03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
It's a new month everyone!!!!
Post over here!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 11:09 AM
OH WOW .... It is March isn't it !!

angelica1674
03-01-2006, 11:11 AM
DUH!!!:dizzy: This year is sailing by.......

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I am amazed it is March already. Hope March takes all of the snow with it!!!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Can I re-post my question over here ? ;) :D

OK guys ... I have a question ...

How do y'all break your food up through the day ? when I started the program (many moons ago) I was told to break my plan up like this ...

B - F F
AM Snack - bar
L - PSVF
PM Snack - bar (or 1/2 a bar if I prefered)
D - PSVV
(optional 1/2 bar as a snack)

and to "throw" in my Fa and Dairy throughout the day

I am just looking for some different ideas how to break things up so I don't get "bored"

shennie_97
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Carmen~ glad that red is working out for you and that you are back around here. Missed you :hug:

Christie~ people say the stupidest tings sometimes… I wish all I had to do was just sign up and LAWL lost the weight for me…LAWL is not a secret weapon that makes the pounds vanish…be proud of the weight you have lost.

Beanie~ :hug: I was going to have to hire a PI to find you soon

Moneek~ great loss

Norissa~ I have tried every food rule in the book and I always seem to fail that way. I don’t necessarily plan out my meals to be anything in particular just because I know that being that strict on myself makes m want to rebel (guess mom was right, huh?). What I have found helpful is writing out my diary for the whole week on Saturday afternoon and then going grocery shopping and tweaking a little by what I buy (usually switching up produce because you never know what you will find fresh and in good condition this time of year) then it is so much easier to not have to stop in the middle of a busy day and say what will I eat tomorrow. I often end up changing some things around, but everything is already separated…like today I didn’t have apple juice with breakfast so I will have 15 grapes for a late snack instead….hope that helps

LA'smostDETERMINED
03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Good Morning ladies!!! How you all been? I know it's been a while but i've been busy getting another job...I went to the COD yesterday and i was down 4...I was like "Oh wow"...I'll be doing the meal replacemts for dinner to see if it will speed up my weight loss...we'll see...hope all is well...! Gotta Go...

WTG to EVERYONE!!!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;31;6;0;1/c/219/t/165/s/238/k/5212/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

LA'smostDETERMINED
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
REPO----wow....you look great......!!! I hadn't seen your new pic...major diff. wow wow lol....keep up....

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I have a lot more food than you do in a day but I usually break it up like this

21/2 p, 4f, 4v, 4s, 2d, 1 fat

Breakfast,
1/2 or Protien, Starch, Dairy and fruit

Snack -
Fruit and Veggie, or Fruit, Veggie and Dairy if I didn't do it for breakfast

Lunch
Protien, Starch, 2 Veggies fat

Snack
Fruit sometimes 2, Starch

Dinner
Protien, starch, veggie, fruit (if left)

Snack
Dairy

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks sheenie - it does help, gives me some new ideas ... ya know :hug:

Katie - I live in Missouri, and it has been near 70 all this week !! :dizzy: Going up to 72 supposedly today :cool: It only snowed 2 times this winter, and none of it stuck around more than a few hours, if at all. This weather is so unusual for us ... but I am not complaining ;)

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Shennie I will need a :mag: to find you! You are doing great! :hug:

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 11:25 AM
La's - wohoo on the 4lbs. Isn't that a new picture of you too? Looking good!

Katie - I do think you are looking hot!

Gamababa3
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Norissa I was told to try and eat my starches earlier in the day and not have them for dinner. I've been doing that as much as possible and still seeing a loss.

Moneek congrats on your loss glad to hear it. Hope your meal replacements at dinner time work for you. I bought them, but since they cut my starches down one I only have two and the replacements you have to count a P & S, so I haven't used them.

I WI at home this AM and with my night grown on my weight is down to
202.6. It is getting so much closer to 199 I can't wait:) So now I will get dressed and go WI at the center and see how much with clothes on it goes up:)

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Shennie, I am laughing that we all posted all morning on the Feb thread. Glad that someone knows what is going on around here.

Carmen- You know, I think that they should give her back a few months. Maybe I will ask for her. She is not one to stand up for herself. In comes the big bad older sister!!! So glad that red is working so well for you. I love red too. Everytime I wake up early to exercise and try to talk myself out of it, I remember, "You can only stay on red if you get your exercise in everyday, so get your butt out of bed!!!" I respond well to food bribery like extra proteins. LOL

Beanie- What is your weather doing? Our snow is melting away!! Yahoooooo!

Gamababa3
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Mrsbennie I looked at yours and said out loud four starches I want one:)

Chklithunder
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh Dang!!! I forgot too!

Hey Mary - goat is not in my book. I go to WI tonight...I will ask the :devil:s about it and see what they say (should be interesting).

Shennie - thanks :hug:!

Moneek - you are beautiful! Loving the new pic.

Hi Norissa - I am finding that I do best if I have at least some protein for breakfast.

here's my breakdown for yesterday and Monday...

Tuesday:
breakfast - lite
mid am - f, d, s (apple w/cheese, crackers)
lunch - vvv, p, s, fat, cond (salad, turkey, lite bread, lite dressing, mustard)
mid pm - 1/2 p, v (rf peanut butter, celery)
dinner - p, s, ff (lean gourmet, 1 C applesauce
dessert - should have been a light, but i missed it

Monday
breakfast - 1/2 p, s, ff (1.5 eggs, lite bread, 8 oz OJ)
mid am - lite
lunch - vv, p, s, cond (salad greens, grilled chicken, crackers, lite dressing)
mid pm - d (string cheese)
dinner - p, s, vv (turkey meatloaf made w/ crackers, broccoli)
dessert - baked apple
missed 2nd lite

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Barb- Holy cow, you are doing so good!!!

Beanie- Thanks chicka. Still waiting to put a face with your name....Guess I will have to go to Twin to buy my groceries or something. OR, maybe when things slow down for you, we could meet in Pocatello for lunch at Red Lobster or something. Come on Beanie, come on....my sisters say I have invisible friends! LOL

hkychik
03-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Good Morning all you beautiful losers! It's so much fun to see faces that belong to the names!

My, what a busy bunch of chickies this morning - I had to read 6 pages, just to catch up!

Norissa, my red book had some daily plan suggestions as to when to have your portions in the front of it, and I followed that for just a couple of days, then, well, life gets in the way. I try to have a

1/2P, S, F for breakfast
usually no time for mid am snack - that's when I do all my running around
2V, P for lunch - sometimes I'll throw in a S
mid pm snack - bar
mid mid pm snack:) - F - this has ALWAYS been my heavy snacking time...
P, S, VV for dinner
evening snack - bar, 1/2D
dessert w/ kids - smoothie (F) made with milk (1/2D)

I fit my fat in wherever it best fits - I've always heard not to eat so much at night, but frankly, it's the only time I have to get all my foods in - I seem to be playing catch-up after lunch, and finishing the last of my portions at 9:30 at night. I literally don't have the time (or the hunger) to eat in the mornings. Anyway, to make a long story short, (TOO LATE, I KNOW!) I seem to be losing pretty decent even with eating so much at night. I wonder how much faster it would go, if I didn't???? HA!

Off to shower and WI - congrats to all you losers out there - keep posting your beautiful pics!

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Ugggggggggggggggg

I hate my picture. Cant stand to look at it so switched back...but if you want to see me click on my profile and there I am!!! It will be a limited engagement for a short time only! LOL Come one come all to the sideshow!

stiesta
03-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Beanie -- beautiful pic! Nice to meet your face, at least! :)

Barb -- girlfriend, you're going to blink and you'll be in ONEDERLAND! Way to go -- you're doing so good! Keep it up! :carrot:

Shennie and others -- thanks for the kind words. I agree that I've worked my butt off and deserve the credit. LAWL is only the mechanism, I am the motivation and effort!

Katie, how are things in the frozen tundra land of Rexburg? My B and SIL are getting ready to move into their new home they've been building -- I can't imagine moving on a day like today! I've visited RB in the winter and those wind chills will kill ya! Stay warm, chickie -- especially now that you're minus more body fat, you've got nothing to keep you warm!!

Well, one more complaint before I sign off and eat my lunch -- my DH is going out of town today and he's meeting an old friend of ours for dinner. He told me they are planning to go to Morton's for dinner. Anyone been there? It is a really swanky steakhouse, with the best food! They have this molten chocolate cake that I swear is almost better than sex! :devil: (Not quite, but almost!) I am glad I won't be there because there is no way I would stay OP with one of those in front of me. But I'll be thinking of them today while I eat my sugar free jello & cool whip for dessert tonight. MEN!!!! :mad:

Have a good afternoon!

Christie

stiesta
03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Beanie, put your beautiful face back up there! You're braver than me...I only dared show my kids! :hug:

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Katie our snow has been long gone. Yesterday it was rainy and windy but today its sunny and nice. It was pretty warm Sunday and Saturday.

Stiesta - I hear ya there. My husband would probably come home and describe in detail how good the food was!!

shennie_97
03-01-2006, 12:11 PM
:carrot: :carrot: Yeah Beanie, so great to finally see you.

i have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so i am heading out. when we changed insuranc eI had to change doctors so this is my first time seeing her. I am really excited and hoping that when I weigh in she won't have to use the 50lb mark, but since I have food in me and clothes on it might be over a little.

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Stiesta - you are being too kind. When I see that double chin and those chubby cheeks yuk!! But actually that is a big improvement over what it has been. LOL

stiesta
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh Shennie, wouldn't that be awesome for you to only weigh in using the 100 mark on the scale? I'm dreaming of that day myself...good luck! Wear the lightest thing you can find!

deetsmom
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
:carrot: :carrot: Yeah Beanie, so great to finally see you.

i have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so i am heading out. when we changed insuranc eI had to change doctors so this is my first time seeing her. I am really excited and hoping that when I weigh in she won't have to use the 50lb mark, but since I have food in me and clothes on it might be over a little.

THAT IS THE BEST FEELING EVER, I gotta say. When I went to my Dr he had me as 132, it was a VERY GOOD DAY! You rock, Shennie!:D

mrsbeanie
03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Shennie _ you'll still be below 150! I know it! Good luck at the dr.!

deetsmom
03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Oh, and the fact that in his files he'd had me at my highest of 246, LOL!!! Hes so numb, can you imagine, he didnt comment on it? The nurses did though:)

stiesta
03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Wow, good for you Deets. That's got to be a good feeling! I am scheduled to see my OB/GYN in a month, and for once I'm looking forward to it just becuase I will be down about 25 pounds (or more by then) then when I was in a year ago...can't wait!

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Beanie- What do you mean you hate your picture? You just stop it right now! That picture is very pretty, not to mention that you have lost nearly 50 lbs, so don't you dare tell me that you are not proud. You should be!! Have you ever tried to lift a 50 lb bag of dog food? I can't even do it. But look at you, 50 lbs lost. You are doing so great. Please, be proud of yourself. You are so worth it!

Shennie- Good luck at the Dr. Think thin lady!

Christie- Next time you come to visit Rexburg, you better look me up!! I would hate to move today, the wind is blowing and my yard is a huge melted snow pit. Can't imagine tracking all that mud and water into a new house!

Have a good day everybody!!!

marbear
03-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Beanie, I'm going to join the party and flame you for hating that picture. Not only are you pretty, but you GLOW. You have such kind eyes and I can tell through the picture (not like I didn't already know from how kind you are on the boards) that you have a sweet spirit. People are saying I look like my old avatar, but thank goodness you look nothing like your current avatar :lol:

I've gotten something in my craw today and I am on yard patrol/kitchen cleanup. I went and bought landscaping stuff (spring does that to me for about 2 mos) and I have started cleaning my kitchen with a FINE TOOTHED COMB. Spring cleaning hits early here. I'll get to the yard when Eli takes a nap. It freaks me out for him to be anywhere NEAR a road, esp since we live on the corner.

Mary

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh Lord help me today ... LOL I am here at home w/ 9 kids ... school got out early today :dizzy: Katie I don't know how you do it everyday ... this only happens to me once in a while ... I swear what little sanity I have left will be gone by the end out the day ....

stiesta
03-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Katie -- you better believe I'll find you when I visit next my B&SIL! We'll celebrate our skinny selves by having one of those big burgers at that place in town...is it still there?

Mary -- good for you on all the yard work and housecleaning, girl! I wish we had an early spring here. Unfortunately, March can be one of the snowiest months, so I'm not thinking spring yet. I do daydream every day about next winter when I'm in CA....:flow2:

Boo'sMom
03-01-2006, 02:19 PM
WOW--page 3 already!! It's going to be a big month!

Everyone is doing awesome--maybe just the thought of Spring and Summer is putting a fire under us all. I LOVE having faces to go with names--feels like we know each other. I honestly don't even know if we have a digital photo of me anywhere--I've been camera shy for soooo long. Tons of the girls!

I am excited--my Mom lives far from a center so joining is not really an option but she has copied everything I have and wants me to get her some lites off e-bay (she tried Luna's--just wasn't a fan--but loved my lites--hey--whatever works for her) Anyway, she has always been heavy and now she and Dad are doing Heart Healthy dieting since his triple bypass in December. But now she really wants to get serious and follow my plan. Honestly, I have never known her to even be semi-serious about losing. :crossed: Cross your fingers for her. I copied the whole cookbook off the site Tina let us use and mailed her a hard copy so I hope that helps give her ideas for meals. I am really proud of her--this is a step in the right direction.

I am still on :cloud9: from my morning weigh in--finally--a new decade! Even passed my halfway mark. I haven't been in the 160's in probably 15 years--my girls have NEVER seen me this thin. They are sooo supportive--but it's not fun having your 6 year old ask "is that on your diet" :nono: everytime I put something in my mouth!! Especially in a restuarant--and especially when it's NOT--I guess she helps me stay OP that way.

stiesta
03-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Norissa, I feel your pain today. Ever since my DH started talking about that stupid cake at Morton's, I have been CRAVING something bad. :devil: It is taking all I have to stay out of the pantry. Let's keep each other going today, okay?:)

Good job, Boo...getting family and friends to eat healthy should make you proud. LOL at your daughter policing you -- my kids do the same for me!

Christie

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Christie- You are talking about Big Juds. My husband grew up 3 houses down from there. We should definitely go there. In fact, I would like to go there right now....

Norissa- I have 12 today, so I feel your pain. The thing is when they come everyday, you have all your toys and baby gates ready, and routines set up. Aside from a four year old squeezing a bottle of silver glitter glue over a toddlers head this morning, it has been a very easy day. I cannot believe how easy this newborn is.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Katie - OH NO !! Hopefully you got the glitter glue cleaned up !! I have 2 9 year olds, a 7 year old, 6 year old, 3 - 4 year olds, a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old :dizzy: and 7 outta the 9 are rowdy boys :carrot: Theyfinally decided who gets to play the first play station game ... ugh ! Lots of little personalities ;)

MTdebster921
03-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Afternoon chickies,

beanie-beautiful picture. Love the red hair. You've lost almost 50 lbs!!!! Don't beat yourself up!

Sheenie- You are doing so wonderful. You will be in stabilization in no time!!
WTG!!

Barb- You are so close to onederland!! I'd be exercising like crazy and willing myself to get there if i was that close. You'll be there before you know it.

Moneek- I can tell the difference in your face in your new pic too. Awesome job.

Boo- Great job on the 20 lbs. and being over halfway there to boot. I think a personal treat is in store for you. That is so funny about your DD's keeping you on track. It's cuz they love you so much.

I only have one picture of me taken in the last year and that was last summer. I looked at it and almost cried. You never see youself like that, but the reality of a picture slaps you in the face. It was at a family reunion and we are planning one the same weekend this year. My goal is to be below 200 by then, so I have 36 more pounds to shed in 2 1/2 months. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.......

It rained all day yesterday, so our back yard is a giant mud hole, but today is really nice. I am on vacation this week, catching up on all those projects I have been neglecting.
It's funny about everybody that does "projects" while DH is away. I do that too. I repainted the living room and dining room one time. I cleaned and organized his garage this last time he went out of town. Hung pegboard and everything. I love to do work like that and I love to use the power tools too. When he calls, he asks me what he is going to come home to, I just tell him that he will have to come home to find out. It scares him when I say that. HAHAHA It's good for them I think.
Debbie

marbear
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Ugh...I started bleeding again. I called the nurse just now and she'll get back with me. It could be my period, though...who knows? I am a very regular girl normally.

Y'all, the flygirls would be proud of how clean my downstairs is getting. Also, I've finally given into motherhood completely and shoved my dining room set against a wall so Eli will have a space to drive his cozy coupe in the house.

Mary

Leah AU mom
03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Ugggggggggggggggg

I hate my picture. Cant stand to look at it so switched back...but if you want to see me click on my profile and there I am!!! It will be a limited engagement for a short time only! LOL Come one come all to the sideshow!

You are Beautiful Beanie!!!

Carmen, Thanks for the b'day wishes!!!

Katie...12 kids at your house? I'm impressed. Do you have your house divided into daycare and non-daycare areas?

It's 74 degrees here today...I hope it doesn't get cold again, but I guess cold is relative depending on what your used to. It hasn't snowed here in about 5 yrs.

hkychik
03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I have 80 oz of water in already today!!!!!! yippee! I usually struggle to get in my 64, so this is MAJOR! and it means that I can allow myself a diet soda (blech) at my meeting tonight - I use a beverage like a crutch... and it gives me time to prepare a response, and think about an answer instead of just blurting out the first thing that comes into my brain - usually something inappropriate! I'll bet I have in 100 oz of water by the end of today!:dancer:

Gamababa3
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I had mentioned I had lunch with my old sales eng today and I meet her at my old job. It felt good that they noticed I'm losing weight and my old sales eng called me skinny more then once:)

Thanks Heather, Katie & Debbie I know I'm doing well, just wish, like the rest of us, that it would come off faster. I came home and rode my gazelle again and my thighs and calves are sure feeling it.

Boosmom congrats on getting into the 160s has to be a really good feeling.

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Leah- Yes, they have their own playroom and bathroom. Of course I have to watch the bathroom like ahawk or someone will be getting in trouble in there, but the playroom is totally kid proofed, and they have a lot of fun in there.

Loves Saddlebreds
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
So, I reappear again - maintaining but not losing since I know I have not really been vigilant about being OP...But, I decided to handle my weightloss like a job and its been going better. I've started working out and now I just have to kick my lazy butt into total diet gear :o ...

