South Beach Diet - Wednesday March 1st Madness

View Full Version : Wednesday March 1st Madness

freaky
03-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Good Morning,

Well, the good news is that I was able to get the tooth temporarily "patched" for 95.00 and I will most likely not need the root canal. I am now scheduled for a crown on May 1st nd that will run 577.oo. At least the income tax will be back by then. Thanks to all the kind words yesterday. :)

The bad news is that I can not seem to break this binge I've been on. I have gained some weight back and I just keep eating badly. I guess as much as I hate to say it I really need to return to phase 1...again and this time be strict for another two weeks. I truley hope I can get it right this time. I can't even imagine how bad this would be if I fell off the exercise wagon as well. Some of you chicks have just wowed me with your healthy eating and your success in losing weight this past month. :carrot: I hope I can be there with you this month instead of wondering why I just keep doing this same thing to myself over and over. I am dressed for my workout today and believe me "my gut runnith over" My ticker lies and I don't want to know what the scale says after the damage I did with bad food yesterday.

Today is another long day in court and when I sit and do nothing I am always hungry even more than ususal. Phase 1 don't fail me now!!!!

Sil - hope you feel better. Being sick on the birthday stinks. :p

Stephie - Well, we may not be successful yet but you know what??? We are still here...that gotta count for something. We can do it. :^:

Sunlit - I also love that Choc Carmal Chai Tea!!! Thanks :hug:

Batmomm - smart of you to go with the painless dental procedure. I'm sure that the other way would be "wicked" painfull. :D A Tankini??? Wow, that's wicked too. I want a stomach that looks good in one of those when I raise my arms. Sounds like you found a great deal.

Have a great day all you chicks.

Ruthxxx
03-01-2006, 05:37 AM
For once, I'm up early but I still didn't make it in here before Freaky!

Freaky, I'm glad the tooth problem can have a temporary fix. Too bad your tax refund has to go for the crown but teeth are important. Just watch the folks on Maury and you'll know what I mean!

I cooked too darn many pancakes yesterday and can smell them today despite a shower before bed. I did not eat a single one but did go to the Long Horn at seven for wings. The scale doesn't show any damage this morning and it's Lent now but...... I had planned to have pea soup but it was still not cooked when I got home. I left it on overnight so I may be having pea soup for breakfast.

Lucy is home and settled right back into brattiness. :( She got the top off the garbage container yesterday and she and Hershey had a ball. It has a lid, I put a heavy cast metal carving on it, push it under the micro stand and put a stool in front of it and she still figures it out. Bungee cords are next! I wonder if you can get a partial lobotomy for smart dogs. JUST KIDDING!

Today I'm going to put the heater on in the sewingroom and finally shorten a pair of pants and jacket that I've had since fall! I am going to Toronto weekend after next and really need to get into city clothes. I hate being short when it comes to clothing.

Woofs and whines are coming from downstairs so I'd better crank up the day. I need to get Lucy's preggie supplements organized so we have perfect puppies on April 30! Dogs are my life! How pathetic is that?

Have a happy Hump Day! I need coffee and will be back later to read yesterday's posts.

Maureennn
03-01-2006, 06:06 AM
New month, new goals, newbie!

Hi, I'm Maureen, started on the Beach on 2/7, found this site recently and really enjoy it! I'm an RN, work night shift, married, 2 teenagers:fr: Also, Ruth, one very spoiled Dachshund. I had to put my kitchen trash can in the cabinet under the sink b/c no matter what I did, Pepper's nose would get her in that can! She needs a noseobotomy JK!

I lost a bunch of weight 4 years ago, got to goal and held for a couple of years, then backslid and gained 30 back. So I'm starting the Beach and totally plan to be on it for life. Too much heart disease in my fam and my cholesterol, triglycerides, and BP are way too high.

