Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! Wk 10, Feb 27,2006

Sheri~C
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 32 days (5 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous

Sheri~C
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
INVEST IN YOURSELF!

Invest in Yourself
The harder you work
the harder it is to surrender.
-- Vince Lombardi
Do you have trouble making a commitment to your goals? Perhaps you need to invest more of yourself in them. The more you work toward something, the more committed you become. And the more committed you are, the more you will work toward it. It is an upward spiral toward certain success.
Invest time and effort in yourself, and in your dreams. Start out small, and work consistently. Before you know it, you'll have something to show for your effort. And you'll have something even more important -- the determination to keep going. The things you build and create, are the things you will value, appreciate, protect and use to their fullest extent.
The things you build and create, no one can take away from you. You won't let them! The goals and dreams you really work toward, no one will be able to steal from you. No amount of discouragement, challenge or setback can stop you, when you've invested enough of yourself.
Get up and get to work. Build, produce, create, take action. Then do it again and again. Before long, you won't be able to stop.
-- Ralph Marston

lumifan4ever
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
oh yay, a new thread. well, i am trying really hard to drop another pound this week. i'll weigh in on friday. i have been having alot of tuna and pickles this week, and my calories have been really low for the past two days, i am having trouble getting them back up to 1600 for tomorrow. but i know i can do it. funny thing is, 800 to 1000 seems to be satisifying me, although i know that is no where near enough calories. so, i am trying to get them back up to 1600 without eating a lot of junk food. right now, i need about 700 more calories to finish my day off with tomorrow. :(

Sheri~C
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry I was late getting the new thread up, somedays my other life gets in my way.

Another WI this morning and another pound down. I had hoped for a little more but I haven't had the time to get in my gym workouts and I have missed a few of my walking days. So I am happy that I got the loss this week.

Welcome to all of you new challengers! I know we are going to do great on this final third of our challenge. Only 5 weeks left to go!

We need to start thinking about how we want to feel come spring, all of the new clothes are starting to come into the stores and I am looking forward to getting some new things. All of my shirts are so baggy I feel so sloppy walking around in them.

I hate to spend money on new clothes as I know I will not be in them long but I will get a couple of nice things that fit if only to make me feel better.

My sister turns 50 this year and I haven't seen her since before I started back on WW in September. She knows nothing about my weight loss and I am going to surprise her with a visit in June for her B Day. I know she will be surprised. I really would like to be able to wear a nice summer dress as she lives in Kelowna which is very warm.

That is what I have to look forward to this spring. What are the rest you you hoping for in this new years spring? Do you have any special events or plans coming up?

lumifan4ever
02-28-2006, 05:36 PM
i know what you mean susan, i have been eyeing the new spring clothes that are coming out too. and i want so badly to buy a new outfit in a size smaller but i just don't want to do it until i can actually try it on. sometimes clothes in my size now just don't look right on me, so i don't want to spend money on something until i can really try it on. i wish they would not put clothes out soo early. i just keep telling myself that when i lose weight, the clothes i like will be on clearance so i won't have to pay full price for them. but yes, new spring clothes is definately one of my motivations. and i am going to meet the days of our lives stars in july so i am trying to lose a lot before i go meet them again and have my picture taken with them. i want to look hot in the pics. i also want to jump in a tanning bed. you won't be able to pick me out from the stars. i am going to look just as hot as them. (that's my dream anyways) :)

vaughnc5920
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I would very much like to participate in this. My goal for march is to lose 10 pounds. I am not sure what else to post, but I am determined that this time I will lose this extra weight!

lumifan4ever
02-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I would very much like to participate in this. My goal for march is to lose 10 pounds. I am not sure what else to post, but I am determined that this time I will lose this extra weight!

well, i know you are welcome to join in. wow, 10 pounds in march. i'd just like to lose one pound a week. i can't seem to lose more than that. and that has only been the last two weeks. i pray i lose another pound by this friday.

good luck on the ten pounds and keep us informed. ;)

teahoney
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Welcome Christen. My goal is to lose 10 pounds for March myself. I'm sure we can both do this.

