Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-21-2006, 03:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Question Magic Bullet

On a whim, my b/f ordered one of these things and we should be receiving it in 4-5 weeks. Has anyone bought one/used one, and what did u think of it?

thanks!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have one and I LOVE it! My parents bought it for me fir my birthday last summer, and I keep it out on the counter because I use it so often (just like they say in the infomercial ). I LOVE it for smoothies--I just throw in a banana, some frozen strawberries, skim milk, and sometimes a splash of vanilla and a little Splenda, blend it up, and then scrw on the lip for the cup--you don't even have to pour it! And that way, I can make separate flavors for me and my boyfriend without having to clean out the blender in between or worry that I made too much or not enough...

I have also used it to process spinach--I thaw some frozen chopped spinach and put it in the Magic Bullet with some chopped onion and spices, then blend it up and add to pasta sacue--great way to make spaghetti even more nutritious without really being able to taste a difference (actually, even my boyfriend said it tasted BETTER---ssh, don't tell him it's healthier ).

I'm actually trying to find the blender attachment so I can get rid of my regular blender, but I can only find it included with the whole kit, and I don't need the whole kit! I do keep the blender around for things that I need to make in bigger batches, and I would LOVE to have the new Magic Bullet blender attachment, so if anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 139/124/115

It is great for smoothies, and like creamy dips. I hated what it did to a tomato, but I probably left it in too long. Its so much nicer then a big old blender or food processor.
anyothername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #4  

I had one that I got last February. It died on me this February right after it went out of warranty. There was even a period of several months that I didn't even use it so I know it wasn't from over use. It was neat while it lasted but I'll just stick to an old fashioned blender now.
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #5  

I have one and it does come in handy, I make my own hummus in it all the time.....there is a fine line though from chopped to mush lol
luvthosenails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  

well, my bf ordered ours off the tv...he probably still has the number somewhere, if you'd like it! You could probably get the attachment from there.

I really wasn't impressed with their customer service at first (my bf ordered too many of the attachments and we would have been paying $400 US for stuff we didn't even need, lol, and it was a complete hassle to try to change the order). But I'm excited to get it!!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I keep watching the infomercial and the price keeps getting better and better. Now you get 2 complete sets w/blender attachment and juicer for $99 plus s/h.

I'm very afraid to buy stuff from the TV because it's such a hassle to return stuff to get your money back. So I'll keep watching the tv and dream. Plus I have a bad habit of buying more appliances then I really use or need.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

You can also buy the produts online or in a lot of store--I think Walmart or Target even carries the Magic Bullet now...I KNOW my mother didn't buy it from the tv (she could never do such a thing!)

I have checked their website for the blender attachment, but I can't find anyplace where they sell it separately. I'm sure they keep it bundled so you have to pay the whole $99 for the sets rather than just buy a piece separately
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I saw it at Linen's n' Things the other day. I have always wanted one, but totally don't need one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:13 AM   #10  

hmm, that's interesting. I will definately check for it at Wal-Mart next time I'm there, but maybe that's just in the US?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #11  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Ive had mine since November and used it maybe 3 times. I wanted it SO bad! I tried to do onion in mine...mush..and tomatoes..mush...mushrooms...mush.. Maybe if I keep practicing I can get it right, but its frusturating lol. I got mine at a kitchen store. I just seen the infomercial again, and im going to try the small onions and tomatoes. It just HAS to work!! Im going to have to get the book back out and try something.

edited to add that I want the blender attachment too! Ive also been looking for that also.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #12  

My mom has one.. and she can get me one for 45.00 CAD.. I'm looking forward to trying hers out.
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #13  

My friend bought one and claims that you can make anything in it and she absolutely loves it. Never seen it in use but i bet you will like it.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #14  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I posted a month ago about this gadget and didnt like it, but now I found something that I can use it for and doesnt go to mush...grinding my own coffee beans! Its WONDERFUL for that!!! Coffee tastes so much better!
Still want the blender attachment though...
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #15  

I love my magic bullet! I can make amazing smoothies, I can grate cheese with none of the mess of a traditional grater, I now have the smoothest, creamiest hot chocolate where I had lumps before, and I can't wait to make all the soups. And crepes at home sound fantastic! Plus, just the other night, I made a delicous icy margarita with fruit juice and malibu.
I sound like an infomercial. *lol* But it really is a handy little gadget to have around!