Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #213

Welcome!

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
Old 03-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  

Default Good morning everyone

As you can see I have started a new thread - as it is the beginning of a new month thought it would be nice to start with a new thread.

Anyway, I am about to go out for my walk with hubby just waiting for Priscilla to finish brushing her very long hair.

Will come back later and post how I have done re walking.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Lent

I am not Catholic, but I have vowed to give up certain things for the lenten season......I would say forever, but......

1. chocolate
2. softdrinks
3. all cussing (this will be fun - I'll have to come up with some alternative words)

I just came back from walking in my park and it is a marvelous day outside. Breezy and high 70's. Last night I bought Walk the Line and Pride and Prejudice. My DH and I watched Walk the Line. Such a good movie. Tonight DH will be at school, so my DDs and I will watch Pride and Prejudice - also a good movie.

I hope everyone is doing well. Prayers to all for good health, strength, patience, and will power.

Have a blessed day.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #4  

Default Biblical question ! !

Ok I have a question / thought and would like some of your ideas.

First some scripture verses:
Genesis 1:27-28 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them: Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over ever living creature that moves on the ground.'

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Now the question (if you cann't quess)
When a person - male or female - professes to be saved, has accepted Christ as their Savior, goes to Church, partakes in communion - but lives with another person of same sex as if married - how can they say it is not wrong - the lifestle they are living.

I know there must be a lot of people out there living this lifestyle - some are church people some aren't. So this question would be more towards those that are churc people - how do they justify their life style as good in the eyes of the Lord.

I would really like to be able to have this answered by one of them but unfortunately I don't know of any. I hear people that live this lifestyle say that they did not choose it - and that they see no wrong in it. And I can honestly say if I was to met someone living this lifestyle I would not intentionally not be friends with them - I just don't agree with their lifestyle.

My daughters 2 younger siblings have been adopted out to a same sex couple - two women - who have over the years adopted 7 special needs children. The are very well off financially so all the children would be well taken care of - and am loved a lot I am sure. Through the ministry they wanted to know if we would allow our 2 children to get to know their siblings by going and visiting with them - eventually to staying over night for visits.
Our answer (due to the age of our children at the time - and would still hold up now I think) was that we would love the siblings all to met and get to know each other - but for visit where my children would stay overnight without us - NO!!. We told them that we thought the children would be too confused (ours) as to why our children have a mother and father, but their siblings have a mom and a mom - in fact our son as young as he was told us he didn't want to met them as he was 9 at the time and the siblings were 7 and 5 and he questions the social worker why it took so long for them to see about getting them together. The ladies that have our children's siblings have since said that because we are 'church people' with preconceived ideas as to what is right and wrong that they were going to close all doors possible so the siblings could not met and get to know each other. Sad - they should know each other and we were willing for this to happen - just did not want our children to spend 'holidays' in situation of two women be the parents.

Anyway - would love to hear what any one would have to say about this especially with respect to a person who professes to love Christ, professes to be living as Christ has told them to live - but living as same sex couple.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  

Hi everyone

Really good posts lately. Just what I have been looking for:recipies and talk about God.

Have continued to be really busy this week getting house ready to sell. It is finally listed and the cleaning ladies are finished. House smells really nice. Now we just need to pray that the right people will come by to buy quickly. Have sent out deposit and paper work for the new house. We have decided to go ahead and purchase the property in Tampa.

Haven't been exercising much for the last week, but have been trying to get all the water in and eat right. Really miss exercising but it is hard to do with my mum visiting and getting the house ready.

Pixiefalls--will pray for your aunt

Gary --I love the discussions and thoughts. Will print it out and try to get to reading it. Love the recipies also

Wilma--This looks easy to cook and delious

Sue55--I think that you need to go out for lunch. The time that we spend with our children is important. We need to learn how to make good food choices where ever we are.

Christine--keep praying about the schools. God will start eliminating them for you.

Marilyn-- Hope the house prep is going well with you. Will look at your question sometime next week when I can sit down quietly.

Have a good day everyone. Praying for you all

Nancy
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #6  

Default Marilyn - good question

Let me be the first to boldly stick my neck out on this controversial subject. First, I do agree with one thing and that is I truly believe that most, not all, do not choose to be this way. Mainly, because of cases (I remember seeing an interview with a man who is an identical twin who was raised as a girl and thought something was wrong with him/her until parents explained to him that he was really a boy. He spent many years in therapy as a girl thinking he was gay because he was attracted to other girls - long story, will stop there). I have had friends since high school who are gay. I really don't think that they wake up one day and say "hey, I want to be gay."

Second Even so, I still can't be comfortable with gay marriage. My kids and I don't quite see eye to eye. They, being of the younger generation and being exposed to more things then when we were younger, believe that gay marriage should be legal. I guess it is mainly because I have never known anything other than man/women relationships.

However, I believe that God created them and loves them too. And, yes they too can be saved. And why not.......we were saying earlier that murders, rapist, drug addicts can be saved in the eleventh hour......why not them?

There are some cultures, not of Christian background, that actually revere those of a "3rd" sex. Asian, I believe, but not sure. I know that it is more acceptable in some other countries.

