General chatter - American Idol Boys??

View Full Version : American Idol Boys??

Tina30
02-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok so what did you all think of the men last night. I thought that I was going to cry when the boy from Illinios sang and the judges tore him apart. I think the poor thing looked so overwhelmed. I think he is a good singer and his nerves got the best of him. I really liked Taylor the gray hair guy, Chris the bald rocker, Austin the hot one, and Elliot the one they called a rebal that boy can sing though. I think that kid who sang Coco Cabna needs to go and the first guy who sang. I am a bit torn about what to watch tonight. Three of my favorite shows are on at the same time. My tivo only will record two and I think I am going to skip dancing with the stars and record Survivor and Idol. If you can all not tell I love my reality tv. Oh yah I really liked that young kid with the glasses also. I think his name was Kevin. I just think he is so cute looking. I can't wait to see who goes tonight. Can't wait to hear who your favs are. Have a good one!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

twinsplusone
02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I LOVE TAYLOR!!!! I don't know.....I just do. I loved Ace doing father figure....I swear if I were 16 again I would be swooning. He's such a cutie!! I also love the bald rocker....he sounded ALOT like Bon Jovi. Can't wait to see the results show tonight!!!

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 11:37 AM
oooh, TINA!!!! Fellow Reality TV addict checkin in!

I love Taylor Hicks! So unique ...I agree, poor Cabana Boy Bobby's gotta go!
I also like Sway... he's got tha Marvin Gaye thing goin on...Give Kevin a few years yet to get a handle on that big voice potential...
Elliot was Excellent -i think it was him that sang "if you really love me"... hmmm
Rocker boy Bucky left me flat... he would be a good front man fer skynard band..but his garbled delivery ....Chris nailed Bon Jovi... deserves to get to the next level....

Do you watch Project Runway.... I love that show!!!!!

Carry on!

Tina30
02-23-2006, 11:40 AM
No I have never watched project runway. Is it any good?

happydaisy
02-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Project Runway is great!! It's addictive. I watched the reunion show last night and as much as Santino has been arrogant, he is hilarious. Can't wait to see who wins in the finale. I'm rooting for Daniel. :)

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Project Runway is my favorite... It's on Bravo, and they are always running repeats...Its the 2nd season.. It's about clothes designers who get a challenge each week and have to create a outfit..

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Happy, I'm gonna start a separate thread fer us Runway lovers so as not to hijack Tina's thread on AI!!!!

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 12:06 PM
My DH swears that Paula has been puttin some Rum in her Coke... I think he might be right..her eyes are like all loopy and unfocused and well...she just seems to be a bit tipsy... :hat:

aileigh
02-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Taylor Hicks - I adore that dude... he is so upbeat, perky and happy and his talent is raw. I know I'm in that age group that is tired manufactured groups with really poppy sounds (it was great when I was twelve:^: ) but now I am ready for the music that hits the sould and Taylor has it. :D He's my pick for the year... Ace, the hottie singing Father Figure is another pretty boy and I love that song. I think that song made him look hot like it did for George Michael (before we found out he was gay and it broke my heart - I'm sure others, because I swore forever that he was not gay because that is what I wanted... but my big brother was right in the end.) I mean George Michael was cute in Wham, but hello... yeah that Faith album - ahhhhh... oh I digressed sorry.. anyways so Ace was hot during his performance, but man Taylor makes you feel the music.... he is the first one I have ever seen on American Idol that makes me get pumped - I actually voted for him..

nicnacmd7
02-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Taylor and elliot were FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!....Ace was sexy and I dont care what age I am, I am gonna drool.......woohoo...he was sex on two legs for sure!!!!lmao
cabana.guy got to go for sure! and I think him and Bucky will be the ones to go tonight!!!

I would love to see Taylor and Paris to be the final two!!!!..They both have this inner love for music, and entertain you, move you, and make music enjoyable, in every way!

healthy2b
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Taylor, Ace and Elliot were the best I think...but I also liked Kevin but looked just petrified to me. Hopefully the more experience he gets performing the more relaxed he'll become. Who besides the Copa Cabana guy do you think needs to go tonight? Paula just drives me crazy....I find myself dreading what she is going to say because she just is so sappy and goes on and on. I agree with Schatzi's DH, something is up with her.