Dinahgirl
02-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi everybody. I'm feeling soooo much better. In our last episode - lol - my arthritis was flaring, I''d been traveling too much for work, and for both those reasons had dropped way back on my exercise. Well, the doctor's scales lied about my weight gain, I've doubled up on my anti-inflammatories, and I've decided to not accept illness as my lot in life. I march forward!!!:cheer: Maybe not 10 pounds in March, but SOME pounds in March. Here we go!:carrot:

jelly
02-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey all!!!!! Today was a good day. My hubby made another delious dinner. Fish, veggies and some pasta. And for desert it was suger free-fat free cheese cake pudding:hyper: So now I am giong to probably do my 20 min pilates. Have a great evening and I'll post tomorrow

purplecrush
02-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Ah ha!! So they do have fat free cheese cake pudding!!!! My sister and I were just talking about this today!! Im sooooo going to go find it tomorrow!!

Im doing good today, but its 5:30 and I still have 10 points to eat and im not even hungry!!! Ahhh what to do, what to do!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-28-2006, 10:13 PM
just looking better and feeling better

jelly
02-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Purple,
It is so worth every bite. And I belive it's only 70 cal with fat free milk. It tastes just like the cheese cake filling and tomorrow I am gioning to buy fresh strwberries and put it in the pudding:carrot: I bet it will be speechless;) I got it in the boxes. They are way cheeper $.99. Well good luck findin git. Okay everyone for real now I must sign off. Gotta put the kittys to bed so that me and the hubby have alone time:flame:

lumifan4ever
03-01-2006, 09:36 AM
well, it's the first day of march and i feel like crap!! not physically, just emotionally. my scales went up two pounds but i keep telling myself it doesn't mean i have put on two pounds. there is no way i could put on two pounds when i haven't even eaten 1200 calories in 2 days. i know it must be water weight, but it is still depressing to see it go back up. and my waist is just not budging for what i can tell.

does anyone shop thru the mail with chadwicks??? i was looking at their measurment page for their clothes, and I am no where near their measurements. my bust is a size 16misses, my waist is a size 22w, and my hips are a size 16w. how odd is that??? anyone else have strange measurements like that. my bust, waist and hips don't really differ alot. so, i guess i can tell that i carry alot of my weight in my waist. anyone know of some good ways of getting rid of belly fat?? i am trying to do crunches this month. my goal is 1000 crunches for the month. (crunches are difficult for me because, A, i have a big pot belly, and B, my abs are VERY weak apparently after having my last two kids.) should you feel the pain in your back when you are feeling it in your abs?? i am guessing it is normal considering my back and ab muscles are probably connected and are very weak. thanks for any input on this. :)

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-01-2006, 10:22 AM
ok its been 30days and no word on "the grils" from the ins. company I am started to think they are not going to pay for this I hate to think I may have to pay for this but I will if I have to...I have had more computer work added and my back is telling on my now......

Sarica
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi everybody! Hope everyone is doing great today!:hug: I would like to join the group. I have a few goals for April 1st.

1. Walk/Run 5x a week.
2. Use my excercise ball 3x a week.
3. Reach my goal weight of 232 lbs.

:carrot: I look foward to getting to know each of you & will let you know how I am doing! Thanks so much! ;)

jelly
03-01-2006, 11:56 AM
:welcome2: Sarica!!!!! We will help you with encourgement as much as we can. You have a great attitude so far. Don't lose it.:D :goodluck: Post every chance you get-k-.

Lumi,:wave: Don't know what to tell you. But I hope you feel better about your weight. Don't worry it probably is muscle, especailly if you're diong your crunches. As far as th epain in your back:?: dunno. But good luck to you and don't get negative on us:hug:

well everyone have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

Sheri~C
03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Lumifan: That extra weight you are showing may be from the pickles. I have had weeks where I ate a lot of pickles (15-20) and the salt will retain water. If you are having trouble getting in all of your calories and you don’t feel like eating have a glass or two of 2% or whole milk, this will increase your calories and you will benefit from the calcium and the fat (small amounts of animal fat are good for us) You can also add a bit more fruit or even some good whole grain cereal to get those extra calories.

Vaughnc5920: welcome: , We like to hear what program you are using and how it works for you and what exercise you are doing. Also any tricks or hints that have worked well for you. Where you are from, married, kids etc….

Dinahgirl: Are you taking any evening primrose and flaxseed oils in pill form? I suffer from RA in my hands and have been surprised to find that since I started those supplements I have very little pain and swelling. I was expecting a bad time of it this year with our temperature fluctuations but I have been feeling great.

Jelly: Sounds like your hubby takes great care of you, that menu sounds great!

Purplecrush: When I have that many points left I head for the yogurt, it is so good now with all of the great flavors and I sometimes add a TBLS of Flaxseed oil to it. All good for you!

