WW Clubs and Groups - 30 Somethings #2

View Full Version : 30 Somethings #2

toad4mimi
07-21-2001, 04:58 PM
Hi all!

Just starting a new thread because our first one has gone to three pages.

Please make sure you have read the last few posts on the last thread so that you don't miss a thing!

Have a great day!

comteacher10
07-22-2001, 10:53 AM
I agree this thread is a great one. Very supportive. I jsut love weight watchers. I find myself making very good choices lately. I went out for chinese last night. I barely touched the portions and was still full. Before weight watchers I would have ate the whole thing and instead of beef and brocolli I would have had a pupu platter.

Tracey

206.6 started 16 weeks ago
168.4 this week

ww goal 145

Aynjell
07-22-2001, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone!.. Glad for the new thread, but is there someway we can get a seperate "heading" at the front instead of being grouped in with "other age groups"?

My weekend has sucked royally in the food dept... had pizza on friday night (although i had the points to allow it, so that wasnt too bad), but the rest of the weekend went to crap. For example,, went to see "american sweethearts" today and just couldnt resist the popcorn.. to have a small portion of it wouldnt have been bad, but i had a regular size WITH butter (dammit) and have contributed nothing more to my nutrition intake except some french toast (light bread with eggwhites) that wasnt bad but i almost marinated it in butter afterwards!!!!!!!!

So.. as you can see i've blown this weekend sky high. I am torn between eating a healthy dinner and moving on with things.. or just leaving the popcorn and french toast as my intake for the day and loading up on the water for the rest of the evening. Any ideas????

Also.. does anyone know the TRUE benefits to green tea???

Aynjell.

comteacher10
07-23-2001, 07:05 AM
I would have personally gone with the healthy dinner to round out the veggies for the day. Dont punish yourself too hard for the weekend. We are not perfect we will slip but we just have to jump back on the wagon and not say well the week in ruin I should just quit. You didnt say when u weigh in but I think u can still save the week but starting today getting back on plan and throwing in a little bit extra workouts. Good Luck

Tami 203/176/135
07-24-2001, 05:14 PM
I just joined this thread and I think you guys are great! I'm writing today because I've been on WW for eleven weeks and I've only lost 4.8 lbs! It's my own fault-I lost 5 lbs the first five weeks but then gained 2 lbs one week (compulsive eating) and 2 more the next (my Father in Law passed away-God bless his soul).

I have been being as good as I can and I am sooo fed up with myself. Everyone's reason in my meeting for my weight loss is "You're older now, it comes off slower". Fifteen years ago I'd be down 15 lbs at least by now! UGH! I haven't even written my food down today. I've written my food down every day for 77 days! DOUBLE UGH!

I apologize for this tirade. I just had to vent.

Hugs and kisses...

comteacher10
07-25-2001, 07:34 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

I know weight loss can be very discouraging but we all have to work together to succeed. Get back to your journal writing it does work. When u say your plan is your fault what kinds of choices are u making. Is there anyway we can help u. If u want to have an online buddy u can email me or istant message me

justone@midmaine.com
yahoo- comteacher71
msn-tpleau@hotmail.com

I would be willing to work with anyone.

I have lost 38.2 in 16 weeks. I weigh in tonight and hope to get my 40th star. I will post my results are 5 when I get back

I hope everyone has a great day.

Tami 203/176/135
07-25-2001, 12:51 PM
Thank you Tracey!

I'm feeling better today. I need to exercise and drink eight glasses of water a day-I know that. Nothing worth doing is easy-I know that too!

Again, sorry about the rant.

comteacher10
07-25-2001, 03:41 PM
np tami that is what the board is for. You can brag about your successes and rant about the disappointments

comteacher10
07-25-2001, 05:29 PM
Well I jsut got back from weigh in and I lost 2.6 pounds total makes 40.8 in 18 weeks. I am so excited. I told all the members about this website so I hope they come too.

comteacher10
07-26-2001, 12:59 PM
I got a silly question. It isnt not something I have tried but thought about. If popcorn is made from corn why cant u count it as a veggie

Lizzo
07-29-2001, 02:03 PM
Hi Y'all. I'm new. I am going to re-join weight watchers next week. I'm putting it off a week, because I know this week will be too chaotic to get a good start. I know that sounds awful, but it's true. I want to start on the right foot. So, on Monday, August 6th, I will re-join.