Freaky, I feel your pain with the tooth. I'm glad you don't need a root canal. I have never understood why dental insurance doesn't seem to cover the cost of anything expensive! Thus, I guess, the smiles on Maury. :D It sounds as if you exercise a lot. How do you get motivated? I've joined the YMCA which is right near my house, and my daughter has agreed to do the yoga classes with me, my son says he'll do treadmill and weights with me--but have I gone? No. And I'm working 12-hour shifts the next 3 nights so it'll be next week before I go. :(

Enjoying being here!

Ruthxxx
03-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Noseobotomy! Good one! I'll check with my vet!

JanaM
03-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Mornin' all.

Freaky - Great news about the tooth! I know you'll still have to deal with the crown, but it's better than the root canal alternative. :eek: Keep hanging in there with SB. I know you'll get back on track!

Ruth - Even though she's a handful, I'm sure you're glad to have Lucy back. And puppies will be fun to have around for a while.

Maureen - Welcome! :welcome2:

I'm off to Curves this morning, then dropping my car off at the mechanic before work. Cha-ching! Completely fell off the wagon yesterday at work, but got back on track last night. Made spaghetti sauce & spaghetti squash for lunch today. Everyone have a great day!

cottagebythesea
03-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Freaky, I'm glad you were able to get a temporary fix on your tooth. You aren't the only one having isssues with eating, I'm right there with you. This week has been good so far, though. I'm determined to keep my nose to the grindstone this time!

Ruth, it sure didn't take Lucy long to get back into routine again, did it! That's good news about more puppies, are you going to keep any? Your pea soup sounds good for breakfast, wish I could share it with you.

Maureennn, :wel3fc:

I'm off to Curves, then today's my day to take the girls to school and run errands. Thank goodness the roads are dry this morning, yesterday it was a skating rink out there! I've made myself a SB egg sandwich, (egg on LF WW English muffin) to eat on the run, and I packed some Black Bean soup, raw veggies and hummus for lunch, so my meals are taken care of. I'm just having a big salad with tuna for supper since it's Lent.

Gotta run, take care!

cottagebythesea
03-01-2006, 06:39 AM
JanaM, quickie Good Morning to you!

Kiko
03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Quick good morning from me!

I shouldn't even be sneaking in to say hello as it will only cause me to run later than usual!!

Let's make this a KICK-BUTT month of weightloss. We can do this!!!!!! For those of us who need to get back on the wagon and those of us who need to fine tune what we are already doing- LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Maureen :welcome3:

Gotta jet- I have 30 minutes to get out the door and am still in my robe! YIKES!!

FocusedThisTime
03-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Good morning...just trying to figure out a strategy for fasting today. Coming off my sinus infection, the meds make me sick to my stomach so I need to eat when I take the antibiotics.

Freaky...I spent the last 2 weeks where you are...in this out of control free fall of poor eating choices. I had such a good attitude all of January...how do I regain it? I have so many reasons for wanting this weight off. We are joining old friends in FL in 4 weeks, outdoor cycling season will be here in a few weeks (yikes spandex!) and I simply FEEL better in my clothes and just in my body at a lower weight. The health benefits go without saying.

Ruth...cannot get my head around pea soup for breakfast...you must love it. Enjoy.

Welcome Maureen!!!!

Hit me with all your big motivators ladies...I need to hear how others stay the course!
Meg

freaky
03-01-2006, 08:00 AM
focused and cottage - I feel the same way. It makes me angry that I can't see the forrest for the trees sometimes. I feel sooooo much better when my clothes fit better and I am thinner. I wish all food tasted like dirt and I was hooked up to something electrical that zapped me everytime I went to make poor food choices. I am starting phase one again today and I think if I can make it through the first couple days (fingers crossed) and see the first couple water weight pounds come off, I will be okay. I want this so much.

Jana - thanks for the encouragment...I really needed to hear that.