Sarica: :welcome3: You have a great plan in place you will do great! Tell us a bit about you and the program you are using.

Leigh: I am sure you will hear from the insurance company. I bet they are all backlogged right now with claims from the south. Keep on top of them though and let them know you are waiting.

I just finished another of my new WATP dvd's! This one used weights and was 2 miles. I sure felt that! :lifter: It is good though, I love the way I feel after I exercise and it really keeps me on track, I don't want to waste all that hard work by eating junk.

Everyone have a great on program day!

vaughnc5920
03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I am 30 (today is my birthday). I am recently divorced, and a full time mom of 3. In my spare time, I go to school full time, and take care of my retired mother. I am using a calorie counter plan. I am borderline diabetic, I have high blood pressure, and I have started having back difficulty and circulation problems because of my size (I am 5'4). I have tried and failed all those fad diets, but I am determined to do it this time.

Thanks for having me here

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Stay with is Christen....

Sheri ty and I am glad you are back!!!!!!!!

lumifan4ever
03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
thanks sheri and jelly for the support. i know i can do this. i don't know why i was feeling down this morning. you're right....the pickles could be holding in the water. and i know it's not that i gained weight. i was just sad to see the numbers. anyways, i know i am going to keep trudging along and the weight will come off slowly.

on a good note, i found out that another local gym is going to honor my membership from the gym i was going to that has closed down. i still had a year left on my membership and didn't know how i was going to afford to pay for another gym. so, i will get to start back at the gym tomorrow. hopefully they will even have someone there whom i can talk to about a good routine to help me with my cardio and abs.

i am feeling much better now. thanks guys for listening to me ramble. :)

Sheri~C
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
vaughnc5920: Happy Birthday:hb: Christen! I am a mom of 2 boys 1, 6 years and one 20 years and I have a 10 year old foster son too. I am on WW and your calorie counting is pretty much the same as that. I am 5'4" and am having a lot of foot and knee problems. I know you will do this determination equals willpower and that means you have already started with a big bonus. Don't forget to make note of your success no matter how small. We need to be aware of how great we are doing!

lumifan4ever: I am glad you found another gym to honor your membership, that must be a relief. Now you can start back at all the strength training and be hot for those good looking DOOL guys! We are here for any and all ramblings!

Sarica
03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Sarica: :welcome3: You have a great plan in place you will do great! Tell us a bit about you and the program you are using.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! :hug: I am 26yrs old, married, w/ a 4yr old baby boy. My husband is really helping me, I dont know if I could do it without him. I am a bookkeeper for a CPA firm, and I sit at a desk all day. My major problem is going out to eat...breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was getting ridiculous. I have told the girls at work "no more!". I have quit going to lunch with them, unless they are going somewhere that I know I can get something healthy. I have changed how, when, what I eat, and I have started exercising. I am watching my calories a lot closer, and choosing foods much healthier. I am using fitday, to keep track of food and exercise. I am trying to stay positive, there has only been one day this past week that I was not sure I could do this. I stuck it out, and the next day was better. I have tried in the past to lose weight but I have never been this serious, and I slowly start eating bad again. Well this time I am determined! I really want to lose weight! I might need a kick in the pants every once in a while. :p Talk to ya'll soon! :hug:

bigmamatita
03-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I lost 1.8 lbs this past week! I've been working out hard and eating clean so it must be working. I also keep track of my body measurements and I've been losing on my waist, hips,thighs and calves. I recommend measurements to everyone, some weeks when I weigh in and there is little weight loss I get discouraged but then I take my measurements and I get so happy cause I always lose something. lumifan4ever: Other times I tried to diet I had similar issues to yours. This time I've taken a lot of time learning about nutrition and exercise and I've found some interesting info. I'll share it with ya.DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! (i drink a gallon/day)1. Not eating enough causes you to lose muscle instead of fat 2. There is no such thing as "spot reduction", if you wanna lose the belly fat (which is my most stubborn area) you should do cardio. Cardio helps you lose the fat and weight training helps your muscles develop. In essence, cardio = fat loss, weight training = muscle gain, which equals nice tight abs. 3. The more muscle you have the higher your metabolism will become which = fat loss! (I've been following this for 3wks now and I've lost inches not just weight! and my body looks a little toned!)4. Eating 6 small meals/day also helps your metabolism stay elevated!I do 3 days cardio and 3 days weight training. On my weight training days I make sure to "break-a-sweat". And on my cardio days I do interval training for 20 min and push myself to do the best I can!My meals vary but here is an example:meal 1 - (protein shake) 1/3c fat free plain yogurt, 3/4c fat free milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1c frozen strawberries, mix in blender (yummy!)meal 2 - (peanut butter sandwich) 2 slices Sara Lee whole grain bread and 2 tbsp natural peanut buttermeal 3 - 8oz tilapia fish, 1c veggie medley, sweet potatoemeal 4 - 1c oatmeal, 1 bananameal 5 - 8 oz chicken breast, 1c broccoli, 1c brown ricemeal 6 - lowfat cottage cheese w/ pineappleGOOD LUCK TO YA!!! Hope some of this info helps!!! I'm so excited I can just keep on going like the Energizer Bunny!!

