LA Weight Loss - Girls can you help me with this lol

Gymgurl
02-25-2006, 09:10 AM
My hubby was diagnoised with prediabetes...I have to get him on a good diet for his blood sugar....the PROBLEM is he is really thin 5'11 and 165 pounds...I know the jerk lol....so I need some ideas..I heard Sounth Beach is a great plan but he doesn't need the weight loss but his lipids are bad too...So any suggestions or ideas??:?:

marbear
02-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Can he just cut out all refined sugars and white stuff and only do whole grains? That should help the pre-diabetes tremendously. As far as the lipids, I don't know. My husband has the same issue but won't do much about it. Have you tried going over the the insulin resistance board (in the dieting with obstacles section of 3fc). Those ladies are sure to have tried every diet for people with blood sugar issues...they say insulin resistance is like a pre-diabetes thing, too.

Mary

csoar2004
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Studies now indicate that type II Diabetes is a disease of carb intolerance. Your DH really needs to cut back on his daily carb servings, especially the empty white ones (white flour, white sugar, white rice, white pasta, white bread). I highly recommend Phase 3 of the Fat Flush Plan for him. It's a carb-conscious plan with healthier choices (whole grains, brown or wild rice, lots of colorful veggies - LOTS and LOTS, fiber-rich, etc). ;)

good luck!