Maureen - ahhh exercise. I am not one of those people who actually loves to exercise. For me it's more of a love hate relationship. My eating habits have always been poor and I have used the exercise to attempt to counter act those habits. It always blows me away that I exercise as much as I do and as hard as I do and still manage to eat so many more calories per day that I actually gain weight. Yes, I know muscles weigh more than fat but the pants fitting issue doesn't lie. I often wake up and think "oh, I will just sleep in today and skip the exercise". But, I know from experience that if I skip once than I will skip again and than it turns into days or weeks before I get back into it. And, then when I finally do, the exercise is so much harder and I can't do it at the levels I used to. I also like the way my arms and legs look when the muscles are defined. For me, if I don't get up in the morning and do it, I also know that it won't happen later in the day, no matter how many times I have said that I will do it later, it just doesn't happen. In the evening I just don't have the motivation. So morning it is. It's also a nice feeling to know that it's over with - I know - bad attitude - but there it is. It doesn't make sense for me to attempt to go to a gym because I have a five year old and it's to hard to get a sitter or other hassles. For me, having the treadmill in the middle of the livingroom means having no excuse not to do it. I also keep the weights and the step in the livingroom as well. My computer screen saver is a picture of me thinner and looking mean with a capton that says "put down the food and get on the treadmill".

pearshape
03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey chicks! A quick hi as I have tons to do and am running late this am. I'm down 6 lbs for Feb. Should'be been more but the last few weeks have not been 100% OP, plus it's TOM.

A quick question, is canned fruit packed in juice OP for P2? I know we're not supposed to have the juice but just wondering about just the fruit.

3darlingsmomma
03-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone!

Well, I had an awful day yesterday, just one thing after another. I had to pay $300 in van repairs on my not even 2 year old van, very frustrating because it wasn't considered warranty work. I have 3 children and I'm having problems with a teacher per child so I was taking care of that yesterday as well. Plus it's that dreaded TOM and I'm all emotional, weepy like which makes it harder for me to keep a level head about things. But I'm happy to report I didn't turn to food to ease it, I thought about it but I realized that I'd only feel worse in the long run.

I'm hoping today will be a much better day.

Freaky - Glad to hear about your tooth, at least you're able to hold out until you have tax refund.

Ruth - Congrats on the puppies! How many do you think she'll have?

Maureen - Welcome to the beach!

Good morning to everyone else! I really need to run, I'm in the middle of billing so I've got a lot to get done this week, especially if I want to not have to come in on Friday.

Tyra

MsCrockett
03-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Girls,

Good day yesterday, Op.. feels like another good day for me,

Freaky~ You are more disciplined than you are giving yourself credit for.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Schatzi
03-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Just a quick drive by fer me this morn.. I'm running late!
Freaky: glad you dont need a Root canal and that you'll have the $$$ for the crown.

Sil- hope you are feeling better

Batmom! What a BAHGIN!!! I have a tankini, I love it !

:wave: everybuddy and Welcome Maureen!

...................................WHOOSH......... .....!!!!!

2BFIT1
03-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Maureennn~~ :welcome: from one RN to another.

Freaky~~ I have some of the same problems as you do. As soon as I see the scale finally start to move downward, my brain starts to say "you are losing weight now so you can afford to eat alittle of that...". Also, since we exercise, our brain thinks that we can burn off that snack. It's kinda like a diabetic who tells their self that they can eat that snack and just up their insulin alittle. It's a hard cycle to break but we can do this. :hug:

Ruth~~ I can't believe that the puppies will arrive in April. That's great!!

Meg~~ :goodluck: with your fast.

Kiko~~ Thanks for the suppoort and butt-kick!!

I'm feeling much better today. I have to go in to work for a Charge Nurse meeting this afternoon. Other than that : exercise, tan and maybe wash the car.

texasheathers
03-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Ok - so I did the Mom's Night Out thing - and I had a fajita salad with avocado with a oil and lemon based dressing. It was sooo good. I just ate a few chips - maybe 5 or 6 total. BUT - Ok - now here is the bad part - I had 3Sangria Margaritas. What came over me I do not know - but I had a WONDERFUL TIME.