bigmamatita
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
my reply came out badly formatted. I guess I did something wrong....hmm..

Misti in Seattle
03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Welcome Vaughn... and happy birthday a bit late!!

Dance

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok ladies Wake up and get them bodys moveing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lumifan4ever
03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
okay, great day here!! I ate alot more yesterday than i had been. i actually got 1885 in calories yesterday. granted, alot of it probably wasn't healthy but i was down another pound this morning. only one more to be back where i was on saturday. :carrot: i still am not eating as healthy today as i would like to because i am finishing off yesterday's R&R sandwich, but the rest of the day from there should be good. tonight is broiled chicken breast and zuccini. ;)

anyways, i also start at the new gym tonight. i am hoping to get in one to two miles at lunch today....hopefully jog some of that. also hoping to get in 25 minutes on the elliptical machine and some weight training.

last night i did 50 crunches and 50 sumu squats and lunges, so actually it was 30 sumu squats and 10 lunges on the left leg and then 10 lunges on the right leg. boy are the top of my thighs sore!!! but i don't care. that is the point. now if i can get the rest of my thighs sore like that, i'll know i have had a good thigh workout. (gotta get them in shape for bathing suit season. i sure hope the trainer at the new gym can point me in the right direction to tone them up!!);)

hope everyone is on the right path this 2nd day of march. good luck to all!! :hug:

bigmamatita
03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier but I have joined the March of Dimes in their annual Walk-America. If you are interested in being my sponsor please log on to www.walkamerica.org/bigmamatita I appreciate any donations!!! Lets help babies live happy and healthy lives!!

jelly
03-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeh Lumi :hug: SO happy your feeling better and eating more . Keep it up. Yeh bigmamatita you sound like you are diong fantastic:carrot: Well, everyone have a great day and stay postive. Don't give up. All of your postive posts keep me giong. :dance:

CoolMom75
03-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Just as I suspected...I had retained water from my works days, and actually had a two pound loss. Its funny, I think I might have broke into the 130s today (140.6 with clothes on) and my body still looks like butter.lol

That's what I get for doing diet alone, without exercise.

lumifan4ever
03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
congrats coolmomma. don't worry, you'll firm up that butter!! now that you're excerising, you can do it!! yay for you!!!

thanks jelly for the words. i appreciate everyone's support.

We can do this!!! :)

reshiegirl
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi Ladies !!! Happy to report that we can add another 2 pounds to our group total loss, but I am pretty sure I won't make it to my goal, since I have not even made it to the halfway point !!! However, I am not giving up yet !!!

Thanks to all of you for keeping me honest and giving me somethig to work toward !

Hugs,
Dawn

purplecrush
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Good job on all the losses!! I love coming to this thread to see how everyones doing! Its great motivation!!!

My weigh in Tuesday. I cant wait lol. I cant wait to hit my 30 lbs mark!!!
I worked my butt off on Wed! I did 60 mins on my stair stepper!!! and 50 mins of Pilates, the hard one lol. Boy was I sore yesterday! Im still sore, but im going to try to work through the pain and do it again! I felt so great after I did all that. I usually do after I exercise. Im starting to get to a point where I LIKE exercising and actually LOOK forward to it!! Ahhh whats wrong with me LOL!!!

Keep up the losing!!

