WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 09:49 PM   #1  

Question Vitamuffins

Has anyone ever tried the vitamuffins that are advertised in Weight Watchers magazine...they have 200 calories and 8 grams of fiber per muffin...they come in blueberry-bran, cranberry-bran and multi-bran. I used to love Bakers Breakfast Cookies in the morning but ever since they changed the recipe they're not as good (in my opinion). You can order these muffins from vitalicious.com but I wanted to see if anyone had tried them.

Thanks!

I'm Losing It
Old 07-24-2001, 09:01 AM   #2  
imaleader

Default Not a Clue

But I just spent 108.00 ordering 6 dozen of them. I had the nicest chat with the owner -- who assured me that if I hated them I could return them for a refund. They are a very big seller in NYC which is where they're based, and right now they come in three flavors--CranBran, MultiBran and BlueBran. So, Thank you, Losing it, for pointing me in this direction.

I will post their nutrition label in a separate thread.

Regards.

Old 07-24-2001, 09:45 AM   #3  

Wow..6 dozen...you must love muffins as much as I do LOL. Please let me know how they taste as soon as you try one...I miss having a muffin in the morning but I'm not much of a cook and would rather just pay for a low-point muffin....

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2001, 10:06 AM   #4  
imaleader

Well, the come up (on Winning Points) as only 3 points per muffin. Going by the old program (and I don't have the formula handy) I'd guess they're only 1 pt. each... nice. they're shipping today I will have them on Friday..... can't wait. And, thanks so much for pointing us in that direction. By the way, they can be frozen for longer term storage. They are also working on new flavors... I just hope they don't have a sawdust quality to them!

Old 07-24-2001, 10:31 AM   #5  

Actually, 200 cal/0 fat/8 fiber would be 2 points on the 1-2-3 program. Let us know how they taste. There are some very branny muffins I've tried at Trader Joe's that DID taste like sawdust, and I'm not usually terribly picky.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:11 AM   #6  
imaleader

Thanks -- I wish I hadn't tossed my old pointsfinder -- dumbest thing I ever did, and there isn't an old one at my center either! (Of course, committing the formula to memory wouldn't hurth either...) AND, the difference between a 3 point muffin and a 2 point muffin aren't what got me in trouble to begin with -- so whatever takes to keep off these 59 pounds...

The owner says they're NOT your typical muffin -- There will be a "verdict" as soon as I get them.

Old 07-24-2001, 11:16 AM   #7  

Not the official, patented points formula, but a parsing of the function of the slider, courtesy of DH the math teacher:

Start with calories
Subtract 10 x fiber grams (apply 4 g cap if so inclined)
Add 4 x fat grams
Divide total by 50.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:50 AM   #8  
imaleader

hugs to you!

Closed Thread