LA Weight Loss - Slim-Fast March!

View Full Version : Slim-Fast March!

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Okay its a new month lets start a new thread!!

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Slimfasters!!! How did your day go yesterday? I had a great day! My calves are feeling that eliptical this morning, and my abs are sore too from my biggest loser workout...so i guess I worked it huh?! LOL!

I've got 2 more days to meet my 2 month goal! I'm gonna do my very best to get there! So lets have a little fun today shall we? Post up your answers to the following...

1. What is your favorite song right now?

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight?

3. Do you collect anything?

4. What is your favorite part of your body?

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Have fun with this!! Cant wait to see your answers!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Here are my answers:

1. What is your favorite song right now? I just wanna live by Good Charlotte or SOS by Rihanna

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Burning my fat clothes!

3. Do you collect anything? yes, bees, anything bee!

4. What is your favorite part of your body?lately my arms have been looking good!

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? people who smack when they eat

~melissa

PrincessMeme
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Okay Ladies, I'm just quickly jumping on ....why is that the week right before spring break all my professors scheduled their exams. So I've been really busy trying to accomplish all my assignments and study. Yesterday I wasn't able to squeeze in a workout due to an early 8:00 exam but this morning I jogged my three mile and did 15 minutes lower body work. I feel soo happy that I accomplished this and now I'm off to class, assignments and studying for my exam.

Vickie- I didn't forget about you...I will send you a detail answer tommorrow after my last exam..then I can breathe.

Melissa- you right..those girl scouts cookies are evil and I wish you would just pop up every time I think about it with a loud speaker shouting (Back away from the cookies with your hands up! Now give me 10 push ups!):)

To everyone keep it up!:)

desertdreamer
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Happy Afternoon Gang! Thanks Melissa for starting our new March thread.
Feels weird that's it's March already, 3 months into the new year already. Yowza!

Vicki, I didn't get a chance to welcome you. I hope that if you decide to do the slimfast plan you'll join us here for some support & motivation!

Melissa, woo hoo feeeellll the burn baby! :D i love it when I feel that soreness in my abs especially, it's the worst part on me IMO! Anything to help get rid of it, the better! 2 more days, 2 more days! You will come thru with flying colors no problem. You'll see that loss you've been working for, if not, you're gonna come in mighty close that is for sure. I am so proud of you, all your hard work will be so worth it in the end. You are truly amazing! :hug:

Princess, go you!!! Great job on the workout yesterday. It does feel pretty darn good when we get that in and we know we've accomplished something good for us, doesn't it? Keep up the great work! I say it's an evil conspiracy and all the professors get together to decide how they can make you all as miserable as possible right before break. ;) Good luck with all your exams, I know you'll do super!

Here are my answers. Melissa, you know how I love your fun games! :)

1. What is your favorite song right now? Holllaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, Reach for the Sky by Social Distortion, Heaven by DJ Sammy

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Burning the fat clothes & shopping for new ones!

3. Do you collect anything? Do dust bunnies count? :lol: Um, well, I do love finding unusual picture frames, different types of wood, metals & shapes. So I guess I collect those! :D

4. What is your favorite part of your body? My feet! I love my toes for some reason. :lol:

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Flaky people! People who talk in the movie theater. Sales people who don't acknowledge me when I wanna buy something, just because of my size (and I don't buy for a second that they don't do this, even tho' they deny it! )

Ladies, have an awesome day. We're half way thru the week already, time flies when you're having fun, eh? Make today the best you can, one foot in front of the other!

MiaManning
03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey girls, happy slimfasting!

1. What is your favorite song right now? The Nameless by Slipknot

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Wearing my halters and my jeans I've been savings for over a year! Also taking pics and sending them to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

3. Do you collect anything? No.

4. What is your favorite part of your body? Booty or Breasts

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Disrespect, discourteousness (sp?)

Holly2
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Happy March 1st Everybody!!!!

Well, things have been going OK here. I've been keeping up with my Biggest Loser workout. I sure do like Bob. Hubby did the toning with me yesterday. Ug, just wasn't the same. I appreciate him doing it with me, but hearing him grunt and groan over the basic toning was a bit annoying. I was like, "be quiet, Bob's TALKING". LOL!

Apparently we need to make up some "Exercising with Trainer Bob Rules". :nono:

I know I need to add in some extra cardio and perhaps go back to do push ups and ab work while I watch TV. I did that for awhile and really makes a difference.

I still feel like I'm slipping up here and there on the food/water portion, but with the start of March, I feel really good. Spring is almost here!

Ok, questions...good! :write:

My favorite song right now? Hmm...I'm awful about remebering song titles or names of singers, but I really like Beyonce's "Check On It" and Sean Paul's "Right Temperature" song. Those might not be the exact names, but if you know the song, you know what I'm talkin' about. lol ;)

Well, I don't have a lot left to lose. What I'm looking forward to is developing good eating habits. I'm trying very hard to control the snacking beast and when I do, I'll be a happy girl!

When I'm traveling, I usually buy one of those collector spoons if it's someplace I haven't been before. I have about 80 or so of them. I started on a trip to Mt. Rushmore when I was 8. It was on suggestion from one of the biker dudes there for the Sturgis Rally. I was scared not to take the leather clad suggestion! lol

My favorite part of my body is my arms and back. They're lean and strong.

My biggest pet peeve? When people complain about their situation and don't try to help themselves out of it.

Okey dokey, happy Ash Wednesday to you all. I know I should go to church and just tape Idol, but I can be a lazy girl at times. :) We'll see.

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!! I hope you all are doing GREAT!!

Melissa (Princess) I'll be feeling your spring break crunch in about a week here, so far so good for me this semester but our spring break doesnt fall till the end of the month. You'll do great I know it!! Just make sure you take the time to get those workouts in, they'll help with the study stress! good luck!! oh and....BACK AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!! Now stop and gimme 10 pushups!! LOL! Love that!!

Danielle....LOL dust bunnies, you crack me up!!

Mia....do I smell another inlaw hater!! LOL! Ah my sister! LOL! Mine hate me, but thats okay because the feeling is mutual. In fact my sister in law told me that she hoped for everyones sake that I could stop eating. Aint she a peach! Keep shining lady!

Holly....There are definetly rules to bob!! And i say no husbands talking is the first on the list LOL! Remember more Yippee moments than oops moments and you are doing great!! Happy Ash Wednesday to you too!

Alright, lunch is finished I'm going to attempt to have a visit with Bob, but my calves are screaming today so I dunno how much I'll get done. Have a wonderful afternoon slimfasters!!

We are missing some people the past few days....where are you girls?
~melissa

Holly2
03-01-2006, 09:05 PM
:yikes:

Do the lunges in the "easy" cardio part of the Biggest Loser workout ever get any easier? ARRRGGGG!

Hun.e.B
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
LOL...they do but it takes alot!!! I been doing this dvd for several weeks, all i ever do is alternate #1 and #3 and I still cant keep up with them on the lunges. I can do lunges the whole TIME they are going though, but mine are slow! When I first started I couldnt do even half of em. Great workout huh?! LOL!

desertdreamer
03-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Good evening guys. Just dropping in to check how everyone's day was.

Mia, good to see you today. Am I sensing a sort of "attitude" towards the monster-inlaws?? LOL If you are, girl I got stories that would curl your hair! Mine all belong in a mental ward. If you are talking that you take pictures cause they are proud of your success, well, then, I can't help ya there. LOL
I can just say you are very lucky! It looks like you're doing great losing, just a bit of a ways still. I'm not sure if I missed an intro from you or what, are you doing slimfast now? It's always great to have people here with us, the more the merrier.

Holly, you crack me up. "Bob rules" heehee. The only Bob rule in my house is do not disturb. lol My kids know when The Bob is on, leave me alone. Dh is finding out quick to do the same, I think secretly he's jealous. LOL I spend more time with Bob than I do him and I mean that in all seriousness, hubby is never home. As far as I'm concerned, those damn lunges are the devil! I can't even attempt #2 & 4 right now. In my dreams maybe. I can get thru #1 alot better now than when I first started but man do my legs burn (so do my knees) on those lunges. Have a problem holding poses sometimes cause of that burn. Hopefully, as we keep working away we'll all be doing those lunges like friggin Suzy-Q does on the warm-up! LOL Hope today was a great one for you.

Melissa, as usual you are my rock. What would I do without you woman? Thanks for the pep talk tonight, you knew I needed it. No one understands more the struggles I deal with than you, the only person I tell everything to.
I appreciate your friendship and your support more than you know.

So girls, today was a really rotten day for me. No exercise, not good food choices, and hardly any water. Boy, when I go off plan, I go off plan, huh?! I'm hoping tomorrow is alot better, i don't think I can go thru another day like today.

Holly2
03-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Well, I figured they do eventually get easier, but when I see Bob smiling at me and asking for 8 more reps, well :censored: lol I've been feeling like my back is pretty tired the next day too, so I must have needed some extra work there.

Yesterday was a great start to March for me. Ate well, drank water, BL workout, and hubby went for a walk with me before dinner.

However, desertdreamer, I am exactly the same as you, when I go off plan, I go OFF plan. I'm trying to not let a little splurge turn into a pig fest :ink: , but it's a hard habit to break. It's all or nothin' with me!

I had a yummy protein meal bar - the Peanut Granola one and finishing up my coffee now.

I hope you all have a very nice Thursday! :) :coffee:

Hun.e.B
03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! Are we ready to make today better than yesterday? Dani I'm talkin to you girl! LOL! I'm skipping school today to go on my daughters field trip with her, we are going to an art museum. Then this afternoon she is in the county spelling bee representing her school! Looks like no exercise for me today but we shall see. I need it desperately! Tomorrow is my big weigh in and I have a feeling I'm not going to be pleased even though i've been nothing but good for the past week and a half. Yes I peeked today but I wont tell you! LOL!

I hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day today!! Get that sweating in too!! Are you drinking your water?? Well you better be! I'll be checking on you slimfasters this afternoon! Stay strong! We can do this!!

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, I had typed a big long post and when I sent it, it went poof. So let's try this again.....

How's everyone this morning? I am so ready to have a productive day today, yesterday was a huge huge bust. I really wish that I would not let my weight dictate who I am or what sort of mood to be in. It's not like when I lose the weight my life will miraculously become perfect or that *I* will become perfect. KWIM? So why is it that I have this mindset constantly, that I can't like the person that I am right now? This is a day-to-day struggle for me and most days are great, but when it's one of "those" days, watch out. Whoa, this is turning deep, more like a therapy session. :lol:

Sooooo anywho....!

Holly, you are off to a fabulous day so far. Keep up the super job you're doing, great things are happening! Biggest loser workouts are awesome, definitely works every part of your body. I always wonder how the contestants that are 300+ pounds on the show ever get thru something like that! But then again, look at how fabulous they look when the show ends, right? I am looking for several other workouts to add, I have a tendancy to become very bored and then eventually will just stop working out. So I'm planning ahead and collecting a variety of things to do. I did the Walk Away the Pounds 3mile the other day, I loved it. I've had those for years and had always used those in the past as the only thing I did besides the bike. Like I said, I became very bored and quit. Variety is key for me to succeed, at least that much Ive learned after all these years. :lol:

Melissa, enjoy your time with your daughter, I know she'll be super in the spelling bee. I can't believe you peeked at the scale! You're a b-r-a-t!! :D
Then you go and tease like that, shame on you! I bet you made your goal, huh?

I really hope everyone has a great day. We seem to be missing some girls, where are ya ladies we miss you! Post up if you get a minute and let us know how you're doing.

I'll check in with you girls later, time for some housework.

PrincessMeme
03-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Hanging in there guys...finished my last exam this morning and been running around doing last minute errands before my spring break trip to NYC & Philly. It's funny how up north people love sunny florida and my native miamian butt is tired of it and just want to get as far away as possible. I love cold weather yeah I know I'm weird. But my main purpose is to visit this school in Philly I'll be attending this upcoming for nursing.

Okay as far as my eating it's been okay...I almost cut three lanes just to get a double cheeseburger from McDonald just now...I haven't had one since last year. If it wasn't for that semitruck taking so long to past me which made me miss the turn...I honestly probably would have been smackin on some fries right now. I guess God helped me in this temptation. I think its PMS..I always want the wrong or better worded unhealthy foods. I just finished my slimfast(for my snack) and I feel in control again. Okay I'm going to take a nap and then start packing. You ladies probably won't hear from me for awhile. Until then..see you in a little over a week.:)

desertdreamer
03-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Where is everyone? I was surprised to come in this afternoon and see no one had been here since yesterday. Hope you all get a chance to come by some time today.

So, it's finally Friday, I for one and soooo glad! I didnt bother to weigh in today, what's the point? I know the scale's either going to tell me I've gained or it'll be the same so I figured I'd just blow it off. I got in weights today and an hour on my bike, exercise all done for the day. Feels good to have that out of the way.

Anyone have any special plans for the weekend? Just sticking close to home mostly, dd has a competition thingy for band on Sat. and besides that and haircuts for the kids there's nothing planned. I am ready for some down time to just vegitate and watch the shows I recorded all week.

Ladies, have a super day and stay strong for the weekend! :carrot:

danielle

Hun.e.B
03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone!!! Oh I'm so behind with everyone! Thats what I get for being absent huh? Looks like it was pretty dead here this weekend though. So where is everyone?!

I were partying it up with my daughter who turned 11 this weekend. I've been eating REALLY really bad! But thats ending today! The I was down 2 lbs for the week on friday but they found there way back and thensome with all that nasty food I was eating so I gotta get back on the wagon here.

I went to buy my elliptical on Sunday and the store was having serious inventory issues so hopefully the manager will call me today and tell me the found the 2 missing ellipticals so I can get back to sweating! My disneyworld tickets have been purchased! No going back now!!!! That means I gotta kick it into high gear and get this weight off! Who's with me??!

Lets do some Monday confessions!?
1. Name something you did that was "off" plan this weekend.
2. Name something you did that you are VERY proud of plan wise this weekend!

Okay I'm off to get the kiddos ready for school! I'll be back to check on you this afternoon!! Be good!!

Hun.e.B
03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
My monday confessions:

1. Name something you did that was "off" plan this weekend.
Lets just say....pizza, gyros and hotwings OH MY! LOL!

2. Name something you did that you are VERY proud of plan wise this weekend!
Does not skipping any meals count? LOL! I did get in tons of walking at the mall.

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Howdy! Gosh, where has everyone gone too? Yoo hoo!!!!!
I really hope you ladies are plannin on coming back, you were all having such great success!

Had a very long weekend to say the least. Discouragement has bitten my butt hard and I'm not real proud of that. The lack of losses has been a hard thing for me to accept with all the work I'd been doing, exercise wise-food wise and not be rewarded. So aggravating! I didnt eat totally on plan this weekend and I did zero exercise, just was not up to the challenge. Today though, is another story! I know in my heart (way down there somewhere) that I really want to lose this weight. Somehwere in my pea brain I've refused to comepletely walk away from this, even if I do fall off the wagon every now & then. I keep getting back up and trying some more. Good news is that I will be tapering off some medication that will hopefully start bringing me some results with weight coming off. We shall see. At least I know there are several alternatives for me to try, it's all just going to take some time. Unfortunately I am so impatient it was the last thing I wanted to hear, buy hey, what's a girl to do, right? I've eaten on plan today, gotten in 1 workout and plan for another this afternoon. Feels great to be moving again!

Melissa- sounds like you guys had lots of fun for DD's b-day. She's gettin old, a whole 11! :lol: I'm bummed to hear that there were problems getting your elliptical yesterday. Hopefully today will be the day and then you can tell me how great it is, k? ;) Definitely gotta step it up woman, Mickey's waiting for you, and I know you wanna look & feel fabulous when you go. You can do this!!! :cheer:

Alrighty, well I gotta head out to the pharmacy and then the grocery. I'll be checking in with you all. I do hope to see some more people here today, we miss you!

Hun.e.B
03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I GOT MY ELLIPTICAL!!!! yAY!! lol! Can you tell I'm excited? My youngest stayed home sick from school today so we ran over to the sporting goods store and picked it up and its all assembled and in my livingroom just waiting for me!! I just love it!! Its so quiet!

Danielle!! Dont tell me you arent getting rewards....what bigger reward than your kids acknowledging your hard work...remember the fluff is going away! And you look smaller! C'mon...that means ALOT!!! I do know how frustrated you are and trust me I understand where you are coming from, I just wanted to remind you that all that hard work IS paying off, even if that darn evil scale isnt showing you the numbers it should be. Its all gonna turn around, I know it is!! Dont give up!! Remember last weekend? We need to pull that out again! I need a major kick in the arse...to get this train rolling again!