Ladies - you all look wonderful, I am in awe at how thin y'all look and everyone's dedication to a new lifestyle!! I'll need to stop in and chat much more frequently - the support helps so much! Here's to a great March!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Leah- Yes, they have their own playroom and bathroom. Of course I have to watch the bathroom like ahawk or someone will be getting in trouble in there, but the playroom is totally kid proofed, and they have a lot of fun in there.

I wish I had more of a set up like that ... the kids have free range of my house ... and it drives me bananas ... I have no escape ... LOL My house is normally trashed by the end of the day :mad: I think I am "retiring" at the beginning of next school year when my youngest starts K and start subbing up at school ....

sznn
03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Hello All,

Great pics Beanine and Marbear - I need to get a new pic up soon, I am a professional procratinator.

I've decided to do TO today and tomorrow. So far - so good. Just had my
2nd Luna ....it was the tastiest thing on earth!!!!
I just need out of the 150's it has been about 6 weeks now - not easy for an impatient person.

I read this awesome article on maintenance that I'd thought I'd share with you all. It's very long but has some great information.
Wish me luck on the next 36 hrs of TO.
-S

sznn
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
How To Keep the Lost Pounds Off

"The challenge of losing weight is very different from the challenge of maintaining the loss," notes James Hill, PhD, associate professor of Physiological Psychology at the University of Colorado in Denver. "Most Americans trying to lose weight think, 'okay, I'll subject myself to this program for 12 weeks. I can put up with anything for that long.' But they don't give a lot of thought to the changes in behaviors that will help them maintain the loss."

Until recently, this way of thinking was aided and abetted by the diet industry, which also devoted more attention to weight loss than to maintenance. A section on maintenance is tacked on to most diet books and programs mostly as a "post script" that basically says "keep it up." The traditional assumption was that the nuts and bolts of an intense weight-loss program—counting fat grams and calories or weighing portions—could easily become a permanent part of life. But the reality is that weight maintenance involves switching from a restricted reducing diet to a more flexible set of eating patterns that will keep you at your desired weight. By their nature, those new habits are harder to set down as a simple set of rules.

A wake-up call to focus on weight maintenance was sounded in 1994, when dieting guidelines published by the National Academy of Sciences revealed that the average dieter regains two-thirds of lost weight within one year and almost all within five years. The report noted that although different weight-loss programs use different diets and strategies, none have been able to overcome this basic pattern. "My impression is that the success people have in maintaining their weight loss appears to be entirely unrelated to how they lost the weight," says Dr. Arthur Frank, medical director of the George Washington University Obesity Management Program. "Most weight-loss diets do work in the short term. The problem is, we have not yet evolved good techniques for maintenance."

Happily, this is beginning to change, and there are now a lot of clues as to how and why some people succeed at "keeping it off," while others seem to return to their old weights just as soon as they've purchased a smaller-sized wardrobe. Here we look first at the success stories—the characteristics and approaches of people who manage to control their weight long-term. Then we explores how to cope with the psychological implications of having a healthier, slimmer body; and, how to develop weight maintenance techniques that fit your own personality and lifestyle.

Principles of Success

What can we learn from the few people who DO succeed at long-term weight control? A number of researchers have begun to answer this question through innovative efforts such as the National Weight Control Registry. This program keeps track of over 3,000 people from around the country who have succeeded at long-term weight maintenance. Other research has compared groups of dieters who regain their weight to those who are able to maintain their new, lower weight for several years or more.

Perhaps the most heartening finding is that, despite extensive histories of overweight and failed dieting attempts, nearly half (42 percent) the registry members report that maintaining their weight loss is less difficult than the effort involved in initially losing the weight. Less heartening is the fact that the majority aren't quite as lucky. Indeed, when asked how difficult it was for them to maintain their weight, their answers ranged from "moderately hard" to "very hard." Even people who have never had to lose weight often report that they have to work hard to avoid gaining.

Accepting the fact that weight maintenance is a difficult task may be an important first step towards success. The triumph of losing weight makes it easy to develop illusions of invulnerability—"I'll never backslide; I'm going to stick to this diet for the rest of my life." Recognizing that the task is hard, and that some degree of failure is inevitable, will prepare you to cope with the obstacles ahead. You can set aside the notion that now that you've lost weight, your problems are solved and you can go back to being spontaneous, forgetful, and unconscious about what you eat. People who do acknowledge the difficulty of weight maintenance seem to be able to rise to the challenge and formulate realistic goals that they can take pleasure in meeting.

Overcoming the Body's Inertia
"There seems to be a powerful but elusive signal that makes people return to their original weight," endocrinologist F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer, director of the Obesity Research Center at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York told the New York Times. "We now know that it is unrealistic to expect a very heavy person to be thin."

Indeed, research at Rockefeller University has revealed a "self-adjusting" mechanism at work in the body's metabolism. When you lose weight, your metabolism slows down, burning fewer calories than before, and making calorie control all the more imperative. This seems especially true in the months immediately following the start of a diet. However, the metabolic slowdown doesn't seem to be permanent. Researchers at the National Weight Control Registry found no evidence of a sluggish metabolism when comparing 40 long-term weight-loss winners with a group of non-dieters, suggesting that metabolism eventually returns to normal.

For many people, maintaining modest weight loss is a more appropriate goal than struggling to remake themselves completely. Very heavy people can often substantially improve hypertension, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels, and sometimes even decrease their risk of cardiovascular disease, by losing just 10 percent of their body weight, said Dr. Pi-Sunyer. If they can keep this weight off for a year, they can then try for another 10 percent, he suggests.

Studies comparing weight maintainers to regainers have yielded some interesting insights that may help you devise a weight maintenance program to suit your needs and abilities.

Weight History
The ease of maintaining dietary changes that produce weight loss seems to be related to individual weight history. In a worksite study at a large Midwestern university campus, the dieters involved had been overweight since they were anywhere from 5 to 60 years old. But researchers found that the problem had begun earlier among those who regained weight—on average, at age 26, compared to age 33 for those who succeeded in maintaining their weight loss. Only one of the weight maintainers—but seven of the regainers—reported being overweight as a child.

If you have a long history of being overweight, you should recognize that maintenance may be especially challenging. You may need to seek long-term medical and/or social support to help you create and stay with a maintenance program. A study from the Annals of Internal Medicine found that physician advice and encouragement helped individuals both lose weight and maintain the loss.

Weight Cycling
A history of dieting and regaining weight may also make it more difficult to finally become a maintainer. In one study, subjects averaged six cycles of losing and regaining weight within the past 5 years. Dieters who had been through fewer weight "yo-yos" had an easier time maintaining weight than those who had lost and regained many times. Though some reports now insist that past weight cycling does not make future maintenance more difficult, a tendency to yo-yo is, if nothing else, a signal that you really need to make weight maintenance a serious, long-term priority. Trying to lose weight may actually be a mistake during periods in life when more urgent needs, such as coping with a personal, family, or career crisis, demand your attention. A strong effort to lose and then maintain your weight when other conditions in your life are more settled may allow for greater success. This is bound to be better than the frustration of many half-hearted attempts at inopportune moments.

Education
Dieters who keep their weight off tend to have more years of education than those who regain weight, according to a study in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association—(a mean of 14.2 years of education for regainers, compared to 15.8 years among maintainers).

This finding seems to reinforce the notion that learned skills are the key to weight maintenance. It doesn't mean that if you have less education, you are bound to fail, but you may need to mount a deliberate effort to learn necessary maintenance skills. If "book learning" is not your style, you can try videos or an audio tape behavior modification program.

Food Awareness
Successful maintainers report that they use a variety of approaches, including reducing calorie and fat content of their food, and increasing activity. Most often, maintainers alter their lifestyles and food choices but don't completely deny themselves favorite foods. Unlike regainers, maintainers are always aware of their food consumption and quickly respond to weight gain with changes in habits. Relapsers, on the other hand, tend to rely on diet foods or formulas, attend weight-control groups—and continually feel deprived.

Taking a positive approach to weight maintenance means making sure that your eating plan is both pleasurable and fun. And keeping track of your results allows you to nip an incipient gain in the bud.

Activity Levels
The amount of leisure time devoted to physical activity is among the key differences between weight maintainers and regainers found in every study thus far. The differences are dramatic. A large study at Kaiser Permanente Health Care group in Freemont, California found that 90 percent of maintainers—but only 34 percent of relapsers—exercised regularly. Interestingly, most maintainers (90 percent) chose walking as their exercise. The fact that they liked this form of exercise helped them stay with it. Exercise helps weight maintenance by burning excess calories, squelching appetite, and increasing lean muscle tissue, which in turn increases your metabolism.

The type of exercise you choose could also affect your weight maintenance efforts. According to research published in the June 2001 issue of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, a combination of aerobic exercise (such as walking or bike riding) and weight training provides the biggest bang for your buck. Many dieters already do aerobic exercise, but lifting weights to build muscle can be just as important. In fact, scientists say that while aerobic exercise burns more calories as you're doing it, the metabolism slows back to normal within half an hour. Women who lift weights, on the other hand, burn more calories for 2 hours after their workouts.

The message here goes beyond the obvious (and important) recommendation to make exercise or some kind of physical activity an integral part of your life. It's also a warning that you can be especially vulnerable to weight gain during periods when you cannot exercise. Bad weather, minor illnesses or injuries, and a stretch of intense busyness or personal crises can all interfere with your exercise schedule. While it may not be possible to overcome these barriers immediately, watching what you eat during these times can help you maintain your weight until you're able to exercise again.

Skills and Support
Research shows that people who maintain weight loss generally get more help from others and attack problems more easily than those who do not. "Maintainers had a better social support network; most had three or more people they could turn to," according to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, by Judith S. Stern, Sc., professor of Nutrition and Internal Medicine at University of California, Davis. "Maintainers also had better problem-solving skills. When faced with a relapse, regainers more often used escape-avoidance—'I'll deal with this problem tomorrow'—while maintainers knuckled down and tried to analyze and solve the problem."

It may be helpful, therefore, to view stabilizing your weight loss as a difficult set of puzzles to solve. As soon as you get one puzzle figured out—for example, devising a shopping schedule to keep fresh fruits and vegetables in the house—another one crops up. Holiday dinners, business luncheons, travel, a sprained knee that keeps you from exercising, a new office mate who brings in your favorite butter cookies, your mate giving up and gaining 10 pounds, a personal crisis . . . . The list is endless. But you can develop skills for solving each dilemma and find help in this effort by seeking out support from smart and sympathetic friends. "Continued contact with formal weight- loss programs is a predictor of maintenance success," notes Stern.

Personalization
One of the most interesting research findings is that weight maintainers choose from a wide variety of strategies, personalizing their weight-loss programs to reflect their own needs, tastes, and lifestyles. In the Kaiser study, both those who maintained and those who relapsed used many of the same strategies to lose weight, but those who maintained their weight loss adapted these strategies in ways that were specific to their own lifestyle. Maintainers were more likely than relapsers to devise a personal eating plan and to make attempts to avoid feelings of deprivation when changing their eating patterns.

The Psychology of Weight Maintenance

A weight-loss diet is comparable to a sprint to the finish line: exciting, fast-paced, goal-oriented, and all-consuming. But maintenance is more like a long distance run: It requires pacing, picking yourself up after a fall, and nurturing your own motivation and enthusiasm.

Along with the nuts and bolts of staying nutritionally aware and active, maintenance also involves a subtle process of adjusting to and accepting your new, thinner self. Some people regain weight because they can't get comfortable in their slimmer bodies. Significant weight loss often requires people to adjust to changes in their relationships, and to manage the excitement and pressures that their trim new look can provoke.

In our weight-obsessed society, the successful pound loser is apt to receive a lot of attention. While lapping up compliments might seem like an easy task, you may also face jealousy and subtle put-downs. Unexpected reactions may make you feel insecure and even overwhelmed at first. The repercussions of changing any long-standing pattern of self-destructive behavior, such as overeating, can throw you and your self-esteem into a psychological tailspin.

Dealing With Jealousy
"When people notice you slimming down, it can be threatening at first," says Helen Singer Kaplan, MD, PhD, director of the human sexuality program at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. The king-size reactions you're likely to get from friends and family can be disconcerting, ranging from "Wow, you look great;" to such backhanded compliments as "You should have done this ten years ago;" to the outright hostility of "I hate you—I wish I could lose 20 pounds." There may also be frequent demands to know your "secret" and "how you did it," which can lead you into long, dull conversations about dieting.

A good way to deal with these reactions is to be prepared. Try role playing with family or a trusted friend, or just with yourself, in the mirror. Think of what people are likely to say and prepare your replies in advance. Often a casual "thank you" and a swift change of subject is best. One woman decided to answer the "how did you do it?" question with "the usual way, less eating and more exercise." Also, find comfortable responses to jealous reactions from a spouse or friends. Explaining that keeping the weight off isn't easy is one way to counteract the implication that some special ability is allowing you to succeed easily where others have failed. Directly asking for the other person's support ("It would help me stick to my plan if you didn't insist that I try your dessert,") may also help temper envious responses.

Making Friends with Your Slimmer Self

Incredibly, many weight losers have trouble accepting as "real" the body they've worked so hard to create. After years of living with excess pounds, their new physique doesn't quite seem natural—as though it belongs to someone else.

If you find yourself succumbing to this feeling, you must take steps to get over it. The idea that somehow you really should be heavier can easily become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Make a deliberate effort to get used to your new appearance as quickly as possible. Study yourself on a daily basis. Get new clothes that fit your body to its best advantage. Spend more time on grooming and beauty care. This all may seem rather self-absorbed, but it's a necessary psychological step towards your goal of maintaining a healthy weight long-term.

Dealing with Sex
Increased attention from the opposite sex, including flirtation from co-workers and glances and comments from strangers, may be an unexpected (or desired) result of weight loss. If this occurs, it's a good idea to examine how you feel about it. While the attention may be flattering, it can also be disconcerting and inappropriate. For some people, the loss of weight means a loss of protective covering that must be replaced with new ways of handling people. Don't fall into the trap of regaining weight to retreat to more comfortable and familiar social relationships. Learn to politely but firmly discourage unwanted attention. If sexual harassment becomes a genuine danger and you can't seem to cope, don't hesitate to seek counsel from an appropriate therapist.

Accepting Your New Self
Along with dealing with others in a new way, you may have to talk with yourself about the "new you." The weight comes off your body first, but you need to give your mind time to get used to it. Most people find they need to accept both who they are now, and who they were when they were heavier—rather than demonize their old self as "fat" or "disgusting." Some feel an odd sense of disloyalty to their former, heavier self when they enjoy their new shape. They may also face a sense of unreality, or image anxiety, and need to remind themselves that "I'm still the same person, though others may not see it that way."

You can help yourself accept your new appearance with a number of simple steps. One is to look at yourself naked in the mirror every day—to get used to the way your body has changed and acknowledge it as your own. Try to avoid being critical about what you see and instead view yourself as kindly as you would a good friend. It helps to remember that "you are what you think you are," and to feed yourself positive thoughts.

Learning to claim and enjoy your new body is a good way to hold on to it. Some people "show off" in the privacy of their own home, wearing attractive, form-fitting clothing or lingerie around the house to get used to seeing a positive reflection. Body-nurturing, grooming, and beauty rituals also promote a healthy body image. Try some simple acts of kindness to yourself, such as soaking in an aromatic bath, applying body lotion, and taking special care of your hair, nails, and skin.

While laying claim to your new body, cultivate a positive self-image, as well. The following exercises can help you reinforce self-esteem:

• Make a list of your personal assets—personality traits and behaviors that you believe make you a valuable person. Ask trusted friends to help you add to this list. Then consult it frequently to encourage positive self-thoughts.

• Add a creative project or endeavor to your leisure time pursuits—something you really like to do or a new activity you've been interested in trying. Think of this as a well-deserved gift to yourself.

• Do something to streamline and simplify your life, and to reduce everyday annoyances. This can be as simple as cleaning out closets or programming your phone for automatic dialing, or as complex as putting your financial records in a computer so you can save time when you pay bills each month.

• Take time to relax. Set aside some time each day to regroup and appreciate yourself and your life. Turn off the radio and the television. Experiment with deep breathing, muscle relaxation, or just sitting still and counting your blessings.

• Explore activities that increase body awareness and strength: Take a dance class; try yoga or meditation.

Keys to Continued Motivation

• Make a specific decision to maintain weight loss, separate from the decision to lose weight.

• Commit yourself to following through on your decision.

• Continue to define small nutritional goals for each day.

• Practice positive thinking by concentrating on your goal, not your limitations.

• Visualize success. Success is the knowledge of what to do and the commitment to do it.

• Be as patient and kind to yourself as you are to your good friends.

• Chart your progress and reward your efforts.

Weight Maintenance Skills

Once you've lost the weight and have come to accept your new appearance, you have to develop new skills to hold onto your hard-won gains. While there is no simple formula for keeping weight off, there are skills you can develop that will help you maintain your desired weight and make maintaining it more automatic.

The "C" Word
Long-term weight management requires a conscious commitment—one just as strong, or stronger than the one you made in deciding to lose weight. Permanent commitments can seem daunting; "for the rest of my life," has a tone of finality that may evoke a rebellious spirit—"how do I know, at this point, what I want to do for the rest of my life?"

So with maintenance, as with any large project, it's a good idea to break the task down into smaller, doable segments. Many people find it easier to make a commitment to maintain their current weight for one year. Your maintenance pledge can be made on a memorable day—New Year's, Valentine's Day, your birthday—and be up for reconsideration and renewal 12 months later (after a suitable celebration of your first year's success).

The commitment should be specific—something like: "I will continue to go to exercise class 3 times a week. I will continue to use vegetables for my snacks. I will continue to restructure the way I think and act about food so that I can maintain a healthy weight. I know this is a major challenge and that I may occasionally slip up, but I can do this. It's my responsibility and although I may ask others for help, I understand this is something no one can do for me."

Once the commitment is made, keep visualizing your success. Imagine yourself a year from today, still able to get into your current sized jeans. Imagine yourself relaxed and happy, eating foods you like that are also good for you.

Create New Habits
Habits are an economical use of our mental energy. Most of us develop a set morning routine, for example, so that we don't waste time when we wake up wondering whether or not to brush our teeth today. Years ago you decided to brush your teeth every morning and now you just do it without thinking.