The first time I joined WW, was almost 2 years ago during my first semester of grad school. I had decent success, but then got sick at Thanksgiving, then exams, then the holidays and I kept finding excuses. I never did get back on track. I rejoined a few times during grad school, but never was committed.

Now, I am done with school. I moved about 12 weeks ago to a smallish town for a job I love, but where I knew noone. I am single. I've been lonely. So, what have I done? I've eaten... A LOT. I am a bit frightened of what the scale will say when I go next week. But, it is more frightening not knowing, than knowing. I'd guess that I have at least 60 lbs to lose. I cannot remember what my healthy range was, and since I don't know where I am now, that number is just a guess.

I look forward to getting support AND giving it. Thanks in advance for letting me join in.

Aynjell
07-29-2001, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone.. checkin in..

Wow.. the past few days i've been busy, going here, going there.. i got myself a part time job, getting this done, that done.. and WOW... LOOK AT THAT... it seems as tho i've accomplished NOTHING.... hehe... ever have times like that???????????

Been on and off program.. last thursday i was up a pound, but i'm not allowing myself to stress.. its definately not worth freakin out over, as i know the solution how to take it off.

My problems have been exercize,, i havent done one bit of excersize since starting,, and i know this would help the efforts along. I bought myself a richard simmons tape (*gasp*.. yes.. i know.. RICHARD SIMMONS.... my mother would be pointing as laughing as i did to her when she bought her copy....- she swears by him now - go figure)... so i thought for someone who is freakishly out of shape.. he would be a good solid place to start - no buns of steel here yet. hehe..

Welcome to the board Lizzo, hope to see you hang around for a while.

Tracey!!!!.. thanks for writing me back.. i will definately get my butt in gear and write you back.. tooo cool girl!!!!

Comteacher. did anyone answer your question about the popcorn?? it certainly is one of those questions that make you wonder..........................

Ok.. lets get our nose to grindstone folks,,, fill our water containers... get our low fat spray and egg beaters out... and have a EXCELLENT week OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami 203/176/135
07-31-2001, 02:01 PM
I am feeling so much better this week! I weighed in on Saturday at 168.00 (+2 lbs.). I expected to weigh more because of my week of eating everything I saw.

I bought an organizer and the two books (Fast Food and Reg. Food) and got my stuff organized. I am also receiving wonderful emails from some of you (you know who you are-thank you!).

I also went back through all of my WW handouts. It helped a whole lot. I also decided my "Winning Outcome". That helped me to realize the number of pounds I need to lose-and it's not that bad once I wrote it down. I borrowed some words of their example. Mine is "I want to follow Winning Points to become 38 pounds thinner so that I won't feel so inadequate."

So, that is where I'm at. I found that I get grumpy when I don't follow the plan and write down my food (probably another control issue). Boy, I've got issues up the yang-yang!

Love to all.

Tami

Hockeygrrl
07-31-2001, 08:39 PM
Good evening, everyone! Just thought I pop in for some positive reinforcement!!!

Anyone find they think of the strangest things when they are trying to make time go by quicker? I was on the treadmill today, and started thinking about how it's a shame that I can't lose weight from where I need it most, first! Since I've started back OP seriously (I'm on week 4), I know that I've lost inches, although the scale only shows 2 lbs. I know that my actual fat loss is more, but I started lifting weights again, so it's not showing on the scale. I just wish the inches on my hips would come off faster than the inches everywhere else!! :lol:

Lizzo - I can understand how you feel about being in a new place, new job, single. I went through that for a while. A few years back I was in a similar place (my mom had just moved to DC, and she and I are VERY close). I had to change my attitude, and I looked at my situation as the perfect time to work on ME, before other things got in the way. I love my BF, but sometimes it's really hard to stay OP, especially when he plans things for us. Use this opportunity to make the life changes you need - they will become habits before you know it!