Randee

lumifan4ever
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
i didn't read all of the blogs yesterday. i missed the one to me from bigmammamita...thanks for the advice. i am going to try to join a cardio class at the new gym. i didn't work out last night because it was alittle intimidating walking around by myself. so i set up an appointment for monday to go thru the room and machines with a personal trainer. try to get some tips from him on how to start accomplishing my goals. this new gym has longer hours and more classes. i belive we do need cardio AND weight training while eating better.

anyways, i am at least happy to report i am back down to the 179 i was at last friday. no other loss, but happy to report that anyways.

my kids and i are starting a new thing at home, where we are going to try one new fruit and vegetable a week. and maybe new recipes too.

by the way, someone mentioned to me i may not want to eat so much tuna. that i may be getting too much mercury in my diet. sooooo, i will have to cut back on that to once or twice a week. not every day. :(

anyways, how's every one else doing????

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I made my own web site...the first time I have done anything like it. I put a counter on it....just to see how many where looking...How sad am I...I am the only one its counting. I go there to see if I can add things and put photos on it...and enter stuff in my blog...Its all to funny....lol

Sheri~C
03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
A little Something to think about!

Choices

Every moment, you make a choice. You are where you are because of the choices you have made in the past. The choices you make today will determine your future. With each choice you make, ask yourself, "Where will this choice lead? How will it affect my life tomorrow, next week, next month, 5 years from now?"

Experience will teach you which choices work for you, and which ones work against you. Consider your life purpose, your goals, your direction, and your focus in the choices you make -- which choices will enable you to develop into the person you want to be? You can spend your time doing the things that will bring you closer to your goals, or you can spend your time seeking immediate comfort and gratification. The choice is up to you, and it will make all the difference in the world.

A life that is successful and fulfilled is no more difficult than a life of mediocrity. Successful people aren't any luckier, nor are they any more intelligent, or more skilled than the average person. Successful people are distinguised by the fact that they have chosen to do the things that will make them successful. Not just in the big decisions, but also the every day, moment-by-moment decisions that make up the bulk of living.
Life is made of choices, not chances. Which choices are you making?

-- Ralph Marston

Sassy8877
03-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Hope ya'all don't mind but I would love to join the group as well :) I have a trip to Vegas planned right after the first of April and I want to look my best. I had already set a goal for that - and now it would be great to have support from folks trying for the same time too.

I am 28 and have a 7 yr old little girl. Divorced but have a wonderful BF who is so supportive, heck he even did Pilates with me last night :) My goal is to watch my calories on FitDay and limit carbs, trying to exercise nightly, switching between strength training (Pilates) and cardio (swimming or aerobics) to get to my goal.

About two years ago I had done the SBD and was down to an ultime low of 171, but since then I have gone back up :( the good part is I know I can do it (as I have before) and I know how good it feels to lose the weight.

I am thinking the first 5-6 pds will come off pretty easily (realitively speaking) since my body liked to hoover around the 175 mark, if I just get back to healthy eating and exercise. But the next 5 lbs will be where the serious work comes into play and I will be here for all the support I can get to hit my April goal.

Thanks so much!! Looking forward to a skinner Aprils Fool :)

teahoney
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I am so proud of myself. I finally exercised today. I let the whole day pass and then it was after 7 and I was going to just be like, forget it but I kicked myself in the butt and got in 40 minutes of cardio and I'm very proud of myself. Wow, not exercising for so many weeks really makes a difference. I'm going to have to build myself back up all over again. But I'm really glad I exercised today.

Sassy8877
03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Awesome Tracey!! I was thinking of bagging it for today too - but now I just might reconsider ;)

jelly
03-03-2006, 11:29 PM
:welcome2: Sassy!!!!!!! Great to have you here. And proud of you that you have decided to make that step to change your llifestlye.:hug: Whatever you feel or need, don't forget to write it down. Everyone here is fantastic. Keep postive.

Teahoney-
so happy for you:carrot: Glad you got up and did your thing. Keep it up.

Okay everyone, hope you all have a great night. I gotta go and cuddle with my hubby;)

dawn7672
03-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi ladies, I'm finally reporting my loss for this week of 1lb. I have been eating sporadically and some of the time I have actually snacked after 1 am. I was too scared to get on the scale earlier in the week because I know I was not following the plan and was thinking I might have gained. I'll take the lb loss. Hoping for a better next week. I weigh in at curves on thursday, wish me luck.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Tracey how are the new shoes working out for you? I had to get some new ones. My other new ones fell apart....lol to many trips to the threadmill

No weight loss today to report but I did lose a inch in my wist....thats a good thing. I am still working hard and will not give up!!!!!

Welcome Sassy!!!!! keep up the good work and stay with us you are in good company.....

jelly
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Happy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:
Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was a good one for me. went to the oark with the family and cleaned the casa:dizzy:
Gonna go pay a phone bill today and just handg out with my love ones. Well have a good one and stay postive. If you catch your self cheating........Just slap your hand and throw it away:devil: Stay positve!!!!!!!!!