In the same way, weight maintenance becomes a much easier proposition once you've established good nutritional habits. Simplification and preparation are the key to getting new habits in place. For example, if you don't habitually eat breakfast but have decided to do so to boost your morning energy and prevent overeating at lunch, start with a simple approach. Dr. Stern suggests eating the same breakfast every day until the habit is firmly embedded. Prepare by keeping the things you want for breakfast always on hand.

In times of stress, notes Dr. Stern, your old poor eating habits and non-nutritional lifestyle may prove stronger than newly learned habits. To avoid falling back into old habits, you need to trigger your new habits on a daily basis. For example, put a note on the mirror reminding yourself to eat breakfast, and set out dishes and some ingredients the night before.

Simplifying your approach to food makes it easier to form new habits. Choose a nutritional plan that feels comfortable and doable. If possible, reduce your plan to a simple-to-remember formula. For example, plan to eat a fruit or vegetable with each meal or snack, or set a fixed number of portions from each food group to eat every day. Keep your plan in your wallet and look at it before you buy your lunch. Also remember to drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration causes you to feel weak, tired, and light-headed. These symptoms also mimic hunger and may lead you to snack when all you really needed was water or juice. Drinking eight glasses of water a day will also help you feel more energetic and fit.

And finally, be sure to get enough shut-eye. Researchers at the University of Chicago report that chronic sleep loss can reduce the body's ability to perform basic metabolic functions such as processing and storing carbohydrates or regulating hormones. The scientists found that cutting sleep time from the standard 8 hours down to 4 hours produced striking changes in glucose tolerance and hormonal levels that mimicked the early stages of diabetes. Such changes could potentially derail your weight maintenance program.

Healthy, Filling Snacks

• Celery (3 stalks), 10 calories

• Broccoli, raw (3 stalks), 25 calories

• Carrot, raw, 30 calories

• Peach, raw, 40 calories

• Graham cracker (one whole), 50 calories

• Orange juice (1/2 cup), 55 calories

• Cantaloupe (half), 60 calories

• Bread, whole wheat (1 slice), 65 calories

• Apple, 80 calories

• Cottage cheese, 1 percent fat (1/2 cup), 80 calories

• Milk, low-fat (1 cup) 125 calories

• Potato, baked (plain), 140 calories

• Yogurt, low-fat (8 ounces), 100-250 calories

• Hard pretzel, (1, 1 ounce), 110 calories

Connect with Hunger
People who have never had a weight problem tend to eat when their body says "I'm hungry." But hunger signals may be a mystery to those of us who have been through various deprivation diets. Judith Matz, co-director of the Chicago Center for Overcoming Overeating, suggests it's possible to relearn to identify and respond to hunger signals and to eat when they occur. "With practice you can reconnect your eating with internal cues," she says. "Doing so helps you distinguish between a bodily urge for nourishment and the desire for emotional comfort from food." This doesn't mean you should never reach for food out of emotional hunger, but that you should know it when you do. Sometimes you may choose to satisfy an emotional hunger with food, but other times you may decide to fill it with a phone call to a good friend or another more direct satisfaction of your emotional needs.

If you often feel hungry between meals, consider adjusting your food choices. Some foods have "staying power," notes Sybil Ferguson of The Diet Center Program. They stay longer in your system, helping you feel more satisfied and energetic. Many foods low in calories, such as prepackaged convenience diet foods, are also low in "staying power" because they're digested quickly. Natural foods with lots of fiber, such as oatmeal, vegetables, and fruits—are helpful for maintenance because they take longer to chew and to digest, and they create a full feeling in your stomach.

Skipping meals, either because of time crunches or out of guilt from previous overeating, interferes with the steady state of satisfaction that makes maintenance easier. When the body has been deprived of food for many hours, your blood sugar level drops, leading to cravings for immediate energy boosts. Eating a balanced selection of foods on a consistent schedule helps stabilize your blood sugar level and hunger sensations, so you can continue to make intelligent decisions about eating.

Avoid Deprivation
A sense of deprivation ("oh, I wish I could eat that," "you're lucky, you can eat anything," "I used to be able to finish a whole cake at one sitting") is a prime enemy of long-term weight maintenance. Tyrannical diet programs do work well for short-term weight loss, but over the long haul, we all need to eat for pleasure as well as nourishment. Meals are among the most pleasurable social events in life, and it pays to learn to take pleasure in the foods that are good for you.

Keep a list of foods or dishes you particularly like that also fit in with weight maintenance. One man's list includes: pancakes with fresh strawberries, grilled mushrooms, mussels marinara, linguine with tomato sauce, crusty Italian bread, and sorbet. When he finds himself missing his old bacon, eggs, and steak diet, he treats himself to all of his favorite nutritious foods in the same day. It keeps his spirits up without expanding his waistline.

Whenever you feel hungry, there's always something you can eat that will be satisfying without threatening your weight stability. Try keeping the refrigerator stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables—especially when you'll be spending a lot of time at home for a few days. Treat yourself to exotic and out of season fruits and vegetables when they look inviting in the market. You're probably spending a lot less than you used to on meat and sweets, so this is not such an extravagance. Nibble on red peppers, fresh young carrots, and cucumbers dipped in a low-fat sauce (no-fat salad dressing makes a quickie dip).

Monitor Your Weight
Some people use the scale. Others keep a food journal. Still others check in with a certain skirt or pair of pants. But most successful weight maintainers use some kind of daily weight checkup. If they find they've put on a pound or two, they quickly try to ease themselves back on track. This may involve relaxation efforts, visualizing more nutritional eating, or being extra careful for a few days. But once a 5-pound gain has occurred, you should consider it a "weight emergency" and construct a relapse recovery plan.

Return from Relapse

"Everyone should expect to have slips from their weight maintenance program," says Professor James Hill. "The trick is not to let it go on too long. After you've gone off a routine for several days, it's easy to slip into complete relapse. The most important thing is to recover as soon as possible."

The first step in recovery is to identify the problem(s). List all possible reasons to finish the sentence, "I've started gaining weight again because . . . ." Your list may include: "I've been unable to exercise," "I've been too busy to grocery shop and cook," "I have the winter blahs," "I've been under a lot of stress," "I got tired of eating sensible foods."

Then adopt an optimistic stance about your ability to bounce back from hard times. Assume responsibility for your actions and beliefs—this puts you firmly in control of your future. Come up with some solutions for each of the stresses that undercut your program. For example, a new low-fat cookbook or cooking class can help you combat food boredom. If grocery shopping is the sore point, perhaps you can enlist a family member to help out.

When you've patched together a recovery plan to meet your needs, gather strength for the new change by tapping into your support network. Everyone needs at least one person to talk to about weight maintenance—someone who is positive and reinforces your decisions. If you were part of a formal weight-loss program, check in with the support group whenever you need to recover from a lapse.

Relapses can be a bit humiliating. After all, you may have spent 18 months carefully keeping yourself in nutritional balance, and now, in what seems like a short time, you've gained 10 pounds. But focusing on your own strengths, remembering previous accomplishments, and setting realistic goals for the future can soon have you back on the maintenance track.

Most of all, keep in mind that it won't always be this hard. An article in Obesity Research reports that the risk of regaining weight seems to decrease over time, and those who've maintained weight loss for an extended period don't need as much effort to keep the weight off.

Feed Your Emotional Needs

The trick to avoiding relapses—and coping with those that occur—is to remember that you're a capable, lovable human being who can accomplish your goals. Nurturing your own self-esteem can help you cope with the stress and burnout that so often lead to overeating. When you feel tired, bored, quick to anger, withdrawn, rigid and ineffective, you're most apt to abandon your nutritional program. It helps to remember the positive side of your weight-loss experience: feelings of being in control, reaching goals, making peace with your appetite, taking care of yourself. It's easy to believe in yourself when things are going well. It's when the going gets tough that you need to reinforce your self-confidence.

Making positive life changes that improve your body and mind are a good way to foster self-esteem. Consider taking a stimulating class or workshop, or try a new exercise program, such as fencing, basketball, or power walking. Developing a relaxation ritual, which may involve breathing exercises, chanting, or muscle tension and relaxation, is another excellent technique for caring for yourself.

The Maintenance Mantra
Why do you want to maintain your weight loss? What's the most important factor for you? The reasons vary from person to person. For some, lowering blood pressure or a high cholesterol level is most important. For others, cosmetic concerns loom largest. Naming your motivation proudly and loudly, at least to yourself, can help you stay on track.

"Usually people go out and lose as much weight as they can, then see how much they can keep off," notes Professor Hill. "Maybe we should do the reverse. First, make the right nutritional changes, then, based on our ability to stick with them, accept the resulting weight."

Source: From the PDR® Family Guide to Nutrition and Health™

Copyright ©2004 Thomson Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. privacy policy | about | license & disclaimer

nikkijo
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
:eating2: I am addicted to pita pizza:jeno: I have been eating it for dinner every night :eating2:

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I am making it tonight. I know just what you mean.

deetsmom
03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the article:)

On the pizza...I made one with 1/2 english muffin today, it was so good...

nikkijo
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the article:)

On the pizza...I made one with 1/2 english muffin today, it was so good...
That sounds really good too. Question: How often do you all get measured? I was only measured on my first visit and haven't been measured since. Maybe I need to ask to get measured. Also I am supposed to do a visit where I fill our an evaluation and get a coupon for 25% off products. Did you all do that?:?:

Gamababa3
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I get measured every 4 weeks, but I usually have to remind them. I know I got a coupon for $10 off products, but I don't remember why I got it. I think it was some kind of welcome letter with it.

LadyIzzy
03-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Hello and Happy March, February sure went by fast.

Welcome to any Newbies on board and Yahoo to the losers and maintainers. All of your pictures are nice. Keep it up.

I have a question. Please advise what the colors are and what foods you can have. I know the following:

RED PLAN (PPp, VVVV, FFF, SSS, D, Fa, LAL-LAL)

PURPLE PLAN (PP, VVVV, FFF, SS, D, Fa, LAL-LAL)

BLUE PLAN (PPp, VVV, FFF, SSS, D, Fa, LAL-LAL) approx. 2oz. less of protein

GOLD PLAN (PP, VVV, FFF, SS, D, Fa, LAL-LAL) I think

Appreciate any input. Thanks

deetsmom
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Katie- I know you are a big fan of the Ice Breakers Sours... I was looking at them at the store tonight..are they REALLY sour?! The label was a flippin' WARNING on them, LOL!!! Also, what do you count them as? Thanks!

Repo girl
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Deets- They are pretty sour, not warheads sour, but good sour. Shennie's center said that you don't have to count them at all, but not to eat a whole tin in a day, LOL. I cannot eat more than about 5 at a time anyway, or my mouth gets a little bit sore. The soreness goes away really fast though, so don't let that scare you off. Warning: Do not let your kids try these, or they will steal them out of your purse and eat them all!!

pinkflamingo68
03-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone and happy March. It was almost 80 degrees here in Texas today, I wish we had some of you Northern chicks' rain and cold-I'm not ready for 110-plus YET.

I really appreciated the long article about maintenance. I was talking to my 105-lb best girlfriend (life just isn't fair, but...) and she was teling me specifically what she will and won't eat..., and when during the day, we hadn't really talked about that before...It never really occured to me that naturally skinny people really have to work at it, too.

Question-
What plan comes below Gold (w/lites), and when do you move down there? Shennie, you might be there??

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

Ange

deetsmom
03-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Green is below Gold, its one less fruit and one less veggie..its TORTURE and I didnt lose on it so they put me back on Gold. Green is for when you are within 10 pounds of your "ideal" weight on their little chart for your height.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow - March already and only 8 more days until my Baby turns 2!!! I'm excited and sad too - She is growing up so quick. I was really exctied this morning b/c I put her hair in pig tails - one on each side for the very first time - the last time I tried it they stuck straight out like sticks!!! I was so excited - took pictures and everything - if I upload later - I will share!

I feel so lost on here now since my vacation - I've been so busy and you girls are soooo chatty!!

Katie - Savannah loves my ice breakers too - but she only likes specific ones, so if she gets one she doesn't like - mommy has to eat that one until she finds her favorite - it is too funny!!!Your playroom area sounds wonderful - My den is Savnnah's playroom - but it allows her to be creative so it is okay...I clean up when she goes to bed.......

Deets - definitely try them - I'm not a sour person either - but I do like the purple tin the best! I think the green tin are a little more sour or bitter tasting....

Sznn - Thanks for the wonderful article - I have printed and will read it later on.......and I love the comment about professional procrastinator - My DH fits that description perfectly!!! Good luck on TO!!!

Shennie - You are doing so wonderful - You are definitely an inspiration - I hope your dr. appt went well!!!

Saddle - Glad to see you back!!

Congrats to all the other losers and welcome to any of the newbies I've missed - I haven't been able to keep like I usually do since my vacation - but I'm trying......

Good day to all!!!

CandlePrincess
03-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Good morning ladies! I am back to work today after being home with a sick little one for the past two days! He didn't have a fever all day yesterday and I am just hoping he won't have any more breathing issues. I am only 2 mins from daycare if he does...but wow he scared me. I am convinced he just wanted to test the EMS (emergency Mommy system!)

My DH and I were talking last night and he asked me if continuing to stay on LAWL was really worth it. I have to pay at least one more month before they will stop taking money out...but it just keeps getting harder and harder to stay OP. All you ladies with families do you cook for them and then fix your dinner or what? The bad thing is I know I can work this plan. I've seen results but I am having the hardest time getting it done now. Any advice would be appreciated, and if I sound like a broken record, forgive me. I think with all going on I've reached the frazzled mode!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Heather - Glad you are back !!!

Speaking of vacation ;) We leave in 15 days :carrot: I am so excited !! We are taking the kids to Myrtle Beach, we have never been there before. This is our first real family vacation !!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 08:56 AM

Speaking of vacation ;) We leave in 15 days :carrot: I am so excited !! We are taking the kids to Myrtle Beach, we have never been there before. This is our first real family vacation !!!

Thanks - I've been back, but not on the boards much - trying to catch up at work - YUCK!!!

Well hopefully you will get some nice weather on vacation - I'm in NC and our weather is so up and down - yesterday - 74 today - 80, but then tomorrow - back down into the 50's!!!!!

marbear
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Heather CP, if LAWL is a financial strain, have you thought about doing what me and Heather PP do? We do the program on our own at home. I just have xeroxes of my brother'inlaws food guide (his is red, so I have to subtract on the proteins and such since I'm on gold now). I also got a pdf on my email...it's pretty outdated but it helps with some things like what plan is what. I've lost all 31 lbs using Lunas and this board as a replacement for Lites and the accountability of the center. I know this is something that not everyone can do (b/c I know I don't have the dedication to schlep to the center regularly), but if you think you can do it we are here to support you...just don't throw ANYTHING out ;)

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks - I've been back, but not on the boards much - trying to catch up at work - YUCK!!!

Well hopefully you will get some nice weather on vacation - I'm in NC and our weather is so up and down - yesterday - 74 today - 80, but then tomorrow - back down into the 50's!!!!!

Sounds like y'll are having the same type of weather we are having in Missouri ... its been in the 70's this week, which is very unusualy for this time of year :dizzy: I am just hoping it doesn't rain the week we are there ;)

marbear
03-02-2006, 09:03 AM
plus I think there is an msn group with pdfs of all the plans...I have joined it a couple of times for recipe ideas. Regina (ewewho) is a member of that group.

Mary
btw, 174.5 today, I'll see if it sticks before I move the ticker...

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Heather CP, if LAWL is a financial strain, have you thought about doing what me and Heather PP do? We do the program on our own at home. I just have xeroxes of my brother'inlaws food guide (his is red, so I have to subtract on the proteins and such since I'm on gold now). I also got a pdf on my email...it's pretty outdated but it helps with some things like what plan is what. I've lost all 31 lbs using Lunas and this board as a replacement for Lites and the accountability of the center. I know this is something that not everyone can do (b/c I know I don't have the dedication to schlep to the center regularly), but if you think you can do it we are here to support you...just don't throw ANYTHING out ;)

AMEN!!!! to what Mary said, and I know there are a few more on here doing it on their own too - Leah and Norissa and a few others. The best part is that the ones who do go to the COD still share their awesome knowledge like Katie, Deets and Shennie - everyone is here for the same reason and I think this board is great support!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Mary - Congrats on the loss - looks like you are moving in the right direction and hopefully the bleeding from yesterday is actually TOM - You've made such wonderful progress so far!!!

Norissa - I hope for your sake you have beautiful weather!!! Usually our cold spells don't last too long, so you have a good possibility

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Heather, When you mention Savannah's birthday, it reminded me that my DD Mataya turns 5 on the 14th. She wants to have her party at Leo's Place, sort of like Chucky Cheese. I am trying to talk her out of it. We have had too many parties there already. The commotion is unreal, and the kids run off and play the whole time, so the GPs and everyone hardly get to see them. Now that my house is finished it would be nice to do it here. Maybe if we did a Dora theme, with a pinata and all? I also wondered about doing a Victorian themed tea party for her and the rest of the girls in the family. We big girls in the family go to this place called the Sheffield Mansion for tea for birthday parties and stuff. I just don't know. Gotta go feed the troops. Catch you chickies later!!!!

m_everett
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Hello there ladies....

Haven't been around in a while.....it's been one heck of a busy and stressful week. You all seem to be doing great!!! :bravo:

I weighed in on Tuesday and was down a pound since Saturday- not too bad. I am now .2 away from my first decade.... I've been on the plan for 2 months and have yet to lose 10 pounds and I have 40 more to go before late June. When I dwell on it I get really discouraged and I think that I'm never going to make it. Sorry I'm being such a baby :stress:- I'm PMSing hardcore.... I just want to start this month off on the right foot and doing some 'catching up'. I'm just glad that I have a place to vent....:^:

I hope you all have a great OP day!!

-Marisa ;)

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Marisa- Sorry things are going slow for you. A decade move is huge, though. Slowly but surely, right?