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! I'm looking forward to visiting often!

Hockeygrrl

Thalia
08-02-2001, 10:37 AM
Wow! Don't post for a couple of weeks and it's a whole new world! Welcome to all of the newer members on this thread. It's great to see you all supporting one another. Tracey, congrats on hitting that 40-pound mark. That's wonderful.

I'm feeling bummed today, but don't worry, I'll get myself out of it. Last Wednesday when I weighed in I'd lost another 4.6, making my total 29.6. I was thrilled. Then I went "down the shore" on vacation and bascially went insane. At last night's weigh in I'd gained 6 POUNDS! I'm still not exactly sure how that happened, but let's just say my food choices were not the best, and leave it at that. I was really depressed when I came home last night, but I got up this morning and got right back on the bandwagon. I also came right to these boards, because I know you guys will help motivate me.

My leader did say that weight that comes on so quickly usually comes off again quickly, so hopefully that will be the case. It just p.o.'s me that I trashed three week's worth of work for a few days of piggishness. I think I learned my lesson, though. It really hits home that these changes I'm making will have to be made forever, 'cause I wasn't nearly as "bad" as I could have been, and look what happened:( Ah well, my weight-loss journey will be one of several years--I won't be able to be perfect every moment. Time to shake myself awake and get right back on the horse.

Gotta go eat some nice healthy veggies.

Have a terrific weekend!

Jill

Na-tron
08-04-2001, 12:00 AM
Ok guys...here goes. I am a lapsed Lifer (twice), most recently after moving from huge health oriented city(LA) to a small mexcian food dominated on here in Texas. I finally made the move to get back on program...unfortunately I have to do it "alone" as my finances do not allow me to return to the meetings. Has anyone here had problems with negative friends or family, that although you knbow they don't mean to, they tend to sabatoge your efforts? nI have a brother who is close to the 300# mark, who we all worry about..but as I know I can't help lose it for him..I know I can lose myself. However...his comments and actions tend to drag me down into the pit of chocolate/pizza/Ben & Jerry's etc..:dizzy: I made the move to start today..and I guess it went Ok..yougher than I remember, but I know I can do it. Just needed to vent..and hopefully make a few friends here that can help me along the way.

-Nate

Name: Nathan - the lone guy in here

Program: WW points

current (starting): 256.5 (OMG.....worse than I thought)
Goal: 175

toad4mimi
08-04-2001, 09:31 AM
Geeeeeeez! Look at everyone who has joined us! This is GREAT!

Jill, I know what you mean. I have been gone a while and came back to find a whole new slew of friends! I also recently went on vacation and ate whatever I wanted. I gained 2 pounds which bummed me out completely, but like your leader said, it did come right back off the next week.

Nate, nice to finally have a male perspective. Hope all of us crazy women don't drive you away! ;)

I seem to be at quite the standstill lately. Other than the 2 pound gain and then loss, I have maintained for the last month. Let me just tell you the reason why: I have not journaled for almost a month now, and I have picked up the nasty little habit of BLTs again. No, not the bacon, lettuce and tomato thing, but even worse! BITES, LICKS AND TASTES! I am going back to the strictest routine possible on Monday morning. (My brother-in-law gets married today, so I will be partying tonight! :D )

I have to say, though, that for not journaling I have been able to maintain quite easily which makes me pretty happy. Now the possibility of maintaining long term really seems like a possibility!

Well, I better go. Time to get the hair done for the big WEDDING tonight! I have to say, my dress is really cute! And a size 8! Haven't been there in about 10 years! WOO HOO!

Have a great weekend and good luck to all staying OP!

Na-tron
08-04-2001, 10:21 AM
Toad4Mimi---naw, u guys aren't crazy, whenever I actually do have the money to go to meeting, I am usually the sole male in a very female enviorment. On that note, it does seem that the WW program seems to really market to women and for some reason they seem to kind of think of us guys as an afterthought...WHAT GIVES?!?!? ;)

Anyway, happy losing everyone!!!!!!:cool:

-Nate

comteacher10
08-04-2001, 04:29 PM
I have not visited this site for a few days because it looked like no one was writing but i am back and glad to see the replies. no i havent got the answer to the popcorn question. It is my pleasure emailing those who want to be buddies only the ones that do this program know how we struggle.

I reached the 43.6 weight lose mark this week. I have 18 pounds to go. These next two weeks will be ****. I am going to a concert every day for 2 weeks. Tonight I am working alone until 7 am so bringing limited food so i wont eat. The downfall is i have to drink plenty of coffee to stay awake.

I have been going to the weightwatcher.com live chat it is pretty interesting if anyone wants to check it out. My name is Tracey and than I put the amount of weight i lost so if u see me make sure u say hello.

Well going to get ready for work gl all

Tami - I love the new positive attitude keep it up girl proud of u

Na-tron
08-05-2001, 02:17 AM
Tracy- what kind of concerts are u attending? I too know the pitfalls of late night work sessions...many nites at IHOP in my time :-).

have to say guys, it is gr8 to be back on the wagon again, I actually feel more in control, than I have been in a long time...and heck, its only been 3 days (3 days of working in a rest. for 10 hours a day).

-Nate

toad4mimi
08-05-2001, 01:05 PM
Well, got the brother-in-law all married off. A great time was had by all. 400+ at the reception, so there were a lot of old friends and family whom I haven't seen in a long time. It was nice.

The best part was everyone telling me how great I looked! One of my husband's uncles said, "I had no idea you were such a Knock Out!" Wow, now that really does something for a persons self-esteem! (Thanks for letting me boast a bit, everyone ;) )

I also find that today I feel incredibly re-charged in the WW department. Now I really want to fight to get to my ultimate goal. I have about 15 +/- pounds to go and I know that I can do it!

Nate: I think the reason that WW caters to women more than men is that women tend to have a lower body image perception than the "typical" male. I think that women tend to be much harder on themselves where weight is concerned than men do (in general). Also, women seem to be much more willing to spend their money on weight loss programs/pills/diets/etc. than men are. Just my overall life observation in this category! :)

Thanks, again, for letting me gloat a little bit about last night! Hope everyone has a great OP week. Stay focused and in control. We can all do this!

comteacher10
08-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Nate- I do all kinds of concerts. I work part time concert security in the New England area. We work from Maine to RI. I have done concerts ranging from Savalation Army to Limp Bizkit.

I have not been able to work out much due to the concerts but I try to at least get my ab workout out in and I am continously walking and lifting while I work so I concider that my work out. I have not been eating terrible trying to make good choices but when u work 20 hrs a day it throws off your eating schedule. I have noticed a slight gain. I don't know but it could be muscle. I am going to try to get it back off before my wednesday weigh in. I have to weigh in early in the am instead of 4:00 so I hope that might help. No water retention.

Nate I wish there was more men in WW. I think u are right they are focusing more on woman but I beleive a man can succeed at it to. Come in here more we would love to have u.

Tami 203/176/135
08-06-2001, 12:54 PM
Hello, all!:cool:

I weighed in at 166.2 Saturday. I'm feeling much better. Thank you for the encouragement. I love this thread.

I have my "Winning Outcome" written down and I've decided to white out the # of pounds to lose and adjusting it every week. That poor little post it note is going to get heavy!

Welcome Nate! It's nice to have you here. We have a few men in our meeting. You are a fantastic example to men everywhere!!!:lol: :lol:

Here is my info on popcorn:

buttered, popped, 3 cups w/2 tbsp. butter=7 points
butter-flavored, popped, 3 cups=4 points
light, butter-flavored, popped, 3 cups=2 points
reduced fat (94% fat free) micro-popped, 5 cups=1 point

I love you guys!