My punishment is - the scale was up a pound and a half this morning. Sooooooooo............. I am going to drink water like crazy today and try to flush my sytem out and hope that helps a little.

Ok - and I did another bad thing this morning - and I'm already regretting it - I ate two pieces of pizza for breakfast. Did I mention that PIZZA IS THE DEVIL? I ordered it yesterday evening before I left to feed the boys - and a little of it was still sitting here on the c outner this morning and ok - before I could stop myself I ate two pieces.

Ok - so for the rest of the day - I'm eating cabbage soup and water.

I feel like crap. Really - last night didnt really bother me too bad - I figured the pound and a half was fair for the good time and alcohol I had - but the pizza this morning is what is making me miserable.

Heather

2BFIT1
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
:wave: Hi Schatzi!!! Thanks for the healing thoughts :goodvibes:

annarenee
03-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Good Morning !

Just a quick post right now...my boss just caught me...and I've been at work for 12 minutes!!!

Freaky - glad to hear there's a temp fix for your tooth.

Heather - I'm with you, pizza is the :devil:

Maureennn - :welcome3:

I'll be back later...after my boss leaves for his meeting!

:hug: to all!

wildlifebio
03-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Good Wednesday Morning everyone! I am always coming up with random food questions and I have another one that I thought maybe one you could answer. I have never really cared much for dried fruit before SB - but the other day I was in the store and saw some trail mix with nuts and dried fruit and it looked good to me. I was wondering if dried fruit has tons of sugar in it and if it would be bad to eat?

Debbie0522
03-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone. I've been reading different areas of the web site this morning and wow, where has the time gone? I have to leave in less than an hour! My girls sleep late and I hear one of them just waking up (its 9:30am)!
I am happy with what I lost in February but it seemed to all be earlier in the month and I can't get the scale to move down. It is so hard to believe that eating 2 slices of pepperoni thin crust pizza ONE day can ruin the whole week! Ok, I guess If I'm realistic, I also was a the mexican place Friday nite and ate chips, chips, chips and taco shell w/beef, etc. If we had gone where I WANTED to go, I would have had fajitas and less fat, I bet.
I just think I"ve gotten lax and need to get tough if I'm going to make the scale budge. It is so frustrating. I'm avoiding SO MUCH. SOrry to be a whiner!!
I've got to run. Have a GREAT OP day Everyone!!!

PS> WILDLIFE: You have lost 64 pounds!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!
I think the dried fruit is high in sugar content. Someone else might know more than me tho. :)

Ruthxxx
03-01-2006, 09:41 AM
SOme dried fruits have sugar added during drying - cranberries and craisins, for example. The problem with dried fruit is that it's little and your brain tricks you into thinking you are eating less. Trail mix is pretty high calorie too so be really, really careful.

Barb0522
03-01-2006, 10:10 AM
freaky - Good news about not needing a root canal. They are so painful. Don't worry about it being hard for you to lose quickly. I know I have found it to be much more of a struggle as I get closer to goal. If I remember correctly, you are either already in a healthy range or close to it so it will be tough. Be persistent, eat lots of veggies and the weight will come off.

Ruth - I hate hemming clothes. I bought a pair of official Scout leader pants this weekend since my training was in the same building with the scout store. I had to hem six inches!

Maureenn - Welcome! I've let my weight slide with the holidays. This WILL be the month where I make goal (I made it in the middle of Feb and then it slid back up after one bad day).

Jana - It's not how often we fail that matters but that we pick ourselves back up and keep going. Sorry about the car repairs.

cottage - I went with peanut butter and banana for breakfast and have a small portion of seafood lasagna for lunch today. For dinner I am making the Thai Shrimp soup. It is so yummy and easy. This will be the first time my son has ever been to Ash Wednesday mass so I am looking forward to that tonight. They talked a lot about it in his RCIC class on Sunday so he is all prepared (he'll be getting all his sacraments at the Easter Vigil).

Focused - I would suggest you still eat when you take your medicine but you make your portions smaller than normal. The church does exempt those who are sick from fasting.

pear - If you have to eat canned, then that would be best kind but I don't think canned is really allowed. It just doesn't have the fiber than eating raw fruit does. But I could be remembering wrong. Does anyone have the GFGC book with them to check?

wildlifebio - You can find some brands without added sugar. You would be best off buying them and making your own trail mix. My DH also dries his own fruit. It isn't hard. Then he uses approved cereals like Kashi Go Lean to make his own. At the same time we make some for Brian with stuff added like M&Ms. I would eat too much so I just avoid it.

Morning, Kiko and 3darlings, MsCrockett and all the rest

Me - I'm doing well at getting my water but I know I'm going to miss having my snacks today. This is a busy week. We have something every evening.

Yesican2006
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi all!
I am new to your SB site here also! Looks like there is a lot of support and that is what I need!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Ruthxxx
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
The Guide says tinned fruit in fruit juice is very limited.
I also checked out dried fruits. :yikes: Currants, dates, figs and raisins are avoid or very limited (raisins). The only two good dried fruits are apricots and apples, a 1 ounce serving. Of course, my book is old, like me :lol:, and the newer one may have better info.
Note to self: Buy newest version so you don't look like a really dumb MOD

soon2Bfab
03-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow 22 posts already....I gotta stop sleeping in!
Freaky - I'm glad you have a temp fix & you do not need a root canal.

Ruthie - I can't wait for the puppies! Lucy is a handful, but she makes your life more interesting right?

Maureenn - Hello & welcome!

3darlings - sorry about the van...things will turn around!

MsCrokett - new avavtor I see!

2bfit - I can't wait until I can go tanning! We are going to Key West in May & in April I'm going to start tanning so I don't get burnt! I'm not really suppose to tan (family history of skin cancer) but I think getting tan, instead of burning is a better option!

Heather - glad you had a great time with your Mom's night out!

wildlifebio - I would stay away from the dried fruit....I would eat too much of it!

Debbie, Barb, Yesican, Jana, Cottage, Kiko, Focus, Pear, & Schatzi - hello & good morning!

Me - I'm off from work today (hurray!) I'm feeling better, but I just realized that my AVON order is due on Friday & I have 2 orders (oops) so I gotta go follow up with folks today - ugh! I wanted to stay in & scrapbook....oh well.
Chat with you later!

SunLit
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, I'm kind of annoyed. Not a lot, but a little. I was treated to a unfair amount of criticism this morning, because apparently, my pants are too long and according to a coworker, it doesn't look nice and draws attention to the fact that I'm short. Hi, I'm 5' 1". There's no hiding the short factor. I would, in fact, contend that my ankles are actually out of most people's range of vision since I'm so near to the ground.
I didn't feel like explaining that I am currently wearing a pair of pants that haven't fit properly for about four years. And I'm so pleased at not having to unbutton them to take them off, I really couldn't care less if the legs are a scootch too long.
So, after having my pant legs rolled up for me, I am quite disgruntled. And short-panted.

Freaky -- if you like the Enchantment tea, you should try the Vanilla Canadian Maple tea. Soo good! It's supposedly sugar-free AND caffeine-free!

Ruth -- funny you'd be hemming pants today. Can you do mine, too?

Maureen and 2BFit -- my mom's an RN, too, for critical care. I don't know how you guys do it! I like watching ER and reading Robin Cook, but that's where my medical ability stops.

Jana, cottage -- how does Curves work, exactly? They won't tell me when I call.

Focused -- I re-read a New York Times series on diabetes when I'm feeling frustrated. Scares me straight every time.

texasheathers -- pizza is indeed the devil. Still, I plan to do a whole-wheat crust pizza sometime soon. It's one craving I think I still have.

Hope everyone's having great days!

wildlifebio
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Debbie - I have lost the 64 pounds very slowly over a period of about three years now. Although losing it so slowly is annoying at times, I know that because it has taken so long I have made lifestyle changes and I will never be back up that high again. I feel pretty confident that I will be able to maintain once I finally get to the goal weight. I just started SB about 10 pounds ago :)

Sunlit - I hate how some people think it is their business what you wear! I have the opposite problem - I am 6 foot tall and I rarely have pants that are long enough. I think too long pants look better than too short pants!

All the people that commented on the dried fruit - thanks so much for the suggesttions and comments, I guess I will probably stay away from it you guys are right, I would probably eat too much anyway.

Kelly J
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Chicks!

Just a quick check in today. I've been in a PMS-induced funk the past two days. Even with my bad mood I've managed to stay OP with the exception of eating too many of those decadent fudge brownies last night. :thanks: to whomever posted that recipe because it is just what I need when I'm having a major chocolate craving. The fudgsicles are good, but they don't satisfy my cravings and without the brownie recipe I'm postive I would have gone totally off the wagon.

USMCMommy - I'm thinking of you and your little girl today. Good Luck!

Mamacita
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Sunlit...I'm one of those whose first inclination when confronted with comments like that is to be snarky. I think I'd have said something like "tell you what...you go out on your lunch hour and buy me a pair of pants that fit properly if they disturb you so much. If you don't wish to do that, how about shutting the #ell up?" Then smile sweetly and walk away. :devil:

usmchoney
03-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Keep your fingers crossed that it's mono.

I never thought I'd been saying that, but mono is so much better than Hepatitis A, B or C. We just got back from the hospital and they're going to test Keely's blood for Hepatits, Mono, and rerun the liver blood enzyme count.

I've being doing some research about mono and this is what I found:

"One of the most common symptoms of mononucleosis is liver involvement, such as mild liver damage that can cause temporary jaundice (yellowing of the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes)."

"It typically infects teenagers and young adults, but also occurs in younger children, who have a much milder illness that is often not recognized as mono."

"Signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry."

As of late, she's had a lot of energy, but it took her forever to start sitting up on her own or crawling. Maybe she was too tired. Also, the sore throat and loss of appetite would explain why it's such a struggle to feed her and why she's not gaining any weight.

(KellyJ: Thank you so much for the good thoughts!)

Maureennn
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome! :hug: About the dried fruit question, I have great links that are printable versions of allowed foods on Phases 1 and 2. Someone had posted them on the pay SBD website, which I am still subscribed to until the end of this week. These are free links I'm posting here.

The first one is allowed foods on Phase 2.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase2.pdf
This next one is about adapting to phase 1--creating your own meals.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase1Adapt.pdf
Next is adapting to Phase 2
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase2Adapt.pdf
Next is Phase 1 allowed foods.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase1.pdf

You can print these up and post them on the fridge!

SarahinBalance
03-01-2006, 12:58 PM
So I SERIOUSLY pigged out last night on Tex-Mex and it was SO GOOD and SO WORTH IT and even though it prob set me back a bit, it was my fat tuesday celebration. Next 40 days are serious... think I'm going to set a goal for myself for Lent. 10 Pounds in Lent and I'm adding a ticker... Here I go WHEEEEE!

JanaM
03-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Sun - Curves has hydraulic resistance machines that work out different parts of the body (arms, legs, waist). Sort of like weight machines, but the resistance is from the hydraulic arm instead of a counter weight. Basically, the faster you go, the more resistance. Between each machine is what they call a recovery station, where you can walk in place (or whatever) so that you can keep your heart rate up to a good workout level.

Not sure if they still have this policy or not, but I think you can just walk into any Curves and ask for a demo. If they're smart (and want a potential new member) they'd be glad to show you! ;)

2BFIT1
03-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Sunlit...I'm one of those whose first inclination when confronted with comments like that is to be snarky. I think I'd have said something like "tell you what...you go out on your lunch hour and buy me a pair of pants that fit properly if they disturb you so much. If you don't wish to do that, how about shutting the #ell up?" Then smile sweetly and walk away. :devil:
I'm with you mamacita!! Where do some people get off anyway??
That is the one good thing about having to wear uniforms to work~~you aren't expected to wear the latest fashion and you can wear the same things over again each month.

Soon~~ I'm going to Calif to visit my dad & sister in May and I want a little color on my body before I go. The visit will be difficult enough, all by itself, without me being the only pale one there. I do not look forward to dealing with my sister :crazy:

Welcome Red

Stephanie Osborne
03-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Well ladies, I was a domestic goddess yesterday and even managed to get some strength training in. While I am sure I did not hit my 64 oz of water I got pretty dang close...The downfall of the day was the off plan dessert YIKES! I will be going to the gym to kill the chocolate with cardio tonight. I am going to buy a scale today...my husband thinks it is a waste of money since i can just weigh myself at the gym...

Drink your water, watch what you eat, and shake what your mamma gave ya!

freaky - glad you dont have to shell out a ton of $$$ to get it fixed. I can relate to you on the eating thing, I can exercise with the best of them...we need to be STRONG!!!That is halarious about your computer wallpaper, I need to do that!

ruth - dogs are an excellent part of like ruth, I am a yuppy with a puppy instead of a child lol

maureennn - nice to meet you, welcome to the board. I think you will like it here, we are a great group of ladies!

kiko - thanks for the encouragement, I needed that girl...

3darlingsmomma - congrats on not turning to food, sounds like you are stressed, I hope things get better.

heather - I agree pizza should be wiped off the face of this earth, good plan with the water...

annarenee- GET TO WORK lol

debbie - We are all whiners, just have to change from writing about it to DOING it, use it as motivation girl...

yesican - WELCOME!!!

soon - I will message you later about AVON

sunlit - that is awful! Who cares if your pants are too long...their YOUR pants...I would have given them an earful...

kellyj - ooooh fudge brownies, you are the devil...

mamacita - I agree with you on the advice for sunlit lol

usmchoney - still keeping you and yours in my thought hun

sarahslacker - its good to gorge every once in a while, when I do it reminds me of how sick i get of the food I just ate...goodluck with your lent goal.

SunLit
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Haha, Mamacita, good idea. Unfortunately, my first instinct is almost always to be apologetic. Then I spend a little time feeling ashamed, then I steam right on into angry.

Mostly, I don't care now. I think he meant well. And I'm going to wear a skirt tomorrow. :D

beach bum
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Chicks:)

Busy again this morning,infact the whole week I was told I'll be off the:comp: computer in the mornings.Going to the doctors for a blood test,and Fri I have a furneral to sing for at my church choir.

Brrr!! its bitter cold outside and we're expecting :coolsnow: snow for tomorrow. Wish the winter was over, I want to be able to take my :running:walks along the :beach: beach again.

Hows every one doing???????????

Oh DEBBIE Don't get frustrated,we're all been there with the old scales doesn't want to budge. One night of pepperoni :jeno:pizza,shouldn't do that to you or me or anyone. The scale will go down for you real soon.

:welcome2: YESICAN to the daily,you right theres lots of support here.

RUTHThanks:thanks: for the dried fruit update.

SUNLITEDon't:nono: listen :listen:to other people about your pants. I find if THEY can't say anything nice THEY SHOULD KEEP THEIR BIG:foot: MOUTH CLOSED.

KELLYBe care with that brownie recipe its delish......and I decdied not:no: to make it that often as is very temping.

USMCHONEYsending some healing :goodvibes:vibes for your:bb: little one.

MAUREENThanks:thanks: for the web sites

SARAHI'm doing the same lental challenge to lose 2lbs in 40ty days. Thats all I want,is that too much to ask.WISHING you:luck: luck and good:goodvibes: vibes that you'll get there.

Have a nice day Hugs :) BB

RNMOM
03-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm the long- lost -can't-find -the- beach -towel-during-February-chicklet! Wow! I don't know what happened during February, but I was sure missing in action. I might have posted 3 times and ate right MAYBE 5 times.:(
Excuses?.......
son left for Ft Bliss to go to Iraq
birthday
too much homework
stressed
not enough sunshine (this is really true for me)

Took a sick day today from the ER and I'm getting focused while I stay home sick.