Misti in Seattle
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
LOL Jelly, I will try to keep it out of my hand in the first place but if I do happen to find it there... will remember your advice.

Dance

Sheri~C
03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Morning everyone!

Today I decided to go back over the last three threads to see who has been posting and I have redone my list of names. We still have 33 people who check in on a regular basis so that is very good for a thread that has been going this long.

We do have several new challengers (10) who have not yet posted a loss so I am sure we will see a nice jump in the number next week.

We still have a very large number of pounds gone due in great part to those of you who have stayed on since the start. So that certainly says a lot for all of you who have stayed commited and determined!

I Will wait until late this afternoon to total up the losses so if anyone wants to get their loss included make sure you post an update for me. I will get the new thread up before 6pm mountain tonight as I will be watching the Oscar's!

We have four full weeks left of this challenge and that is enough to lose at least 1 pound a week per person so we could if we all work hard lose another 132 pounds by the end of the challenge.

Are you up for it?

Have a great day and keep thinking losing thoughts!

Sheri~C
03-05-2006, 01:59 PM
In these the last few weeks of our challenge it may help to read this and take it to heart!

Back on track

If you have gotten a little bit off track, today is a great day to re-focus yourself. All it takes is a single step to put you back into a positive direction. Sure, you've slipped a little in the past. That's no reason to abandon the effort. Get back on track. Take one step and re-commit yourself to going the distance.

The difference between winners and losers is not at the beginning of the race. Everyone is there at the starting line. The winners are the ones who persevere to the end, who see it through, who refuse to give up or give in.

Everyone gets sidetracked on occasion. What makes a winner is the ability to quickly get back in the race after each setback. It is never too late to keep on going, so make a commitment to do just that.

Get yourself back on track today. You have the time, you have the ability and you have the desire. So do it! Make the most of what you've already done by seeing it through. Stay on course until the job is finished and you'll count yourself among the winners!

-- Ralph Marston

Misti in Seattle
03-05-2006, 03:16 PM
LOL well actually I think I have just been chatting here and not actually joined in the challenge... so yah here I go! I am on a healthful eating plan and want to stick with it. I don't set weight loss "goals" as I want my goals to be something I have control of! Though of course my overall goal is to lose weight... if I am making sense. Anyway I have lost 15 pounds since the first of Feb.

Sheri~C
03-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi Dance!
You are welcome to join in or just chat, either way it is nice to have you here. Your goal doesn't need to be for weight loss on this thread though most seem to have that goal. It can be just changing a habit or adding exercise, anything at all really that relates to your health and well being.

But I am going to add your terrific loss of 15 pounds to our total!

Dinahgirl
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm still here, but no loss to report. However, thanks to some encouragement on another thread, I've decided to keep on exercising even when my arthritis flares. Thank you so much! At least my endorphins will be up there! I'm trying to eat clean and have added some new routines to my strength training. We'll see what happens! I really like this thread a lot and appreciate all the positive thoughts.

Sarica
03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi all! I forgot to post my weight loss. I have lost 9 lbs since February 20th. Since I joined the group last Monday I have lost 2 lbs. Not too bad. :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
TOM....ugggggg......

I dont feel like eating .......
I hope that I have a lose this week....I think I can....I think I can.....I think I can........

jelly
03-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Good morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Happy monday:carrot:
I lost 2lbs:encore:164 I'm beyond happy:ebike: I was sick for a couple days. And I still am:mad: I've been eating here and there. Today I gotta go work out :dizzy: I would love to join the new challenge:hyper: Please oh please:crossed: well hope everyone has a great day. Stay positive

Sassy8877
03-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Still was only down the 1 lb since I started again last week, but hey it stayed off :goodscale: I haven't gotten on the scale since my Academy feast, but the good news is today I am all sorts of back on the track of healthy eating and I am going swimming for 1+ hour this afternoon. Hopefully that will counter any damage I did with the cheese foundu yesterday:devil:

So do you regularly report-out on Monday?

la3y_un1c0rn_37
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Report when ever you want to Sassy...Some one will always be here....

As for me I just did 4 times around the builing where I work at. I need a nap now....lol

I will get on treadmill tonight 2miles and add some new ex. a freind gave me today....

Sheri~C
03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
STOP!

THREAD CLOSED

Please go to week 11 February 6,06