Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #1  

Default Fruit Flavored Water

Can You Use Flavored Calorie Free Water In Substitue For Some Of Your Daily Water Intake? A Lady At Work Told Me That Diet Soda Makes You Not Lose Weight. I Mean I Have Lost Weight From Drinking Diet Soda, But You Never Know. Some Of The Flavored Water Is Flavored With Splenda.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Weight is gained by calorie intake. Calories in ~ calories out! A little bit of splenda and flavor will not make you gain weight any more than regular tap or bottled water.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #3  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

I like some fruit flavored water. I started drinking Sprite zero, it has no calories, caffeine or sugar. I like drinking plain water with ice and tea. I am a real tea lover, I drink all kinds, green tea is my favorite becasue it is very good for you. My Mom has some slim tea, I think its made with oolong tea. Besides drinking green tea, I drink black tea, herbal tea and fruit teas, I really like peach passionfruit from Celestial Seasonsings, and their apple cinnamon tea is delicious too. I got some rooibios tea, it comes from Africa, I'm not exactly sure what rooibios is.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

I disagree... I completely believe Nutrasweet and most of the artificial sweeteners DO make you gain weight and are addictive. My vote is still out on Splenda... I use it in my flavored coffee syrups and an occasional fruit flavored water.

I did extensive research a few years ago on Nutrasweet and since I did I won't touch the stuff except if I am at someone's house and it is offered, etc. But I never intentionally put the stuff into my system!

I wish I liked hot tea better but I do drink it especially at work. I find adding a slice of fresh lemon or orange to it helps a lot! Also hot water with fresh lemon or lime is GREAT!

Another favorite of mine... I take 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fruit juice... grape is my favorite... and put it into a a water bottle and fill it with plain seltzer. Yum!

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #5  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i love the celestial seasonings chai tea! yum!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
i love the celestial seasonings chai tea! yum!
I have recently been drinking Earl Gray, as I like the orange essence... esp. with fresh orange slices in it.

Dance
Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 334/313/150

I got off soda by drinking carbonated water! La Croix brand has no sugar or sweetners of any kind. It comes in lemon, lime, berry, orange and plain.
My Dr said no no to splenda and aspartame (nutrasweet, equal ect)
www.sweetpoison.com
Old 03-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I enjoy drinking the carbonated waters as well. Not sure if I believe the idea that diet soda/carbonated water makes you gain weight or fail to lose weight. I have managed to lose while still drinking the stuff. I don't worry too much as long as I keep it all in moderation.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #9  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Not much to add other than the fact that my doctor also said no to artificial sweeteners. And that whenever I succeed in cutting out sodas I drop weight rather quickly..
Old 03-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #10  
A long road.....

One of the main things you have to watch out for with Diet Sodas is the amount of sodium, which will cause you to retain fluid. Diet Coke and Pepsi are especially high in sodium content...I don't know about the flavored waters. The Sam's Choice (get it at Wal-mart) in the caffeine free diet has almost NO sodium, so that's what I choose when I want soda.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #11  

I also drink fruit flavored carbonated water, unsweetened. Sometimes I add 1/4 cup fruit juice to a 16 oz bottle... yum. But mostly I just drink plain old water!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #12  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

I heard that green tea will help you lose weight. My mom has this special slim tea stuff, I think it has oolong tea. There is also Celestial Seasoning's diet partner tea. I love tea. I drink it without sugar. I can also drink coffee without sugar. I have been trying to drink more water. Today I did great! I had 8 glasses of water and more. Also had some slim tea. I heard that eating more calcium, in yogurt or fat free milk, will help you lose weight faster. I would not drink alot of soda if I were you, soda is bad for you.
Closed Thread