Funny story though, I seem to keep forgetting that the last time I went to the store I picked up my Slimfast powder because now I've got 4 cans in my cupboard LOL! I'd say blonde moment but I dyed my hair dark...is it maybe still blonde on the inside? LOL! Well I'm stocked up ready to lose lose lose!!

have a great afternoon everyone...wherever you are!!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Hello all you SF'ers! ;)

I've just started my SF journey this morning and I'm feeling great.. all I have to do now is remove the dust from the good ol treadmill and get on it.. :yes: hehe... I've been counting calories since last month and have managed to lose a few here and there.. I did SF after having my 1st child and was successful with it until I found out I was pregnant again.. so I'm turning to SF again/and eating healthy snacks.

Well it's good to be here.. hope to see you all around.

------------------------
1. What is your favorite song right now? Temperature by Sean Paul

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Shop in the skinny people stores

3. Do you collect anything?Asian art

4. What is your favorite part of your body?My butt http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/silly.gif

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?A messy house

Hun.e.B
03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Shalynn!! Welcome!! So good to meet you!! Its a little quiet after the weekend for some reason but hopefully the rest of our little group will be along soon! I had some pretty amazing success with slimfast in the past and after counting calories for awhile I came back to it! I really do love this plan! So when are you dusting off that treadmill? LOL! Good luck to you in your journey! I hope you keep posting with us! Cant wait to hear more successes coming from you!! We can do it!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Heya Melissa!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the encouragement;) - I dusted off my TM when I got home from work and really had planned to jump on it, but housework got in the way, and now I must be off to choir practice.. *sigh.. well I may just have some time when I return.. :dizzy:

Thank goodness DH is cooking today.. :carrot: well, in all honesty he cooks all the time.. :D

-Shalynn

desertdreamer
03-06-2006, 10:24 PM
:welcome: Shalynn. It's so great to have you here with us. Like Melissa said, for some reason it's gotten quiet around here, we're hoping that the others will come by some time soon.

I've had great success with slimfast in the past as well. I did try lowcarb for awhile and had some more tremendous success with that, but trying to live that lifestyle while the rest of the family does something else just got to be too much. I finally just decided to come back to what I knew worked. I love this plan, I love that it fits my lifestyle at any point in my day or week. There is no wrong way to do it and for me this is important. I'm sorta an all or nothing kinda girl. ;)

Look forward to hearing good things from you and sharing in the journey together. Glad to hear the TM got dusted off, now i really can't wait to hear how ya did on it! ;)

Have a great night!

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Alright Shalynn I wanna know...did you hit that TM?! I sure hope so!

I keep getting on my elliptical for a minute at a time...I'm just so thrilled to have the thing everytime I walk past it I gotta get on LOL! Yes I'm a freak!!

Alright I'm off to bed just had to check on you girls! I'm looking forward to hearing all kinds of good reports tomorrow!! Lets have a FANTASTIC day!!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks Danielle! :hug: It feels good to be here! As you can see from my profile info to the left I've been a member since 04.. wow! Now had I started my SF journey then, I would've been at the maintainers board and at my goal weight.. :( Am excited to see that we've got a SF thread going here. ;)

And Melissa.. I just got home, completely forgot that I had to pick my sister up from the airport.. :mad: so now it's late and I'm pooped.. If I don't get some shut eye now, I will never get up in time for work.. so the plan is, to go to bed now and get up 1/2 hr earlier than usual to jump on the good ol dusted treadmill.. lol.. seriously, that's my plan.. and on that cheery note, I bid you all a good night!

See ya in the am.

Shalynn

Gemma24
03-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Hey all, well i'm new to this whole site, so if someone wants to show me the ropes that would be great! I have started the slim fats plan today and feeling really good about it, but then don't we all on the first day!?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/muffin/lb/224/140/224/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Slimfasters!! Is everyone ready to have a stellar day!? I sure am! Its about time I get my rear back into gear and get some pounds off!

Shalynn...dont you just hate when life is constantly getting in the way? LOL! I swear if its not one thing its another. But we've always got a new day ahead of us. So...did the plan work?

Gemma...Hello and Welcome!!! So nice to meet you!! We'd be happy to help you get acclimated! If you've got any questions just ask and we'll do our best to answer! You are so right the first day we always have such fire, Sometimes I wish I could bottle it so a few weeks down the line I can take a dose! LOL! I hope you keep posting with us! We can do this....together!! good luck!!

Alright off to school for me! And then a workout when I get home!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Good morning everyone! http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s29/smilies-39385.png.. Glad to have you on board! :hug:

Shalynn...dont you just hate when life is constantly getting in the way? LOL! I swear if its not one thing its another. But we've always got a new day ahead of us. So...did the plan work?

:( Melissa, things didn't work out as planned this morning :o ! I got up early enough but couldn't find my treadmill key - :mad: And I don't have a spare.. I'm thinking DH misplaced it.. I know I NEVER misplace anything.. LOL.. If I don't find it after work, I'm going to go to the local school and walk around the track..

Out of curiousity, I'd like to know what everyone's menu look like daily.. or today, at least..

Mine is as follows:

6:30 am: Med skinny latte w/sugar free caramel iced (must have) :coffee:
Breakfast: SF Shake
Mid Morn: 1/2 C Non fat Cottage Cheese & 1 Rice Cake
Lunch: SF Shake
Mid Afternoon: Banana & Low fat wheat thins
Dinner: Salmon Filet w/ steamed carrots and baked potato
Late snack: 1/2 C non fat cottage cheese (I love cottage cheese) :D
Of course drinking water in between.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this menu?

Thanks!

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Your menu looks great to me shalynn, a little lower in calories than I do but thats okay as long as you arent hungry you are doing fantastic! Here's my menu for today

Breakfast - SF blueberry crisp bar
Snack - Skinny iced mocha (180 calories)
Lunch - Chocolate royale shake blended w/ ice and half a banana, Salad w/ tuna and light dressing
snack - 1/2 c cottage cheese w/ pinapple
dinner - pork roast, baked potato, spinach, 1/2 applesauce
snack - 1/2 FF chocolate pudding w/ 2 TBSP FF coolwhip

and of course water which I'm really low on today! going to go for 2 sets of 15 minutes on the elliptical too! Off to do the first one now!!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-07-2006, 03:43 PM
That looks great Melissa.. I think I'll try the salad w/tuna tomorrow.. Oh and while you're on the elliptical, will you do a set for excercise-lacking me? :p lol

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
LOL...you got it!! but only for you! everyone else is on their own today and dont think I'm not gonna make you pay me back when you find your key!! LOL! Have a great afternoon!

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon girls. Been a nutty day today for several reasons. 1. I totally forgot that dh was going to be home today. Yeah, we all know what it's like to have our "other half" in our hair unexpectedly. :lol: And then 2. I forgot that the kids had half-day today! Needless to say it made for a very short morning and I had tons to get done today. Looks like tomorrow will have to be the day for running around. Now that I'm all off track I am sitting here trying to get organized for the day. Sheesh!

:welcome1: Gemma! It's great to have you here with us. I know today will go super for you. Keep working at it and the results will come, I just know it! All ya gotta do is let us know how we can help out and we will do whatever we can for you. Look forward to getting to know you and sharing the journey together!

Shalynn, what, no workout!!! Just kidding! It really sucks when we set ourselves all psyched up to do something and then realize we can't. So frustrating! It's good you had a back up plan though so that will get you thru not having the TM at hand for now. Besides the exercise it sounds like you are doing famously, what more could anyone ask for, right!

Melissa, I am so jealous of you girl. You and your elliptical! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it, now it gives you great incentive to want to workout now! Woo hoo!

Shalynn As far as a menu....

when i wake up- 2cups coffee, splash of sf flavored syrup,nf creamer

Brekkie: meal on the go bar/water

snack: yogurt/ water/orange

Lunch: blender shake/ half sandwich/fruit

snack: red. fat wheat thins/ cheddar cheese (and no Melissa it's not one slice! LOL)

Dinner: tonight we're having lasagna,garlic bread(gonna have to fight me off this! LOL), salad, veggies.

I try and drink a minimum of 100oz of water as well during the day. I sometimes have about 6oz of diet soda w/ dinner, depends on my mood.
For dinner time, basically I eat whatever I make for the family which IMO is good because it keeps me observant to what I feed them as well. I really watch portion control and keep things well rounded as best I can. some days are better than others that's for sure! But as you can see, I'm definitely not starving! :lol: No reason to starve on this plan, I dont care what any one says! If they say that, then they obviously don't know how the plan works, and those are the people that you ignore. Also, if you find you're getting bored with snack or meal ideas, the slim fast site has tons of suggestions for you to pick from!

Shalynn
03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Danielle, I hear ya on the DH & the kiddos being home.. When that happens, I tend NOT to get anything done.. don't know why. :shrug: As for no workout, I don't have a single excuse but they keep on coming.. they're legitimate excuses, but really NOT. :tantrum: And I know my weightloss will be faster if I'd just workout.. blah! lol

Thanks for the workout Melissa, I can really feel the burning sensation.. haha..

2dles 4 now! ;)

desertdreamer
03-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes Shalynee, weight loss would come easier if you'd exercise! :tread: :lol:
If you do it, so will I! I haven't worked out today and I really don't feel like it. The kids have pooped me out with all their homework and games. See, I can come up with a zillion excuses too! Hhmmmm, maybe we can write a book? Think anyone would buy it? :lol: Tomorrow's a different story tho, so what do ya say? You workout, I workout? C'mon, you know ya wanna!!!! :D :D :D

Melissa, hey how'd that workout go????? Hello???? Come on, don't keep us waiting! ;)

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh I can be the queen of excuses!! LOL! I'm trying to conquer that nasty little habit though! No workout yet...well I did 3 minutes then the phone rang but I'll be on there during american idol tonight you can trust me on that one! And if I do it...you guys gotta do it too!!!

I think I wanna got to Danielles for dinner!! Did you make enough for all of us? LOL!

have a wonderful night everyone!! Remember...you better get that sweating in tomorrow!! You owe it to yourself!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Just had to let you guys know... I DID IT!! I did 30 minutes on my elliptical. actually if you count the 5 minutes I did while I was waiting for dinner to cook 35 minutes! I did 5 minutes at a time, got off for 30 to 60 seconds and got back on! It was rough and i can tell my butt is gonna be hurting tomorrow!! I'm very proud of myself...okay your turn! LOL!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah Melissa!! :carrot: Way to go!

Well ladies, once again I am just now getting home.. (kids games, another treacherous choir practice & hangin out at my dads).. I'll tell ya one thing tho, I found my key, and I jumped on the TM.. are you ready for the amount of minutes I was on???? I'll give ya a hint.. it's after 4 and before 6.. yup, you guessed it, I was on for a whopping 5 minutes!! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1346.gif.. Sheesh, talk about starting off slow.. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/544.gif.. so now I'm getting ready to call it a day so that I may get up early enough and push myself to do 6 minutes! lol..

In all seriousness, I will push until I can't push anymore. And yes ladies, we can workout together! Thanks for the encouragement.. you rock!!! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/music/musik19.gif

See you gals in the morning.

Shalynn

Hun.e.B
03-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey 5 minutes is a start!!! 5 minutes is longer than you did yesterday and the day before!! You'll keep going, thats just the launching point, getting a feel for it! And if you have to sneak in 5 minutes here and there throughout the day you are STILL better off!! The important thing is that you got on there! You made no excuses and you did it!!! Yay for you!!! Cant wait to hear how those 6 minutes went today!!! Have a fantastic day!!!!

~melissa

Shalynn
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words Melissa.. did I tell you that you rock? :D Well.. I had time this morning to do another 5 minutes.. hehe, since dislocating my knee back in July 05, I haven't done any workout due to the fear of reinjuring myself.. so it's definitely a slow go for now.. Hope your day's going swell!

Shalynn

Hun.e.B
03-08-2006, 06:28 PM
WOOOHOOO Shalynn!! See, I knew you could get on there again today! 2 days in a row!! no girl....YOU rock!! Keep it up!! Since you did it today guess that means I gotta get on mine again tonight! I'll be doing it during lost! LOL...yes I'm a tv addict thats why I needed an exercise machine to use while I watch!

Okay, I havent had my lunch shake yet...had the wrap but no shake so I better get it! Have a wonderful afternoon Slimfasters!

~melissa

IntriguedKI
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I am thinking about trying Slim Fast I am a bit reluctant because I don't want to take it for the rest of my life and I know I don't have to but I feel like if and when I stop taking the shakes, I'd gain a lot of the weight they helped me to lose back. Has anybody experienced this? How long have you all been on Slim fast if you dont mind sharing?

Shalynn
03-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi Intrigued & Welcome!! I don't feel that I'll be stuck with taking the shakes for the rest of my life - I look at it as something to help me get back on track with eating healthier/staying under my 1200 caloric intake that I'm trying to maintain - Since I'm always on the go, I find the shakes to be REALLY convenient and since I've started with SF plan, I've been snacking healthier and re-educating myself with life long "healthy" foods. Hope that helped! ;)

Hun.e.B
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Hello Intrigued and welcome!! Well, I've had amazing success with Slimfast, but it wasnt the slimfast itself that made me lose the weight, the slimfast helped me to control my calories which is why I lost the weight. Yes, I did gain my weight back over the years but it wasnt because I went off slimfast, it was because I went back to my old ways of eating. Fried foods dipped in ranch are not the way to keep weight off. Thats why all diets fail, if you dont use the keys you learn while losing you WILL gain it back. The draw to the slimfast plan is how it helps you control you eating, it takes the guesswork out of measuring and fixing your own meals. When you can control your calories you will lose!! this time around i've been slimfasting for 6 weeks and i've lost 10 lbs with slimfast. I was just counting calories for 4 weeks before that and lost 7.5 lbs. I love this plan, but its not one you starve yourself on. You've gotta check out the website to see how to do the plan correctly. If you do decide to give it a try I hope you come back and post with us! We'd love to cheer you on to success! Good luck!

Well Slimfasters I got on that elliptical again last night! I was stronger this time around and was able to do 3 sets of 10 minutes rather than the 6 of 5, and I went a little faster too but I might have to give credit for that to rihanna! LOL! I think I'll go ahead and have an official weigh in tomorrow even though I think I'm still working on taking off the damage I did last weekend. I'll have to measure too!

have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good!! I'll check back on you this afternoon!

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
IntriguedKI, welcome to the thread. Slimfast is a great way to lose weight and learn how to control your calories. This works great for me, I don't have to fuss so much with counting things right now, but still get the benefit of losing and doing it healthy.

I hope you'll decide to come post with us if you should take the plunge and give Slimfast a go.

Shalynn
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
WOOOHOOO Shalynn!! See, I knew you could get on there again today! 2 days in a row!! no girl....YOU rock!! Keep it up!! Since you did it today guess that means I gotta get on mine again tonight! I'll be doing it during lost! LOL...yes I'm a tv addict thats why I needed an exercise machine to use while I watch!

Okay, I havent had my lunch shake yet...had the wrap but no shake so I better get it! Have a wonderful afternoon Slimfasters!

~melissa

Agh! Didn't see this.. Thanks Melissa.. I wish I had your energy.. your enthusiasm.. Today, I feel blah! I was feeling under the weather yesterday but a little better today, I couldn't get up this morning to get on the TM - but I will after work. Must hit the groc store for more SF - am running low.

Happy SF'ing everyone!

Shalynn

Sassy-Sarah
03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone!

I just want to thank desertdreamer for pointing me towards his thread (in the buddy up forum) I can't believe I haven't stumbled across it before!
So I thought I 'd just introduce myself.

I've been following slimfast for the past 2 weeks now, so far so good because I work full time and so don't have much time for breakfast and lunch anyway so it does kinda slot into my life quite easily.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hun.e.B
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
EWWW shalynn..the grocery store!! LOL...I hate that place so much! I got that done and out of the way yesterday. I'm so sorry to hear that you arent feeling good. I hope its short lived! Dont worry about the TM when you are sick, just focus on feeling better first! Get some rest! Tomorrow will be a better day!

Hi Sarah!!! Welcome welcome!! So good to see you posting with us!! Way to go on your success so far!! You are doing GREAT!! keep it up!! This plan is excellent for busy people isnt it! I just love it! Its great to meet you and I hope you keep posting with us! Cant wait to see all your success come shining through!! Good luck!!

Hun.e.B
03-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Hello hello! Its me again! Just doing a little late night check in! I did my elliptical for 40 minutes tonight!! this time I did 2 sets of 15 and then a 10! Its amazing how much stronger I feel on it with each time I use it. Tormorrow will be the big weigh in day...keep your fingers crossed for me! I've been very good all week trying to make up for last weekend! I'd be thrilled with a same weighin!

I hope everyone had a fantastic day today!! Be strong and be good!!

~melissa

fmcfatterson
03-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi Slimfasters!!!:dance:

I'm thinking about starting Slim Fast. I have been doing the gym thing, doing the gym thing and then doing the gym thing a little more. And here I am now...so I realize that I need to control INPUT as well as output. I LOVE to eat, I mean LOVE IT. I think about food more than I should. I want to retrain my brain to see food as energy and not as joy, comfort, activity, etc. I used to be really in control of my eating habits but somewhere along the way I got off course and I need to learn that control again. Is this possible with the SF???? Thoughts, opinions? I'm 25 and single and I want to start dating again and I just can't until I've improved my body and my self esteem. Sooo....after that enormous confessional :blah: I would just like to say hello and I hope to be a successful part of your group. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

:df:

desertdreamer
03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
So what is everyone up to today? I hope it's including taking care of yourselves and remember the plan you've set before you to a new healthy you! :carrot:

Sarah :welcome: I'm so glad that you were able to find your way here! It's always great when new people join in, I think you will really like the slimfast plan. Just be sure to get your snacks in and exercise and you are golden!

Shalynn, girly where are ya today? Missed you yesterday I hope the end to your week was good. How 'bout that TM, have you shown it who's boss today? ;) You're on a roll, keep it up and pretty soon your minutes will be huge!

fmcfatterson, :welcome2: I am so glad that you decided to join us here. The slimfast plan is a wonderful way to regain control of your eating. I use this plan for that very reason and it's been great so far. I love food too and trust me, I think about it probably as much as you do! ;) Look forward to getting to know you and hearing of your wonderful success!

Melissa, you are doing so awesome with that elliptical!! Once you get on a roll with that exercise there is no stopping you. Keep it up lady, you inspire me!!

Well, today is rainy and cold. Good thing I planned to stay home today! Nothing special going on here, unless you wanna count folding laundry and cleaning? Nah, me either!!! :D

I do plan on getting in some exercise, maybe I will do biggest loser today. You new ladies, what sort of exercise do you enjoy doing? I am always looking for new ideas since I tend to get bored very easily. :dizzy:

Welcome again to our new chickies and look forward to keeping the support and motivation so we can all realize our goals.

Take care everyone, I'll be back to check in on you later!

fmcfatterson
03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi Danielle!

The exercise I like is moderate aerobic (treadmill walking, elliptical machines) and strength training. I'm still in the beginning phases of my strength training but I feel like I am doing well. The strength training is my favorite because I can really feel my muscle groups working. I try to read a book or something when I do the treadmill so that I don't get bored before my 60 minutes are up. :-)

All you ladies have a lovely weekend. Here's to new beginnings and fresh starts!!

Laura

desertdreamer
03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Laura! I've got a sister named Laura, so I definitely won't forget your name. ;)

It's great to see you this morning. Wasn't sure if I was gonna be alone here for awhile, or what. I do have a stationary bike I like to ride, I always watch my soap while I ride to keep my mind off the fact that my butt is falling asleep. :D I would love a treadmill too, I love to walk. However, living in an apt. there is very limited room. Living in hot hot weather also isnt a fun way to walk outside. :dizzy: Still think my idea of getting rid of living room furniture and turning it into a gym is a great idea. That way if ya wanna be in there ya gotta be doing something. :p For some reason, hubby didn't agree with my enthusiasm. I wonder why? heehee

I always say, thank goodness new beginnings are free, I would be broke if they weren't! :lol:

You take care and enjoy your day.

Ciarra
03-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello,
I am a new slim fast user. I have done Atkins before but that is just so hard to follow long term. It involves so much cooking and I just don't have the time or patience right now. My heighest weight was 260, lowest 185. Unfortunately I'm at 200 right now. I will see 165 eventually and that is where I plan to stay.
I am an exerciser. I have an 8 year old son and we ride bikes on days that the weather alows us. Also, I like yoga, and trying to get into pilates.
Anyway, today I ate breakfast, will have shake for lunch, an apple for a snack, and dinner with the family. (my transition day) Tommmorrow I will do 2 shakes, 2 apples and then dinner with the family.

desertdreamer
03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
:welcome3: Ciarra. It's great to have you here with us. You will definitely reach your goal, you sound very motivated and determined. It's great that you like exercise, that is one of the biggest hurdles for most to get thru, you're so much farther ahead in the game. Do please make sure you are getting enough calories in! You should have a "combo meal" at lunch or dinner (depending on when you choose to have your 2nd SF product). This includes your slimfast along with an extra 200 cal. food. If you havent already, do check out the slim fast site and get some super great ideas for meals and snacks. Looking forward to hear great things from you! We can do this!!!

Hun.e.B
03-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Just stopping in quickly, I have to head back out to the mall...I'm SERIOUSLY depressed today! My husband and I are going to a concert tonight and I'm trying to find something to wear besides my usual oversized tshirts and workout pants! I got some jeans but now for a top...AHHH! I'm so sick of being fat! I tried on a vneck fitted black top, looks alright but then I notice these fat rolls on my arms!! I cant go out in short sleeves! I'm so disgusted with myself! I need to go into some serious warrior mode here! I'm going to disneyworld in july and I'm not going FAT!!! We are going to waterparks...can you imagine me in a swim suit when I cant even manage a short sleeved top! *sigh*

I just wanted to give a great big WELCOME to Laura and Ciarra!!! so great to see you guys here posting with us!! I hope to catch up more and properly with you later when I'm not in such a poor fat me mode!

On a good note I did another 40 minutes on the elliptical last night! Yay!! I want to do that again as soon as I get back from the stores! Keep your fingers crossed I can find something to hide inside! Oh thats not healthy talk at all is it?!

have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

toolou4u
03-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi all I am new to this forum. I started slim fast/source of life shake diet today!
I need to lose 65lbs. I hope I can do it. I am here to talk and motivate and to find motivation and inspiration. I really need to have a buddy or a group of buddies to help me through this. I really hope this works and I would love to hear some of your success stories. I spent 24 years of my life in great shape and the last 5 in increasingly awful shape. I have a 6 month old and am ready for a change of pace. Thanks and I am looking forward to talking to you all

Hun.e.B
03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Good Morning toolou4u!! Welcome to our little group! Its really great to meet you! I am so with you on not wasting anymore time being out of shape!! Those little ones are exactly the reason we need to do this!! I lost 75 lbs on slimfast a few years ago, but went back to my old nasty habits and surprise surprise it all came back! For new years I started calorie counting and it just wasnt going as well as I'd hoped so I went back to slimfast! I love the way they have laid out the plan now and so far I'm down 17.5 lbs! Its taking a little longer this time around but I'd like to think thats because I'm doing it healthier and its actually gonna stick this time! No more going back, no more excuses! My biggest motivation this time around is a family vacation to Disneyworld this July! I refuse to go in this body. last summer we took our girls to an amuzement park and I had to get off one of the rides I was going on with my daughter when they couldnt latch the security bar. Talk about embarrassing, that wont be happening this time! Anyway, sorry to ramble!! I just wanted to let you know how great it is to see you posting with us! I cant wait to get to know you better and see you reach your goals!! Together we can do this!! Good luck to you!!

Alright, so after my poor me party yesterday I went to the mall and found a really cute zipper hoodie to wear over my tshirt. I thought I looked so cute last night! LOL! We had a good time at the concert and being the designated driver kept me from wasting calories on drinks. I didnt necessarily eat on plan yesterday but luckily the scale stayed the same today! I'm ready to really kick things into high gear this up coming week. I think I'll post up my goals for the week to keep myself accountable....I call this warrior mode! LOL! Anyone else want to join me in kicking some butt and taking off some weight this week?!

I'm off to figure out my menus for the week! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!
~melissa

IntriguedKI
03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all the comments to my questions guys. I am going to the nutritionist soon so I'll see what she thinks about it and if I get a go from her, I'll start Slim Fast!!!

fmcfatterson
03-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Hey Melissa!

I'm so glad you found something cute to wear to the concert!! I know attempting to buy new clothes can suck the life out of any day. I'm glad you had a great time. Who did you go see?

Laura

desertdreamer
03-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Hello! I can't believe that it's already Sunday night! Where did the weekend go? The days are flying by, just a big reminder that weeks, months are going by fast and the year is slipping thru my fingers.

toolou4u, :welcome2: It's great to have you with us! Of course you can do this! We're here for you, whatever you need. We all need support and definitely someone to push us with motivation, you are not alone. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing you achieve your goals.

Melissa, I hope the concert was fun. If anything, at least you got some time out alone with dh. I would kill for some of that right now, it's been so long since we've been out. No offense to my munchkins, but a night out w/out them sounds heavenly! No more pity party's lady, you can do this! Things are changing for you everyday, just think how far you've come on that ellip and you haven't had it a week yet! Go you!!!! Warrior mode sounds like it's the name of the game for both of us, I'm in. :high:

I think we should set some short term goals for ourselves and post them, whatcha all think? I think I'd do better if every time I'm here I am reminded of that. I dunno, just pondering things tonight. I seem to keep forgetting how far I've come with exercise and the fact that I haven't had a binge in about 6 weeks. Yet, I keep focusing on the fact that I'm not losing weight, what I feel like I'm doing wrong, etc... Negative self-talk is so debilitating, I need to get out of this mode of thinking!!!

Alrighty well, I just wanted to pop by and welcome our newest gal-pal and see what you all were up to. Let's have a stellar Monday girls! We can do this! :cheer:

:dust:

Ciarra
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Starting something new is always great. I was a little over 200 but not willing to put it down (denial, ya know) and this morning showed 198.8!
Well today is Monday, and I guess I'll set some goals for my week.
I will drink my water every day.
I will not eat past 7 pm. (this really seems to help, if I don't tell myself the kitchen is closed because I tend to overeat the worst at night)
I will watch my portions.
I'll watch my sodium intake as well.
I will log my calories as I eat throughout the day. Just to see where they fall.
I will exercise at least 5 times this week.
Next Monday I'll update my current loss and there will be something there.

fmcfatterson
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Okay, here we go. My goals for this week are:

Write out meal plans for the rest of the week and buy the items listed at the grocery store tonight

Do 60 minutes of moderate treadmill walking MWF

Work chest, legs back and torso MWF - 2 exercises for each muscle group, 3 reps of 12 per exercise

Thats it....hopefully a small list will be easier for me to achieve. Everyone have a lovely day!! It's raining here where I am but I like rain I think it's the most romantic weather:val2:

Laura

toolou4u
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Okay, here are my short term goals for the week...
I will exercise Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Friday
I will drink all of my water each day this week AND Weekend(no excuses)
I will keep my portions controlled during my snacks and my 1 meal a day.

This does not seem too unrealistic...It's just for 7 days right girls!
Then we can start over next week.

:carrot: work it out!

toolou4u
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
One question for allyou slimfaster's out there...I would love some ideas for snacks that you all eat. I am a vegetarian so no meat snacks please :D
Thanks for your input.
I know that this is only day 2 (for me) but I am pretty hungry. I hope this feeling goes away in a couple of days. It was so hard to make Mac-n-Cheese for the little girl I watch and not have any, but I did it. I am pretty proud of myself ( i love cheese)

Hun.e.B
03-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Happy Monday Slimfasters!!! My lovely family went and shared their cold with me!!! Wasnt that so nice of them! I hope it doesnt affect my elliptical usage, so far its just head congestion but these things have a nasty habit of moving into my chest. We'll see!

That being said here are my goals for this week
Elliptical 45 mins 6x
Biggest loser #3 3x
80 - 100 oz of water everyday
1700 calories a day
and hopefully a loss on friday! LOL!

Danielle...are you doing those affirmations today?? :wink: :joker:Remember its 3x a day 10x each! LOL! Sorry I couldnt resist!

Ciarra...your goals for this week look GREAT!!! We can do this!! Way to go on the loss...Welcome to ONEderland!!! Excellent job!! See something is working!

Laura...babysteps will get you to your goal! You've got some great plans for the week! Be strong and take the control I know you can do this!! I'm right there with you!! Oh, and to answer your question earlier, we went to see Unwritten Law...they were great!! thanks so much for your support!

toolou4u....excellent goals this week!! We can do this....like you said its just 7 days!!! Take it one day at a time!! And if there is a slip, we dont even have to wait till next week, we can start over today!! I know what you mean about the mac n cheese, I love the stuff and its so hard to make it for my girls! I've found that the easy mac is so much easier to resist and mine are of the age they can make their own! LOL! Here are some of my favorite snacks:
1/2 pita bread with 2 TBSP hummus
orange (or any fruit but I love oranges)
1/2 c cottage cheese w/ pineapple
wheat thins w/ lite veggie cream cheese
smart pop popcorn
craisins
baked tortilla chips w/ salsa
celery w/ veggie cream cheese
cheese w/ wheat thins
yogurt w/ fresh berries
FF Sugarfree pudding w/ FF coolwhip
no sugar added vanilla icecream w/ 1 TBSP hot fudge
almonds
thats all i can think of right now, I hope it helps a little!

Alrighty I must get some homework done before the kiddos get home from school, I'll check in on you later!! How are you doing on those goals for today?!

PrincessMeme
03-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey Ladies! I'm baaaaaaaaaaacck!:) Well it was a great spring break I really didn't want to come back to this dry *** reality of book, exams, classes, and work. But hey I'm here and guess what I weigh the same before I left. Why am I happy because I indulged in everything I wouldn't allow myself to do at home. But even though I indulged I did it in moderation. I did alllllllllllloooooot of walking in NYC and Philly......shoot it was a workout but I enjoyed it knowing that I'm burning calories. So I'm currently drinking my slimfast protein shake for my midmorning snack. I completed billy bootcamp this morning b/c I was so lazy to drive off to the gym.

Goals for this week...Jog 10-12 miles by sunday..and monitor my eating and not let my spring break habit spill over to everyday habits. And study for my exam...yes I already have one guys. Catch up later let me hit the books. Much love everyone and its great to see everyone has been doing well and updating. Take care.

prettynpink
03-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Does the SlimFast Optima which is supposed to control hunger work any different than regular Slimfast?

Hun.e.B
03-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Welcome Back Melissa!!!!! So great to see you! I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself without overdueing it and didnt come back to a mess on the scale!! Way to go girl!!! Excellent job at jumping right back into the mix!! You rock!! Im feeling that before spring break crunch now, next week I've got 3 exams and an outline for a major paper due! OUCH!! LOL! Have a great day lady!! Keep up the great work!

prettynpink....the optima is much lower in sugar and has more protein and fiber than the regular slimfast products. So yes it does work better. Also with the way they have the plan now you eat more during the day whereas on the regular slimfast you were only doing 1200 calories a day. will you be joining us?

Whew...the morning got away from me, time to run to class, I'll check in on you later!! Have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good!

~melissa

Ciarra
03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
snacks.....
fruit and crunchy, raw veggies are always safe.
Nuts or a small serving of peanut butter.
cheese.....
cheese and fruit seems really satisfying for me.
same goes for nus and fruit....
like apples with a dab of peanut butter....

197.2 this morning!
I feel it is all the water I am drinking and that only lasts for a few days, but it is encouraging!

prettynpink
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I am on the fence. Not sure if it will work for me cause it hasn't in the past. But I am really trying to lose some weight- quickly, well not too quickly just don't want it to take forever- so I'm wondering if I should try.

Hun.e.B
03-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Way to go Ciarra!!! Down some more!! Excellent work! What kind of scale do you have? I noticed you get tenths of pounds readings and thats what I would like to get.

Prettynpink....I'm not sure why the SF plan hasnt worked for you in the past, the plan is nothing more than calorie in vs. calorie out as are all plans. So the only way it shouldnt work is if you are eating more calories than your body needs or if you werent eating enough. Alot of people think they need to starve themselves to lose weight and thats just not the case. Slimfast is also not a drug, its not something have to "be on" or "take forever". The slimfast products give you more control over calories. Its meal replacement and thats all. There are no magic supplements in Slimfast that make you lose weight they just help you to eat less at a meal. So if you were to gain your weight back after stopping using the products its because you are consuming more calories that your body needs its not because you went off slimfast. The name is also deceiving, alot of people think this is a quick fix program and its not, they still only recommend you lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. Again its all about calorie in vs calorie out. Weight loss is a frustrating journey, but you've got to keep reminding yourself, it didnt come on overnight its not gonna come off overnight either. And honestly the longer you take to get it off...the longer its gonna stay off.

Alright, getting quiet around here again! This cold is doing me in, I'm not happy about that! Plus I've got a killer week next week with exams which means I've gotta go into hermit mode with my studying and research. I really really want to see a loss on the scale this week, I'm tired of seeing the same numbers! Time to step it up and get moving!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic afternoon! Whats for dinner?

~melissa

Ciarra
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Melissa,
Feel better soon! Colds are absolutely no fun.

Prettynpink,
Tell us a little about yourself. Maybe we can help you to tweak things a bit to work better. some big factors affecting weight loss are:
amount you need to lose, the smaller the number the harder it is to lose it.
age, unfortunately the older we get the harder it is to lose
meds: these can really effect your system
medical problems like thyroid issues, diabetes, etc.

also take a close look at what you are eating. Any added fat, butter, oil can add tons of calories to even the most innocent of foods. Take broccolli for example (1 cup = 30 calories)it is very low calorie, but you add butter (1tsp=120 calories) and it starts getting much less feasible. (from 30 calories to 150). All those things add up and quickly. American cheese is roughly 95 calories a slice do if you add that to a cup of broccolli again 125 calories for a serving. There are some fats I really like unfortunately, so I really have to watch it. Also all breads are not created equally. Go for lower calories, more fiber types.
BTW Slim fast does not say count those calories. They suggest a really sensible plan, but take a look at it, not a lot of added fat that add up to empty calories. Healthy fruits and veggies and low fat snacks.
Also, do you exercise? That is a huge factor.
Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope to hear from you soon.

sunkissed
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey y'all!! I'd like to join!! I'm starting tomorrow!! I'll be doing the Optima plan. Any motivation, tips, and success stories are gladly welcomed! Good luck to you all (and me too LOL!!)

Hun.e.B
03-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi Sunkissed!! Welcome to our group! Its so great to have you!! I've had some amazing success with slimfast in the past, but I went back to my old ways and gained it all back! but, I'm back to whats worked for me and hoping to take off another 70 or so lbs! Cant wait to share success with you!! We can do this!! We deserve it!! Good luck to you too!!!

Great advice Ciarra!!

Have a wonderful night Slimfasters!

tryingtolose45lbs.
03-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and I would LOVE to join your Slim Fast group! Thanks for the invite Melissa (Hun E.B.)!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have to start at the beginning of this thread and read all the posts. I just started the Slim Fast Plan (two shakes morning/afternoon) and then a sensible dinner. Is that how everyone does it here? I am so excited! Thanks for having me!!

tryingtolose45lbs.
03-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I am also going to exercise too. I walk at least 25 miles a week and three days a week I add in some weight lifting. So, now just SF'ing, exercising too. And, as the name says, trying to lose 45 lbs. (hopefully by August - Anniversary). Thanks!!

Ciarra
03-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Welcome sunkist and tryingtolose45!
I'd like to encourage ya'll to look at the slimfast website. According to your current weight they have recomendations for numbers of snacks and combination meals that is basically a slimfast product plus 200 healthy calories. Really is a lot of food to keep you from getting hungry. I have done slimfast in the past too when it was a shake for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner. But this looks so much better, lots of snacks and who doesn't like snacks? Much more doable i my opinion.

Trying to lose 45, Way to go on the exercise. I do a little pretty much everyday. Some days more and some less, but no where near 25 miles a week, that is so awesome!

tryingtolose45lbs.
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
When I first started working out 6 weeks ago I couldn't even walk a mile. I have built myself up over the last couple of weeks to at least 4-5 miles a day, six days a week. I also do some weight training when I can. I have not stepped on a scale (my downfall last time I tried to lose weight). I made myself a twelve-week workout calendar and will weigh myself for the first time at the end (half way there!!). I have two sets of pictures: one the first day I started and another four weeks into working out and dieting and :BIG CHANGE! I plan on taking another set (back, front, side) in two more weeks. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hun.e.B
03-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Slimfasters!!

tryintolose...Welcome!! I'm so glad you popped over to join us! Way to go on that exercise!! that is incredible!! It sounds to me like you really have things under control and are being very smart about it! I love your workout goals and your calendar idea! Cant wait to see what the big results are going to be!! Like Ciarra said dont forget about those snacks! Its amazing how much you get to eat on the new improved SF plan!! Good luck to you!!!

Off to another day for me! Dentist didnt go well for one of my daughters yesterday and we are going back again today, my poor baby has to have an absessed tooth pulled! I havent made it back onto my elliptical since last weekend..shame shame! Lucky for me the scale hasnt moved up, I think keeping the eating in check is helping there. Then once this cold lifts I can get to sweating again! Water has been my biggest downfall the past few days, gonna try my hardest to work on that today, theres no reason I shouldnt be doing that right?!

Well I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC on plan day today!! Be strong and keep that control!! You deserve all the good things that will come from it!!

desertdreamer
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Good Morning Slimfasters!!!! I don't have alot of time this morning but wanted to check in and see how ya'll were doing. Looks like things are rolling along beautifully for everyone!!! :dance:

A big big :welcome3: to our newbies here. I can't wait to read more about your goals and what you've been up to. The SF plan is a great way to lose the weight and get the control back. Keep it up ladies, you can do this!

I will be back later to do personals, I've only got a few minutes before I gotta take DS to the orthodontist. I've also got DD home today with a sore throat. Apparently strep is going around in her class and she came home with the little paper the nurse sends out. Not exactly sure if she's *really* sick or just tryin' to be cause of what she read on the note? :lol: She's got no fever and her throat's not even red. Hhhhhmmmmmmmm Just kept her home anyways just in case, at least she gets good grades.

alright girls, I'm outtie for a bit but I'll be back. Keep shining!

fmcfatterson
03-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi tryingtolose!! Welcome! I am doing the Optima plan which lets you eat more food, as Ciarra pointed out. I have been on it since Monday (not long, I know) but I like it. It gives me the necessary structure to relearn healthy eating habits. I would suggest it since it encourages fruit and veggie consumption. 25 miles a week??? Goodness sounds like you are busy. Do you do your miles on a treadmill or outside?

Everyone have a lovely day and keep on keepin' on. We are all successful simply for being here for each other. The rest is just gravy.:dizzy:

Laura

Ciarra
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,
Spring break here and my son had a friend spend the night. They are playing on the xbox now. Things have been busy....
As for me I have trouble staying of the scale. This morning showed a loss too. 196.4 (-.8) Nice to see it moving in the right direction.
Could not imagine waiting 12 weeks but good for you. I'm sure you will see a big difference.

Laura, I have to agree this new plan seems so much more doable. I did the old slimfast plan and lost well, but was hungry. This one is much more feasable.

Danielle, hope your daughter is well or recovers quickly. And good luck at the orthodontist.

Mellissa, feel better soon and best wishes at the dentist. Hope that goes well. Baby tooth right? Would hate to be pulling an adult tooth.
Talk to ya'll later.

Hun.e.B
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
WOOOHOO ciarra another loss!!! Yay! I just love posts like that! Just dont become a slave to that evil machine because it will be mean sometimes and I dont want to see you getting frustrated! You are doing so great!!! and yes, it is a baby tooth thats being pulled today, not sure why I'm so worried about it. anyway keep up the good work!!

Danielle...I miss you!!! LOL!

Have a great afternoon everyone! I'm off to do some homework! Feeling much better today I think, might even venture onto that elliptical this evening afterall! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I'm running late today but I had to pop in and wish you all a FANTASTIC day!! Be good! Be Strong! We can do this!!

~melissa

tryingtolose45lbs.
03-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi tryingtolose!! Welcome! I am doing the Optima plan which lets you eat more food, as Ciarra pointed out. I have been on it since Monday (not long, I know) but I like it. It gives me the necessary structure to relearn healthy eating habits. I would suggest it since it encourages fruit and veggie consumption. 25 miles a week??? Goodness sounds like you are busy. Do you do your miles on a treadmill or outside?

Everyone have a lovely day and keep on keepin' on. We are all successful simply for being here for each other. The rest is just gravy.:dizzy:

Laura

I work full time so I either walk with Leslie Sanson video in the morning. Or, when it's not too cold, I walk outside in the morning and then finish up with my daughter at about 6:00 - I walk/jog with her in her radio flyer wagon :) I get some exercise and get to spend some quality time with her! Win/win!

This Slim Fast diet - so far, I just drink a shake in the morning and then afternoon. Helps me with my calorie intake. Maybe after a while I will introduce new things. Not getting on the scale really isn't that bad for me. I was so obsessed with weighing myself the last time I tried to lose weight that I let it make me fail. But, I do take pictures and that has shown a BIG difference. I workout 6 days a week. That's not my downfall - I like exercising...the eating part is a different story! That 's why I like Slim Fast Plan (so far - we'll see).

Hun.e.B
03-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Alright ladies...were did you go!!? its much much too quiet here for this to be a support group! LOL! I hope everyone is doing great and just busy sweating off those lbs and thats why you've not been checking in!!

Happy St. Patricks day everyone!! Does anyone celebrate in the true sense here? I've never even tried corned beef and cabbage, have you? Now if only they made fat free, sugar free Baileys Irish cream! LOL!

I think the cold is getting closer and closer to be gone gone gone so I can go into warrior mode next week! I stepped on the scale today and there was no change, but since I've not exercised all week thats not surprising. My food choices havent been the greatest and TTOM started this week too...so I'll take that number this week, but I'm ready to knock it out of the 230s next week!! I'm tired of seeing that number on the scale! Its time for a change!!

Any plans for the weekend?

have a fantastic on plan day today!! Be good! You deserve the best in life!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
03-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey ladies..just jumping in this week hasn't been good at all..I let those spring break habits become my daily habit. Consequently I've gained 2lbs..:(.
Net my weight loss from slim fast at 1lbs instead of 3lbs.:(

Well, I'm not going to let this discouraged me...simply stated I haven't done any exercise this week which didn't help my situation. So next week is a new beginning and I'm ready. This weekend I'll be going to Atlanta with my boyfriend for our two years anniversary. I can't wait...:) So I'll see you guys on Monday. Be encouraged!

Hun.e.B
03-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Have a GREAT weekend Melissa! I'll be ready to hit it hard with you come monday!! We can do it!

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
TGIF girls. Everyone ready for a great weekend? Only one more week before my kids are out for spring break, I can't believe it. The school year has just flown by in a hurry!

Looks like everyone is doing wonderfully, it's great to see. Keep it up girls, you deserve this, you can do it!

Melissa, glad that the cold seems to be getting hint and leaving you alone. I know you'll do great next week with your comittment to upping the effort even more. Go you!!!

Melissa(princess), your attitude is amazing. You are definitely going to lose what you want, get to goal and stay there. You've got the right mindset, a winner all the way!

Not alot going on here now. Hopefully getting a puppy this weekend. Finally, company during the day! :lol:

Be well! ♥

Hun.e.B
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Happy friday Danielle! Oh I cant believe you are finally gonna get that puppy! How long have I known you and you've always wanted one...they are alot of work I'm tellin ya! LOL! And just think of all those long walks you are gonna be getting in! I'm very excited for you!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Happy Monday Slimfasters! How did the weekend go? Weekends are always the toughest for me to stick to plan. This weekend both the hubby and I were really sick it was all we could do to drive somewhere to pick something up to keep the kids fed. Needless to say when I did eat it wasnt good. Feeling somewhat better today but maybe because I've got no choice but to get up and out the door. One more week before spring break!

My plan for this week is to reduce my calories by quite a bit to compensate for the lack of exercise. My goal is for 1300 a day, we'll see how it goes, I refuse to go through the day feeling hungry.

So what is your plan for a successful week? have a wonderful day today!! Be good!!

desertdreamer
03-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Goooood Morning Girls! Gosh it sure got quiet in here didn't it? I hope ya'll are all busy taking care of yourself and moving those tushies and that's why you haven't been in to visit. I gotta say, *I* haven't been moving much of anything lately, struggling big time over here. The mental game is so huge for me right now, like a huge huge boulder in my path. Struggling to find a way around it or to move it off the road, so far not so good. I'm still having my SF but I'm snacking alot, and not always on good healthy stuff. Exercise has been non existent as well and that is never good for me since I have a thing for trying to get moving already. Ugh, I just need to quit the belly-aching and get off my butt and do this. The right way.

I hope you are all ready for a great week! I need to have a great week, get myself going again. Post up and let us know how you're doing, even if it's not been good or going as planned!!

Have a good day girls, I'll check in w/ you later. :)

Hun.e.B
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
How'd your day go Danielle? I'm so sorry you've gotta deal with this tummy side effect. I swear if its not one thing its another...whats the lesser of 2 evils? I hope that you ended up having a great day despite it. We can do this woman! I know we can!

I turned things around today despite this darn sickness. Almost made it through my classes, had to leave my last one early due to uncontrollable coughing. But...I DID meet my calorie goal for today and I even exercised!!! I was just feeling so much better this evening I thought I'd get on the ol elliptical and see how it felt. I ended up going for 30 minutes. Would have maybe gone longer but I didnt have shoes on (told you I was just seeing how it felt) and my toes were getting tingly. Water is almost none existant but I'd say today was a success!! Keeping my fingers crossed for another great day tomorrow! Whenever i feel like just using sickness as an excuse I keep telling myself that June will be here soon. I have family coming in June and I really dont want to be this big when they get here. Cant waste a day! Everyday must be about meeting goal! I'm ready to do it again tomorrow!

~melissa

desertdreamer
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Melissa I am so proud of you. Even thru sickness and you are still making an effort. What an inspiration to me, especially right now when I find myself struggling and questioning whether it's worth it at all to try.

I am struggling, trying desperately to just tread water right now. Eating was alot better yesterday and my water is never a problem, been doing it for so many years it's second nature. At least I've got that going for me. :lol:
Exercise is not happening again and it's only getting harder and harder for me to do. I know alot of this has to do with the switching of medications. Being so low on the one I'd been on for months is causing alot of upheavel in my recovery and only started the new one yesterday at a very very low dose..so I am in major transition and just trying to get thru each day with my sanity in tact. :dizzy: I'm hoping that this will do it, that this will give me what I need to feel good but to allow me to get the weight off. Not expecting a cure or a way to drop the weight w/out trying, but just let me get the results I want after working so hard.

Going to look at some puppies today in Queen Creek, should be fun. I am excited to get a dog, especially a puppy! I need a companion around here, all my kids are getting older and don't need their ole mom hovering around. :lol:
Give me something to do instead of always lamenting about my weight.

Have a great day. It feels like it's just you & me Melissa. Did we lose everyone else again???? I hope not.
Anyways, I'm off to visit the pooches. I'll check in later with you.

Hun.e.B
03-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Danielle you ARE worth it! This battle IS worth it! I know its all so darn frustrating right now but its never an excuse to give up on you! You deserve a healthy life, you kids and dh deserve a healthy mom and wife! You've come so far, and those meds are going to get figured out eventually just dont give in! I hope you had fun looking at puppies! Maybe not thinking about losing and just focusing on healthy eating is the right way to go right now. Put the scale away and just be healthy!

Well, first exam of the week down now to get my paper done! I'm feeling pretty good today, going to go for that elliptical again this afternoon! I think my sickness has my tastebuds playing tricks on me because my Blueberry crisp bar sure was sweet this morning!

I hope everyone is doing great!! We sure do miss all the chatter! This journey to lose weight is so much easier when you've got friends to help you along the way!

Have a fantastic Tuesday!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Happy Wednesday to anyone out there! I had another fantastic on plan day yesterday. Stayed in my 1300 calories and did 1 HOUR! on the elliptical!!! Granted I went a little slower but I did it!!! The scale is even finally moving in the right direction but since my official weigh in is Friday that will have to wait!!

I'm looking forward to another wonderful day today!!! Feels good to be in control even if I am a big coughing phlem ball lately! LOL!

Have a wonderful day...sure would love to hear from you....anyone?!

~melissa

karmelkissed
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi ladies, I am fairly new to the website and have been lurking. I have decided to use Slimfast to drop these last few pounds and I love their website and I enjoy seeing how well it works for everyone here.
I hope you all don't mind if I join you!
Best of luck to each of you :)

Hun.e.B
03-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi Karmelkissed!! Welcome! I'd love to have you join in and chat!! The more the merrier and the stronger we can be!! Good luck to you too~! I hope today has been a fantastic day for you!!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm gonna start singing....Lonely...I'm so lonely...dont have no body...LOL! I'll just talk to myself! I did another hour on the elliptical last night!! Stuck to my 1300 calories during the day! Doing fab!!

Today so far is another on plan day, forgot to take my bar to school with me but luckily the little store there carried shakes so I had one of those instead. And then after classes instead of taking the bus to the parking lot where my car is I walked. Only about a mile maybe but its still burning calories!!

tomorrow is my official weigh in!! Can you believe I'm actually excited for it!! LOL!

Have a great day!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I am pretty new here, not a big poster but was excited to see that the Slim Fast had its own thread!!! I started the pre made shakes last week and dropped 4.5 pounds since last Monday. I wanted to show what I am eating and ask a few questions....
Morning - milk chocolate slimfast shake
Lunch - milk chocolate slimfast shake
Dinner - a weight watcher or lean cuisine meal plus a veggie
Snack - varies, fresh fruit, jell-o, graham crackers.

I also have been walk/jogging 3-5 miles every other day and the Walk away the Pounds tapes/dvds on the other days.

Are the bars Slimfast makes good and do you eat them instead of a shake? Can you add bananas and stuff to the premade shakes and put it in the blender?

THANKS!!!

Hun.e.B
03-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi FL Mom!! So glad to meet you! I was feeling so alone! LOL! Congrats on some GREAT success so far!! Way to go!! I personally dont really like the bars. I find them way too sweet. But I did find some that I like, the blueberry crisp and the cherry crisp that dont seem to be quite as sweet as the chocolate ones. The bars are really good taste wise I'm just not a big sweet person. Funny thing to say on this plan right! LOL! And I add banana to my lunch shake. I use the chocolate powder and add half a banana and 1 Cup of ice and blend. Thats my favorite shake of the day! I bet you could do the same with the premade ones too. Give it a try! Strawberries are good add ins too!

Keep up the good work!! You are doing so GREAT!!! Cant wait to hear more successes from you!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Good morning!! Okay official weigh in for me down 2.5 lbs! I finally made it to the 20 lbs lost! yay!!

Didnt get to the elliptical last night, I was too busy studying for a macroeconomics exam I have today. Then its spring break!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Melissa - CONGRATS to you too!!!! 20 is AWESOME!!! :carrot:

I am looking at getting an elliptical, what brand do you have? I saw one at Dicks Sporting goods that is a Pro-form on sale from 469.99 to 299.99... did you do research before buying? My kids want me to get one so they can play on it!!! The weather is getting so nice now I love being outdoors... I am undecided.......:?:

Well good luck!! and thanks for the reply!!!

Hun.e.B
03-24-2006, 03:39 PM
happy Friday FL MOM!!! I did research ellipticals before buying but the biggest thing for me was price. I didnt have alot to spend but I didnt want junk. I ended up getting a bodyfit by sports authority for $299. I'm really really happy with it. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles some of the higher end ones have but its got moving arms or stationary, adjustable tension 8 levels, heartrate monitor, goes forward and backward, calorie counter, speed, time and it super quiet. The only thing I wish it had was a waterbottle holder. But I think I can rig something up I just havent done it. I love it because I love tv and I can hop on there while I watch my favorite shows and watch guilt free.

Thanks so much for the support! It really means alot!

My exams are over and I'm a free woman for a whole week! Now if only I could stash the kids somewhere too! LOL! I hope everyone is having a great day and is ready to have a fantastic weekend!! Be good! You deserve the best!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Today is the last day for our Spring Break!!! The kids had a lot of fun and it was nice being off of work for the week but I am BEAT!!! We have baseball kick off wknd this wknd and my dd has a friends bday party on Sunday so we are packed with things to do!!!

Melissa how many kids do you have? Ages? I have 2 (I guess you could figure that by my screen name) they are 7 (boy) and 3 (girl) Jayson and Taryn....

Thanks for the info on the elliptical...I am still undecided :?:
I just ordered Turbo Jam after watching the infomercial and checking out the posts here on the 3FC I think I will really like this.... it should be here in 5-7 days!!

Enjoy your weekend and Spring Break!!!!

Hun.e.B
03-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Danielle has Turbo Jam..wherever she went! LOL...at least I think she does anyway. But I've seen alot of talk about it and everyone seems to really like it. My favorite workout dvd is the biggest loser dvd which I havent used in awhile..shame on me! I have 2 girls Taylor is 11 and Jordan is 7.

Have a great weekend!! Being busy will keep you out of trouble! Enjoy!!

~melissa

kissesmomof4
03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi all. May I join you too? I did slimfast once before for a week or two and it went well, I have no idea why I stopped but I thought what the heck I will try it again so I bought some shake mix today (I am a chocolate powder girl)

I do have a question. I have been to the site but would like to hear from REAL PEOPLE about what they typically do for their slimfast "menu". I fear going over board with the real food and then what is the point. If anyone wants to share I would be super grateful.

Amanda

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi there - welcome Amanda - glad to have you!! :welcome3:

My day is usually a slim fast shake twice a day and then a lean cuisine or weight watcher meal for the other meal (sometimes lunch or dinner). I have done well on this. Of course your meal could be something you cooked yourself but I just do better with pre-portioned meals. I usually add a veggie with those meals.

Melissa - have a great Spring Break week... we are back to work and school, kids are REAL excited!!! :p

Lets have a great week everyone!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Hello Amanda!! Welcome!! so great to meet you!! I'm a chocolate powder girl myself, at least thats my favorite, I like to add ice and blend so its like a shake. The slimfast plan is really different now than what it used to be, they recommend more calories than before when it used to be shake for breaky, shake for lunch and a meal. Here's my menu for today
Breakfast - cappaccino shake and an orange
snack - FF yogurt w/ blueberries
Lunch - chocolate shake w/ banana and half a ham sandwich
snack - half whole wheat pita w/ hummus
dinner - chicken breast, brown rice and mixed veggies and 1/2 C applesauce
snack - 1/2 C no sugar added icecream

And water water water, which I seem to be struggling with lately because of a nasty cold so i've been adding crystal light to it. Better than not I'm guessing! LOL! Good luck to you amanda!! Cant wait to see all your successes!!

Stephanie....I hope you have a great day back to work! Sorry it had to come so soon LOL!

I hope everyone has a GREAT day today!! My goal is to get back on that elliptical today after taking the weekend off!! Be good!

~melissa

kissesmomof4
03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Thank you for the welcomes and sharing what your days were like. I am just so scared to once again start something and mess it up or have it not work so I am trying to make sure I am on track. So far this is what my day looks like:

B:powder chocolate shake made with 1/2 milk, 1/2 kefir, ice cubes, 1/2 a banana, and 1 tsp flax seeds

Lunch: 1 1/2 cups oriental blend salad, 1 TBS crispy noodles, 1 TBS dressing, I ate one tiny banana muffin I made for the family to see how they came out. I had 3/4 of a shake made with 1/2 milk and 1/2 kefir (my son wanted some and I was full)

Snack: not sure yet

Dinner: Macaroni and cheese with "trees"

Snack: again not sure

Hun.e.B
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Sounds like you are doing great! Not sure when kefir is LOL! You just gotta remember its all about calorie in vs. calorie out. So as long as you are taking in less calories than you burn you'll be great!! dont forget those snacks! You are doing GREAT!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi gals.... yes it was back to work and school day!!! Not bad, I guess... we have batting cage practice tonight, a baseball game tomorrow, dance on Wed another game on Thursday and wow Fri we are off!!! Imagine that!!! It is soo hard to get my workouts (walks) in during baseball season!! We are at the park 4-5 days out of 7!! Ridiculous!!! I got up this AM and ran at least... not as much as I wanted to but I guess some is better than none!!!

I am going to buy the chocolate powder once these premade shakes are done, have either of you tried the WW shakes? My friend is doing WW and I tried her either mocha or cappucino one and it was really good... I just need to get the nutritional info on it I guess, it came in a white envelope.

Well I am off... talk to you all later!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear you had a great day back Stephanie! those workouts can be tough when you go and go and go like you do, just remember you cant give what you dont have! You deserve that time for you wherever you can get it in! Way to go on that run this am!

I've never tried the WW shakes you'll have to let us know what you find out. I'd like to see the comparision money and nutrition wise against SF.

Have a great evening Slimfasters!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Good Tuesday Morning Slimfasters!!! How's your day going? I think I'm actually feeling much much better today (*knock on wood*) I thought that yesterday and ended up in bed half the day with a sinus headache. I stepped on the scale today and I've broken the 230 barrier!! 229 today!!! Yay!! But my official weigh in isnt till friday so we'll have to wait till then for it to be official! I'm very excited and I've set up a mini goal to lose 20 lbs by memorial day (May 22nd) anyone else want to join me?

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!!

~melissa

colaz
03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello ladies!

Would it be alright if I joined you? I am a 22-year old college student that is going into elementary education, special education. I am a big supporter of slim-fast...even though I understand it is not for some people. I started slim-fast in 2000, and I weighed 220 lbs. Now...6 years later I am at 156 lbs!

I might try to pick up the diet again. I've been pretty faithful up until this last year...when they dropped all of my favorite products (the hot meals and now granola bars...). I kind of went on strike. Now, I have maybe a shake every afternoon. So, that is kind of what I'm doing now (I love having something else for breakfast now!).

So, my goal weight is 140 lbs...and see where I'm at when I get there. I am eating around 1500 calories a day and working out (almost daily) at the local YMCA. I am still playing around with my calorie intake...because I am not quite sure if I am getting enough with the excercising I do (about an hour at the gym pretty heavy duty).

So...that is just a bit about me. I hope you get to know all of you soon!

Hun.e.B
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Tessa!! I'd LOVE for you to join in! 2000 was when I had my huge successes with Slimfast as well. Congrats on your amazing loss!! I miss all the old RTD shakes, the fruity ones, but I'm doing great with the optima too. I dont know about you, but after using this plan I've learned that sometimes more calories is better for weightloss. Remember before the plan called for 1200 calories a day, now they recommend for me around 1600-1700 and I've been losing! anyway, I hope to get to know you better!! Good luck to you on your plan it sounds like you are doing FANTASTIC so far and are going to meet that goal!! Way to go on those workouts at the Y! Keep it up!!

Its raining today...this is not shaping up to be a very springy spring break! the cold seems to be lifting everyday, Cant wait for the cough to go away completely!! Despite that I got on my elliptical and went for an hour last night! My goal was to go for 30 minutes but when I hit that mark I just felt like going more so I did! Now if only my food choices would have been better yesterday! LOL...I didnt overeat, and I didnt pig out on anything I just didnt make wise choices for snacks and whatnot. for instance, having an apple but putting peanut butter on a few slices...not neccessary! LOL! Ah well today is a new day and I'll do better!!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! What are your thoughts on putting crystal light into my water bottles all day? With this cold for whatever reason plain water just doesnt want to go down but if I add the crystal light I can chug it.

Be good! You deserve the best!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Hello All - Welcome newcomers!!! Crazy day today!!! Finally getting ready to workout on the ball and do a yoga-pilates tape... not a good work out week for me...:mad: Getting back to school and baseball season starting is crazy - especially since my DH is working nights this week!!! At least he is on his last one tonight!!

Great job Melissa for the hour on the elliptical!!! :carrot: You rock!!!

I do Crystal Light all the time in my water bottles or I also like the Aquafina Flavor Splash water (my fav is Citrus) ... makes the water soooo much better... I have SUCH a hard time with regular water, if I drink too much it actually makes me feel bloated and want to throw it up!!!! :barf: But I can drink it all down when its got some flavoring!!

My weigh in today........ drum roll..... down 2 pounds!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well have a good night I am off to get some workout in (yes its 10:15 PM) but I NEED to do something!!!

Talk to you later on!!

Stephanie!

Hun.e.B
03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
WOOOHOOOO Stephanie!! Way to go girl!! congratulations on an excellent week!! Despite that busy schedule and you having to limit your workouts its all still working!! I'm so happy for you!! Keep up the good work!! What you describe is exactly how water is making me feel lately, normally I can drink it like a champ but lately it makes my tummy feel huge and bloated. The Crystal light is helping tons so I'm gonna stick with it, for whatever reason it makes me feel guilty. Always gotta be something! LOL!

Just finished my hour on the elliptical, eating was much better today too. Although still room for improvement but I went and got my grocery shopping done so I'm stocked up and ready to shine!

have a lovely evening Slimfasters!! I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

~melissa

colaz
03-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes...lol I remember the days when slimfast called for like 1200 calories. I don't mind the new Optima shakes...they are less sugar at least! Something I do love are the muffin bars! I really hope slimfast comes out with some new products pretty soon, because the only meal type things I can stomach right now are the shakes.

Hun, wtg on working out for an hour on the ellipitical! At the ymca we can't go over 35 minutes on a machine...but I can't imagine staying on for an entire hour anyway! Good job! Make sure you are eating enough with that though!

I like crystal lite, but I don't have any at the moment. Maybe it is something I can think about. Right now water works fine for me (I can drink plenty if it is not too cold...can't drink cold water too fast).

Hey FL mom, where in FL? I'm from Iowa, but my family goes to Panama City Beach each Christmas, and my parents stay there during the winter. Are you in school right now? Teaching??? WTG on the 2 pounds! WHOOHOOO! My weigh in is on Monday...gulp.

Well, yesterday was a good day! I hit about 1450 calories and worked out at the gym for a little over an hour (1/2 hour lifting...heavy stomach and Abs today and 35 minutes hard on the ellipitical... I was smelley!). Today I have my clinical at the elementary school here in town (spending time in the elementary school for classes taking here at college) and I have my first aid class from 1-2. At 3:30 I have an independent study (working one-on-one with an English professor on my spelling and grammar. Right now we are working our way through a story I am writing). Tonight I am going to Iowa City to visit my brother and sister-in-law for the weekend. I should have a computer there, so I should be able to check in.

Well, I better get going here. Talk to you sooN!

Hun.e.B
03-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Good Morning and happy thursday!!

Tessa...way to go on that workout girl!! Keep it up! You are doing so great on plan!! I see good things coming your way!! I hope you have a great weekend! Be good and stay strong!

I have a paper I'm supposed to write over spring break that I've yet to even look at...shame on me! My husband says, well technically you are supposed to be on the beach so no biggie but I'm not one to wait and this paper is due the thursday after we go back to class. STRESS! LOL!

I think my cold is getting so much better! I hope so! yesterday I did better with my choices but still not as good as I could be so today I'm really gonna try hard! Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, hopefully I'll still be below 230!

Anyone else have any fun plans for the weekend? I think I'm gonna take my girls to see the new ice age movie unless that sun comes out!

have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

colaz
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Melissa, are you in college then? Good luck for your weigh in! It seems like you have been doing ery well!

I want to see the Ice Age movie! LOL, the first one was great! I'm just going to hang out in Iowa City. It should be fun.

FL-MOM-OF-2
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi guys!!!

Tessa - We live in Jacksonville FL, I used to go to PCB every Spring Break through HS and then when I was in college (FSU!!!!!!!!! GO NOLES!!!!) We haven't been back in awhile... I am actually a Elem Ed major!! So I know all about the fun things you are doing!! :) I taught Kindergarten and First grade until I had Jayson and then when he turned 2 I went to work part time at a staffing agency and worked 8 - 12 until I had Taryn (2002) and just went back to work again last Jan. for the same staffing agency and now we actually handle all the subtitute teachers for our county so I am actually placing subs at our local schools!! I work some from home and go into the office on Fri, Mon and Tues to do the payroll. I will go back in the classroom once Taryn is in Kindergarten..... I miss it but don't want her to be in school (daycare) all day long... so I work 9-2 take Jayson to school and pick him up and take her to school 3 days and she stays with me the other days... it all works out!!

We are going to ICE AGE too.... Jayson wants to go tomorrow after school but I think we are gonna wait until Sat or Sun afternoon, our neighborhood pool opens Saturday too.. too cool for me but the kids don't care!! :dizzy:

Well enough of my novel... Talk to you all later!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! Tessa...yes I am a student business admin - accounting and a minor in psychology.

I had a VERY off day despite my knowing that tomorrow was the meeting with the scale. My girls were getting cabin fever and wanted to get out so we went to the mall, needless to say I splurged on pretzels and other things I just should have stayed well enough away from. Well I just have to work it off on the elliptical tonight.

Tried the cherry crystal light today, it tastes exactly like cherry koolaid, I'm definetly gonna have to do half and half on that stuff, its too sweet and I REALLY dont feel like I'm just drinking water LOL!

Have a lovely evening Slimfasters!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
How's the weekend going for everyone? So quiet around here. I've done lousy, not sure what my problem is, but today I'm going to sit down and figure out the next weeks menu. I'm really going to kick things into high gear around here. I've wasted enough time, June is coming very very quicky and I'm nowhere close to being ready. Only one thing to be done...eat less and move more!! Now that this cold is all but gone I'm going to 3 workouts a day and planning out my food everyday because as they say failing to plan is planning to fail! This is really going to be bootcamp for me! Enough is enough already!

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Hello all... hope everyone had a good weekend.... pretty busy here as usual... I AM LOVING THE TIME CHANGE THOUGH!!!!!!!! :carrot: Its 7:58 here and I just came in from rollerblading and its not dark!!!! Of course the kids are saying its not bedtime since it is still light outside!!!

