Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #1  

Question Salmon

I love Salmon Caesar Salad!! However, I don't know how to make the salmon...Does anyway have a good recipe for Fresh Pink Salmon, not that can stuff????
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

A simple way is to sprinkle the top with salt and pepper and maybe a small amount of lemon juice and then broil it. I forget what the specific times are-something like 5 min per inch thickness. But don't quote me on that, wait until someone who knows for sure answers.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #3  
Run Forest Run!

My favourite recipe for fresh salmon is to bake it in the oven. Its simple but tastes yum!

I chop up garlic and push the slices into the salmon. I top it with fresh herbs, salt and pepper and bake for approx 20mins.

Its scrumptous!

bone idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #4  

My answer to all "how to cook any form of protein" question, is to stick it in the George Foreman, if you have one, it works really well, timing is tricky though as it depends on the thickness of your fish.

I ditto baking it. When I bake salmon I make a parcel out of baking paper (not sure if it's called that in the US) and wrap it up, takes about 15 - 20 minutes. Sometimes I put veggies in the parcel and sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. i don't salt fish or meat before cooking but do it at the table, if I am going to use salt.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

It's called parchment paper here.
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote