South Beach Diet - What happened to February?

View Full Version : What happened to February?

SarahinBalance
02-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey you guys,

I look at the calendar and realize that there is only 1 week of February left and that I'm still where I was when I STARTED February... So it's my goal to brain storm ways that I can make March more successful. One idea I had was meal planning ie planning out the week's meals in advance. Also weekends are really hard for me because I tend to eat large meals and not snack enough. Anyone else feeling the same way? Any thoughts on ways we can be more successful in March?

Still have a week left so going to weigh myself at the gym today and try to lose 2 pounds between today and next Tuesday.

Sarah

Mamacita
02-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi Sarah--

Meal planning sounds like a good idea to me. Since you enjoy large meals, why not make your large meal but plan for part of it to be a snack to be enjoyed later on, instead of eaten at one sitting?

Also, are you getting enough water? How about the requisite 4 Cups of veggies every day? Are you getting any exercise?

I'm sure if you were to post a typical day's menu our resident expert's could find out where the problem is. They're really good!

Best Wishes for a Downward Trend in March! :lucky:

Kelly J
02-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Sarah - meal planning makes all the difference for me. If I don't have it planned out then I tend to skip meals and snack way too much. I leave a little flexibility in the plan so if I just really don't feel like what's planned for that night (or don't have the time to cook) I have other stuff on hand I can throw together to make a healthy meal.
I've also been making up my snacks in advance so they're ready to grab on the go - nuts premeasured, SF Jello or the breakfast cheesecake (in cupcake form) in to go cups in the fridge. This way I don't even have to think in the mornings. I just open the fridge, grab a few things and I'm out the door.

Best of luck with March!! :lucky:

SarahinBalance
02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks Ladies,

Yeah I'm getting tons of exercise, I think I'm just still recovering from my 4 day binge 2 weeks ago with my BF (when we went to the beach)... drinking tons of water, I'm finally back down to what I was before the beach, just realized that I had set a goal of 150 by the end of February and I don't think I'm going to reach it...

But yeah Sunday I'm going to sit down and make a chart for myself and go back to the basics like I did in Phase 1, making sure I get my snacks in etc. Thanks for your tips ladies!