Melissa - if you need any kind of support or whatever please let me know!!! It is always good to plan out your meals and track what you eat... do you use anything online? I use Fitday (the free one not the PC version) and I love it!!! 3 times a day to work out seems like a lot!!! (Maybe I am just jealous because its hard for me to get in 1 everyday!!) Are you going to do a bunch of different things or just your elliptical? Keep the faith and work hard and you will see results!!! :hug:

Well I am off to do the bedtime routine!! I will talk to you soon... KEEP SMILING!!!!!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Good Morning all! Ready to start out the week with a bang!! I know I sure am! Time to take off some pounds!! Didnt start off exercising but that was my own fault for being so lazy, I went to bed way to late to be getting up early! Getting up early is not my thing to begin with, I've never been able to do it but its my goal this week to fit in 15-20 mins on the elliptical before showertime. I'm gonna do it!!

Stephanie, I need all the support I can get! I lost 75 lbs with slimfast in the past and I'd credit a majority of that with a strong support group standing behind me cheering me on! I do use fitday online too, I feel like it keeps me on the straight an narrow. And dont worry I dont plan on doing 3 a days for a long period of time, I dont want to burn out, just enough to get things rolling here, couple of weeks I'm thinking! My plan is to do the elliptical in the morning and then again in the evening and then when I get home early afternoon from classes to pop in my biggest loser dvd. Thanks so much for the encouragement! It means the world!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I know I sure have some things to confess but I'm just gonna let it be water under the bridge and move on to better things! Be good! Stay strong!! Have a wonderful day!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Melissa -

Anytime you need anything just let me know!! I will be here... it is hard to do alone!!! I know that... that is one of the things now that has helped me... I have a running friend who keeps me committed!!! If I am not outside she will ring the doorbell and wake everyone up!! :hyper: HA!!!

Well that sounds like a good plan - how is that Biggest Loser Workout? I watched the show only once before it was over and it looked like they mainly used gym equipment... My Turbo Jam came today!! I was soo excited!! Its a lot of dance and moving around!! Tons of fun!!! I made the kids play in their room and ripped it open and did it!!! :carrot:

The weekends are always hard on everyone and you are right you can not look back - JUST FORWARD!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just remember whenever you need encouragement just holler!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
04-03-2006, 08:51 PM
thanks a million Stephanie! I'll take you up on that shoulder trust me! I need to get me one of those kind of friends so I'm up and at it in the am! I love the biggest loser dvd, course it doesnt hurt that bob is such a babe! LOL...nothing like some good ol eye candy to sweat to! I love that the dvd has 4 different workouts you can do and you can customize it too. Its my favorite workout dvd by far!
I'm so glad you love your turbo jam!! I've heard nothing but good stuff about those workouts! So glad you found the time to try it out!!

Have a fantastic night Slimfasters!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Good afternoon - another busy one here we had a 7:45 baseball game last night and another one tonight!!! I think they try and kill the parents!!!

I woke up early and did my Turbo Jam again!! My friend had a early meeting at work so we didn't run but I was up so I figured I would work it in this morning....

Did you get your workout(s) in yesterday?? Did you do good eating??? I am not nagging just trying to keep you going...

Well have a good night!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Way to go Stephanie!!! You could have opted out of exercise and you got it in anyway!! I'm very proud of you!! Keep it up! We decided not to do baseball this spring, last spring we had 2 games a week but it ended up raining for most of them and since my husband was the coach guess who got the fun of calling all the parents! LOL! I hope your team did great!

I havent worked out yet but I plan to tonight. Just when I thought my cold was going away I'm feeling crappy again!!! Very aggrivating!! And dont feel like you are naggin at all...well all need that little reminder to keep accountable! I appreciate it a ton!

I hope you have a great night!! anyone else out there? We'd love to hear form you! Be stong!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah I think everyone left us!!! :( No one has posted in awhile!!!!

Yes they won their game tonight but getting home at 9:30 and doing showers and all that stuff and into bed late 2 nights in a row is bad!!! At least we don't have another one until Saturday!!

I am sorry you are feeling bad again... did you go to the Dr?? Maybe you should get checked out....it is not going away huh??

So are you setting a goal for yourself? Time frame or something special coming up? We are going on a cruise May 4th so that is why I am working extra hard these last few weeks (actually 1 month from today!!) Wow!! That came up fast!!! We are going with 3 other couples from our neighborhood... it should be fun!!! No kids!!!!!!!!! :carrot: The girls are going shopping next Saturday and I am ready!!! I have 11 more pounds to go... I have to push extra hard this last month!! THEN I CAN PIG OUT ON THE CRUISE!!!! LOL... Just Kidding!!!! I hear they have a great gym!!!

Well I am off... HAVE A GREAT TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Hope you feel better!!!

Hun.e.B
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
I did it!! I got on that elliptical for an hour tonight! Didnt think I was gonna make it with the way my day has been going but I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and get off my big butt and do it...and I did!! Very proud of myself. Now lets see if i can get up early and get on there like my goal was this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh how fun a cruise!! I have a couple of things I need to be losing for. My dad and stepmom are coming for a visit in early June and I'd really love to be below 200 by then, not sure if thats gonna happen. Then in July we are taking the girls to Disneyworld. Last summer we went to an amuzement park and I tried to go on a ride with my littlest and I had to get off the ride because they couldnt do the safety thingy. Then we were on this other ride and it was so tight on my stomach I was scared to death the whole time the safety thing was gonna pop open. I refuse to feel like that this time around! I have no choice but to get in gear and lose this weight!

I hope you have a fantastic Wedesday! yay no late night! LOL! Keep on shining girl you are doing so great! You are almost there!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
04-05-2006, 04:14 AM
Hello Ladies,
I know I've been missing in action. Well there's only 2 1/2 week of school left and the week of finals..before I graduate. So last week was like crunch time for me, batch of exams, quizzes, assignments, and a group presentation. I was really calling on my Jesus for help to make it thru. I only exercised once last week. I jogged 4 miles on wed. and was so freakin excited. I usually only do 3 miles. The last I jogged 4 miles was last summer. It took me an hour but I'm proud even though I was able to do 5 miles an hour last summer. Well remember when I gained those four pounds from letting my spring break sting fall over to daily habits. Well I've managed to shave off three pounds so I'm currently weighing 173. My goal is to be under 170 by April 29 for my graduation. That would be a huge accomplishment since I've never weighed in at that number in my adult life. So I'm off to jogging tommorrow morning. I'll be checking in more often. Oh yeah I filled up on my slim fast. Take care ladies and much love.

Melissa- Keep it up girl!WHOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOO! for that whole freakin hour on the elliptical. I'm proud of you. Keep it up.:) And yes you will exercise today..say it with "I WILL Exercise Today" come on keep repeating it.:)

Stephanie- I see we share the love of jogging. That's good you have a partner,my roommate is also a great motivator. It's good to have jogging buddies especially the days you really don't feel like rolling out of bed. But the runner's high afterwards is a great reward. To you to I say "Keep it up!":)

Much love everyone,
Melissa

Hun.e.B
04-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Welcome back Melissa!! I missed you around here!! Way to go on your run girl!!! WOOHOO! You are incredible!!! I dont think I've ever been able to run 4 miles let alone do it in an hour!! Excellent work! I hope you got in another great run today!! And see that spring break splurge is leaving, things are falling into place!! You will definetly make that graduation goal and then some!! Keep up the good work!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! Be good and be strong!! We can do this!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Just finish jogging 2.5 miles and did some upper body and abs workout.

Starting off slow since it's been a week since I worked my heart. And plus it's that time of the month and I feel so bloated. Aaagh I hate periods.. anyhoo other than that I;m doing fine. Hopefully Ladies are doing ok.:)

Hun.e.B
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Way to go on that run!! Today is a MUCH better day for me! I feel like I've taken back control. Of course I've still gotta make it through my trouble time of the day but I think I can do it!! Keep your fingers crossed for me! One good day leads to another and thats all I need is the ball rolling!

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello Ladies!!!

WAY TO GO MELISSA!!! I am soo happy you got on that machine last night!! It will make today sooo much easier!!! Since you are planning a trip to Disney you should post a pic of Cinderella's castle or something from the brochure if they sent you anything and put it on your fridge and on your elliptical... it will make you think about it!!! I know I posted a pic of a Venus bikini model on my fridge and mirror in the bathroom (my husband doesn't mind much :) ) to remind me every day!!! Can't hurt!!!!!!!

The other Melissa - nice to meet you!!! Yes I LOVE to run/jog... I usually do 4.2 miles every other day... (it works out to 4.2 around our neighborhood and going in the cul-de-sacs twice) then my Turbo Jam... I actually did it this morning again since it wasn't a regular "run" day... I am addicted to it!! The ab workout is a killer!! But I guess that means it is working!!

Well keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!

Stephanie

Hun.e.B
04-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! I'm late checking in today, was a rough nights lack of sleep for some reason! But I can happily report that I did 1 hour and 30 minutes on the elliptical last night!! I wasnt very good with my eating yesterday so i felt I needed that extra 30 minutes to counterbalance that. Not sure if I'll get to do that tonight since its my daughters band concert she's doing a solo!

Hows everything going with you?

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Good evening guys!!

Just came inside from playing out with the kids!! It is beautiful weather here!!

YOU GO MELISSA!!!!!!!!! Anyone who can stay on an elliptical for a hour and a half is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :cp:

Just a short note tonight gotta finish studying spelling words and pack lunches!!!

Stephanie

PrincessMeme
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to check in ladies. I've been doing pretty well.

ROCK ON MELISSA! 90min! You are incredible! I'll be attempting 4 miles again tommorrow morning..we'll see how that goes. Oh yeah I'm back to 172lbs whoohoo! My goal for next week is to lose 2lbs. That's 7000kcal defecit. I can to do it!

Stephanie, it's great that you can keep up with your kids because Lord knows I kids have energy for 10 people. LOL!

Will check in tommorrow after my run.
Much love.

Hun.e.B
04-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey there ladies! I'm so jealous I want some nice weather! Its been raining raining and more raining here, I'm starting to think we need to start rounding up the animals 2 x 2!

No exercise tonight, My own fault I could have scheduled it earlier today and didnt. But we had band concert tonight then took the kids for icecream, now I've got an accounting exam to study for. Tomorrow though!

I hope you ladies have a fantastic Friday!! Be good!! The weekend is finally here!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
04-07-2006, 06:07 PM
My eating has been pretty good. I've also just completed a 3mile jogg. Still weighing at 172lbs. You know what I think I'm scale addict. I need to lay off of it. Other than that everything is going well. It's the weekend and today I'm going to a carnival. I'll be allowing myself to indulge in an elephant ear. Other than have fun and relaxing weekend. Much love:)

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Hello ALL -

Melissa I know what you mean about being a scale addict... I bought one last fall and I guess that is what made me really start exercising and dieting ( I couldn't believe what had crept up on me!!) but now I weigh every day at least once sometimes up to 3 times!! I should probably have my husband hide it from me but it does motivate me too!! ?????

My kids are 100% wild!!! They do not stop from the time they wake up until they go to bed.... I say if I had 1/2 of their energy I would be a toothpick!!!
In fact my son will be 8 in July and he just hit 50 pounds!!! He is a rail.... he has the metabolism (I sure wish I did)!!!

Well I am off to do some laundry - Jayson has a 10:45 ball game and of course his uniform needs to be washed!!! I love coaches who pick white with black stripes down them for the team!!! Doesn't he know you can't bleach them???!!!!:dizzy:

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!! BE GOOD GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hun.e.B
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Girls, all I've got to say today is SCALES ARE FOR FISH! LOL!

I'm just as bad, I used to be able to stay off the thing but once a week, now I'm constantly peeking and then getting myself frustrated it doesnt move fast enough!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~melissa

2muchbackend
04-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Well I haven't been on for a long time I'm starting again tommorow. I know it's within the threads and on the trackers but does everyone if they feel like it give me a run down of how much they've lost so far? Well I'll check in soon. Wish me luck.

southerndeb
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Hello fellow slim fasters,
of the ready to drink shakes you use which one do you recommend and why?? I'm just starting and wanted to get your input. Thanks, Deb:)

Hun.e.B
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Welcome back 2much!! I'm glad to see you arent giving up on you!! You can do this! Just take it one day at a time!! You'll make it to the finish line!! Good luck!! To date I've lost 20 lbs. The past few weeks I've really been dragging my feet but I'm back at it today and ready to win!! We can do it!!!

Deb...hello! So nice to meet you! The cappuccino and the rich chocolate royale RTD are my favorite. Mainly for taste and I'm not a big coffee fan but I really like those. I like the vanilla too it tastes to me alot like vanilla pudding. And I do like the strawberry on occassion but it has more of a watered down taste than the other shakes. The rich chocolate royale by far is my favorite I like to blend it with ice and half a banana. Years ago they used to have so many different flavors I miss those!! Good luck to you!! I hope you keep posting with us!! You can do this!!

I think I'm feeling 100% better and 100% motivated today!! Gotta do some grocery shopping and stock up on some good foods around here. Does anyone have ricecakes for snacks? They have so many different flavors now I'm just curious. Have a fantastic monday everyone!!! Be good, you deserve it!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
04-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey ladies I just finished doing some lower body and ab workouts(a whole bunch of squats) and a 2 mile jogg on a 4% incline.

Melissa-I'm happy to hear you're motivated, send me some b/c I'm going to need it this week to accomplish my goal of 2lbs.

2much- Welcome back and like Melissa said take it one day at a time. You can do it!

Southern- I've lost 3-4 lbs on slim fast plan. The previous 28-30lbs was a summer of hard work. I decided to start slim fast to get me out of my plateau and plus I love shakes. I prefer thier Optima High Protein shakes(Vanilla) because it is much more creamier. It feels like I'm indulging in a shake from Burger King or something just with all the vitamin and minerals and macronutrients that I need minus the sugar.

Other than that ladies...send me good vibes this week. Goal for this week is to be 2lbs down by Friday. 170 here I come.

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow a few more Slim fasters!!! WELCOME!!!

I prefer the milk chocolate, I have not been adventurous to buy a whole pack of something that may not be good so it's nice to hear about some of the other flavors....

Hun- I do eat the ricecakes as snacks... I really like them!! They taste alot better than they use to!! I get the mini ones - they seem to have more flavor! I love the Ranch, cheese(taste like cheetos!) and the multi-grain honey graham... delicious!!! YUM-O!!!!!!!

I started Jan 1st (New Years resolution) and with Slimfast and working out alot harder than I ever have I have lost 17 pounds... it does work!!! But as all things you have to work out and eat right!!!!

Well you all have a great night!!!

Hun.e.B
04-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Melissa I'm sending you all kinds of good vibes!! You can do this woman!! 2 lbs is so close! I know you can get there! Make every decision about reaching that goal! You've got it in you I know it!!!!

Well I picked up some of the Ranch mini ricecakes they are SO good! YUM!! I got some of the cheese ones too but decided not to open them! LOL! YUMMY!!!

Today is going great for me!! I've stuck to plan all day long!!! I hope you all are having the best day too!!! Be strong and take that control!!

~melissa

southerndeb
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Thank you for the shake recommendations! So far so good on the plan, 3lbs down in 2wks. I will post more later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Deb:)

Hun.e.B
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Way to go Deb!!! You are doing great!! Keep it up!!

Yesterday was a fantastic day for me! Stuck to plan like a champ all day long and got my hour on the elliptical! I'm feeling great ready for another fantastic day!! Have a great one Slimfasters!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
04-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Another great day for me! I didnt plan ahead today and take my SF with me to school and I was on campus much later than I usually am so I ended up having some meatless chili and tuna salad on multi grain bread. But since I didnt have my morning snack or my lunch shake I came out perfect on calories. Then tonight I did my hour on the elliptical and it was a rough go, I really struggled the last 30 minutes but I did it!! And I really picked up the water today too! I think this just might be a successful week yet!!

Everyone avoiding the Easter candy? Luckily I'm not a huge candy fan but I do love my Dove dark chocolates!!!!! Yum!

I hope every had a great day today too!! And tomorrow is gonna be even better!

~melissa

2muchbackend
04-12-2006, 01:37 AM
I did good yesterday but not good today. I got to go to a buffet at my husbands work for free lets just say I went a bit crazy with my free meal! But I'll get back to it tommorow.

Hun.e.B
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
You can do it 2much!!! Right back on track today!! good luck!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA the last couple of days, my daughter had a bad cold/sore throat that started on Sunday and then I got it bad Monday night and am now finally feeling a little better!!! The only good news is I lost 3 pounds!!! - From not eating though!! They will come back so I am not even posting it!! I have zero appetite!!! I did buy some soup for tonight that I hope I will eat!! I have no energy either!!