LadyFirelyght
02-23-2006, 02:59 PM
My favorites of the night were Taylor and Ace. Ace gave me goosebumps! I think Sway and Bobby should go. Sway's song last night literally made me cringe. I wanted to turn off the TV!!

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Nooooooo Lady Firelight! Say it aint soooooo :lol3: I hope Sway stays fer a bit... I think the crooner...who has a loverly voice... but we already got Harry Connick jr and Michael Bubbbbleeee... Simon hit it on the head..like you were watching a high school production of guys and dolls...

chubs107
02-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I loved Taylor!! He was amazing!! He has that inner spirit that makes you feel happy!! It's just incredible to find someone that sounds that great and has passion for music you can feel through a TV!!! Ace is HOT and I'm gay!!! WOW!! When they showed his brother in the audience last night.. me and my partner were like - there's 2 of them!!! It was so funny!! He has a great voice too!! I really didn't like the 1st guy - can't remember he name, and Copa Cabana guys needs to be signing on a cruise ship.. I thought he wanted to fly, the way he was moving his arms!! Great show this season!!

charliekay
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
i am soo in love with ace,he makes my teeth sweat!! i swear i am going to kidnap him and tie him in my basement. ;)

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Copa Cabana guys needs to be signing on a cruise ship.. I thought he wanted to fly, the way he was moving his arms!!

AAACK :lol3:

charliekay
02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
I loved Taylor!! He was amazing!! He has that inner spirit that makes you feel happy!! It's just incredible to find someone that sounds that great and has passion for music you can feel through a TV!!! Ace is HOT and I'm gay!!! WOW!! When they showed his brother in the audience last night.. me and my partner were like - there's 2 of them!!! It was so funny!! He has a great voice too!! I really didn't like the 1st guy - can't remember he name, and Copa Cabana guys needs to be signing on a cruise ship.. I thought he wanted to fly, the way he was moving his arms!! Great show this season!!
hey i am bi,it is unusual these days to find someone who will actually admit they are gay on these boards,i belong to another type of board and they freak out when i mention being bi.my hats off to you,and ohh yes i said the same thing when they showed his brother.umm umm.licking my lips :)

chubs107
02-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi Charliekay!! I try not to hide too much!!! I don't understand what the problem is with some people and the gay thing... but some people are very sensative.. I respect that. Everyone on here talks about their DH why can't I talk about the person I share my life with? That's just how I see it!!! Thanks for supporting me!! It felt nice!!

Good Luck on your journey!!

nicnacmd7
02-23-2006, 03:42 PM
OMG ROFLMAO:rofl: I totally agree with everything you just said!!!.......cabana man did want to fly and I even said to my hubby "what the heck is he doing?'...."i cant believe he got to this point!!".......Simon was so right, i did think they all lost there marbles!!!!!!:crazy:

chubs107
02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
nicnacmd - hopefully he'll be out tonight.. if not, let's see what he sings next week? Maybe some Cher!!! I think sometimes they put people through for the entertainment.. it's gotta be... what else could it be?

nicnacmd7
02-23-2006, 03:51 PM
LMAO..you are so right!!!.I hope he goes tonight too..........but then again..seeing him doing Cher would be entertaining!!! On my I mean singing cher!!!!ROFLMAO

nicnacmd7
02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
and what was the guy thinking that song melissa...only melissa can sing Melissa!!!!lol

Schatzi
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
yeah, his voice was not strong enuf to carry ANY of Melissa's stuff or Bonnie's fer that matter... His voice is toooo warbly reedy...

Ace is just toooo easy.. ya know he will be in the top... he's GOT IT ALL goin on...
hmm... to you gay and bi folks... I've never run acrossed any unwelcoming chicks here... we're all just lookin fer love in this life...:hug:

Idealperson
02-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I hope the "Copa Cavanna" boy and the guy with the big smile is gone tonight-even Simon said "I don't even like your smile". Those two just bug me...Sway should be going:devil: soon, but probably not tonight...yeah, I agree about all that's said about Ace...I bet he was in many dreams last night!!!

chubs107
02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks Schatzi!!! I haven't felt any anti anything here on 3fc, which is great!! I have felt it in other groups. I am a Mary Kay Consultant and they just don't like it!! I can care less.. I just love their products!!! I think I'm a good person and that is all that matters!! You are right, we are all just looking for love!!!