HeatherCP- I know that it is hard to get to the point that life is seamless. Especially with kids. I really want you to know that I commend you for being foster parents. The world needs more wonderful people like you and your DH. I looked into foster parenting once. I actually was halfway through the application process when I backed out. A friend of mine was taking only drug babies, and really encouraged me to take them as well, since I have so much early childhood education. I still wonder about taking a baby, very conflicted about this. Something inside keeps telling me I am supposed to do this, yet my head keeps saying, "Are you crazy?!" Oh well. I guess I need to think harder about this subject. About meals, the fly lady has a friend named Leanne Ely who is a home economist. She has a website called savingdinner.com. You can print a week of sample menus, complete with a shopping list. I did the low carb ones, and they were easily made LAWL worthy, and very easy. She also has slow cooker menus so that you could come home from work to dinner being ready. I would try this for a few weeks if I were you, before you bag LAWL. You have already had such a great loss. Please don't quit on yourself!! If you need help converting recipes to be lawl friendly, let me know, I would be happy to help.

Chklithunder
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone!

We had a storm last night that left our house without power this morning. I missed an important meeting becuz I was late for work :o . What a way to start the day, let me tell you. On the plus side, I am down another lb so the total so far since I did TO last week is 5 lbs. Its SO GOOD to see the scale moving downward again. Now to just keep plugging away.

Norissa - I LOVE Myrtle Beach! I think we will be there for a few days in June, as our family reunion is going to be in Columbia one weekend in June. Since we will be down that way, we are thinking of spending some time in MB either before or after the reunion. The last time we were there we stayed at the Landmark resort, right on the beach. It was great! There is so much to do there too! You will have a ball there, enjoy!

Beanie - What do you mean you hate your pic? You're pretty, and like someone else said, your kind spirit is written all over your face. Have you compared your current picture to any "before" pictures?

Candle - I know its easier said than done, put please try not to get discouraged. I have been there and as a result ended up gaining back all but 15 lbs of my original weight. I am moving downward again, but when I think about how much less I could weigh right now if I'd only hung in there, I am almost sick with remorse. I was finding it extremely difficult to find things that my fam would eat that are on plan, but I kept experimenting and experimenting and sure enough I was able to come up with some goodies. I have a DH and 2 DSs who like to eat. DH is all about burgers, pizza, anything fattening and he is not about to change the way he eats, which was making it a little more difficult for me when dinnertime came, but then I thought about it and there came a point when I could see that unless I stuck to my guns I'd be fat forever. So I told the menfolk that when it came to dinner, they only had 2 choices, eat or don't eat! :lol: Sure did! So if DH doesn't want what I've prepared, he has the option of cooking for himself or getting take out. A lot of the things I make for myself and the DSs I can modify so that DH will find them edible. For instance, I make turkey melts often for us. I'll take a slice of light bread, my cheese and turkey, cut the bread in half and build my sandwich, then spray the bread with Pam and then cook it on the Foreman grill until the cheese melts and the bread is browned. For the rest of the fam, the recipe is the same, except they get whole sandwiches instead of halves. I may serve them with soup and salad, or fries and applesauce for them. When I make spaghetti and tacos, I used ground white meat turkey now instead of beef, use approved seasonings and while they have tacos I put my meat over lettuce, and when we have spaghetti now its with whole wheat pasta. The recipes on the at home site look very good, and there are plenty of things out there I am dying to try on the fam. Also, try this...Organize your fridge everyday, putting your OP foods at eye level, and any junk that the rest of the fam will eat on the lower shelves, out of your sight. For me, out of sight is out of mind. That REALLY helps me to stay OP in the evenings and on weekends when I am home. Above all else, look at your ticker! Do you see how far you've come? :cp: Don't give up the good fight Take it one day at a time, and remember your chickies are here for you! :hug:

Whoa there, got long winded (sorry)! For all you other Chickies out there, here's to a great POP day :cheers:!

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Carmen! 5 lbs is so great!! Good advice to Heather. I want to try the turkey melts too. They sound great. I have the same rule you do. Eat it, or fend for yourself. My DH will buy the stuff and cook naughty things sometimes for him and the kids, but for the most part, he just eats what I make. My poor kids never get treats anymore. Recently at my moms, DS who is six, ate 8 cupcakes. My mom was dumbfounded. I figure he is just getting it while the getting is good.

Chklithunder
03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Katie (aka Hot Mama) - Thanks for the compliment you are so sweet and LOL about the cupcakes! My youngest would do that too if he could - he's a sugar addict. As it is now, they are always dying to get to grandma's because she always has goodies for them. Lately here I've been buying little treats for them to have for dessert, because they've been eating such healthy dinners now.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Katie - 8 cupcakes ... oh my goodness ... was he sick afterwards ?

Carmen - Congrats on the 5lbs !! :carrot: I am really looking forward to our vacation, we really have no set plans other than to RELAX !!! We are right on the beach ... I am getting real excited !! lol

Rebeca
03-02-2006, 11:34 AM

I live in Myrtle Beach, and let me tell you... You are going to love this town! There is so much to do! Everything is sooo beautiful and the weather if phenomenal!!! I hope you guyz have a great time and if you need any info on how to get around just let me know! I will be your walking/talking tourism guide!!!

angelica1674
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I know I am saving all of my books in case I would ever need them again. I also ask for extra food diary's. So I have a few blank purple and now I have 2 gold. I will tuck them away just in case! Hey , do you all know whenever we are totally done with are weight loss,stabilation,and maintence can we still come in and buy the lites or their other products? I dont see why not if we have been a client. They would be making money from the sales.

Anyways, good morning chickies! Been busy today.I have a house I clean on thursdays(extra 75 bucks!!) I was up .5 today but I just think its my body adjusting after the TO. So I was fine with it! Has anyone had the Slim Down meal replacements? OMG I had the chocolate last night and it was fantastic!!! I had to buy the chocolate cause they were out of the vanilla(Ive only tried the strawberry and the vanilla but strawberry was nasty). I havent had the chocolate cause Im not a big chocolate fan inless its a chocolate bar. Since they were out of the other I thought was the heck Ill try it, If I dont like it mu husband will drink them. I am glad I did they were great!!!YUMMY.

Oh I have great news about my daughter science fair project~ They got A blue ribbon!!!!!:dancer: I was so proud of them. I took the girls out to DQ to celabrate!! I was even a good girl and only had a lite bar and water:D

Good luck today on being POP. I think its getting a little easier for me to be POP cause of the weather. When its cold ,thats weather for comfort foods and foods you just cant have!!.When its warm and nice you just want to eat healthy(fresh fruit and veggies and grilling meat)pluse gotta look good for shorts!! I am hoping I will wear shorts this summer. I havent for 4 years!!I always think my legs look fat.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me motivated. You all are really great friends even though we have never met!!!Maybe someday we should all meet somewhere that is the middle of where everybody lives and have a big party and meet each other.It would be ALOT of fun with all of us crazy chickies;)

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I live in Myrtle Beach, and let me tell you... You are going to love this town! There is so much to do! Everything is sooo beautiful and the weather if phenomenal!!! I hope you guyz have a great time and if you need any info on how to get around just let me know! I will be your walking/talking tourism guide!!!

LOL Thanks Rebeca ...

Actually I do have a question ... do you know if the Build A Bear is open yet ? I am not sure exactly where it is yet, or even if there is more than one ;)

hkychik
03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Good morning Chickies! Wow, I'm gonna have to start shooing the kids out the door earlier - It's only 8:30 here and I have 1 1/2 pages of reading to catch up on. What a chatty bunch of hens in the mornings!

HeatherCP, I totally understand where you are coming from. My family lives on the run in the evenings - usually right smack in the middle of the dinner hour, and we are sooooo used to just throwing together something simple that can either cook while we are out, or only takes a few minutes to heat when we get home. With the help of the plan gurus here, I am slowly learning to make cooking changes that are OP. For those nights I just can't manage it, I have some OP frozen meals, or keep reduced fat peanut butter and baby carrots around - I love carrots with PB on them. It doesn't seem so much like I am cooking separate meals for me and the family. I had a major meltdown just a couple weeks into the program, and sat in the car sobbing because I nothing OP in the house that I could make a meal for the entire family on. I ended up running to the corner market, and staring at the frozen dinners for 20 minutes before picking up the best of an icky sounding lot. I managed to make it to the driveway, then just sat in the car and sobbed and sobbed. I was so ready to quit. BUT.... like I said, with the help and support of the folks here, I was able to move past it, and live with it. After all, the end product is what I'm here for!:hug:

Rebeca
03-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Repo girl! You LOOK soooo Good!!! I am watching you ticker moving non stop its making me sooo jealous!!! Lol (its the good green eyed kind of monter)

Leah- Thanks for all of the support.. Let me know how you are doing!!!

Moneek_ Keep up the good work! I know how hard it is to manage school, work and all of the other things we have to go through! Its soo hard but keep it up, you are looking sexy girl!

As you guyz can tell i am in a great mood today! Hubby is being great! After all that we went though i think its just a learning process! These little marriage crisis that all couples go though to learn about each other!
Yesterday I did soooo good! Fruits for breakfast..salad for lunch, and dinner I wasnt too hungry i had a cup of green beans with butter and a yogurt! I also got my YMCA membership! I am having aerobics two days a week and the rest of the week i will try to push myself to work out a little! I also have a gazelle at home where i work out when i have a little bit of time!

I am scaping from COD since my home scale is being a B**** to me! Lets see how things goes today and tomorrow and maybe i will stop by then on sat morning!

Thanks for all of the support and the maintance article was GREAT!
It really hit me when it talked about fat being an obstacle for the attraction from opposite sex! I think somehow thats what happened to me!
Thanks for Sharing!

Rebeca
03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
LOL Thanks Rebeca ...

Actually I do have a question ... do you know if the Build A Bear is open yet ? I am not sure exactly where it is yet, or even if there is more than one ;)

Build a bear is open and its located at Broadway at the Beach (where most attractions are)! Broadway is on 21st Avenue North you cannot miss it!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Build a bear is open and its located at Broadway at the Beach (where most attractions are)! Broadway is on 21st Avenue North you cannot miss it!

YAY !! My kids are really looking forward to this and saving their $$ (of course DH and I will help ;) ) We decided to let them go to Build A Bear instead of getting of a lot of little stuff ... hopefully they will enjoy making a special memory from their vacation ;)

SyracuseNY
03-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Repro girl: Love the new picture! Very flattering. Not that your other one was bad, but we can see you better in this one and you're just beautiful! Are you the one with evil MIL and SIL that doesn't compliment you on your WL success? If so, they are just plain jealous (the green eye'd monster is giving me a slight kick of that too). Now that I see your update, just think to yourself "Eat your heart out" each time they ignore your success. Believe me, they are jealous! Secretly you can be doing this:rofl: ! WTG!

Rebeca: I will be staying in Surfside Beach in May. Can you give me some highlights of the area in a PM? Restauants. Shopping idea or things not to miss? I love the area, but my job keeps in here in the North for now at least.

I have printed the rest of the posts so I can read them offline and catch up. Maybe I found a way to keep up with everyone.

Hugs, Sy

CandlePrincess
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Katie: 8 cupcakes in one sitting...LOL my best friends 5 year old would do that too. She is really concerned that come summer we won't have the "frozen sticks" (the pop ices).

For all who have offered support THANK YOU! I think we've just had so much change in the last month that I was starting a mini meltdown. I am just going to have to take the time to plan things and make it happen. It will be so worth it in the long run, and I want to change my picture too! I also have to remember if the family is eating like me..then they are eating well and maybe these children won't have bad habits to break in the future. I am not giving up by any means. I am feeling better and looking better than I have in many moons...so I just shift and re focus and come back stronger!

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Good for you Heather!!

Sy- Thanks for the kind words chickie. EMIL has now decided to join LAWL. Wonder why? LOL

Rebeca- SO glad things are working out better for you and DH. Great about the YMCA, too.

Lori- I remember when you had that meltdown. Funny how once you get the hang of cooking this way, you can see how it can become a permanent lifestyle change, can't you?

I just made a shake that rivals DQ. Well, anyway, I am going to tell myself that, LOL. 1/2 c skim milk, 1 whole frozen banana, and a healthy squirt of SF Hersheys syrup. Very good.

Rebeca
03-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Repro girl: Love the new picture! Very flattering. Not that your other one was bad, but we can see you better in this one and you're just beautiful! Are you the one with evil MIL and SIL that doesn't compliment you on your WL success? If so, they are just plain jealous (the green eye'd monster is giving me a slight kick of that too). Now that I see your update, just think to yourself "Eat your heart out" each time they ignore your success. Believe me, they are jealous! Secretly you can be doing this:rofl: ! WTG!

Rebeca: I will be staying in Surfside Beach in May. Can you give me some highlights of the area in a PM? Restauants. Shopping idea or things not to miss? I love the area, but my job keeps in here in the North for now at least.

I have printed the rest of the posts so I can read them offline and catch up. Maybe I found a way to keep up with everyone.

Hugs, Sy

Surfside is only about ten minutes from Downtown MB
Therefore you can still have a great time in here!
My favorite places in Surfside are:
River City Cafe
(843) 232-9797
11 N Seaside Dr
Surfside Beach, SC 29575

Latitude 22
(843) 232-9796
Surfside Dr
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

There are not many touristical atractions there but if you keep going north for about 10 min you will be righ at downtown mb, where all the stores and the pavilion are located! At 21st avenue North you will find Broadway at the beach where the hottest clubs and restaurants are!

Hope you have a great time!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow - I thought I was doing good today keeping caught up - I come back from lunch and all the west coaster's are chatting away!!!

katie - that is hilarious about the cupcakes - Savannah would probably just eat all the icing. It is funny - used to - she wouldn't touch anything sweet - now she loves it - I actually bought her sugar free for valentines - that way, if she wants one - if wouldn't keep her up too late.....

HeatherCP - Everyone has give great advice already, but I just wanted to say - keep your head up. All the changes you've been through is enough to make anyone second guess things. No matter what - us chickies are here to support you. You're doing great@!!!

Sy - Good to see you around and I totally understand about keeping up!!!

Rebeca -never realized you were so close - I'm in NC - about 5 hours from Myrtle!!!

Norissa - The kids will love the build a bear - they are so neat!!!

Oh my friend started her TO today - she is doing great so far!!!

rad7775
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Good March to all of you!
Rebecca Nice to see you again, I hope that everything is fine with you and DH.

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Just made a really great lunch and wanted to share...i took ground turkey, cooked it up with cumin, garlic, onion powder, ML and chili powder..then on the plate I arranged it with a whole chopped tomato with a touch of cilantro and green onion with a tbsp of ff sour cream...VERY filling and yummy.

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
A few words on stabilization....
I really advise you guys to lose 3-5 pounds less than you originally wanted when youre at the tail end. Its "normal" according to the COD and all the publications there to expect 2-5 pounds up in stabilization, upwards of 4 in maintennance. Mine is back to 134 but it DOES fluctuate. Im glad I initially lowered my goal to be a little under. Also, THERE IS A TON of food, its not even funny:( You will be getting an extra fruit, two veggies, a starch, fat, dairy and 1/2 protein more...at least thats for my plan. It's gradual, but its A LOT.

We had a visiting counselor from Dallas, TX today- she was not at all like our regular counselors and it was a welcome change. She was all decked out, beautiful suit with 4" heels and the whitest teeth I have ever seen - besdes which she was very well versed in the program. Plus she just started writting all over my journal, I was like, "what the...."

She seemed utterly shocked at all of the trouble I have had with the program but its nice cos I should be seeing her for the next 2-3 weeks, which is nice for getting a different point of view. It was cute for us New England people to hear her tell my kids to "come on back real soon, now".

Its snowing here today, the second my son got off the bus for early dismissal it totally stopped. Some "snow storm", LOL!!! They've got to be kidding me....

marbear
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Deets, even a flurry gets kids out of school in Alabama, and I've noticed people in Houston can't even drive in the RAIN. They slow down to a snail's pace like they have never driven in inclement weather before.

I tried to get Eli to do Build-A-Bear, but we just wasn't into it. I'm not forcing my kid to let me spend money on them, so after about 10 minutes of going over the choices and handing him bears and him refusing, we just left. He wasn't even sad. Build-A-Train workshop or something, it might be a different story. He' sjust not into stuffed stuff.

I went to the thrift store for some inbetween clothes. I got a L pair of overalls, tried on size 10 jeans (no, they didn't fit and wont' for 2-3 more inches around), tried on L pants from the gap (were falling off of me). My 16 pants are sagging and not looking so nice anymore. I just don't want to buy 14s, though...I seriously want to wait until the 12s because I think they are coming very soon.

Mary

rad7775
03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi mary:
Take them to the taylor, they can fix it until you reach te 12s.

Repo girl
03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
That is great about the sizes, Mary. We have a college here that brings in students from all over the world. Every year when it starts snowing I totally avoid the campus for few weeks. Not only are they terrible drivers, the pedestrians walk right out in front of you like you can stop on a dime. It seems like every year at least one student gets ran over in the winter. I think that a lot of them have never even seen snow before.

marbear
03-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Milca, I could just be like that SNL gap skit and "cinch it." That's one step above MOM jeans, though.

Ok, does anybody know any recipes for Cuban bread? I found a recipe for homemade bread, but I was thinking of just buying french bread and trying to make a bruschetta type thing, but Cuban instead of Italian. We are going to a Cuban themed dinner (joy of joys :rolleyes: -pork and black beans) and I have to do the bread. Over half of the people there are from other countries (Poland, Germany, Canada), and I have learned it is NOT fun to play board games with foreigners. I played taboo with them last time and those girls couldn't get RACCOON to save their life. They just have a totally different set of references.

marbear
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
The guy from Canada plays all the "pop culture" games well, but he's a guy and I get the GIRLS on my team...Hubby rubbed that victory in so much I wanted to smack him.

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Over half of the people there are from other countries (Poland, Germany, Canada), and I have learned it is NOT fun to play board games with foreigners. I played taboo with them last time and those girls couldn't get RACCOON to save their life. They just have a totally different set of references.

ROFLMAO...

It reminds me of my best friends wedding video where her Ukranian husband was scratching his head and trying to not look ridiculous when the DJ payed a song from Grease and busted out the faux leather jackets and shades..:dizzy: TOO FUNNY

brittyboo07
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
My goodness we are chatty the first few days of March!!

I have been gone for about 2 weeks nothing new here have stayed the same weight wise. I have been so busy with school and the office that if there is a moment to breath i lean back in my chair instead of getting on here lol. We should be able to start moving into our new office next week. Cross your fingers. Then I will have a little more time. I am on spring break next week as well. But not much of a break with moving into the new office and working on lesson plans and unit plans for classes. I hope you are all doing well and I will try and get caught up with yall ASAP.

