Default Lifetime And Having A Hard Time

HI, I LOST 22LBS LAST YEAR AND HAVE MANAGED TO GAIN ALL
BACK. I REALLY NEED SOME MOTIVATION. I HAVE ALSO STOPPED
GOING TO MEETINGS.
Old 07-22-2001, 06:37 PM   #2  
LM

Hi JME

Why not start going to meetings again?

Also, are you exercising? Just exercising alone may get you in the frame of mind to try again.

What was your motivation last year? When you lost the weight last year, did you feel you were incorporating a new way of healthy eating into your life vs. "going on a diet"?

Good luck and let us know how you do.

LM
Old 07-22-2001, 07:42 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I can sympathize. I did the same thing, although I must confess, I hadn' t lost as much as you. I've been yo-yoing for several years now. You would never guess it was so easy when I first lost my weight. Oh, well. Every time it is different and now that I am older it is harder.

But I rededicated myself about two months ago and for the past month or so I have really been doing well. Since I started anew again about two months ago I have lost 11.5 lbs. So there is always hope. You can do it too.
Old 07-22-2001, 07:51 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support. I am going back to a meeting this week.
I have made my mind up about that. I excercise alot so that is
not a problem, it's the eating thing. When you follow the program
you really are focused, you feel great. But I guess I just got off
the wagon. We all hear the saying the it's a lifestyle change.
Sometimes I think people just get sick of always having to count
or watch what we eat. I know there are a few of ya out there
who can relate with me to that. I look at alot of these women who lose 100lbs and more and all I need is a lousy 20 and can't
seem to get it together. I praise all you out there who are clipping
away at this because we all know it's hard. Thanks again for writing back it means alot.

Old 07-22-2001, 07:56 PM   #5  
Thin 4 Lifer

I think all new Lifetimers go through a "honeymoon" phase where they tell everyone that they've lost the weight for good and it's so easy to maintain the loss, etc. And it really is, for a while. After the thrill of being thin wanes a little, it becomes easy for some people to begin to eat a little more, then a little more, and before they know it, they're regaining the weight. How do I know this? Well, it's happened to me. I lost weight, regained it, lost it again, and am now trying like heck to not regain the 50 lbs. I lost. I'm up 10 from where I want to be, and I'm determined not to regain any more.

The fact that you posted says alot. I agree with the others that you probably ought to return to meetings. The same support and information that helped you lose the weight is still there, waiting to help you again. Go back to WW meetings and see if you can re-commit yourself to getting back to your goal.

Good luck to you!

OhioMom
Old 07-22-2001, 08:28 PM   #6  

Hi Ohio mom,

Thanks for your input. Do you go to meetings weekly? When I hit lifetime I did then like you said, the honey moon thing it's
almost loke a relief that you made it. Well good luck on your 10
you will do it. Just reading these threads tonite has kept me
out of the fridge THANK-YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

Old 07-23-2001, 01:23 PM   #7  

Hi JME - I'm a lifer as well. I lost the weight (30lbs) kept it off for almost three 1/2 years due to tons of exercise... and then started to really slack off, both by indulgent eating and slowing down on exercise. From last Nov 2000 - April 2001 I gained back 14 lbs. Starting in May, but really not in earnest until June I went back to the program seriously. And it has begun to show on the scales.

But boy, the honeymoon was definitely over. I find I need to go pretty much every week now to stay on track and the gals on this and other threads have been really key to me staying with it. We all know how hard it is to stay or renew our motivation. But it's doable.

Keep at it, and you'll see the difference! Remember you are worth it.
Old 07-23-2001, 04:41 PM   #8  

Thanks for the words of wisdom patch 30. I really like all the positive things everyone has to say on the thread. I am leaving
for a walk now it's 90 and very humid in mn. I know I can do this.

Thanks again patch 30 good luck on you venture.

Old 08-02-2001, 09:42 PM   #9  

Hi ladies,

Just wanted you all to know I went back to a meeting tonite,
it was well worth it. 16lbs to lose to get back to my goal.
I can do it I know I can!! Thanks all. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:36 AM   #10  
LM

Good going, JME! 16 pounds is so totally do-able!!
Old 08-03-2001, 10:35 AM   #11  

JME Congratulations on getting back to a meeting!

I agree with what everyone has said. It is so hard to stay motivated and keep it off once you get to goal. I have struggled for a long time, even before I got to goal. I finally set my goal higher than I wanted it to be last September because I just couldn't get there and was tired of paying. After that I lost a little more, but since January I have gained 10 pounds!

The difference for me this time is that I am more motivated to work out which helps a lot. Even when I was losing on WW last time I didn't go to workout regularly. Coming here helps too. I have only been here for a few weeks but it really helps.

Keep us posted!
Carla
Old 08-03-2001, 11:30 AM   #12  

Wonderful news to hear you went back to a meeting. It's really true what they say about taking that first step. And as LM said, 16 lbs is really doable, once you commit to it.

The trick is not to let that "fat brat" start pshyching you out. Back in April 2000, that's what happened to me. I felt after a couple of weeks of struggling with points and portions, that it was just too hard and I gave up. What's a few extra points here or there???It took me another two months (and a couple of additional pounds) to get recharged and remotivated. But with the help of the gals both online and at the WW meetings I've lost 7 lbs. I really didn't think I could do it (those naysayer demons again ) and even now after all of the incredible support, I woke up thinking "how am I going to lose the other 7?" It's amazing how those little devils play havoc with our minds. DON'T LET THEM DO IT!

What got me out of it was something I read from KT and Melissa this morning... both want to get to their dream weight as much a I do. Remember - you are not alone in this - Patch-
Old 08-08-2001, 10:45 PM   #13  

Thanks for posting this thread, JME. It helped me because I am in the same boat. I lost 15 pounds and reached goal. I had hoped to keep going, and lost about 5 more pounds. But I have gained back 7 pounds. Lots of stress in my life and got off program. I am going to do what you just did...get back to a meeting. Thanks!

Saturngirl
Closed Thread