I did not like the 'SMILE" guy either!! He just irritated me!!

The guy that sang the Melissa song - no one even knows his name!!! He was really bad!!! Poor thing!!

nicnacmd7
02-23-2006, 06:32 PM
" I am a Mary Kay Consultant and they just don't like it!! I can care less.."
Thats because it is suppose to be a "christian" based organization, and from personel experience, they are the worst!!lol.ya know against the bible etc!!...well God said love thy neighbour!! and love thy neighbour is what I do.we are all equal...............yeah the poor guy that sang Melissa, was sombody Hall..lol..........I think they all deserve a big hug just for having the cahoonies to perform on stage in front of how many people?....millions.darlin......could you?.teehee.

charliekay
02-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi Charliekay!! I try not to hide too much!!! I don't understand what the problem is with some people and the gay thing... but some people are very sensative.. I respect that. Everyone on here talks about their DH why can't I talk about the person I share my life with? That's just how I see it!!! Thanks for supporting me!! It felt nice!!

Good Luck on your journey!!
exactly that is how i see it too, and no i haven't had problems here over anything yet,but yes other boards can be snobby and judgemental over others when no one really knows what that person is really doing in their OWN home :) hehe.
and you are more then welcome,i will be there anytime for u.:D

mom2cole
02-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I didn't watch all of the guys last night, but I did catch the bald rocker, I think his name was Chris and omg he reminded me of Vin Disel and I LOVE Vin!! I think I will be watching american idol until Chris goes or wins, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I should stop, I am married, but dang I love those young, bald, buff guys!

charliekay
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
so being married don't mean u are dead :)
i am happy with the ones voted off last night,,i think they made the right choice.

Schatzi
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree.... I think all of us here knew Cabana Boy Bobby was gonna get the boot... I was a little surprised that the guy who attempted Melissa was out so fast..I really thought it was gonna be Crooner dude who did that Queen song.. (Freddie is probably rolling in his grave)

And the girls were a no brainer... totally knew Opera girl wasn't gonna make it ...and Becky the attention ho... did you guys know she was on Fear Factor, posed for some rags etc...no doubt she used AI as a steppin stone fer more exposure... which is I guess smart...but eh she just bothered me.

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Deffinatly Charliekay......America did us proud!!lol.although I think the one guy who sang melissa ethridge, should have gone on, i didnt think he was that bad at all, I think their was at least two other that were worse then him!!!
LMAO........hey chubs107............i guess we wont see cabana guy sing cher:(.lol......although I LOVE cher!!

charliekay
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
she was pretty and all but not a singer that is for shure

chubs107
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi!! Yep, no Cher!! I thought about that when they called him up last night!! I think that it was a good show last night.. the other guy was better than the Smile guy but they will all be off sooner or later...

Becky - I thought she sang terribly but she is very pretty and will make it doing something, NOT SINGING!! She was also in Maxim online.. Doesn't everyone that goes on AI use it as a stepping stone? Isn't that what it's about? Don't get upset and be hater just because she is pretty. She's isn't a "ho" because she wants to have a career in that industry. If you were "HOT" you'd want it too!!!

Sorry if I offended anyone - I just say it like it is.. You can call me "Simon"!! LOL

Schatzi
02-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Ya got a point there Simon :) ! She is beautiful but I really thought she got in this far on her looks alone.

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 11:37 AM
She did!!!lol.and so would I if I was a knock out like her!!!lol....but most of the girls get in on looks, and maybe a little talent, but their isnt many that get through who can sing, but dont have looks!!! shame I think!!

chubs107
02-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Looks do work!!! Think about all the famous singer that don't have voices... Madonna is one of the greatest stars and even she says that she doesn't have the greatest voice. The show is not only about having a good voice.. it's having the appeal to the people. Ugly people just isn't what America wants to look at on TV.. or buy magazines for... I mean look at the Angelina and Brad mess... they are on every cover.. we just want to see them because they are nice to look at. She did get too far since it's a singing show.. but she got people to watch and that is all the network cares about.. RATING!!! Look at how much time we have spent talking about her!!!

So.. what does everyone think about next week... who is going to step up?

