Alternachicks - Marvelous March Challenge!

View Full Version : Marvelous March Challenge!

mauvaisroux
03-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Time for this month's challenge - hope everyone did well in February! :)

If you want to join in just post whatever goals you have for this month - they can be lbs to lose, non-scale, exercise or habits to lose or to make.

This month I would like to:

Drink 6 glasses of water per day
Exercise 3 times per week
Take my vitamins each day

jrnyc
03-01-2006, 01:28 PM
OK, here's my personal challenge:
eat my vegetables every meal :carrot:
walk 4 times a week :running:
cut back TV watching, which leads to the couch potato body. :moo:
do strength training 2 times a week :workout:

Maria_N120
03-11-2006, 03:54 PM
My March Goals:

Lose 8lbs
Walk everyday, even if only for ten minutes
To totally go without crisps and chocolate and full sugar sodas (even while on holiday)

Good Luck :D

Irishowl
03-11-2006, 04:54 PM
March Goals:

Walk 5 days per week......at least 30 minutes each day
8 glasses of water per day
Stay under 1600 calories most days ( Except for my birthday......I am giving myself permission to enjoy )

mauvaisroux
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Okay, so two weeks have gone by and I am up to 4 glasses of water per day and I have been walking for 30 minutes at lunch time at work. I have also started taking a different bus home from work that lets me off further from my house and forces me to walk uphill to get home :)

Not doing so great in the vitamins department. Today at lunch I am going to the dollar store at the mall to see if I can find a pill container to put a week's worth of vitamins into. I just find that if the vitamins are in the cabinet and not right in front of my nose I forget about them :lol: Hopefully this will help.

I have also lost 2 lbs :cb:

mauvaisroux
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Okay - so the pill box thing seems to be working! I have managed to take all my vitamins everyday this week! :cb:

I also tried out some new recipes over the past week or so - all WW recipes and it seems to be paying off - I have now lost 3 lbs for the month :dancer:

I've also been filling up my 32 oz mug with crystal light everyday and keeping it beside my computer so I have no excuse to not drink water throughout the day :lol:

squeaker
03-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Oops. I realized I never posted my goals. They are the same as last month for now -
My goals are:
Try and bring lunch to work at least 3 days a week, and eat what I bring!
Drink more Crystal Lite instead of pop (soda).
Exercise video at least twice a week.
Try and remember to take my vitamins more often then not.

mauvaisroux
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I've added taking the stairs at work to my daily routine - I need to get my legs in shape :yes:

ajandpj99
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Dh and I have been getting in 3 weight training sessions per week including a 5-10 min hike up the road and back (uphill).

My walking buddy is on spring break this week and has promised me at least 2 days of after work walks - probably in the 1 -2 hr range -uphill.

I WI on Sat the 1st (my BDAY - yes I know - ha ha ha)

Fingers crossed - havent even peaked at the scale.

ajandpj99
04-03-2006, 01:33 PM
WEll - the numbers are in and I missed my goal by 2 lbs, instead of losing 6 I only lost 4 - but a loss is a loss.

I contribute my "failure" on not enough fiber intake and emotional stress tied with aging. LOL

Anyway, on to April and a new goal - 5 lbs is a nice even #

Hey Mauv - need a thread for April = like "no foolin', it's Awesome April" or something equally corny.

mauvaisroux
04-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll start a new thread today :)