So, it's the first of the month and I'm in for the March madness. I need the support from here, not to come here. There are so many new "faces I haven't met yet, so I'll not do individual posts, but hi everyone.:wave:

Ruth, is it too late to post for the March challenge? I wanna see the scales moving in the right direction!:dust: :dust: :dust:

batmomm2000
03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
yikes!! there are a ton of posts so I'm off to read them all.

Just wanted to say Happy March and we are that much closer to spring...

need a good snack now, hmm....probably ought to lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese...

Meowna
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Hello, my name is Leona.....I am a Mother to 4 wonderful children.....well not really children.......25, 22, 21 and 5.....I have used this site for my weight loss in the past and found the support to be wonderful, diet ideas at my fingertips, recipes that close as well. So here I go again time now to lose the rest of it.

New to sb diet.........not new to dieting.........used Atkins to remove the bulk I was carrying.......now need to shed the clingon weight........not bad I have maintained a loss of 70 lbs for a cpl yrs now......I stopped thinking BIG.......no more Big clothes, no more Big meals........it made dieting easier.....thought of myself as a smaller person and adjusted my life to it......HEY it worked for me! I also adjusted my goals........130 lbs was not realistic for my body.....and really.......its not the number on the scale so much as how much more my body can do now........I can run stairs, I can chase my lil guy in the park.......I can squeeze between vehicles to get to my car.....hahahaha.....its the lil things really that make a difference, how my clothes feel and the way I view my body.....I learned to be happy with the flaws.........I am not 20 anymore and I feel no need to look it! I have hips! Always will.;)

Cheers Ladies
Leona

Yesican2006
03-01-2006, 04:26 PM
:wave: Maureen- Thanks for the links! Just what I was looking for instead of carrying around my book:carrot:

SarahinBalance
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey Leona! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum! Gets a little goofy in here sometimes but that's what makes it fun... I congratulate you on making a step in the right direction... I've tried Adkins before and SB is just so different... really feels like a lifestyle change...

MsCrockett
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Man ole Man what a busy thread we have today..

I will catch up after while,, one quick question,,,,,, can we frie eggs in canola,, i am thinking yes,, but not sure,,
made a ham roast today,, very good..... but still craving SALAD,, I swear I am turning into a rabbit....
I want to make an omlet with the left over ham for breakfast... soooooooooo just check about the fried,, if I choose to have it.. want to make sure...

Take Care All

Kiko
03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Holy Cannoli (whole wheat with lowfat cheese of course!!) it has been busy around here today. Just checking to see how everyone's day was. Mine was awful- but I am proud to say I didn't use food to ease my frustration!

RNMom :flow1: Welcome back!!!! You know we loves ya!! :flow1:

Off to scrub DD- just wanted to say hello!

Healthy
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Leona, I enjoyed reading your post...we have a lot of the same philosophies. :)

weezle
03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeesh.

Hi kids. I hate not being able to get on here before late at night. I feel like I miss out on so much!

Maureen: What's up girl? My mom's name is Maureen, she's an RN, and is on South Beach. I'd swear you were her, except she has 2 spoiled rotten Dachshunds, Oscar and Sophie. Just thought I'd let you know we kind of have something in common!

So I got a little exercise in today. It was SO HUMID in the gym at the Y. I thought I was going to die. As the game went on, teammate Eric noted that I was coughing and hacking more and more. It must have just been the humidity because after volleyball, Molly and I went downstairs and ran and I didn't cough at all. Did 3/4 mile again.... would have been 1 full mile but Molly got a side cramp and needed to walk, so I walked with her. It's just no fun running by yourself.

Well, I need to spend a little time with DH before it's time for bed. One more bottle of water and I'm good for the day! Wahoo! Talk to you girls soon!

Lisa