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 11:53 AM
well said Chubs!!!
I hope mandisa and paris.......wow the **** out of us!!!lol
The guys i hope.Taylor and elliot........just bring it on, and bring the magic back to the screen!!!....actually all 4 of them they just give me goose bumps...their is just something about their passion for music and singing that burst and radiates from them!

chubs107
02-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Those 4 are really good!! They are amazing!!! They make me feel the same way. I also like the girl that sang last, can't remember her name.

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
catherine.yeah she is very talented too...but not as much passion as the other 4

charliekay
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
i am still going to kidnap ace,so he is comes up missing at the show,you will know :)

cinnamonspice
02-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Charliekay if you get Ace please call me....Please! I love Taylor also. He is so down to earth and not concerned with appearances which is very nice for this contest. I'm glad that the girl (the Maxim twin) is gone. She was a gorgeous girl but she couldn't sing that great imo.

charliekay
02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
i agree,she was not a good singer in my opinion.and yes i will give u a call when i grab him. i will have him all tied up and ready :)

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Charlie.......you can have him as I dont need him physically.he does it to me just by looking at him!!!!!!!!!!!roflmao

charliekay
02-24-2006, 01:05 PM
amen honey,those eyes.oh my gosh :O wow!!

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
the eye's, the mouth, the hair, the chin, the voice, the face structure, i swear i thought i was gonna do a 'meg ryan" right there on my sofa!!!!!!!!lmao

charliekay
02-24-2006, 01:25 PM
oh man,me tooo!!! i was right beside my hubby and i wasn't holding any thing back,i was having a moment :)
hubby only thought he could make me feel like that :)

bluedevil
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
On a somewhat random, but still American Idol-related note, yesterday, I talked with my younger sister who teaches middle school music at a school in North Carolina. One of the girls in her 7th grade class (and I know we all remember how un-fun that age was!) is a great singer, but she wouldn't do a solo at their winter concert because she didn't want everyone looking at her (she's a bigger girl). But she saw Mandisa sing on Tuesday and came up to my sister after class on Wednesday and said, "Mandisa's a great singer, and she's big AND beautiful. Now I realize that I can be like that too!!" Then she agreed to do a solo for the spring concert. How awesome is that?!?

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
oh man that is totally awesome........go Mandisa, for giving confidence to young girls, and women everywhere!!!!!!!!.....it is nice to see a women who knows she is beautiful, and love her self!!!

Nori71
02-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I think that kid who sang Coco Cabna needs to go and the first guy who sang. Guess you got that right! I thought it would be Bobby and didn't know who the 2nd one would be. My fav boys are Taylor, Elliott and Chris. (Although have to agree about Ace in the HOTNESS department! OMG, he's almost too perfect!) Fav girls are Paris, Katharine and Mandisa. Kellie's life story makes me want to root for her, but she needs more confidence.

VelVeeta
02-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Wow, that is great. Mandisa was great and i love that she has so much self confidence

chubs107
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Have you gals realized that we are all drooling over Ace because he's HOT but we looked down on Becky for the same thing.. Not cool!! Ace has a nice voice and he has that going for him that Maxim Twin didn't.. But no one has talked about it. I can have him sing to me any day.. and I'll take his brother!!! HA!!!

Mandisa - That is a great thing that she can make girls with talent feel better about themselves. Maybe this story is something you should write to her on the AI website. I'm sure it would make people very happy, just like it's made us!!

nicnacmd7
02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Have you gals realized that we are all drooling over Ace because he's HOT but we looked down on Becky for the same thing.. Not cool!!
believe me if i was into women.i would have had a meg ryan moment with her..she was gorgeous!!!!!lol
Great idea on e-mailing Mandisa with that story!!:)

bluedevil
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't know you could email the contestants. I'll let my sister know. Maybe she could see if her student would like to drop Mandisa a note and let her know how awesome and inspirational she is!!

charliekay
02-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Have you gals realized that we are all drooling over Ace because he's HOT but we looked down on Becky for the same thing.. Not cool!! Ace has a nice voice and he has that going for him that Maxim Twin didn't.. But no one has talked about it. I can have him sing to me any day.. and I'll take his brother!!! HA!!!
!
exact point,he can sing,she can't

bnbsmommy1
02-26-2006, 03:23 PM
How old is ACE?? I honestly felt weird drooling all over him when my 12 year old just kept watching him and saying 'eww he's hot!' over and over.