I think that when the Bible speaks out against sodomy, they might be talking about the act of "conquering" the enemy. Like in prisons. Sodomy like rape is also an act of power, not necessarily sex.

Anyway, just thought I would jump out there. My opinions. I did a little research a few years back, because I thought that my daughter might be. Turns out she is most definately not. Likes boys too much. She was just extremely tomboyish. Even though I have to admit that I was relieved, I would have love the daylights out of her anyway.

In conclusion - the subject confuses me. I can only go with my gut. I choose, even though I am not comfortable with it, not to judge.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #7  

Default Thanks Beth

I appreciate hearing your point of view.

I don't know whether I made myself clear - (a) I like / love the person (b) I do not agree with the life style (c) I believe they can be saved (d) I believe God does love them.

But my thought goes to those that (a) Say the love the Lord - and I am not doubting that they do (b) That they attend church, study the Bible and are doing their best to follow what Christ wants them to do - I just wonder how the interpret this scripture and those in the New Testament about homosexuality.

It is a 'touchy' subject but would like to know how the interpret it.

Heh, Gary, we need our thoughts on this !! - our should I say I would like to hear what you have to say about it.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Ash Wednesday

HI GALS~

Happy Ash Wednesday to those who acknowledge it. We were going to church tonight, however my ex-wife is bringing our taxes back and wants to go over them with us. She just finished them and Angie needs them to finish the financial package for Lara's college info. YES! my ex-wife does our taxes, she does them for a company during tax season. We share a lot of info around here with each other.

Anyone else giving up anything for Lent besides Beth and her dirty mouth?

So, MARILYN you want me to comment on your topic do ya? Isn't that a little queer? I promise that I will, if not tonight ~ tomorrow, but I want to catch up a little first ~ Great TOPIC though girl!! I am sorry that it didn't work out with your daughter and son's siblings. I agree with your decisions, funny how the other "parents" expect you to be understanding but seems like they feel they don't have to.

I am kid of getting the feeling lately that WE~ whoever WE are ~ have to cater to the Gays ~ people in our country illegally ~ Muslims "rights"

Now then before anyone gets too upset ~ I have gay friends, plenty of mexican friends, many that don't have papers ~ no Muslim friends though. And yes I KNOW not all MUSLIMS are terrorists! just seems that FREE SPEECH in AMERICA is OK ~ UNLESS ~ it is about THEM ~ whoever them is!

BETH~ Love the comments on the cussing. Being in construction it just comes natural to me . I will tell you what is AMAZING is that my kids ages 24, 22, 18 and nephew 15 do not cuss at all ~ quite a testament to them. I told my wife last night that we need to buy Walk The Line, we were going to go see it at the theater but never did, WILMAwas too but I can't remember if she did either. I like your comments on the Gay topic ~ great news on your daughter liking boys!!

MAVNAN~Good luck selling your home! My wife and I sold a house we built in Washington last October. We built it last year and were going to live there for a couple of years then decide if we wanted to relocate there, lived in it this past summer, then I decided I wasn't ready yet, so we sold my wife's dream home (I still am paying for that ~ anyway, we sold it in ONE day! I pray you have the same results!! I live right next to a retirement area, there are a lot of Florida transplants here, they say Florida is too humid for them, here in southern California it is rare for the humidity to be a problem at all ~ how is it in Tampa? Love the BUCS!! next to my Raiders.

Back in a sec~~
Old 03-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WILMA~Wow did Canada have a good Olympics ~ the USA had some great moments and some not so good. Looking forward to Vancouver in 4 years! The ratings were way down here, I didn't watch as much as I usually do ~ I knew the results at 5am (internet) and the finals were not on TV here until 10:30 ~ 11:30 at night ~~ way too late for one that gets up at 4:30!! Congrats to Cindy Klassen.

HILARY~How is that computer doing? Prayers for your aunt.

CHRISTINA~I hope you pick the right school for you ~ such a bummer having sooooo many choices isn't it? How do you stay so HUMBLE being soooo WANTED!! Rub it in your DH's face every chance you get so he knows how "lucky" he is! Don't you dare!! How is your pops doing on his job search?

DANCEFORJOYSUE~I see you posting around dear ~ can't hide too long from me . My neice just got accepted to U-DUB....she used to live in Seattle ~ Mercer Island.

Well Angie is calling dinner.............
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL Hi EZMoney... I really wasn't trying to hide. Congratulations to your niece! You said she used to live in Seattle so not sure where she is now... but she is VERY fortunate to be coming back here, as it is sooooo gorgeous! Our Japanese cherries are starting to "explode" now. Much as I love the winters here, I can't help but love to see the glorious springtime!!!

Dance
Old 03-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!!

I have decided to take a day off. I put in a lot of extra hours so my boss agreed to let me have this day off. I start training a new employee next week and just need a day to myself to regroup and gain some ooomph again.

I go to see my doctor this a.m. Hopefully she has good news about my BP.
Other than that I plan to get some groceries and then do whatever I want to. I've been a bit under the weather so maybe a nice little walk and then a rest. Who knows?

Gary: Yes. Canada had an awesome olympics this time. We are very proud of our athletes. We spent a lot of time watching in the evenings and enjoyed it. We're looking forward to 2010!!

I have not gone out to get the Walk the Line DVD but will very soon. I loved the movie. It's about Johnny's life and his courtship with June. You have to like Johnny's music to like this movie.

dance4joy: Your trees are blossoming already?? It must smell amazing there. We just came through a winter storm and have another 3 inches of snow to clear up.

Sprout: You asked a very controversial question. I too believe that homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes according to the Bible. That doesn't mean we treat them any differently than we would anyone else. God loves everyone no matter what sins they're doing. My question is why do so many have those tendencies and why are the characteristics of it so visible physically?

Nancy: My prayers for a quick sale for you. I've been there and know what kind of stress selling a house can be.

Beth: Great job on the walking. I hope you enjoyed Walk the Line as much as I did.

To everyone else: Have a great day!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #12  

Default Walk the Line

I loved the movie. Did research on Johnny and June Carter Cash. I know some of the music, but now I am eager to hear more. They had rough bumps in their lives early on, but each had a strong Christian background. They did and gave so much to charities and were such an influence in the music industry. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did awesome jobs acting and singing in the movie. I never knew that Johnny Cash toured with Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. Anyway, I give it 2 thumbs up and recommend it to those who have not seen it yet.

Last edited by beth1167; 03-02-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #13  

Default Checkin in for today March 2, 2006

Looks like it could be a nice day today - weather wise. It is sunny out - not sure of the temp. though.

Our van decided yesterday to break down when we were on our way for our walk - ball joint (or was it the ball bearing) broke completely off and into the the tranny some - the mechanics have been able to repair it - said no damage to tranny which is good - it is an old van - 1988 Dodge Caravan - and it is on its last legs but we need to keep it running until we sell our house at which time we will buy a new vehicle.

Anyway Norm is on his way down to pick the van up - good thing he likes to walk and can walk - it is about 4 miles to get where the van is.

Am on Day 1 of following the First Place Program - (you can see the thread for this program here) - and I am going to give it my best to do each day - not going to say for the next 13 weeks - but am taking it one day at a time. The program is for 13 weeks, they you 'start over'

Well, should see about the laundry - have 1 load in and need to do about 4 more today

Gary, looking forward to your 'knowledge' re my touchy question.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #14  

Default Journal for March 2, 2006

Are you concerned about what people think about you thatn what God thinkgs about you? Talk to God about it .
Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Thursday

HI GALS~

Finished my after work chores, Angie is out running the dogs while I have a beer and listen to Andy Williams on the CD player ~~ smoooooth .

First of all I love Johnny Cash, grew up with country and western music being played in the home. Have always listened to country music. Angie and I will probably get the movie this week-end ~ Reese is one of our favorites! just loved her in Sweet Home Alabama and Legally Blond.

Now then on the topic of homosexuality ~ and gay marraige ~

Not for me!

All kidding aside, I will give my point of view and try to be brief and concise, which Angie and my children say is flat IMPOSSIBLE for me, especially after a couple of beers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that homosexuality is a sin

I believe (now) that people are born into it because we are born into sin

I believe that God sees it no different than any other sin ~ any sin seperates us from Him

I believe that a person can be gay and still be a Christian

I believe that God wants them to FIGHT the battle of their urges through Christ to overcome the sin ~ just as he wishes the person addicted to drugs, pornogrophy, food, etc! to do

I believe that a person can be born gay ~ HOWEVER, being gay does not give them the "right" to act upon it ~ including marraige

I believe that there are organizations, that God has provided, to help them through it, just as there are for other addictions and sins we have

I believe the "sin" is no more harmful in God's eyes than any other sin ~ I believe as people (who JUDGE!!) that "WE" put different degrees on sin, as WE see fit!

I believe if a person is born homosexual that he isn't a sinner (based on that) until he acts upon it

I believe that we suffer different degrees of CONSEQUENCES by "acting" upon our sinful nature

I am not sure I believe that homosexuality is curable, but I believe it can be controled through Christ

I believe that the Christian homosexual will be in Heaven ~ I believe that he will suffer the consequences of his sins, as we all do for ours ~ whether it be on earth or heaven

Personally, I have known three homosexuals, one being my cousin, he passed away with AIDS ~ I do not believe he was a Christian ~ however he was a wonderful man and always treated me great when I was a kid, he was 15 years older than me ~ I also have another friend, female, who grew up in our church ~ she always had tomboy traits, joined the Navy, even dated my brother ~ just never seemed to fit in ~ UNTIL she met her "wife" ~~ is she a Christian? I believe so ~however, she hasn't been to our church for about 10 years other than to funerals for friends ~ not sure if she still reads God's words ~ has she backslid too far to get back to a personal relationship with Him? ~ how does this play into the "once saved ~ always saved? or are there just some folks that "we" believe are saved because we think we see them as believers? What is that scripture? ~ "you called my name in the streets, but you did not know me?"

Anyway folks, as God says "HATE THE SIN ~ LOVE THE SINNER!"

Off to dinner...............

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-03-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Closed Thread