Britt

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Britt - Glad to see you back - good thing that you are maintaining with your busy schedule - HOpe school is going good - we miss you!

brittyboo07
03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Heather!! Thanks chick im glad to be back. School is going great but I have so much to do in the next week or so before i go out to teach for a week in the schools. I had a midterm today and i finished up teaching 4 4th graders a fraction unit. They took a test on it and i had 2 A's 1 B and an F have to finishe doing an assessment on their test and then i will be done with that. So what all is new here? I am trying to catch up lol that might take a while. Also is the site running really slow for anyone else? What all have i missed anything big?

Britt

rad7775
03-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Britt:
I thought it was my computer but is the site, is very slow today.
Milca

Chklithunder
03-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey Britt! Good to see you. Keeping busy as always I see. How are things with your DPs and their plan?

sznn
03-02-2006, 05:07 PM
T/O day 2 - not feeling particularly starving. But I sure do look forward to those Luna bars (sans bugs).
Happy news the scale read 151.9 this am:carrot:
Not going to claim that yet - needs to show up 3 consecutive days to announce victory.

Just recieved a new pair of jeans that I bought off ebay last week. They fit like a glove - very flattering and make the old butt look small - great feat for any pair of jeans!!!!
So glad I am doing T/O though - because they fit very small and a few more ounces would have given me old 'muffin top'.

Deets - you recommend a 3-4 pd buffer zone then, before heading to maintanence-ville?? I was kind of counting on doing that after realizing that I can pack on 4lbs in one w/e:(

-S

Chklithunder
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Sznn - CONGRATS on the TO success! And the jeans too. :dancer:

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I just made a yummy recipe from the new cookbook that isnt on the LAWL at home site, it was really simple and I dont have the book in front of me, but heres the idea:

Pork a'la Orange with Carrots

First you sautee strips of pork or an actual pork chop in a pan sprayed with Pam. When its cooked through, you add the following to the pan: 1/3 c orange juice (I added grated zest as well), 2Tbsp water and I think it was like 1Tbsp cornstarch. Also some soy sauce and ginger. Im a real hands on cook, so I just used a splash of soy sauce and a bit of ginger, I have no idea how much. This simmers down into a nice sauce, throw the pork back in to coat and I added chopped green onion (like I do on EVERYTHING I cook practically!).

I steamed baby carrots with this, which really was the perfect compliment and for DH and the kids, brown rice.

If I had had more time, I would have glazed the carrots by draining them, then adding a bit of orange juice, simmering it all down, then adding a bit of splenda brown sugar and lite butter before serving.

Talk about cooking for the family- its really very do-able and it was DELICIOUS too!

deetsmom
03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Deets - you recommend a 3-4 pd buffer zone then, before heading to maintanence-ville?? I was kind of counting on doing that after realizing that I can pack on 4lbs in one w/e:(

-S

YES I really do!

nikkijo
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Katie- I know you are a big fan of the Ice Breakers Sours... I was looking at them at the store tonight..are they REALLY sour?! The label was a flippin' WARNING on them, LOL!!! Also, what do you count them as? Thanks!
I just got back from walmart and bought the green and purple. I LOVE THEM!

Mom2Abby
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi Everyone--I've been MIA this week because I've been soooo sick. Since last FRiday--I've had laryngitis and now that I'm SLOOOOOWLY getting my voice back (still have that sexy throaty thing going on--but hey, who's complaining?)--I now have a stomach bug! And, DH has been away all week and I've been taking care of my sick 6 month old on top of that--this week SUCKED. I w/i tomorrow morning. I should definately see something MAJOR after all I went through with my tummy this week.

Glad to see a March thread--yay spring is coming! Sending good OP vibes to all of you! I'll be back after w/i tomorrow.

mrsbeanie
03-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Mom2Abby - sorry you have been so sick and to have a sick baby to boot has got to be the pits! I hope that you are feeling better soon. Awfully convenient for DH to be gone this week! LOL

rad7775
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Mom 2 Abby
I wish you and your baby get better soon!

Leah AU mom
03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Deets, even a flurry gets kids out of school in Alabama, and I've noticed people in Houston can't even drive in the RAIN. They slow down to a snail's pace like they have never driven in inclement weather before.

I tried to get Eli to do Build-A-Bear, but we just wasn't into it. I'm not forcing my kid to let me spend money on them, so after about 10 minutes of going over the choices and handing him bears and him refusing, we just left. He wasn't even sad. Build-A-Train workshop or something, it might be a different story. He' sjust not into stuffed stuff.

I went to the thrift store for some inbetween clothes. I got a L pair of overalls, tried on size 10 jeans (no, they didn't fit and wont' for 2-3 more inches around), tried on L pants from the gap (were falling off of me). My 16 pants are sagging and not looking so nice anymore. I just don't want to buy 14s, though...I seriously want to wait until the 12s because I think they are coming very soon.

Mary
LOL about snow in AL. You're right Mary, one mention of a flurry here and every grocery store will sell out of milk and bread. Any "white stuff" that sticks and call it a "snow day" Although my oldest daughter is 8, and she can't remember the last time it snowed here. She was about 4.

marbear
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Leah, I was SO mad b/c I wanted to stay in Houston for Christmas 2005 (Eli's first) but DH wrangled us to MS to see his family (last time we'll EVER DO THAT AGAIN). Anyway, it ended up and snowed here...first white Christmas in YEARS AND YEARS...maybe ever. SO angry about that!

Mary

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Good morning chickies!!

Mom2Abby - I hope you are starting to feel better - It is rough not feeling well and having to take care of a sick kid too - Sending you lots of well wishes!!! Good luck with your W/I - hope you get good results - especially for what you've been through to get them too!!!

Sznn - Congrats on TO success and the jeans!! I just bought some capris and jeans off ebay - of course, now the jeans are going to be too big - but I guess I can just try to resale them - I fell in love with the old navy at waist - and found some. When I put my others on - now they are big and don't hug the but just right anymore - OH well!! I guess that is a good thing - the butt is disappearing!

Britt - There is so much new here - I have a hard time keeping up - but everyone is losing great!!! Seems like 2006 is being nice to all of us on the scale front!!!

Deets - Thanks for the awesome recipes - I need to get my chef hat on and try some new food!! I'm sure my DH would appreciate it too - he fixed some awesome ground sirloin burgers with onions and mushrooms.......yummy!!! Of course, the scale showed the beef, but I'm not worried - hopefully it will be gone after cardio today.

WEll, I guess I better get my butt to work - Here's wishing everyone a POP day!!

and by the way - TGIF!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Barbara - where are you?

marbear
03-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey y'all, question:
What do the LA Slimdown Meal Replacment Shakes replace exactly? P and S??? Also, how many calories/protein are in a slimdown. I am thinking of doing them some b/c I REALLY want to be a 10 or a 12 by the wedding and I am a 14 now.

Last night hubby got the "hubba hubba" look in his eyes and was like "Good Lord, you are SO SKINNY." Ha! I wouldn't say I'm wasting away exactly, but it was so sweet to get noticed. Then again, we haven't been able to do anything "romantic" during this m/c, so I'm sure he's blind by now :devil:

Rebeca
03-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Purplepirate99- I never realized you were in NC either. My best friend lives inRaleigh so I go up there a lot.

Rad7775- That’s for all of the help. DH is being a darling now… He is trying to make time for me and being nice…some things all couples go through I guess.

My home scale is being sweet...it read 181.8... I am not changing the ticker until i get WI at COD! I did my aerobics this morning and let me tell ya...it kicked my b*tt! I was sweating like crazy! I had to be there 6:30 in the morning...sooo early but it was worthy! I did had a donut yesterday though...couldnt help it... my boss brought it to me in my desk with a coffee and i couldnt refuse it! I think she is trying to sabotage me! Well, I only had one and worked it out this morning!

I will chat with ya later chickies...

Have a great OP Day!

sznn
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Mary - my booklet says the slimdown shake is 1P + 1S

Heather - Thanks - can't wait to wear my new jeans today:carrot:
I feel really lucky that they fit so well right out of the box - I've never tried on this brand before - so it was dumb luck!

Finished day 2 of T/O without too much depravation. I did have a nibble of some of the topping of DH's pizza, but other than that was completely on track.
Much to my chagrin - the scale hasn't budged since yesterday AM:mad:
still @ 151.9.....no 140's!!!
This last stretch is really making me work for it.

Very happy to have my oatmeal this AM though.
Happy POP day all.
-S

marbear
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
My scale said 173.5 again today, so if it repeats tomorrow I will change my ticker.

Still wondering about the cals in a slimdown (I know now it is 20 g protein). Has anyone had a lot of luck using these? I know somebody (maybe auditgirl) uses body4 life shakes as a replacement.

Mary

Repo girl
03-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Morning everybody!! TGIF!!!! Made the Balsamic Lamb Chops last night, only I used pork. My lamb is like Deets piggie foot, just can't do it. The recipe was awesome, though. I made FF mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with. The family loved it. Thanks again to you guys who mentioned mini bagels. I am loving them. I booked a really cool birthday party for DD Mataya. It is at an old govenors mansion called the Stillwater Mansion. It is a tea room, that holds really cool Victorian teas. I have been there a couple of times with the women in our family, and always thought Mattie would love it. You start in the sitting room, dress up in hats, gloves, baubles, cloaks, boas, and the like, then you move into the dining room for high tea. It takes about 3 hours, from start to finish, and 5 courses of food. The lady who owns it is a single mom. She and her kids live upstairs, and she entertains on the main floor. She grows her own lavendar and makes this great lavendar lemonade. She encourages you to use an accent and be all proper at the table, and teaches you a lot about Victorian manners. The mansion is haunted, my mom saw a ghost last time we were there, and you can always feel them. I am excited to dress her and Marianna up in their Easter dresses, fix them all up, and take them to a fairy tale kind of birthday. All of the women in my family and DH's are coming. Anyway, enough of my prattle, talk to you all later!!!

Chklithunder
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

Well, staying OP has been very easy for me since TO. We got our water cooler here at work replaced yesterday and now the water is just GROSS so yesterday I had to drink 48 oz of water when I got home at 8 last night. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well :lol:

Mary - how long before you and DH can resume "relations" or as Star would have said...:love:?

deetsmom
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey y'all, question:
What do the LA Slimdown Meal Replacment Shakes replace exactly? P and S??? Also, how many calories/protein are in a slimdown. I am thinking of doing them some b/c I REALLY want to be a 10 or a 12 by the wedding and I am a 14 now.

Last night hubby got the "hubba hubba" look in his eyes and was like "Good Lord, you are SO SKINNY." Ha! I wouldn't say I'm wasting away exactly, but it was so sweet to get noticed. Then again, we haven't been able to do anything "romantic" during this m/c, so I'm sure he's blind by now :devil:

They are a Protein and a Starch and are yummy. The Slim Fast Optima High Protein are VERY close to them nutritionally, except they only have 15g protein compared to the TWENTY in the LA ones.

hkychik
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Katie, that sounds like a fantastic birthday party for a little girl! She will feel so special. How neat that the place offers the period costume and all that. Very Cool!

shennie_97
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Ok, the dr.’s office was too high tech for me…they had a digital scale, so I weighed 150 even on the digital scale (with shoes) but it wasn’t the same :(

I have had a hectic few days (haven’t even had time for 3FC) and I have not been doing to well with plan, but am ready to get back on track now.

Angelica~ :bravo: on DD’s science project

Deets~ glad you go to meet a new counselor….I hat when they write in my journal. And they don’t ask!?!?!

Britt~ glad to see you back around here….how is the semester going? It’s almost over and you graduate this year right? My son is in fourth grade and they have a fractions test Monday….guess that is across the board the same, huh?

Sznn~ the 140’s are right around the corner

angelica1674
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
My scale said 173.5 again today, so if it repeats tomorrow I will change my ticker.

Still wondering about the cals in a slimdown (I know now it is 20 g protein). Has anyone had a lot of luck using these? I know somebody (maybe auditgirl) uses body4 life shakes as a replacement.

Mary
They have 270 calories

Rebeca
03-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Repo Girl- Thats a great Bday party idea! They will love it..and most of all the memories will stay with them forever! Not sure if you know but Mariana is a brazilian name...its very common in there!

angelica1674
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Good morning chickies!How is everyones day so far?

I was up 1 pound today:mad: but I think it could be due to TOM or my gas in my belly. I was really crampy yesterday.Also I think tuna is giving me gas!

Does anyone know if we can still buy LA products after we are done with maintenance?

mrsbeanie
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Katie - That does sound like an awesome birthday party!! How fun and creative you are!

mrsbeanie
03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Angelica - I know of one center that does but a friend of mine from a center they told her that she just needed to eat regular food as she was done with the program. So again I think its basically whatever they want to tell you! LOL

mrsbeanie
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Shennie - glad your dr appt went well. Hope that things with DS and school are better!

mrsbeanie
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
chklit - TO does make those cravings go away doesn't it. Sorry about the water. There is nothing worse than yucky tasting water in my opinion. Thats why I take a giant water bottle with me wherever I go!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-03-2006, 11:35 AM
chklit - TO does make those cravings go away doesn't it. Sorry about the water. There is nothing worse than yucky tasting water in my opinion. Thats why I take a giant water bottle with me wherever I go!

Oh, I agree about the water !! That is always a "fear" of mine when I go on vacation or somewhere for a longer period of time ... If they have "bad" water I find a local grocery store and end up buying bottled ;)

momof3boys1girl
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I was wondering if it was ok to have a sugar free Mocha with skim milk and count it as a dairy???

thanks jamie

momof3boys1girl
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I also have a question about the mini bagels are we allowed to have a whole one or just half???

JAMIE

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 11:48 AM
The mocha should be fine-make sure it's the appropriate 8 oz of milk though. No Venti sizes;)

And you can have a WHOLE mini bagel (Sara Lee)-I weighed one and it came out shy of 2 oz. Enjoy!

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I wasn't having good luck finding sugar free white mochas anywhere. I had purchased a sugar free white choc sauce and it was 80 cal for 2 Tbs. I didn't care for the taste of it. What I now order is a sugar free vanilla latte with nonfat milk. It tastes better then the sauce I had purchased and I still am getting a flavored drink. As Juliemarie mentioned you have to count it as your dairy. I find I'm sometimes not counting them and still having some cheese. When I asked the center about the latte she mentioned the vanilla syrup would just count as a condiment.

I was curious for all you exercise people. I started using the gazelle and have worked out three times on it now, every other day, as to get my muscles used to it. As it really gives me a workout. My question is how soon do you think your muscles starting holding on to the water where your not seeing a loss. I have weighed for the last two days, at home, and where I was 202 on Mon I have now been staying at 203.4 or .6 with my night gown on. I'm going to workout on it again today, but I would like to see the scale go down not up. I'm eating on program and haven't been cheating. What's your thoughts?

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Barbara-

Weightloss isn't necessarily a linear thing-when you exercise-you create small tears in your muscle which then has to regenerate and fix and therefore create stronger and bigger muscles. Also-when you do aerobic exercise-you create lactic acid that builds up in the muscles and that has to be released. The more you exercise-the more your body becomes efficient at doing this.

So-that was a way oversimplified but (hopefully) a fairly accurate description of what's going on with your body. The takehome message is that you won't necessarily lose everyday, even when you're OP. Just stay with it and the scale will follow.

I've had the same problem-I tend to lose in chunks-5lbs one week, nothing for the next 2, then 3.5 lbs, nothing, etc. It's really annoying;) But it does come out in the wash-I'm staying at the 2lb/week mark.

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Thank you Juliemarie. I've just been doing so well and was really hoping to see 199 this week, but that's not going to happen. That is one of the reasons I was holding off on exercising as I wanted the weight to go off faster. But I'm sick of my huge thighs that haven't lost a oz, so I thought this machine will help in that. I'm not going to give up the exercise as I want to lose and hopefully my muscles will soon allow me to do it daily. But I'm not going to the center to WI to have them make their comments either:)

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I know what you mean-I lost the first 50 doing virtually no exercise-it does seem to come off faster that way . . .

Now, I'm training for the marathon again, and I'm interested to see if it helps of hurts my WL.

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow good luck on your marathon, that has to be really hard working out like that. How long have you been training for it and have you seen any slow down in your loss so far? My knees couldn't take the running. That is why I stopped the treadmill as it was hurting them. I did the BL workout DVD once and my knees were really hurting. I thought maybe if I workout on something that is more gentle on the joints and then maybe when I lose more I can do a more harder workout.

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Whoa-back up the truck;) I'm not running the marathon, I'm walking it. I did it 2 years ago-at 305lbs. Neither my knees nor boobs could take the running:)

We've just started the training-starting at about 7 miles/week and building 10% distance every week. Our first "group walk" is in a couple of weeks and I'm going to be a walk leader this year! Gotta keep that motivation going for the new folks!

So-walking is a great way to go-you should try it. Work towards a half-marathon or something.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Barbara - The exercise will slow your loss at first, but then you will level off - the inches are coming off alot quicker though and my clothes are fitting so much better - so just know that the scale is not the best success measurement especially when You are working out alot!!! It will start to behave - but it takes a few weeks to even out -

Julie - Good luck on the marathon!!

katie - Sounds like a wonderful party. I finally decided on Elmo - I can't wait - it is going to be fun!

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
7 MILES I'm sorry I'm sitting here laughing as I'm so out of shape I couldn't see me walking a mile at this time. I think I sit on my butt to much. Glad to hear your walking and not running as it is better for your joints, so I've heard. I'm amazed that at your heavier weight you did a marathon that is really impressive. Did you lose a lot of weight just from the training and then the long walk or lose in inches?

