Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I LOVE consignment stores!

I'm always a sucker for a good deal... Fargo has a great plus size consignment store (sizes 14 and up). I stopped there yesterday and bought two pairs of jeans, a t-shirt, a 3-piece suit (jacket, pants, skirt), and a pair of shoes for $41. One of the pairs of jeans was brand new with the tags from Land's End for only $6. I just checked the price online for the same pair: $34.50! The other jeans were also $6, the Just My Size jeans that WalMart sells for about $20. The t-shirt was only $2.50. The shoes are Bass and were the most expensive items at $17.00. (But very very comfortable and look brand new.) The best deal was the 3-piece suit. The jacket is a gorgeous red. The pants and skirt are black. Get this.. $14!

I also had a 20% off coupon for the total purchase that I came across while looking through the coupons in the back of the Fargo telephone book. This store also has a punch card. When you spend $200, you get $20 free. (I only have $20 left and will have filled up my second card since July.)

Anyhow, this store is the best I've ever been to for "used" clothes. They are very particular in the clothes they take in. I am so happy that I found this store - I want to look good while I'm losing weight. I've found lots of CJ Banks stuff, other name brand items too.

What's the point of my post? I guess it is that if you need to buy clothes as you are losing weight, check out the consignment stores! I'm also a sucker for the thrift stores too. I found a small Coach purse at one for $6. I haven't used it, but it did spark a new obsession. (Is that good? ) I've since purchased several Coach purses on eBay... but at excellent prices. I have finally settled on a specific style that I like. I'm using a black one right now and just bought a dark brown one (should be arriving any day now). I brought the other ones to work and was able to sell them to co-workers at the same price that I bought them at. Yay!

Dang, I've rambled.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I love to shop at thrift stores, too....all kinds o funky stuff! People ask me where I got stuff all the time...they look at me kinda funny when I tell them. Goodwill!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Sounds great Kimberly! I haven't checked out many of the consignment stores nearby. Have done a little thrift shopping like Gina But the ones in my neighborhood aren't very well kept. Anyways, glad to hear you found yourself some great bargains!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #4  

Thrift stores are also great places for exercise equipment & videos- no sense in paying full price just if its something you might not like. I've picked up all sorts of deals that way- if it works for me great; if it works, great, if not- donate it back & I'm only out a few $$. Just this week I found the Paula Abdul workout video for $1 I also buy a lot of cookbooks that way too- picked up a Cooking Light "best of" that was $20 for $1.50...couldn't even get one copy of the magazine for that price.
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #5  

Count me in as another Goodwill (GW Boutique ) addict. We have 4-5 within a 30 mile radius around here, I hit a different one each time!
patswill is offline   Reply With Quote