Way to go on everyone's success - I am proud of you Melissa!! Way to go staying on track!!! :carrot:

Well I will talk to everyone later!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

PrincessMeme
04-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Just checkin in 2 more days before my goal. I've been working out everyday this week...eating has been decent. I'm a little tired I think I'm going turn in early tonight. Check back in tommorrow with more details.

Hun.e.B
04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh no another sickie!!! I swear everyone is getting it now! I'm so sorry Stephanie and I hope you get to feeling better very soon! Rest as much as you can with those kiddos and drink those fluids!!

Melissa...you will reach that goal! I know it!! I hope you got some rest too!

Keep on shining ladies you are doing so great!!!

Last night was an off night for me, the munchie monster got me big time! And I didnt workout because my leg was bothering me. But today will be a better day! I've got no time to waste laying around!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

~melissa

southerndeb
04-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone, I have been staying on my program but haven't exercised all week! I will get back at it next week.

2much- I can relate to the buffet maddnes, I cant go near them!!

FLMom- I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, could hardly swallow. Yuck, I hate being sick! Hope you are all healthy soon.

Princess- Hope you make goal! sounds like you have put in a lot of hard work!

Melissa- Thank you for all your support and kind words for everyone! Watch out for that munchie monster:devil:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend, I will be out of town. I will check back in Sun or Mon
Deb

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Good evening all!!! Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter weekend and hope the Easter Bunny brings us all carrots!! :) Dancing ones for doing good things!! :carrot:

I am feeling about 80% better!! Still no energy so to speak and I can't taste a thing still so my appetite has been gone!!! Then of course its that TOM - ya know Aunt Flo!!! SOOO needless to say when it rains it pours!!! :devil:

Any exciting plans this wknd? Me and 2 other friends are going shopping for out cruise on Saturday so wish me good luck!!! BATHING SUIT SHOPPING!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to find a nice dress for formal night.. so that should be fun and then we are going to Church Sun. AM and then off to my parents for dinner and a Easter Egg hunt with the kids.... should be a nice wknd... weather is to be nice!!

Well talk to you all later!!!!!! STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!

Good luck on your weigh in Princess!!!!!!!!!

Hun.e.B
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Well I managed to turn yesterday around after that munchie monster attack the night before. Did great with my eating yesterday and then did the elliptical last night for an hour on a higher speed, was rough and I sweat like a piggie! I was down 2 lbs since monday! Yay!! I'm going to do my measurements after I get the kiddos off to school.

Our Easter plans include a hunt at the university and another at our house the morning of, then later in the day we'll go to family's for dinner. Hoping its nice out but its calling for rain! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

~melissa

southerndeb
04-15-2006, 08:59 AM
We didn't end up going out of town, my dd has an unexpected makeup soccer game today. I'm feeling yucky anyway so it turned out ok. Yesterday I ate anything that made my throat feel better - not good! who knew skittles could sooth a sore throat:dizzy: I am back on track today but I don't think the scales are going to move tommorrow. I start back exercising Monday.

FLMom- how did the shopping go. Bathing suit shopping:fr: The thought of it scares me! Glad your feeling better.

Melissa- congrats on the 2lbs:D and for staying on your program!

Deb

PrincessMeme
04-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Okay Ladies....Drumroll please......
I am down two point four pounds whoohooo! Weighing in at 169.6..go Meme Go Meme.

I am so freakin excited. When I woke up this morning and got on that scale and I saw 169.6(rounding it up to 170 when I change my scal tracker) I almost died. I literally step on that scale like five times to make sure. whoohoo. I'm in the 160s...never ever ever ever been there in my adult life. This is new territory and I'm loving it. Next week challenge is another 2lbs. I've been eating pretty good: avoided that cake in the fridge at work with a note on it saying help yourself and reached for my slim fast and yogurt instead when it was time for my snack. I've been increasing my weights and less time on the cardio(next two weeks dont really have time long cardio so I've added something new in my workout called HIIT-High Intensity Interval Training where sprint the straight for 20s and jogg/walk the curve for 40s) Get great workout in 20 minutes. And implemented one day of long steady state cardio(jogged 3 miles). I honestly think I challenged my body this week. I want muscles and less fat and that's my goal and i'm going to make it.

Thank you all ladies for sending me your power vibes..it has helped tremendously. I had to re-evaluate myself and find out why do I always sabotage myself before I scale down past 175. I found out unconciously when I would eat those wrong things I would say to myself hey I've always been big and getting to 175 is good enough. Now I'm say screw 175, screw 170 screw 160...my goal is to reach my optimal fitness..whether it be at 150(was there when I was 9 or 10) 145, 135..here I come.

Thank you so much ladies! :D We can do this!

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-16-2006, 09:52 PM
YOU SAID IT BEST GO MEME!!!!!!!!!! GO MEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: KEEP ON WORKING IT!!!!!!!!!

GO MELISSA (HUN E B) CONGRATS ON YOUR 2 LB!!!!! :carrot:

My shopping trip yesterday was good... I got my black dress for our formal night and my bathing suit!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer: I got a 2 piece coral,turquiose and white!! It is really cute!! I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!!! 19 more days until we leave.... and as you can tell by my ticker I am down 4 lbs this week, I had to check the scale several times but I know this week my calories were WAY down because I was soo sick.. I lived on an occasional smoothie from Tropical Smoothie (the immune booster and the bikini body) and chicken broth. So I hope now that I am feeling better that the scale doesnt go up but if I can work out this week I should be fine.... I have 6 more to go and I don't know that I will hit it before we leave but I feel great about myself and my DH has really noticed!!! I think mainly seeing my in the swimsuit he realized how much I actually lost!!

Well I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and are ready for a great week!!!!!!!!

STEPHANIE:flow1:

PrincessMeme
04-17-2006, 12:41 AM
I just realized that Melissa also lost 2lbs. Alright now both Melissas are on a roll. Congratulations to you also Stephanie I agree if you get back on the ball this week I dont think you should worry about those pounds...now that you're feeling better you can get back to some running.

We're all doing so well! Great job guys!

Hun.e.B
04-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Good Monday Morning ladies!! Deb, so sorry to hear your out of town plans didnt go through and I sure hope you are feeling much better today! Its hard to eat on plan when you are so sick just dont stress over it! Get well!

Melissa....WOOOHOOO!!!! Oh girl I'm so happy for you!! Excellent work on meeting that goal! I knew you could do it!! Way to go! You are doing so great and you will continue to reach those goals!! Hows the new workouts going? Keep shining lady! You inspire me everyday!!

Stephanie...4 lbs!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!! OMG girl you rock!! And you are so close to that goal! What an amazing way to reward yourself for all that hard work with a cruise!!! LOL! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the GREAT work! I hope you are feeling much better to! This darn cold!

Alright well you all have inspired me to have an amazing week!! Way to go everyone! I had an off weekend but we all knew I would LOL! TTOM came and then I enjoyed Easter dinner. Back at it today! I'm ready to have an oustanding week! I hope everyone is feeling good today! Be strong girls! We can do this! We can reach those goals!!

southerndeb
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Happy Monday!

I spent Easter in bed, I've caught a doozy of a cold! When I was younger I never got colds this bad!! Oh the joys of getting older!;)

Princess- Way to go!! :sunny: :cheer:

Stephanie- You inspire me!:D

Melissa- Thanks, even though we couldn't go out of town this past week my DD and I will be going to MA for a long weekend this coming weekend to visit family- sick or healthy:dizzy:
I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter dinner!

You all inspire me to stay with it! I weighed in yesterday and stayed the same. I have to exercise! UUGGHH but not today, one more day off sick and then back at it!!

Hope everyone has a great day! Deb

Hun.e.B
04-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Aww Deb I'm so sorry this cold is hitting you so hard! But listen to your body, get it healthy first then worry about the exercise. Then when you do go back dont be too hard on yourself. Feel better darn it! LOL!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Hello all.. .just got kiddies to bed and thought I would check in....

DEB---- Poor thing!!!!!!!!! I know exactly how you are feeling!!! I was OUT of for most of last week!!! Now guess what... DH is feeling so bad he is already in bed!!!!!!!! He is always up until at least 11:30 so this is a record for him!! And I don't know about anyone else but mine is a big baby when he is sick!!! :bb: HA!!!

Well I had my shake for breakfast, a tropical smoothie for lunch and some grilled chicken and broc/caul. mix for dinner... no snacks today... I think I am going to do Turbo Jam tonight, I went for a bike ride with my son tonight (4.5) miles but of course it was a leisure ride.....

Thank you all for your support - it has been nice to have ladies with things in common to share with!!! :grouphug: You all motivate me and I am happy to see that I do the same for you!!!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND AN AWESOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

southerndeb
04-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the kind words! I think I'll make it :) Now my dd is home sick today. I'm up cleaning and doing laundry...fun...but at least I'm up!

I have stayed pretty close to program, for some reason last night for dinner all I wanted was cheese and crackers.

I usually have a shake in the am, snack, shake for lunch with something small, snack, and then dinner. I use the SF website to plan my meals. It helps me...I don't have to think about it!:dizzy:

What do you do on the SF plan?

Stephanie- great job on the exercise!
I hope everyone has a great day! Deb

Hun.e.B
04-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Happy Tuesday afternoon lovelies!! I hope today is going fantastic for you!! Deb so good to see you up and about but not good news that the little one picked it up now too! My girls are fighting it pretty hard too, but have luckily still been going to school.

How I do the plan is a shake for breakfast, snack, shake for lunch with something like half a sandwich or salad, snack, dinner then usually another snack. Sometimes I skip the evening snack depending on how I'm feeling.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! Be good, be strong and keep that control!!

~melissa

PrincessMeme
04-18-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm just popping in really quick. I've been doing pretty good. Going for another 2lbs this week. We can do it ladies.

Deb- Happy to hear you're up and about!:)

Alright ladies will be checking in sporadically..last week of classes. Take care.

Hun.e.B
04-18-2006, 11:58 PM
You can do it Melissa!!! keep that control!!!

Tomorrow I am recommitting to myself! I've been spinning my wheels losing and gaining the same 3 lbs and its gotta stop! The only thing stopping me is me and darn it I'm tired of it!! Back to basics tomorrow with journalling, putting my food in fitday, eating less and moving more! Enough is enough! AF is gone, so no more excuses! I've only got 2 1/2 months to go till we leave for Florida, I can lose a chunk by then! I've just gotta stop sabatoging myself and do it!! I'm ready! Tomorrow is day one!

I hope everyone else has a fantastic day too!! We can do this Slimfasters! We deserve it!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi all.... hope everyone is having a good day!!! I got up and did my run today, it felt really good.... my son is running a Junior 2K (1.24 miles) on 4/29 and they have a 5K after, I am really considering doing this... not for any type of competition but just to see how I would do... we will see!

Hun E. - having a good day today?? I sure hope so!!! I know it gets frustrating but YOU CAN AND WILL do this!!! Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

Deb - I hope everyone is getting better in your house... my husband went to work today so he must be feeling a little better!!! Hopefully my son will not get it!!!

Well ladies - we are off to dance class and dinner... talk to you later!!

Hun.e.B
04-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh Stephanie I think that would be an amazing thing to do for yourself, running a 5K. I dont think I can run, it bothers my shins too much but I would love to be able to do something like that someday! You can do it!! Thanks so much for the positive vibes things are going GREAT today!

I think the fact that we've finally got some sunshine is a huge key to that! Its giving me tons of energy!

I hope everyone else is have a fantastic day too!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
04-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Good Morning all!! I had a fantastic onplan day yesterday!! Kept within my calories perfectly, did 40 minutes on the elliptical got in 4 bottles of water! And I peeked at the scale that darn 2.5 lbs is gone already...YAY!

I need to get to the store and restock my SF products. I miss the days when there were so many different flavors to choose from for the RTD shakes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! We are going to have more sunshine today YAY! Now if only it'd stay nice for the weekend!

Be strong slimfasters...we can do this!

~melissa

CrazedLedZepFan
04-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I've visited this site in the past, but just recently registered. Monday I started the Slim-Fast diet. I've done this before, but without much success. This time seems to be working a lot better, maybe it's because of the new Optima line, or more willpower. :)

Anyways, I just had a quick question if anyone can answer. I know it's probably necessary to eat 1200 calories a day, but lately I've found myself eating 1000 or sometimes less. I've went from snacking all day to just not feeling hungry. I forced myself to eat lunch today even though I wasn't the slightest bit hungry. I know you have to eat to lose weight, so I'm wondering if this is OK to do. I don't know, maybe I should be happy that I'm not starving all the time rather than pigging out 24/7.

Hun.e.B
04-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Hello Crazed and Welcome!! Its very very important that you eat no less than 1200 calories unless you are under doctor supervision. Your body needs a certain amount of calories a day just to function and when you dont eat enough then it goes into your lean muscle tissue stores for fuel and thats the last thing you want. Its not too difficult to add a couple hundred more calories to your day, a few healthy snacks, maybe a little more protein during a meal. I'm really glad to hear that you arent feeling hungry all day, that can make a plan go awry quickly! But you still gotta be healthy with your body and give it what it needs. Good luck to you!! And way to go on a successful week so far!!

~melissa

CrazedLedZepFan
04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks

The problem I have is that I usually don't have times for snacks during the day, sometimes two or maybe just one at night (work second shift, so I'm up late). I wonder if it would be okay to eat one or two larger snacks rather than 3 small ones? I just can't fit 3 into my day.

Hun.e.B
04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
I think that would be totally fine. I'm a big believer that if you arent hungry then why eat? Otherwise we become slaves to food. But...at the same time its important to give your body what it needs. I think whatever fits into your schedule and you are comfortable with is exactly what you should do!

I hope today is going GREAT for everyone!! I had an off night last night because of a dinner and we got home too late to do a workout...all excuses I know! But I'm going to go get the yard done before it rains again and thats always a great workout, plus elliptical tonight! Have a wonderful weekend! Be good!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I HAVE HIT UNDER THE 130's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been before I had Jayson (who is 7 now) that I have been in the 120's!!!!!!!! This week has been really good to me!!!!! :dance:

I did sign up for the 5k run.... my friend and I are going to do it so I am excited now!!! Let's hope I can finish!!! My son is gonna run the 2K, we went out tonight and ran 1.5 miles together, that was nice!!

Well everyone have a great weekend!!! And good luck Slim Fasters!!!!!!!!

PrincessMeme
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Sill weighing the same guys. The two pounds I aimed for this week equals to 0. I must admit I didnt put as much work into it since it was the last week of classes and had two exams. The week coming no more classes and just finals week(only 2 left) so I'll have more time to put in effort for those 2 lbs. Hitting for 167.4 for graduation next Saturday. Take care ladies and have a great weekend. :)

CrazedLedZepFan
04-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I know it's only my 6th day, but I think I feel a change already. I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up for when I weigh myself again on Monday.

Hun.e.B
04-22-2006, 01:01 PM
WOOOHOOO Stephanie!!! Excellent work lady!! You are going to reach that goal before you leave!! You are so close!! Congrats on some excellent news!! I'm so inspired by you!! Keep up the good work!! Good luck with that 5K!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

You can do it Melissa!! You can reach that goal! Its hard when its the last few weeks and finals week for sure to stay focused! But I know you can do it and you deserve it!! Good luck on those finals, mine dont start for 2 weeks but I've got a few other exams in between! Stay strong! You are going to reach that goal!!

Crazed...Way to go!! 6 days and still going strong!! I'm so glad you are feeling great and i be there have been changes already! Stay the course, weekends can be so hard to stick to plan but I know you can do it!! WI on monday will be great!! All your hard work is going to pay off!!

No elliptical for me yesterday but I did do about 2 to 2 1/2 hours of yard work. My arms are really sore today. I ate fairly good for most of the day, I could have done better though! Today we have a wedding to go to which means an off plan evening. I'll do my best to stay the course. I'm planning a WI for tuesday and retake measurements.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!! Weekends can be hard but you are strong!! We can do this!!

~melissa

CrazedLedZepFan
04-22-2006, 01:04 PM
This weekend won't be that hard for me. I have to work all weekend. :( But my boyfriend did suggest us going out for Mexican, I say how about Subway LOL. So we're going to the park for a picnic.

Hun.e.B
04-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh I love mexican!! It is possible to do it healthy though, takes ALOT of control! Sadly I never seem to find it! LOL! I hope you enjoy your picnic!