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks Heather I'm going to keep it up as I do want to start fitting into smaller pants. It's great hearing all of you that are able to get into smaller sizes and I know your all exercising to some degree. I just don't want the center to start questioning why I'm not losing. I have to go back and read all the earlier posts as I haven't had a chance to yet. Have fun with the Elmo birthday and don't forget to share a pic or two.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I thought I would share a couple of pictures from Michigan.... Hope you enjoy.....we don't ever get snow here - so I thought these were really cute....plus a few others....sorry - they take up so much room

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc06b3127cce9738dc200a9600000015108AcNmTZyzaNM

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc06b3127cce9738d2e48b6500000015108AcNmTZyzaNM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc06b3127cce9738d2070ab600000015108AcNmTZyzaNM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc06b3127cce9738d25b0aea00000015108AcNmTZyzaNM

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh my gosh heather she is so cute. I love the one of her in the snow and it looks like she is licking a snow flake. I so want to take Jasmyne to the snow. She really loves her blinkie I noticed I couldn't tell what she had in her mouth at first because part of it is clear. Really cute pics thank you for sharing.

shennie_97
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Beanie~ it has gotten better at the school, but the teacher still has it out for him…last week she sent me home a note because she said he “looked at her meanly”(yes a grown women sent me a note saying a 9 year old gave her a mean look) Of course DS was dumfounded when I asked him, and although he might have been upset and glared at her for, I just don’t think that that is discipline worthy, especially since he is doing his best to befriend her. We are just trying to wait out the year and it will be over with soon.

Juliemarie~walk of run it is still a marathon…way to go!

Heather~ Savanah is a doll

angelica1674
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Cute little girl purplepirate!!! My daughter is 13 months. I wish my daughter had a binkie(I could throw it away when I needed too) but she has grown attached to her thumb!!lol I was a thumb sucker too and my mom had to bribe me with a strawberry shortcake doll to quit.I think I was like 5 or 6.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 01:26 PM
yea, I'm hoping that the binkie will be gone within 6 months - she usually only gets it during nap and night time - we are working on it -

Shennie - Sorry your DS has that kind of teacher - I have another friend who has a teacher just like that - and she teaches Kindergarten!!! She doesn't understand the dynamics of 5 year olds at all!!!

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Barbara-

Sadly, I didn't lose any weight during the training before-I did lose a size or too that quickly came back afterwards! However-I didn't monitor what i ate at all-in fact, I used it as an excuse to eat whatever I want.

The marathon (and esp. the training)was the most rewarding experience I've ever had. I'm excited to see how much I've progressed and if I'm faster. It took me 10 hrs last time (and no I didn't stop except to pee one time). I was the last person across the finish line. My goal this year is to NOT finish last!

Gamababa3
03-03-2006, 01:35 PM
And I'm sure your will reach your goal and you are eating much healthier now and sounds like your have learned to it better this time around. Good for you! Keep us posted on how you do.

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I will keep you posted on the training-it's a long one-the marathon isn't until October.

stiesta
03-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Julie -- what marathon are you running? I ran the St. George, UT Marathon about a year and a half ago -- it truly is an amazing experience to cross that finish line. WTG, girlfriend!

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I walking the Portland (Oregon) one in October.

stiesta
03-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Julie -- I think that is so great. Good for you. I had never done anything like that before. I got the book The Non-Marathoners Training Guide and it was so helpful. I ran it with my brother and he practically had to drag me across the finish line. I never have experienced so many emotions in one day -- joy, rage, exhaustion, happiness...it was definitely an amazing experience. I don't think I have the will power to try it again, so I think that's awesome for you! :hug:

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Julie - Wow you have alot of training - I would love to do a marathon -...I'm thinking about doing the Susan Komen race for the cure this year.

stiesta
03-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Heather -- if you're going to do it, I would recommend using the book (see above). It basically tells you what to run each week to prepare yourself for it. It is a 16-week training period and they really walk you through all espects of the marathon (physical, mental, emotional) it was so good. If I can do it, anyone can! There is nothing like that feeling of crossing that finish line -- you should do it! And even better to benefit breast cancer --

Christie

juliemarie
03-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Christie-

I have that book too! A couple of years ago I decided I wanted to run a marathon and I picked it off of amazon and it was amazing. However, at my weight, it just wasn't happening. I'd just given up on it when I received info about a women's marathon training group for walkers. i had no idea you could walk a marathon. It was perfect timing. And definately the way to go if running is too hard for you.

Heather-Race for the Cure is great, but here in Portland there are so many people that everyone ends up moving en masse and I hear it's difficult to get around (still a good cause though).

Mom2Abby
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Barbara-

Weightloss isn't necessarily a linear thing-when you exercise-you create small tears in your muscle which then has to regenerate and fix and therefore create stronger and bigger muscles. Also-when you do aerobic exercise-you create lactic acid that builds up in the muscles and that has to be released. The more you exercise-the more your body becomes efficient at doing this.

So-that was a way oversimplified but (hopefully) a fairly accurate description of what's going on with your body. The takehome message is that you won't necessarily lose everyday, even when you're OP. Just stay with it and the scale will follow.

I've had the same problem-I tend to lose in chunks-5lbs one week, nothing for the next 2, then 3.5 lbs, nothing, etc. It's really annoying;) But it does come out in the wash-I'm staying at the 2lb/week mark.

That was an excellent explanation. You know, I am liking the program BUT it is VERY Gimmicky and TOO much empahsis on THE NUMBER. I would rather exercise and have the scale be up a pound or two than not be exercising, kwim? I hear the counselors ACTUALLY tell people to slow down the exercising. That is CRAZY!!! Also--they tried to tell me today that I can't have air popped popcorn because it was too high in sodium! WTF? I was like..."it's airpopped". Oh, well it's too many starches...but you can have OUR popcorn. Yeah, I thought so. Anyway--enough of my vent.

I went to w/i today. For my first full week OP, I lost........

9.4lbs! Holy Cow! BUT, i have had this wicked stomach bug...so I'm sure at least 2lbs of that is lost water...but still, it's a great motivator.

Repo-- I wanna come to the b'day party--it sounds fun!

TTYL!

LadyIzzy
03-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Then again, we haven't been able to do anything "romantic" during this m/c, so I'm sure he's blind by now :devil:

You are a crazy woman but, I'm sure it's probably true. You had better have his eyes checked.:dizzy:

MTdebster921
03-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

I am sitting here chowing on turkey chili becuase it is a gloomy, snowy, cold chili kind of day. I wish I was down with all you guys in 70's weather!!!:cool:

Mom2abby- I hope you and your little one are feeling better. HOLY COW on the loss. That's good, but a bad way to lose it huh?!

sznn- you'll be in the 140's in no time - you can do it!!!

Katie - That sounds like such a cool birthday party. I am sure everybody (including the ghosts:eek: ) will have a wonderful time!!

Deets - are those meal repl. shakes pretty filling? I have done the Slim Fast shakes and they only hold me over for about an hour.

Heather - those pics are adorable. It looks like she was having a good time.

Juliemarie- that is so cool about the marathon. I would do a walking one, but they never have anything like that around here.

Sheenie - Hopefully thing will get better with DH and his teacher. My BF's son had a teacher that was out to get him too. He made it through her class, but when he got to Jr. High, they made that teacher the principle. BF finally ended up having to pull him out and put him in a different school because it got so bad. It's so sad that some teachers have to be that way.

Mary- Men are so goofy. But it is so cool when they FINALLY notice. I guess they see the little changes everyday, so it takes a while for them to see a bigger change. Hopefully you can help him with that blindness issue very soon. :love:

Last night we had a get together with the people that work with my husband. He told me 2 days ago that we were going to this restaraunt. I have only been there once and had a shrimp salad, so I thought cool, I can do this. On the way to the restaurant he said that we are eating in the banquet room and there are only 4 things to choose from. GREAT! One of the choices is steamed shrimp, so that is what I got. I did so good, shrimp, baked potato, salad, 1 glass of wine and I passed on the breadsticks and dinner rolls. So I stayed POP.
When I was getting ready, I put on 3 different dress shirts and 3 different pair of slacks and they all looked like bags on me. Yes, normally I would say that is a good NSV, but last night with DH standing there saying "Aren't you ready yet, we are going to be late" and the frustration of finding something that didn't hang on me I was kinda grumpy on the way to the dinner. Today, I guess I just have to dig out that box of clothes in the basement and see what fits now.

So ladies- Have a great day.

Repo girl
03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Debbie- Come and see me chickie!! I was out cleaning the yard in my T shirt. It felt sooooo good!!! Also, so glad to hear your clothes are getting loose, even if you did get grumpy!

Juliemarie and Christy- Marathons? Wow, wow, wow. That is so great. I would LOVE to set a goal like that, but my belly has to quit flopping around before I can run, LOL!!

Mom2abby- 9.4 lbs?! You ROCK chickie!!!! Good for you!

Heather- Cute pictures!

marbear
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
repo, you just snuck right by me on the weight!

Tomorrow we are attending a dinner party. One of the attendees was an employee of my DH who got fired on Tuesday. Awkward! The employee told Erik we had better come or he'd be offended. DH fought for the guy, but in the end DH's supervisor came down with the axe. I don't think DH should be fraternizing with the guy (esp. because he was fired for lying to DH's supervisor). Also, they're serving NO on plan foods and they TOLD me what I had to bring. Ugh!
Mary

ksdiogi
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey, guys. Congrats on the losses. I have been extremely busy but trying to stay POP. My COD has had many changes and some people have quit. Instead of weighing in 3 times per week, I am going in twice. It was discouraging for me to go in and be up 2 tenths of a pound when I had been POP. I've got a trip to Boston in a week and a sales conference in Atlanta in 3 weeks. I want to lose at least 10 pounds this month so I really need to be perfect.

Repo girl
03-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Karen- Sorry to hear that your center is changing so much. That can be hard to adjust to. Good luck with your 10 lb goal!!

nikkijo
03-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Debbie- Come and see me chickie!! I was out cleaning the yard in my T shirt. It felt sooooo good!!! Also, so glad to hear your clothes are getting loose, even if you did get grumpy!

Juliemarie and Christy- Marathons? Wow, wow, wow. That is so great. I would LOVE to set a goal like that, but my belly has to quit flopping around before I can run, LOL!!

Mom2abby- 9.4 lbs?! You ROCK chickie!!!! Good for you!

Heather- Cute pictures!
Belly flopping is one thing, I would be more afraid I'd pee my pants LOL:o

Leah AU mom
03-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Morning everybody!! TGIF!!!! Made the Balsamic Lamb Chops last night, only I used pork. My lamb is like Deets piggie foot, just can't do it. The recipe was awesome, though. I made FF mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with. The family loved it. Thanks again to you guys who mentioned mini bagels. I am loving them. I booked a really cool birthday party for DD Mataya. It is at an old govenors mansion called the Stillwater Mansion. It is a tea room, that holds really cool Victorian teas. I have been there a couple of times with the women in our family, and always thought Mattie would love it. You start in the sitting room, dress up in hats, gloves, baubles, cloaks, boas, and the like, then you move into the dining room for high tea. It takes about 3 hours, from start to finish, and 5 courses of food. The lady who owns it is a single mom. She and her kids live upstairs, and she entertains on the main floor. She grows her own lavendar and makes this great lavendar lemonade. She encourages you to use an accent and be all proper at the table, and teaches you a lot about Victorian manners. The mansion is haunted, my mom saw a ghost last time we were there, and you can always feel them. I am excited to dress her and Marianna up in their Easter dresses, fix them all up, and take them to a fairy tale kind of birthday. All of the women in my family and DH's are coming. Anyway, enough of my prattle, talk to you all later!!!

Katie, How fun!!!!!!!! I love taking my DDs to tea rooms. THat will be great!
We had Hannah's birthday party here this afternoon. We did the whole fifties theme. Hula hoops, hand jive etc. THen we brought them into our finished basement which was transformed into a 50's ice cream shop. My older daughter and her friend were the waitresses. THey served bottled cokes with straws, and took orders and delivered ice cream for ice cream sundaes. Then the girls decorated their sundaes with "the works" We had a good time. I even wore a pink ladies jacket. I'm exhausted!!! and let's just call this day a train wreck in the way of food, but I'm jumping back on in the a. m.

deetsmom
03-04-2006, 10:07 AM
I just posted a great breakfast recipe from the new cookbook in the recipe thread!

StargazerJMK
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Congrats! to all you losers out there! WTG. :cheer:

YEAH! :dancer: I'm down 2.9 pounds! I can move that tracker again. LOL:cheer:

marbear
03-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok, lemme blow off some steam here and I will be fine.

We go over to this "Cuban" dinner party. First off, let me say it is a bit pretentious for 2 white folks to be throwing a Cuban dinner party and then correcting everybody's pronunciation and making them use Spanish words for everything. Instead of pork roast it was "lechon" and instead of fried plantains it was "(this is where I zoned out)." Nice folks I guess, but I just think it is a little pretentious and slightly condescending. Anyway, this "lechon" was just a big ol pork roast in a frigging crock pot. They said the kids woudl eat at 5 and the adults would eat at 6. We got there on time, but since no one else did they refused to even START COOKING until 6:30. It is 10:05 and I just got home...we left immediately following the meal. I was starved half to death. I didn't have a scale but I had PVVVSFa left. I got what I thought was 3 oz of meat, 1/3 cup of black beans, some Yucca (sp?), 3 round slices of plantain, and a salad. I ate a fun size twix to get the taste of salty out of my mouth, then proceeded to start guzzling lime water like there was no tomorrow. The Yucca (sp?) was awesome. Unfortunatley I'm just sure it was a starch.

I don't know why I'm so bitter at those people for branching out. They collect meals like that...getting friends from other countries to show them how to make a signature thing. I think that's great, but it sort of seems a bit snobby for some reason...maybe the way they do it rather than the fact that they do it. Then again, it could be that I'm just bitter that I was starving to death then was subjected to a meal that was so hard to work around and then people kept asking me if I was low-carbing or something b/c I got so few of the starchy things. They were like "you can have the small brownie." I did not eat the "small" brownie because it was like 4"x 5". NOBODY commented on my weight loss and I have lost over 30 lbs. UGH! Oh well, I'm going to be over it.

LadyIzzy
03-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Sunday Morning,

Marbear - again thanks for the info. I did a comparison of Old vs. New and found that there is 2 - 4 oz. more allowed in the new plan. No wonder I'm not getting the same results that I did when I was on the plan in 2001. Gonna start fresh and see what happens.

Sorry that your Cuban dinner was such a disaster. I love trying new things but not if I have to suffer to get it. I used to work with what was called the 'UN' because our engineering department had people from around the world and I was invited to all of their homes. I couldn't understand how they served such good food and they were all lean and fit people. I guess it's the old adage that you 'eat to live, not live to eat'.

Shoutout to all the Chickies. Continue to eat clean and move it, move it, move it.

later,

green0923
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Man, I missed you last week! I am back from Chicago -- work trip. I had the typical tribulations ... everything was catered, and not much OP to choose from. But when I went to WI yesterday, the COD told me I did make great choices (which I knew, but it was good to hear anyway!).

I had lost 2.6 lbs between Friday and Monday, and lost another 1.8 while traveling ... phew! That was a relief! I was really hoping to maintain, since I had already hit my 2 lbs for the week, but I'll take a weight loss any day! I'm sure the exercise has helped dramatically, so I'm just trying to keep it up!

Next week is TOM, so I'm probably going to maintain or show a slight gain, so I feel good having a little head start.

Sounds like there was lots going on last week! I will have to go back and catch up on the posts.

Have a POP week, ladies!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey chickies!!

Erin - Welcome back and congrats on the great loss!!! Hopefully TOM won't make he scale increase too much!!! Glad you had a good trip with great ending results!!!

Mary - So sorry to hear about the Cuban dinner....I know how I get when I'm hungry and I get even more mad when I'm at a planned funtion that isn't going as planned. Hopefully you did enjoy the different taste and experience - maybe next time it will better!!!

Well girly's I'm still up for a few days now. I thought it was the ground sirloin burgers we had on Thursday, but now I'm not so sure. I know TOM is next week and my body has been funny since I returned from my trip----I will give i another week before I move my ticker up - I weighed in at 163.5 and I was at 161.5 about a week ago ----hoping it is just a fluke??? Oh well, I will work out harder and sweat more next week to get it off.

Katie -We are heading to Lowes to get our laminate flooring today. DH is going to install it this week and hopefully get everything done before Savannah's birthday party on Saturday - Do you think that is doable??

Hope everyone has a great weekend - See you chickies tomorrow!!!

sznn
03-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Heather - I can commiserate on being UP on the scale.

Just hopped on and it read 153.6 it think it was - did a road trip yesterday down south and ended up having a little of this and a little of that.
And a lot of wine.:dizzy:

Arrrgh - kinda irradicated all the goodly effects of the TO.
It's a new day - back on the horse.
-S

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Sznn - AMEN - and yes those Southern folks will get you everytime hunh?? hahahahaah

momof3boys1girl
03-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone..i dont post much but iread everyday and try and keep up with everyones posts..anyways 2 weeks ago i had only lost 1 lb and the last week ony 1.5 lbs and i had been pop both weeks so i was a little frusturated but kept staying op to see what was going on ...well yesterday i went to the COD to get my weekly weigh in and i was hoping for a 3 lbs loss and that means i would hit 20 lbs loss sin JAn 8..well i did =nt only lose 3 lbs i lost 6.4:carrot: in one week wow i couldnt believe it i was shocked and so thrilled so now i have lost 23.3 lbs since jan 8...so if you ever get stuck or have a low weight loss for one week just keep up the work it will eventually show up...thanks for all the supprt i get here..i truly appriciate it

JAMIE...

Boo'sMom
03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Jamie--super job--I get in ruts pretty easy so it's nice to know eventually it all catches up!

marbear
03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Jamie, that is awesome! I know what you mean...when I just push through slumps and remain very true to plan then I will usually see a 3-4 loss at once eventually. I would love to lose 23 lbs in the next 2 mos!
Mary

Boo'sMom
03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
OK--I need your help. Any great recommendations for hotels and places to eat?

Repo girl
03-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Heather- Oh, yeah, you should be fine getting your pergo down by then. The prep takes more time that actually laying it, I think. That is, if you are tearing out carpet. Good luck with it, I love the look and the clean up of mine.

Mary- Sorry your party was not that great. Good job staying op, though.

Erin- Glad you are back, that is great that you lost while you were gone!

Jamie- You are the BOMB chickie!! Great loss.

Bre- Hope the changes really put you on the fast track!!

Boosmom- Love the new picture!

Suzanne- I had a little wine last night too. Blackberry Zinfandel, ohhhhh yum.