I would never admit it to her but she was so right, he's mucho hot in my book :faint:

charliekay
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
well my 13 year old have the same taste and we compare all the time on who's hot and not.so if you agree with your 12 year old it just means you are cool and in :)

2CMEAGAIN
02-28-2006, 04:37 AM
ACE is a hotty!!!Then he sang George Michael!!!!:D There's some cuties this year!:carrot: I like that Taylor~he makes me laugh everytime he tries to dance!!! :rofl: he's so sweet you gotta love him!!!:D I like Mandesa & Kellie for girls!:)

charliekay
02-28-2006, 10:25 AM
i really don't know the girls too much,i missed their singing last week,hope i can catch it this week,but i like the country blonde.don't know her name.
but yes ace all the way!!!

bnbsmommy1
02-28-2006, 11:26 AM
So is American Idol on tonight??

teahoney
02-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, it's on tonight. It's ladies night again.

Tina30
02-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh I am so excited for my show again this week. I am totally addicted to American Idol. I sometimes try to audition for my husband and he tells me just like Simon would that I make his ear drums bleed. Is that nice or what. I guess I must be pretty bad huh. I think I sound pretty good in the shower but doesn't everyone. I guess I will just stick to a fan of the show. Anyway I could never get up in front of all those people and sing and then be torn to shreds by the judges. I hope the ladies put on a good show tonight for us.

charliekay
02-28-2006, 02:17 PM
i have always dreamed of being a singer and sing for people,that dream will never come true,but it would be nice.heck it would be nice if i could just sing :)

chubs107
02-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Charlie - that was funny!!

I can't wait for tonight!!! I TIVO it so I don't have to watch the commercials!! So I start about 20 mins into it. Hope they rock tonight!!!

charliekay
02-28-2006, 10:50 PM
boy i wish i had tivo,i used to have a cable version but don't have cable anymore i have directiv now,i want that version of tivo but don't have it yet:(

deleted
03-02-2006, 12:37 AM
It's a shame that Elliott is not better-looking, as that will hurt him in the competition. His voice is great! Also, Bucky will never be an American Idol because he is not an attractive man ... but he does have a good smoky voice!

Chris was right-on tonight, and while not hunky like Ace, is nice-enough looking ... and gave the best performance. I thought Taylor over-did his number tonight, but I DO like him.

It's a shame that performers are judged SO MUCH on their looks, but it's a fact of life ... I admire them all!

liz321
03-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Chris was the only one who was worth listening to...

L

healthy2b
03-02-2006, 01:09 PM
I agree with liz and bonnie....chris was the best last night.

jenf
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
:D Chris was absolutely awesome. Taylor is also a huge favorite. How can you not love Gideon with that huge grin?:D

FrouFrou
03-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Chris was good, but I thought Gideon and, oh shoot, can't remember the other guys name, anyway, thought they were better. I also like Bucky...think he is cute in a weird sort of way. Just like that he is who he is and he's not going to change for anyone. I know he won't be the next AI but he's still kinda cute. Of course I don't watch it much and really don't see the attraction in Ace.

jenf
03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Can't wait to see who go home tonight. We are addicted to watching. nothing happens in our house while Idol is on.

Tina30
03-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I think Chris was awesome last night. I think he could record somthing right now and he would be a hit. I also find him really cute I think it may be the whole bald thing. I don't really see all the fuss about Ace being cute. I think when he has a hat on yes without no. Anyway as far as last nights show went this is my opinion. I think Chris was number 1 and then I think that Elliot was next best after him I would have to say Bucky but I loved the song he sang. Taylor is one of my favorites but my husband and I wonder about some of his moves. I guess he just really feels the music. I feel really bad for some of the younger kids. I really like that Kevin kid. I thought I was going to die when he started referring to himself as a sex symbol. I also really like the Frank Sinatra kid and feel bad for him every week. If I had to guess who was going to night it would be for the girls Blondie and Kinnak for the boys Sway and I don't know the kids name.

deleted
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
In my opinion, the right people left last night. So happy to see Brenna go .... and I hope Kinnek, with the Angelina Jolie lips, will go next week. Among the guys, I think Keith or Bucky may be next to go ... although certainly talented they could NEVER be the AI!!!

charliekay
03-05-2006, 12:15 PM
i really don't want bucky to go,i like his country southern boy ways :)
and of course ace must stay!