~melissa

CrazedLedZepFan
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
How is everyone today?? :)

I don't know if it's just the fact that Spring is finally here, or the fact that I seem to be succeeding at this new diet, but I am in such a good mood lately! Not to mention that fact that I feel so much better about myself. Yesterday I got a lot of exercise. Did 30 minutes on a stepper, and then walked around the park for about an hour, then went to work and worked my butt of for 6 hours. Today I set a mini weight loss goal for myself: Lose 5 lbs. by the end of April. That will be 1/4 of my weight loss. :)

Hun.e.B
04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Happy Sunday all!! Its been a pretty off plan weekend for me, havent exercised and between the wedding yesterday and the BBQs today its rough! My arms are still sore from all that yardwork though. Monday will be so much easier to just focus! 2 more weeks of classes for me then summer break!

Way to go yesterday Crazed!! You are doing so great! You've set a fantastic April goal for yourself and as hard as you've been working I have no doubts in my mind that you are gonna reach it!! You can do it!! Keep up the good work!!

Well I'm off to finish making potato salad.....not plan friendly!! Be good and enjoy the rest of the day!!

~melissa

southerndeb
04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi All, just got back into town. Had a great trip visiting family in MA. Ate way too much, gained 2lbs:mad: !! Back to the gym tomorrow and back on the program. I will catch up on posts later, gotta go to bed. Deb

CrazedLedZepFan
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, I did my weigh in this morning. To be honest, I was having a horrible day yesterday and I expected that to continue today. But when I stepped on the scale, I couldn't beleived I had actually achieved the 'mini goal' I had set for myself yesterday! Five pound lost in one week! I was excited, yet a little worried at the same time. As much as I'd like to lose 5 pounds a week, I know it isn't healthy.

I guess it was a nice jump-start to my diet but I've decided to take things more slowly. I worked some extra healthy calories into my day by blending a banana into my slim fast shake. I want to lose this weight, but I also want to keep it off!!

Hun.e.B
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Slimfasters!!

Deb...so nice to see you back! Dont worry too much about 2 lbs once you get back on track it'll slide away again!

Crazed!...Way to go!!! What a fantastic week you had! 5 lbs in the first week is totally okay! Most of it is going to be water and waste and like you said a GREAT jumpstart to keep you going!! You are doing such a fantastic job with your plan Keep it up!! Congrats on a very successful week! Here's to another one just like it!! You can do this!

Well I'm glad the weekend is over, way to much indulgence going from one function to another! I need some structure back! After all the junk I had this weekend I'd be VERY surprised if the scale moved tomorrow! Gotta do much better this week! Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello Slimfasters!!! Crazy weekend - 2 baseball games, dinner at my brothers house and then yesterday we vegged at the pool all day!! Did good over the wknd despite all that!!!

Deb - Like Hun E said... once you get back on track they will fall off again... don't worry about it!!

Crazed - What a great start!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: It will come off faster the 1st weigh in - a great motivator if you ask me!! Makes you want to stay on track!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Hun E - You will get back on track this week!!! Keep it up!!

Have a great week - off to yet another baseball game!!!

Stephanie

CrazedLedZepFan
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey, as a newbie I was just curious how long everyone here's been on SF and what kind of results you have seen from the diet. If you want to share, that is.

southerndeb
04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi all, I'm back on track (sort of) :) thank you for your supportive words, they really do help!

Crazed- congrats on the 5lbs!! As others have said, the first week you do drop quite a few lbs, it's a geat motivator!
Crazed, I have been on SF since the beginning of April and I'm doing great if I would stay on the program. I lost 6lbs and have put 2 back on. If I stayed on program and exercised I know I would have done a LOT better by now. It works.

Melissa- how did your WI go? You and I are going to get right back at it and do great this week..... right???......:dizzy: Maybe we should put a challenge to each other, are you up for one? If so, what would you like it to be?:dust: Sending us both a little will power for the week :)

Stephanie- betwen soccer, ballet, art class, swimming lessons, etc. for my DD I feel like a taxi driver lately!! I KNOW you can relate! ;) Question...how/when do you find time to exercise?? Exercising is still the biggest challenge for me.

I hope everyone has a great day. It's beautiful here in East TN this AM, I think I will go walk the dog! Deb

Hun.e.B
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Good Tuesday morning everyone!!

Stephanie....way to go this weekend!! Its really tough to stick to plan sometimes when you are go go go all weekend but you did it!! Excellent work! 4 more lbs to go!!! When you do you leave for your cruise?

Crazed...I've been slimfasting for 8 weeks I think...I'd have to search for the true answer to that, but I've lost 21 lbs. If I wouldnt drag my feet so much it'd be more I seem to be losing and gaining the same 3 lbs the past 2 weeks.

Deb..thanks so much for asking but would you believe I completely forgot to WI this morning! LOL...I didnt even realize it was tuesday till you asked! I suppose this is a good thing, means I'm not a slave to the scale, that or just losing my mind! LOL! I'd love to do a challenge! I love challenges! We should definetly put one together! Anyone else game?

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today! The sun is shining here and the birds are singing! What a great day to work on being fit and healthy!! Stay strong!!

~melissa

CrazedLedZepFan
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Sounds like you both are doing really well with the plan. This is the only diet I've ever done where I haven't felt hungry most of the time. Though I did get the urge to cheat this morning I was feeling a little hungry. Pigged out on a cup of berries sprinkled w/ Splenda, LOL. I've been trying to work out daily, and so far have only missed a couple of days because I was exhausted from work (I figure I got a workout there, LOL).

Hun.e.B
04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
OOOH sinner! LOL! If thats a pig out girl you are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up! I'm so proud of all the good work you are doing!! such an inspiration to keep at it!!

~melissa

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi all... another game night for me!!! UGH!!! Baseball season is over in MAY!! Thank goodness!!! Then DD has recital practice until June 13th and then we are done for the summer!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! No work, no school and no extra activities!!! :carrot:

Crazed - I have been slimfasting since Jan 1st and the results have been great.... the other fact I contribute to the weight loss is working out, I have never been one to work out on a regular basis and since Jan I have only missed maybe 5 days... I have become a workout freak!! I have always walked with my neighbors but I started jogging and now do that several times a week and also do the Turbo Jam workout dvd.... I get up early and get my workouts in... that is the only time I have.... I am not a morning person but now I just get up and do it!!!

My cruise is next Thursday....I am sooooooooo ready to go!!! I have worked hard and am ready to enjoy!!!

Well its midnight now and 6:00 AM is right around the corner!!!! Good night ladies and WORK HARD!!!!!!!!!

southerndeb
04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi all, I'm getting ready to go out of town again! I did well yesterday, how did everyone do?

Let's put up a challenge for ourselves! Let's start Monday-- for now my biggest challenge is exercising, is anyone up for an exercise challenge?? If so, what would you like it to be? Many of you have got great motivation when it comes to exercise!! How about:

:carrot: Do some type of exercise for 30 minutes 4 days next week (mon-sun)?:carrot:

Hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check back in this week, if not see ya Monday:) Deb

PS- Stephanie, Have a GREAT time on your cruise!!!!!!

CrazedLedZepFan
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm in!! I can do 30 min/4 days.

Hun.e.B
04-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I've got a great challenge if you guys want to play, if not its okay I'll just throw it out there.

What you do is spell Slimfast everyday. You earn the letters like this

S - shake your tushy (exercise)
L - Limit your fat intake
I - ice water (drink that water)
M - Motivation (whether you encourage someone else or journal)
F - Fruit and veggies (are you eating them?)
A - Avoid picking and grazing between meals and snacks
S - Sensible snacking (that means healthy ones)
T - Taking time for YOU!

So if you wanted to (and again its okay if you dont want to) we could do this for a week and keep a tally of each day how close we get to spelling slimfast. For instance Monday I did everything but exercise so I'd have LIMFAST, Tuesday I did it all so I get SLIMFAST, Wednesday I didnt exercise or drink water so I'd have LMFAST. I hope that makes sense!

anyway just an idea! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!! Its been a great one for me despite some serious stress going on with my tween and the girls in her school! Be good everyone!

~melissa

southerndeb
04-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I love the
S:)
L;)
I:cool:
M:smug:
F:p
A:devil:
S:dizzy:
T:carrot:
Challenge! I'll be ready on Monday to start. Have a great weekend. Deb

Hun.e.B
04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Good Friday morning all!! Hows everyone doing? Good I hope! I've had 2 amazing on plan days, I've got that "skinny" feeling today. You know that feeling when you've been sticking to plan for awhile and even though you havent lost much it still feels skinny? LOVE that feeling! LOL!

I've been doing my 30 minutes on the elliptical, cut it back from the hour in a hope to give my hamstring a break. Drinking my water too! I've still got several weeks before Disneyworld to take off some pounds so I'm going for it!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Its the weekend! Enjoy and be good to you!!

CrazedLedZepFan
04-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone! Just checking in, I'm still on the diet, LOL. Though I did slip up a little wednesday night because I went to a club and my bf got me a regular soda. Luckily it was mostly ice, so I deducted it from my calorie intake Thursday. I've missed out on my excercise the past two days, they've been so hectic for me! I'm planning on taking the dog for a walk a little later on, get us both some excercise.

And on a side note, found out my scale was off, LOL. I actually weigh 5 pounds less than I thought, haha. I think it's time for a new scale though!! I'm thinking of getting a digital one so I can measure my weight loss in ounces. Though that might be a little too obsessive. :)

Way to go Hun e.B., I definitely know that 'skinny' feeling!!!

rebelridergirl
04-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone!

I was so glad to see a Slim Fast thread!!! Yipppeee!! Mind if I join you all? I have been a user of the products for years and even though it seems that some folks on the boards are negative about it, I love it! I think that like anything else...Slim Fast isn't a magical fix and if you don't work the program, you won't lose. Which is what happened to me. Before I Slim Fasted I never ate breakfast or lunch and had massive family sized meals for dinner instead. I love how easily I can eat my breakfast on the way to work. I have been doing a loose WW program (on my own) and incorporating Slim Fast bars and shakes with it.

So what are your favorite flavors?

Meal Bars-- I LOVE the Oatmeal Raisin, and Strawberry Cheesecake, and Caramel Crispy Peanut.

Shakes- I love them all!

Anyone tried the breakfast bars? What did you think?

Talk to you later! Have a great weekend.

CrazedLedZepFan
04-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi rebelridergirl. I also disagree with much of the negative comments I've seen posted about Slim-Fast. I've already lost 5 pounds on the diet!

My favorite meal bar is the Caramel Crispy Peanut but I also enjoy the Cookie Dough.

I prefer the powder over the canned shakes, mostly because it is more economical for me. Love blending a banana into them, Mmmm.

I have tried the breakfast bars, the cinnamon roll. They are good but I will always prefer a shake in the morning.

Hun.e.B
04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Good Morning Slimfasters! Welcome to our little group Rebelrider, so great to see you join us! I agree with you that its disheartening to see all the negative stuff about Slimfast but you've got to remember that alot of it is from people who simply dont know the plan. Most of those negative talkers think the plan is all about 2 shakes a day and a meal and those of us who use the plan know better. You are among friends here though!

As for products, I'm not a big bar person, they are just too sweet for me but I have found a couple I love the blueberry crisp and the cherry crisp. Otherwise I'm a shake girl. I love the cappuccino RTD shakes, and I love the rich chocolate royale powder with a banana and a cup of ice blended in.

Well yesterday was another great day on plan for me. I even did an hour on the elliptical, I used my mp3 player and it really got me going. I was completely drenched when I got off. I'm doing MUCH better at drinking my water too, I just might force that scale to move on Tuesday afterall! LOL!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Its absolutly beautiful here today. I'm going to have to take advantage and get out there and do the mowing again.

Be good and be strong Slimfasters!! have a wonderful day!!

FL-MOM-OF-2
04-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Just checking in with everyone, it has been hectic as usual, our Anniversary was yesterday (11 years!!) so we went out to Outback last night,,,, lets just say it was "DEFINATELY" not on the plan!! But ohhhhhhhh sooo good!!! We leave for our cruise Thursday I am soooooo ready!!!! Just finished packing most of my stuff.... since we have a busy week...... The weather has changed to cooler for FL so it hasn't been that nice of a wknd... my son is doing a BMX race here at 1:00 and I have jeans and a shirt and am taking a light jacket with me!!! :dizzy: Def. not Florida weather!!!

Hope everyone does well on the scales this week.. I did not want to get on this morning!!! I will tomorrow though!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie

CrazedLedZepFan
04-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Well, went out for chinese yesterday. Wouldn't really call it a 'slip up' because it was planned. Last time I dieted, I allowed myself special 'treats' as to not deprive myself completely from the foods I loved. I did it then and still successfully lost weight. It had been a couple of weeks since I allowed myself such a treat, and I also stayed on the plan for the remander of the day. I definitely don't think I lost much this week, if anything, considering I onl worked out about 3 times and also consumed more calories on a daily basis (went from 1000 to 1200 because I was lacking energy). I may have to adjust things again, but I guess I'll find out when I weigh in again tomorrow morning.

southerndeb
05-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi all, Happy Monday! Had a little bit too much fun this weekend :hat: I'm back and ready to get REALLY back on track. Going to the gym this AM! :carrot:

It looks like everyone is doing so well! As always you inspire me to be better and more focused! Our group my be small but we are mighty :bravo:

Welcome Rebel- I only use the RTD royal choc. product. I really like it.

Continued success today everyone. I will check in this evening. Deb

Hun.e.B
05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone! Are we starting a challenge today? Either way make today count!

Stephanie...Congrats on 11 years!! Thursday is almost here! I'm very excited for you!! Cant wait to see if you made your goal! Either way you've come a long long way!! You should be very proud of yourself!

Crazed...you are very smart to allow yourself days like that. The one thing you gotta remember with Chinese is that is so full of sodium you could retain alot of water a few days after eating it. You had a FANTASTIC week! You really shouldnt be eating less than 1200 calories as doing so can be worse than not dieting at all. Hence why you had no energy, your body wasnt getting enough calories. Another thing to remember is that the losses are going to slow down after that initial week! You are kicking some major butt and I bet that scale will reward you! Keep up the good work!

Deb...so glad you had a great weekend! Right back on track for you!! Excellent job!!

I had a pretty great weekend, my only little slip was Saturday night I had a few diet rum/cokes. Other than that food wise I was right on! Didnt do the elliptical all weekend but thats okay. I'm ready to have a fantastic week! tomorrow is WI for me!

have a wonderful day everyone! Be strong and take that control! You deserve all the best that comes along with it!

CrazedLedZepFan
05-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, I didn't lose anything this week! I think not excersing enough is the main contributer to this. I'm definitely going to try harder this week! I thought about cutting down my calories, but after reading your post Hun e.B., I realize that's probably not the smartest thing to do! I hope I'm just retaining water from that Chinese meal, LOL. Gonna go for at least 5 workouts this week.

Anyways, I think I need a better scale because if I did lose a pound or two, it's awful hard to tell on the one I got.

Hun.e.B
05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I would love to get a new scale too, one that shows the 1/10 of a pound. Dont worry about what that scale showed you today because i bet anything you are retaining water. Keep that waterbottle handy and it'll disappear again soon. Remember you gotta eat to lose, its a hard thing to grasp but its true, it you dont feed your body enough function its gonna hold onto everything its got. Good luck with those workouts! I'm going for 5 days this week too! We can do it!!

~melissa

rebelridergirl
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone!

I didn't do fantastic this weekend, but I didn't do horrid either. I didn't at healthy, that's for sure, but still stayed within points. Today I got right back on track Slim Fasting, though.

Crazed- I allowed myself a Chinese dinner this weekend, too! I agree about allowing "cheat" meals. When I lost weight the last time, I weighed myself Saturday mornings then was really good all day Saturday, but Saturday evening I allowed myself a cheat meal and dessert (if I wanted) .It worked. I lost.

Melissa- Good luck on the weigh in!

Deb- You are so motivated to go to the gym Monday morning!

Have a great evening everyone!

southerndeb
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Did ok on the challenge today how did you all do?
S- I exercised on the treadmill 40min
L-limited fat
I- not so great on the water
M- motivated my self :dizzy:
F- no fruits and veggies today- weird for me
A- did not pick and graze at all
S- did not eat my snacks today
T- took time for me- gym

I tried to really limit my calories today due to OVER doing it this weekend. I will get back on the plan tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. See ya, tomorrow:) Deb

southerndeb
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
PS----
Do you think we should start a new thread tomorrow--

Slimfast May??? :p

If I'm first up I'll get it started, is that OK?
Deb

Hun.e.B
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Oh I think a new thread tomorrow will be great! I'll go ahead and start it now then post up my SLIMFAST challenge for the day.

Hun.e.B
05-02-2006, 12:13 AM
I started a new thread...here is the link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1241448#post1241448

see you there!