Well I have had a good, OP weekend, even with eating out twice. We ate a Johnny Carinos lunch, and believe it or not, I was able to stay OP. We went to the mall for pants, and I got some awesome deals on clearance racks. Tommys for 15 bucks, and some other brands at Macy's. Anyway, I got 4 pairs of jeans for $52.00 total. They are all 10's. Some are pretty tight, but it is TOM for me, so I know in a few days that they will fit a lot better. Have a good night everybody!!!

marbear
03-06-2006, 12:21 AM
i'm having a hard time sleeping...I'm obsessing about landscaping. I get spring cleaning fever like NOBODY's BUSINESS. I am not a clean freak, either. I THOROUGHLY cleaned our bathroom for 3 hours today. When I say thoroughly, I mean I even washed off my shampoo bottles and stuff so it would be spotless. During that, I did about 6 loads of laundry (even folded and put up), did touchups on my kitchen, dishes, vaccumed the entire upstairs, cleaned Eli's room/bathroom/gameroom, stripped all 3 beds and washed those linens and replaced them, planted 3 things in the yard, and laid the edger stone for my front flower bed. I am SO sore from all that manual labor. I know I'll be up tomorrow like if I did heavy weight training...I can feel every muscle and joint ache right now...and those edgers are 9 lbs each. OY! I just can't stop thinking about backfilling where a dead tree and shrub were and then trying to cut some sod from the back yard to put over it before I edge around my oak tree.. Stop my brain, please!
Mary

Loves Saddlebreds
03-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Well Ladies - good morning to y'all, I haven't been around again all week because I am suffering from a funky laptop (sighs). I am doing TO to get me back in the mindset of LAWL - been maintaining but not really losing. Which is good since I just had my riding suit tailored (7 more weeks before I show my horse - the first time I've entered the show ring in 25 years :dizzy: ). Some days I'm so sore and tired after working out and riding - I think I should age more gracefully :rolleyes: ! I can't believe I am 48 years old and obsessed like a kid about her pony :D !

Marbear - I'm tired just reading about your day. But I understand about the spring obsession. Now that I've moved from the Northeast to Charlotte - I'll never do another winter with snow. The dogwoods are blooming, the trees are budding, grass is green - I love it!

Shennie - I just read the thread back and am so sorry your son is having such troubles. My youngest was the same way - man it's tough, you have my sympathies. Just let him know how proud you are that he is trying to get along and he'll be OK.

Boo's Mom - I just moved to NC so I can't help ya, but I'd also be interested suggestions so when DH and I explore, we have some recommendations.

Congrads - to all the ladies that have lost lbs, I hope I'll be one of them this week :D

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning chickies!!! Well, I decided to try to NOT get on my scale until Friday. I really need to quit my obsession - I might even go longer than that since TOM is next week - not sure yet.

Jaime - That is awesome 6.4 lbs - you go girl - nice to see you post!!!

Katie - Congrats on staying OP this weekend - weekends can be so hard sometimes!!!

Mary - You remind me of myself. I'm such a spring cleaning person, but I will have to admit - I'm a neat freak too - When I get on a roll - I roll!! Of course, I have alot of cleaning to do this week for Miss Savannah's party. Hopefully the new flooring will be done, so I just need to concentrate on the bathrooms and the mopping......YUCK!!! not my two favorite things to do!!!

Well, I'm trying to rap up on a project of mine - have a good day!!!

LadyIzzy
03-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Mary, you've got it bad and that's good in this case. You will be way ahead of the game. While I walked around yesterday poop scooping my yard because the neighborhood cats think it's the toilet, I was thinking of what I could plant here or there that the puppy won't pull up. I still have snow on my yard though. You go girl

marbear
03-06-2006, 09:35 AM
I woke up and weighed at 173.5 two times in a row. I went back to bed for 20 minutes and peed so I reweighed at 174.5. I think I'm counting the 173.5 since this will be the third day I have seen it. I dunno. What do y'all think?

I went outside to survey my handiwork and a few minutes later I hear "Mom." I had left Eli inside b/c I was just taking a quick peek. He had opened the front door. This is trouble. We're going to have to deadbolt at all times.

I am selling some of my plus size clothes on ebay this week. That is fun...maybe I'll get money for a great new outfit.

Mary

Mom_of_3_Monsters
03-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend ... I stayed OP most of the weekend, we had lunch w/ the in-laws:dizzy: yesterday at a Italian resturant and I didn't do so well ... oh well, such is life ;)

Mary - hope you get lots of $$ for your too big clothes ... you deserve a huge shopping spree for all of your hard work !!:)

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Mary - I'm thinking about doing the same thing - I've been addicted to ebay lately - need to stay away - buying way too much.... I tried selling some maternity clothes on there - and didn't have alot of luck - guess I'm a better buyer than seller!

Norissa - Glad to see you hanging in there girlfriend!

marbear
03-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Heatherpp, do you have any idea what the problem was? I recently sold 4 maternity dresses I purchased for $6 total for over $40. Are you making sure you put the items up in the correct season? People start buying winter maternity around June July onward. Send me your listing #s next time and I'll check it out for you. I have always had tons of luck with anything I sell. My sisters think I am like an Ebay savant for some reason. My husband and I can sell the same thing and mine brings twice as much.

I guess I'll change my ticker since I said I would go to 173.5 after 3 times of seeing it.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Mary - it has been awhile since I tried to sell anything - but I've been buying buying buying.......I cut myself off today - no more ebay!! We have so much stuff to do in the house before spring/summer.......I do have some stuff I might think about selling - more baby type items, but I will get you to look when I list them and see what you think......Thanks for the offer!!!

and on another note - Girlfriend - Change that ticker!!! You deserve it!!! I guess I need to bump mine up slightly......

Repo girl
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Morning girls!!!! Very busy Monday, tons of daycare kids. I'll check back in later!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
oh Repo - that is all we get - we've been trying to wake you up for ;) ;) hours.......

Rebeca
03-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Good MOnday chickies! I had no energy to work out this morning. I only had two hours of sleep! Somehow i dont feel sleepy at all this weekend! I feel like a zoombie but restless... I did stay on plan and worked out for two hours yesterday. I am still sore from my aerobics class on Friday! Friday night i could feel all muscles in my body while i was dancing! The scale keeps saying 181.5 but at COD it said 185 on Wednesday! That kind of made me upset! Their scale is sooo different every time i go in! My scale has been pretty much around the same numbers. From now on I am only going there on saturdays wearing the same clothing with an empty stomach...lets see how that workds out!

Hope you chickies have a great day!

momof3boys1girl
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Good MONDAY morning everyone...i can definitley say its monday ...Well my husband keeps saying to me im shrinking away hes so sweet makes me fell good...this weekend i went and bought a bike trailer the one that hold the kids so i can start riding my bike with the 2 youngest kids and my older boys can ride there bikes...sometthing fun for them and ill be getting a workout.I cant wait fo rhte smow to melt so we can start going on bike rides...it was my gift to me for losing 23 lbs now i cant wait to hit the 50 lb mark...well since i read everyday im going to try and post at least once everyday...tonight for dinner im trying the pork roast with rosemary ill let you know how it turns out....

I also have a question is the new cookbook the same as the on thats on the at home website??? or are there different recipes???

JAMIE

Chklithunder
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

This weekend was so so for me. Friday night I did a lot of unintentional walking. My bus driver was flirting with me (although I am married, it is REALLY nice to have men other than DH appreciate my appearance, personality and spirit. It builds confidence and it sure didn't hurt that he was HAWT!) Anyway, I paid for it because I got on the wrong connecting bus, realized my error and then ended up walking about a mile out of my way and getting there way later than I should have. Then I took the DSs out to dinner at Applebees and stayed POP!!!! I had a glass of Merlot, counted as 2F, and I had the grilled steak and shrimp skewers with rice pilaf. I ate very little rice, less than half, all my steamed veggies and most of the steak and shrimp. I was SO proud of myself for not straying. Then on Saturday I did some cleaning that was major for me as well (must be something in the air). I shampooed the living room and dining rooms and cleaned out my bookcases and rearranged my living room furniture. Stayed OP Saturday too. Then yesterday hit and DH took me to the movies, where I had too much popcorn and some Raisinettes :devil: . So, today its right back OP for me, and extra water with lemon to boot. I may go to WI tonight to face the music, as I won't be able to go again until Wednesday.

Jamie - GREAT WI! :goodscale :hyper:

Katie - WTG on staying OP while eating out.

Bre - No snow in my yard, but plenty of mud! Wanna trade? ;) :s:

HeatherPP - I'm sorry about the temporary gain. It sounds like you've been good, so don't fret, you'll be back down what you've gained and then some in no time at all. Its great to see you staying the course and keeping such a positive outlook.

Norissa - You're absolutely right, today is a new day!

Well chickies, here's to you all. :cheers: Let's finish the day up in POP :angel: style!

Repo girl
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Carmen, you smoking hot chickie!!!! Great NSVs!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Carmen - you are so funny about that bus driver being so HAWT!!!! I have to admit though - having other guys notice how good you look is definitely reward in itself!! - You go girl - you turn those heads - !!! You did great most of the weekend - so don't beat yourself up!!! now back POP for the day - !!!

green0923
03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Jamie, that is soooo fantastic! Great loss!

Boo'smom, I don't know much about the Carolinas, but that is a great idea for the reward!

Katie, your new pic is hot! Wow! WTG on the size 10 jeans! I can't wait to be there -- and what a deal!

Mary, man I'm jealous of your cleaning streak! I wish I had that gene -- but I don't. I hate cleaning, but can't stand a dirty house, so I do it, begrudgingly ... And WTG on the 173.5! Man I'd love to be there! Good work!

Loves_Saddle, how fun! You are right -- every girl's fantasy ... ponies!

Bre, how frustrating! Maybe that puppy will keep the kitties from using your yard as a litter box! Not sure what to suggest for planting. My dogs weren't diggers, so I didn't have any trouble. But puppies are notorious for digging!

Norissa, congrats on staying OP (mostly!).

Heather, I've never tried to sell on ebay, but I have been an avid buyer! I go through streaks -- buying lots and lots, then staying away for a while, then buying lots and lots again.

Rebeca, scale differences are so frustrating! Generally, I can expect about a 2 lb difference between my scale and the COD scale.

Carmen, congrats on the bus flirting! I agree, it's such a nice compliment!

As for me, I WI at a .2 loss since Saturday morning. It's my TOM week (though it hasn't started yet), so I was glad not to see a gain. Can't wait for Friday -- usually, I have lost all of my retained water by then!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Erin - Congrats on the loss especially with TOM right around the corner!!!

Yes, I'm the same way with Ebay - spurts - buy a lot and stay away - go back buy a lot then stay away!!! - it is sooo addicting!

dawn78
03-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I’m back from vacation. The weather in Florida was wonderful! It was so hard putting a winter coat back on. The resort we stayed at was beautiful. DH was in heaven because we were surrounded by golf courses. He so wants to move there because of his career, but for now, DH and I are talking about just buying a timeshare at the resort we stayed at. I said if we had one, it would force me to go on vacation. This was my first full week off from work since my mom past away over 2 years ago and the first vacation in 6 years. I was long over due.

I spent 4 hours this morning trying to catch up (I’m supposed to be working). You ladies have been busy. I see I missed the “you want in on the new web site” thread. I’ll have to try to get in on that yet.

Well I went to WI over my lunch break today. After 8 days of eating totally off plan and without any LA Lites, I had a 2 lb. loss!! I couldn’t believe it. I asked them to explain that one. Of course they couldn’t but they were happy for my loss regardless.

Heather (purple) is your daughter’s b-day on the 10th? If it is, we share a b-day, only I’m turning 28.

Katie, that’s a great new picture!

I had a NSV this weekend. I went to a baby shower and 30th b-day party and saw some friends and an ex boyfriend I haven’t seen in awhile and they all noticed I’ve lost weight and they commented how great I looked. It’s nice to hear that once and awhile. It makes spending all this money and going through all the ups and downs worth it.

As soon as I get time, I’m going to try & post a new family picture from vacation.

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
AWESOME HEATHER! You started around my start weight and have the same goal...its hard to believe what a difference 20 pounds can make, I am sure you look awesome! I SO WISH I could have your luck with the losses though, LOL! I LOOK at food and gain. Maybe its cos Im older than you, tee hee!

Chklithunder
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Dawn, welcome back and WOW what a fantastic loss. I am glad you had a great time. Six years without a vacation? Yes, you were way overdue. I hope you do get the timeshare, as I firmly believe that vacations renew and rejuvenate us.

Erin - congrats on being down with TOM on its way.

About EBay, I am soo glad to read that I am not the only one who goes through the "buying binges." DH says I am addicted. Too funny!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM

Well I went to WI over my lunch break today. After 8 days of eating totally off plan and without any LA Lites, I had a 2 lb. loss!! I couldn’t believe it. I asked them to explain that one. Of course they couldn’t but they were happy for my loss regardless.

Heather (purple) is your daughter’s b-day on the 10th? If it is, we share a b-day, only I’m turning 28.
.Congrats on the wonderful loss especially after eating totally OFF Plan!! - That is truly awesome !!!

and yes, Savannah's bday is the 10th - I'm so excited about her party this weekend!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
AWESOME HEATHER! You started around my start weight and have the same goal...its hard to believe what a difference 20 pounds can make, I am sure you look awesome! I SO WISH I could have your luck with the losses though, LOL! I LOOK at food and gain. Maybe its cos Im older than you, tee hee!

Deets - did you mean Dawn?? Just wondering?

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Mary - Hey, I was wondering if you ever bought any of your new secret bars off ebay? Did you ever tell us what they were?

marbear
03-06-2006, 03:58 PM
heather, they were dr soy, and I haven't received them yet. I'll let you know...you and I seem to have similar tastes in Lunas, so maybe it will help you. I tried the chai tea the other day (found it for the very first time) and you were right...it's good with coffee . It would have been awesome with a chai latte, too, but that's another story;)

Ok, I had an AWESOME breakfast this morning. Now that my kitchen is spotless I have nto felt bad about breaking out the food processor for breakfast. The other day I had an awesome pb banana "shake." This morning I did 2 servings of frozen blueberries, 1 c milk, 2 teaspoons splenda, 1 tbsp cream cheese. Voila-blueberry cheesecake "shake." It is so funny how being on plan so long will make anything remotely dessertish taste WONDERFUL. I bet atkins folks can suck on a packet of splenda and just convulse :lol:

marbear
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
And yesterday, I forgot to mention I put a teaspoon or two of cocoa powder in the banana shake and it was wonderful, too.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh mary - that sounds awesome - I would probably make w/o the cream cheese - but it does sound good - I bet I could use the mixed berries that I originally bought for the faux cobbler recipe....

Hmmmm, i might have to try this tomorrow - sounds yummy - I wonder if you can use the choco SF syrup for the banana shake to get the same taste?

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
About EBay, I am soo glad to read that I am not the only one who goes through the "buying binges." DH says I am addicted. Too funny!

I LOVE IT...its these addictions that keep me in business, LOL!!!;) YAY EBAY

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Deets - did you mean Dawn?? Just wondering? :o :o :o YES!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

Repo girl
03-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Heather- I always make my banana shakes with SF hersheys, and they are great!

marbear
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
I have to use the cocoa powder. If I had the sf hershey's, I'd turn it up and chug.

hkychik
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Good Monday afternoon, Chickies! Gotta post fast before my internet goes KAFLEUY again - sigh.....

Way to go on your losses everyone. :carrot: :carrot: I have some serious TOM cravings, so if they don't go away after TOM leaves, then I may have to do TO... yuck. I only lost .4 lbs on it last time, but if it gets rid of the cravings.....

I was out of town for the weekend - how do ya'all do it? I try to plan for these things, then it all gets blown out of the water - plans change, no OP food, no fridge in hotel room.... GRRRR The good news is I lost .8 since Friday. I'll take it, since I thought I'd blown it.

Mary, you can come work in my yard, if you run out of things to do in yours.... I have such a black thumb. If I even look at a plant, it dies. ;)

nikkijo
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I LOVE IT...its these addictions that keep me in business, LOL!!!;) YAY EBAY
Deets, what do you sell on ebay?

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Ive been a powerseller for almost 5 years, this is my full time income as a stay at home mom, I sell everything I can, anything I hear a buzz about and know theres a demand for, but primarily, I deal in high end childrens clothing. that's my main thing.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Ive been a powerseller for almost 5 years, this is my full time income as a stay at home mom, I sell everything I can, anything I hear a buzz about and know theres a demand for, but primarily, I deal in high end childrens clothing. that's my main thing.

Deets -Wow I would love to do that - I've been thinking about trying to get involved selling scrapbook stuff - do you have any suggestions on how I would get started - do these people just contact the manufacturers and start buying in bulk?? Thanks for any ideas.....

nikkijo
03-06-2006, 08:50 PM
That's awesome!!

Repo girl
03-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Where is Barb and Christy lately? Come on out and play!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
The board was really slow today....

Repo girl
03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah, it was.

Mom2Abby
03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Everyone--I'm hanging in there. At least I'm not sick anymore. I met some other moms for lunch at Panera today and had the Vegetarian Vegetable Soup--I counted it as 2 veggies and a starch (there was some barley in there) and I gave the bread it came with to DD to gum on.

Glad to hear that your weekends went well. What does TOM mean? and why do you expect a gain from that?

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 10:38 PM
TOM=time of the month:) Glad youre feeing better:)

deetsmom
03-06-2006, 10:39 PM
TOM=time of the month:) Glad youre feeing better:)

AND...as odd as this can be, we all seem to have TOM at the same time, LOL!!!:dizzy:

marbear
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Well, if mine ever returns!

ksdiogi
03-07-2006, 12:31 AM
AND...as odd as this can be, we all seem to have TOM at the same time, LOL!!!:dizzy:
LOL - Me, too. I went in today and said "Watch it, it's my TOM. I was bad on Saturday and I'm here for absolution!" It just so happens that the Regional Director was in. She didn't even discuss Saturday's journal entry but drew a smiley face on Sunday's POP entry. I'm thinking I'll be ready for TO by the end of this week. I'm going to Boston next Monday and Tuesday and know that Monday night I'll be meeting my liquid fruit and starch friends. :D I need a good jump start for next Wednesday's WI.

CandlePrincess
03-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Heather PP: I have found selling scrapboook stuff on ebay just depends on what you have. I put together "scrap bags" consisting of scraps of paper etc. I can get almost 25.00 per bag usually. i also do that with stickers. I think the key is putting some new stuff in there as well. My uncle goes to estate sales and then re sells on ebay...he makes a full time living doing that! Wish I could find the secret. the longer we have kids at home..the more I want to stay at home....and here I thought I wasn't stay at home mom material!

