Old 02-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #1  
LLV

Talking Why do they put leaves in my salad?

lol!

I love the McDonald's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salads, but before I eat them, I have to sit there and pick out all the little pieces of greens and leaves that look like somebody went out and picked from a field.

Especially those purple things

Anyone else have fave foods from restaurants that you have to pick this and that out before you'll eat it? Or am I just weird? lol
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2  
takin it one lb at a time

I have to take tomatos off of everything... I absolutely hate those guys.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I have to eat around the big crunchy, stalky lettuce pieces. I can't stand those!!
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xmelissax0x
I have to take tomatos off of everything... I absolutely hate those guys.
I love tomatoes

I grow my own every year.

This reminds me of my friend, Kim. She hates onions. And anytime we'd go get lunch at the local Chinese place, she'd order wonton soup because she loves it so much, but this place puts sliced green onion in their soup. So she'd sit there and pick every single one of them out before eating it.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #5  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
I have to eat around the big crunchy, stalky lettuce pieces. I can't stand those!!
Eww, I don't like those either
Old 02-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #6  

The things that look like they are from a field are called field greens. They are actually very tasty and have the same nutrition that other greens do. I love them.

The only thing I take out of salads is the cucumber, because it repeats on me for the next few hours. Since my favourite is a Greek salad, I always have to pick them out and give them to my husband.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbelle
The things that look like they are from a field are called field greens. They are actually very tasty and have the same nutrition that other greens do. I love them.
I think they're horrible. I tried leaving them in once, saying okay, this time I'm going to just go ahead and eat them and I couldn't do it.

I'm limited when it comes to salad greens. I only like iceberg lettuce (yeah yeah, I know, not much nutritional value, but I care about calories) and fresh baby spinach. Romaine and all those other lettuces? Yuk.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Keep trying those field greens eventually you'll get used to them and get to love them, it takes time...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
Keep trying those field greens eventually you'll get used to them and get to love them, it takes time...
I'm trying, but I just can't get used to the taste, the texture and the way they look, lol!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #10  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I love tomatoes

I grow my own every year.

This reminds me of my friend, Kim. She hates onions. And anytime we'd go get lunch at the local Chinese place, she'd order wonton soup because she loves it so much, but this place puts sliced green onion in their soup. So she'd sit there and pick every single one of them out before eating it.
I thought I was the only person who hated onions! I like the flavor onions give to things (tomato sauce, hamburgers cooked in onions, etc.) but just cannot stand the texture of biting into an onion piece. I'm trying to get uset to it, but I'd much rather pick them out or eat around them than actually eat them!
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #11  
banned

Location: Connecticut, but next year I plan on going to college in Colorado.....We shall see!!!

Spinach salads are pretty awsome, and put all the fixings you love on a bed of spianch and BAM! Plus spinach doesnt have a strange texture like other veggies!!
Giasbash6260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #12  
LLV

I looooooooove fresh baby spinach. I put it on everything. I put it in salads, on sandwiches, and I dump some on my baked chicken breasts as well.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

I don't like the arugla (sp) but most of the other leaf lettuces and greens are really good and combined really give a salad a nice filling and great taste.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't like the field greens, either. To me, they just taste like grass! I don't mind romaine lettuce, though, and I really like spinach in my salads.

I also hate tomatoes, so I can understand the frequent "picking off" process I like a little bit of onion, but not too much, so I usually end up picking about half of the onion out of meals.

MAN, I am picky! But I am picky about things other than veggies--I eat very little variety of meat. You know how sometimes you get a burger at a restaurant, and the meat falls out from between the buns when you bite into it? I'm okay with that--I will eat just the bun with the veggies and condiments and leave half the beef on the plate
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

I pick off mushrooms off of anything that comes with them - some Lean Cuisine meats have mushrooms in the sauce and I can't STAND them. I do mushroom extraction beforehand.
ashliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote