her singing and performance. The rest is inconsequential.

I can't remember the name of the one who had her belly button exposed, but she was pretty good. I'd say she gave one of the better performances. She looked like she was having fun. She looked in control.

Mandisa was good, too, but she could sing anything and pull it off. She can wail.

And who did the hair and make-up last night??? It was, to use a Simon phrase, absolutely dreadful! The wardrober wasn't much better.

((sigh)) I wasn't much impressed... hoping things gets better as time goes on! If this is the best the ladies can do, the guys have nothing to worry about!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have to admit I like American Idol more during the auditions because I enjoy watching all the horrible people try to sing. I think a LOT of them probably just do it for kicks and know very well how bad they are LOL.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #5  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I didn't think last night was too bad. I had to tape the guys' performances tonight because I wasn't home, so I'll see that tomorrow. I really liked Kelli's performance! I'll admit, I like her personality and that probably influences my opinion. She's just too cute. Despite a so-so song choice, I thought Paris was wonderful as always. She's amazing! Mandisa did very good, too, but I didn't like what she was wearing. Simon was right on that one.

I voted for Paris and my mom voted for Kelli since we couldn't decide, lol I'm really rooting for them!!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

I thought most of the girls were pretty good, with a few notable exceptions. So far I am not too impressed with the guys tonight!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #7  

Big yawn!

L
Closed Thread