Have a good POP day chickies!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 07:45 AM
HeatherCP - that sounds like a good idea, but I really don't have anything I want to sell except a few kits that I've bought - maybe I'll start with that - I would love to get into getting from a wholesale shop and then trying to do it - but I don't know if I would even have time for that?

Good morning to everyone - had a good night - just getting ready to start my morning....

green0923
03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
I REALLY want to do some veggie gardening this year. I live near Memphis, and we have hot humid summers. I have a really nice back yard, and want to plant. I want to start simple, and see how I do, maybe expanding next year.

Based on my (limited) research, it looks like tomatoes, peppers, and green beans would be good choices for me to start with.

Any suggestions on how to get started? We also have a problem with squirrels ... any suggestions on keeping those glorified rats out of my garden? :)

PS -- Kudos to you power sellers! I have often thought about it, but I just don't think I have the knack for it.

deetsmom
03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
selling when you have kids and all, is extremely time consuming at first. I used to work part time with one child and did ebay on the side. I grew a large enough customer base and was ableto quit my job when my second came along- for a few tihngs here and there, Heather, Im sure you could swing it. Full time is a big commitment but very worth it!

deetsmom
03-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey, does anyone know what color plan a person would be on if they are 205 with a goal of 145? Would that be red with lites? (sshhh...im trying to get my sister in law OP and would tell her how to add stuff in based on my Gold..) Are portions larger or just more of certain things?

ksdiogi
03-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey, does anyone know what color plan a person would be on if they are 205 with a goal of 145? Would that be red with lites? (sshhh...im trying to get my sister in law OP and would tell her how to add stuff in based on my Gold..) Are portions larger or just more of certain things?

I am not doing the lites and my COD advises when reach 230 they will switch me to Red. I would think with the lites, she would go to Purple. If you have the LA at home, you can set up the profile to be one of the other colors, print out a diary, and click on the food groups for portion sizes. (Not that I was looking ahead to what I would change to next or anything....:D )

marbear
03-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Deets, the protein are more...if something is 2tbsp per protein on gold, it is 3 on red. One the meat, it is usually 2 oz more per portion for the meat. I think they should at least be on purple with lites at that size.

marbear
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
ooh, on ebay...

If you are at all crafty, I used to make polymer clay beads for kiddie bracelets. I had a large customer base and became a designer for one of the best kid bracelet designers on ebay. I made up to $500/month just crafting a couple hours a day. The demand and special order requests actually became too much for me to handle once Eli started walking. I had to realize my priorities, and I am not enough of a multitasker to do both. I don't have Deets's energy, either !

Mary

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 09:59 AM
yea, I think with the ebay thing - I'll just stick to what I do best for now - buying!!! hahahah

shennie_97
03-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Heather~ sorry to hear about your WI controversy…think it might be the scale?

Jamie~ :bravo: on the 1 week loss

Lovesaddlebreds~ were have you been? Thanks for the kind words at DS.

Mary~ I really need to start packing and throwing away stuff that doesn’t need to move with us…I’ll fly you up here for a few hours if you get bored ;) when I weigh immediately after getting out of the bed, that is my lowest. For some reason I weigh more a few hours later even if I eat or drink nothing…so I always get right out the bed, go to the bathroom and jump on the scale. I have thought about selling my clothes on e-bay, but I want to wait until I am all the way were I want to be and just put them all up there at once….let me know how your selling goes

Deets~ I though that the other week…we all do seem to have TOM at the same time….i have heard that when you spend enough time with other women, you start to have the same cycle

I sell things occasionally on e-bay and I am getting a pile of things together in the basement that I am going to try to sell before we move, but I do my best work selling books on the half.com part of e-bay. They sell themselves over there and it feels good to make money when you forget that you posted something…:lol:

Have yet another meeting eith the mortgage company...they now need my 1999 and 2000 tax returns (mind you i was in undergrad and made less than $10,000 for both years combined...but I am at their mercy)

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Shennie - ( I think you were referring to my gain?) Well I just think some weird things are going on with my digestion to be honest - I made an appt with the gastro dr. for tomorrow. Hoping that goes well - I've been in alot of pain the past few days - not sure exactly what is going on. I've put my scale up for at least a week - I'm eating OP and exercising, so I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll just see what it says next Monday. (or maybe Sunday if I can't wait)....
Sorry you have to go through all the red tape with the mortgage company. it is such a pain in the butt when You get loans or switch companies sometimes.....Hope everything goes smoothly with all that...

Repo girl
03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning girls!

I am working on a little experiment, had a couple of questions. I have noticed that since DH started working at the car lot, he has gained some weight. He has these long skinny chicken legs, no real butt, and a big belly. He sits at a desk and grazes all day, and I can see that he is gaining. I don't really care about looks, he still the best looking man in the world to me, and still turns heads, but I worry about health. His dad had a near fatal heart attack when he was 45. The Dr told DH that he needed to lose weight and eat right to protect himself from heart disease, since it runs in families, and if your dad has a young heart attack, you are more prone to have one as well. Anyway, I am in no mood to be widowed at 45, so I want to help him get into control now. I don't really feel like talking to him about it, he has been giving me a little bit of attitude lately about my own weight loss ("The more weight you lose, the meaner you get" "You are starting to think you are better than everyone else since you've been getting skinny"). He says stuff like this in a joking way, but I am sensing that there is a little more too it. Jealousy, maybe? Insecurity? I'm not sure. So anyway, I have decided to sneak him onto LAWL, without him knowing it. Sure hope he doesn't e-spy on me!! I pack his lunch everyday, anyway, and he won't eat breakfast, so this is what I did yesterday and today: D,F,F,F,V,V,S,S,S,1 1/2 P, and a big bottle of water. Yesterday he ate it all but yogurt (says he hates it, I did not realize that), and a mini bagel with LF peanut butter. I sent different things today. Then of course he will eat an OP dinner with me, like every night. My obstacles are all of the Pepsi he drinks, and late night snacking. My hope is that as he gets all of his components in during the day, he will be less hungry at night. After a few weeks of eating well, I will ask him if he wants to join me on LAWL, and see if I can get him to see how easy it is to eat right, since he has actually been on plan for a while without realizing it. Time will tell, I guess. Does anyone know what red plus gets?

juliemarie
03-07-2006, 11:35 AM
4S, 2 1/2 P (8oz), 4F, 4V, 2L, 1fat, 2D

CandlePrincess
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Katie: I'm on red and I get 2 1/2 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruit, 3 starch, 1 dairy, 1 fat and 2 lites!

juliemarie
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Heather-

Red and red plus are 2 different plans . . .

Chklithunder
03-07-2006, 12:01 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone. Is anybody still out here?

Well, went to COD and found that I was down almost a lb. I'll take it! Evidently the popcorn and raisinettes didn't do too too much damage, either that or all the extra walking I've been doing lately is helping out a bit.

Katie - I think its a good idea that you're putting DH on a healthy eating regimen. If you know that he's snacking on things that are not so healthy at night and drinking a lot of sugar throughout the day, maybe take the starches and a couple of fruits out of his lunch? Idunno, just a thought. About the comments about your WL and such... my DH has been saying things about my WL ever since it first became noticeable to him. But he's so transparent I can tell it is mostly out of insecurity. I don't get it - I've never given him any reason to doubt my intentions toward him, and after (what feels like) an eternity of marriage, he should know better. I figure that's just something he will have to work out on his own, because nothing I say about that topic seems to help :rolleyes:. I still have to do my LAWL thing, you know?

Shennie - GL with the mortgage company. My DB is a broker, so he handles all of our business like that (thankfully). That is such a scary and overwhelming process. I can't believe they want your returns from 5 and 6 years ago. That's just plain crazy.

HeatherPP - GL with your appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Erin - Best of luck with the garden. I have a black thumb too. Well actually its more dark brown :lol:, but everything I plant always dies. DH is an EXCELLENT gardener, and he does veggies every year. He plants tomatoes, peppers, greens, strawberries, broccoli, lettuce, green beans, spring onions, and he keeps trying pumpkins and watermelons but they never do well at all. I know that when you start your garden that you have to pick a spot that gets at least 4-6 hours of sun per day, then you till the ground, and then you plant. If you're in Memphis and you're planting from seeds, now would be the time to start. If you're starting from little plants, you can still wait I think for up to another month. HTH and send me some goodies when its harvest time!

CARM TO BEANIE...COME IN BEANIE...

Here's to all of you chickies :cheers:. Let's have a POP :angel: day!

Repo girl
03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Erin- I want to plant a garden this year too. My mom built these cool "garden boxes" last year with 8 foot planks of wood. She made two of them, put black plastic in the bottoms, and filled them with top soil and some fertilizer. Her garden grew so well, and with NO weeds! I really want to try this, but I will be hard pressed to talk DH into helping me, since my gardening efforts always end in disaster. I want to grow tomatoes, red potatoes, zuchinni, summer squash, lettuce, cucumber, onions, radishes, carrots, etc. I guess maybe me and my mom could do them without help, since she and my dad figured them out last year. I am also going to stock up on berries this summer while they are cheap, and fill the freezer with them. We have raspberry farms around where you can come and pick your own for a really good price per flat. Also, strawberries get down to about $8.00 a flat. I pay $3.00 a pound for them out of the freezer section in the winter. Also, I want to pick and freeze a bunch of huckleberries this summer. There is nothing better than huckleberry pancakes, cheesecake, cobbler, smoothies. And they are $50.00 a gallon to buy them from someone else!

juliemarie
03-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Mmmm-huckleberries (and marionberries!). Isn't the NW just the best place for berries?

Repo girl
03-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I have never had marionberries. What are they like?

juliemarie
03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Similar to blackberries . . . .makes a great cobbler. I think they are only found in Oregon, but could be wrong about that.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Katie - I think that is a great plan for DH - perfect way for you to help without saying a word!! Even if he does notice - you can explain about your concern for him due to his DD problems and that you want him around forever!!!

marbear
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I've never had either, and at $50 a gallon I'm probably going to keep it that way. I don't want to start any expensive habits.

Katie, I tried and tried to get DH to go on a diet with me, but he didn't want to until he realized he didn't want to be almost 300 lbs at his class reunion. He doesn't want to do lawl, and I can understand that. He's never dieted before, and he needs to start out with simple ideas. That's why we did calorie counting. Have you thought about that with your DH? Also, if he hasn't tried coke zero he needs to. It's tough, but I'm sure he'll come around. Just say "we're getting older and I am scared to death of losing you with your family history...will you start eating to protect your heart if I packed your lunches that way??" You already pack his lunches, so it's not like that's extra work, and maybe it would make him conscious of not putting other snacks into his day from the vending machines. Maybe he could do oatmeal for bfast, I dunno. Surely if you put it that way, he'll not be offended. I just straight up told my husband that he carries his weight so well, which was great for his looks but not his heart. I told him with such compacted mass he was in extreme peril of heart disease. I told him it was really hard for me to lose a parent when I was a teenager, and I cannot deal with my kids having that kind of pain if I can do ANYTHING to prevent it. In the end, though, it was his vanity and a class reunion that did it. At least I opened the dialogue so he knew he could come to me when he was ready to commit..

Gamababa3
03-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi Ladies sorry I haven't been on in a few still wasn't feeling so happy seeing a gain on the scale, but I have gone to every other day on the gazelle to daily and determined to make that work. I weighed this AM and I'm finally seeing the scale move downwards again. Today it was finally at 202.8 with a warmer night gown on. I did find myself eating more starches then allowed, which doesn't help. Yesterday the only starch I had was a T of rice with dinner. My computer has been acting up yesterday I deleted Microsoft XP programs and then reloaded them, so I had to set up Outlook from Yahoo. Of course I lost all my emails Word docs etc. I had downloaded Explore .7 and I think that is part of my problem and I can't see that I can delete it. Now I keep getting a message secure IE auto update could not connect to the internet and my MacAfee won't open up all the way, or if it's in a middle of a scan update it will just stop. I went on to MacAfee’s site and ran a free virus scan, but I don't have any. If any of you might know what the problem is please let me know what I could do. I was going to talk with Microsoft, but they charge $35 an hour. I will probably chat with MacAfee today to see if they know. I was worried since I couldn't get a hold of my daughter yesterday and my grand daughter wasn't in school. I drove to my daughters at 1:10 PM opened the door with her spare key to find my GD sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons. When I asked where her Mommy was she took me to my DD room where her and her new friend from FL were sleeping. I was pissed and yelled out her name. She woke up and stated she didn't realize it was that late. I was pissed Jasmyne missed school, that I'm paying for and you pay if they go or not, I was pissed my daughter missed her 1 class that she is behind on and needs to pass her medical classes and stay in the program for reduced rent. And I was pissed this lazy so called man is going on his second week being down in CA and hasn't lifted a finger to look for a job. They were fully clothed and my daughter told me they are not romantically together yet, but to me it sets a poor example for Jasmyne. She has an alarm clock use it. My GD room was a total mess with toys every where. I told my husband I'm about ready to let me DD know I will let Jasmyne live with us until she is done playing house. I have not been able to sleep well the last couple of nights waking up worrying about this crap. My DD is an adult, but like I told her my GD and her DD looks up to her and is only 5 and needs her Mom to take care of her. Her wash needs to be done and I had texted her yesterday to tell her to bring her wash over I would do it. She says she is going to bring it over today, well see. The weather is raining hard here lets see if she still does it. My husband plans to talk to this guy by the weekend if he hasn't tried to find work by then. Sorry to go on and on, but now you know why some of the reasons why I haven't been on.

Shennie well these people ever leave you alone regarding your past taxes. Good luck and hope it ends soon.

Heather hope the Dr is able to figure out what's going on with your digestive system and helps you to get out of pain soon.

Katie I think it's great that you are looking out for you DH and lets hope it helps with what your packing him for lunch and then making him for dinner. I know I tend to harp on my DH and I know that's not good to do either as I wouldn't want him to do that to me. I just watch what he eats sometimes and it's not healthy. Gardens are nice if you keep up on them and fresh fruit tastes so good. My sister was down one year and worked on part of my yard to plant carrots, broccoli and tomatoes. Well they grew and were good, till I started forgetting about them. Well I never new broccoli grows and turns in to flowers:) Let's just say I never tried to have a garden again.

Carmen congrats on the loss.

marbear
03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Barbara, how old is your DD? When I was 17 I had a 30 hr/week job and was in high school full time AND I did my own laundry. Do I need to channel Dr. Phil here, or do you get my point :lol: Sorry that Jasmyne is seeing stuff like that. It must be really frustrating for you to care for a child so much and not have as much control over their life as a parent. Hopefully we don't make DS's grandparents cringe too much, but then again how would they know WHAT we do since they never call or visit? Maybe ignorance is bliss for them, I guess.

kattheall
03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't post that much but... I know what you chicks are up too.;)
Speaking of e-bay. I buy most of my LA lites on ebay. I typically spent $45 dollars on 28 bars (including shipping). Thats 13 dollars cheaper then my center. My COD knows about it. They don't like it but, they seem to understand. I resently bought 28 bars from a seller. She accidently sent me 56 bars. Now, thats a bargain!!:D No but really!! I wrote her and told her of her error. I haven't heard form her though. We'll see what happens. Where do you think they get all those bars? I hope that many people aren't bombing out on the program:( :(
BTW, I've lost 11 pounds since I started (4 weeks) :carrot: :) :carrot: :)

Kathy

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh Barbara - I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this - but I would've reacted the same exact way - I know it has to be hard being a single parent, but you always have to think about what is best for your child........Hopefully you can help keep the situation positive.....

You should not get down on yourself for a small gain - Barbara you have done so great - totally awesome to this point.....Just remember the exercising will even out the weightloss and make it slower - but it reaps it's own benefit!!! I was talking to the owner of the gym last night and he was explaining how he was reading an article about muscle vs. fat weight. A pound is a pound - only muscle makes things much more tone and look alot better...So keep working that gazelle and trust me - your clothes will get loose and you will be feeling so much better no matter how much the scale has moved..... Whatever you do - don't be disppointed - you are doing great and you inspire many of us!!!

Repo girl
03-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi Barb, glad to see you back. Sorry you are having drama with DD. Good thing for Jasmine that she has you to look out for her. Sometimes it is so hard to understand what people are thinking. Hopefully things turn around soon.

Gamababa3
03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
My DD is 26 and has worked her last job she broke a bone in her back and is on disability and going to school for med classes. She has one class two classes left to be complete and this quarter is the one that is the hardest and she seems to be slacking more on. She has ADD and doesn't choose to take meds for, so she tends to forget things easily, which makes her studying harder. It's that new guy that she likes that came from FL to CA to meet her and see where things go. We and others have helped her out so much and that is why I'm getting a little sick of this guy not looking for work to contribute at all. I'm going to start suggesting to have Jasmyne spend the night with us in hopes my DD will figure out what's more important. Yes it is very hard when I'm very close to my GD and want to speak up more then I do, but I don't want to push my DD away either. I was on my own when I was 17 as a single Mom I know it's hard. Part of it she just moved out on her own last year and I think she still has quite a bit growing up to do. She is a good Mom, but is putting to much interest in this guy in my eyes. I was always very close to my Mom up until she died in her 50's. If it was just my DD I say fine to what you are choosing to do with your life, even though I might not agree with it all, but when my GD is involved then yes I'm going to speak up. Thanks for the feed back.

Chklithunder
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Barb :hug:.

I'd be rather pissed too, if I saw what you were describing. I'd say DD needs a good talking to. I'd volunteer to do Jasmyne's laundry, but not DDs. Take a couple of steps back and give her an idea of what it is like to not have your full support. I know what its like to lose sleep worrying over your kids, and mine are not even that old yet! My prayers are with you girlfriend.

P.S. Glad to see the scale going downward again! :dancer:

Gamababa3
03-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Heather I read your email and I think it's been a long time since I cried because tears starting flowing. I think it's time I get back to work so my mind stays busy and I don't have so much time to stress over all this. I know in the long run the exercise will be a good thing and will also help my heath and I plan to keep it up. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Katie I know in time things will get better I just think my DD and I need to have a long talk so she fully understands why I'm feeling the way I am.

Kathy welcome back. Congrats on the loss your doing great and looking great. See you tonight and crossing my fingers Barry gets off of work at a decent time, since he has the car