CBC
08-06-2001, 01:33 PM
Na-tron - Check out the Success Stories on the Weight Watcher website, there are some men's stories that may inspire you.

CBC

Thalia
08-06-2001, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys!

Thanks for the encouragement, Pam. I'm so glad you were able to go to the wedding feeling so wonderfully good about yourself! Sounds like you had a great time.

Not journalling was part of my downfall last week, too. I'm back on track, though. O.P. for the past couple of days. The heat's helping, too--who wants to eat in this humidity?:)

Welcome, Nate. Great to have a guy in our group. It helps to get a different perspective. I have a few male friends who are seriously overweight, and from talking to them I get the impression that it's harder for them to get the support that they need from their friends while losing weight. For that reason alone I think that W.W. should really make more of an effort to target men. We have a lot of men at my meeting, but I get the impression that many of them have been dragged there by their wives. There are a few younger guys who've done really well (40+ pounds gone), and a couple more who I don't think will last because they're too impatient for instant results. That, of course, is a problem those of us with a significant amount to lose have to GET OVER QUICKLY!

Does your brother show any inclination or desire to lose weight? Are his attempts to sabotage you unwitting or intentional? It's tough when you're trying to make such serious and important changes in your life and someone you're close to and care about is unwilling or unable to support you in the manner you need him to. Especially if you're preoccupied with worrying about his health. Sigh . . . I'm just talking out the side of my mouth, though, since I don't really know anything about your situation. So, I'll shut up and ask about you. Actor? Singer? Writer? Musician? What's up?

Tami--Great Job! Glad to hear you're feeling better. 27 pounds is great! Keep up the fantastic work.

Gotta go try to exercise. Fun.

Good Luck this week, everyone!

Jill

Na-tron
08-06-2001, 05:23 PM
Thalia- In answer to your questions, I know he doesn't mean to sabatoge me sometimes, but I think it just comes from his own lack of self-esteem...we are talking none here. I have done this b4 (lost 70), but returning to texas has made things more difficult. I think I got off on a good foot now, and it seem s to be going a lot easier this time around.

And as far what I do : lighting designer/master electrican...returning to school in 3 weeks for Audio Engineering (music business).

anyway...see you guys around..it is great to have support here, since I can't do the meeting thing.

happy losing and naimiste :dizzy:

-Nate

Lizzo
08-07-2001, 08:19 AM
I did it. My friend and I went to our first meeting last night. I'm scraping on money from now until pay day on Friday. So I didn't go to the grocery store. I'm not sure about breakfast in the future, but today I'll have 1/2 of what I have been having. I figured out that my bagel and low fat cream cheese was 7 points! So, 1/2 a bagel with the cream cheese will do for today. It'll probably fill me up fine... all those wasted points before! Yikes!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Trip
08-08-2001, 01:51 AM
Just joined the forum. Anyone out there from Edmonton, Canada? I am thinking of rejoining WW starting next Wednesday. There is a meeting near me first thing wednesday morning. Just wanted to know if anyone out there was from my area:D

comteacher10
08-10-2001, 09:54 AM
Hi all I had was a little disappointed this week in weigh in. I stayed the same weight. It is the first week in 20 weeks I havent lost. The good side is I didnt gain. I know where the problem is but there isnt anything I can do about it. I have been working really hectic hours with very little sleep so I have had to drink more coffee. Unfortunately these hours will continue for another 2 weeks. I guess I will also have to drink more water to get rid of the coffee. I am pretty proud of myself this week. I just got off a job that last 41 straight hours. I planned well and believe this week I should see a loss.

lil miss
08-12-2001, 02:39 PM
Hi Everybody,

I've been reading this thread for inspiration for a while and I love the way you all support each other and would love to join in. It's great to have a thread just for the 30-somethings! I gradually gained weight over the years with no serious attempt to lose until now. When I reached size 16, I got disgusted and realized I needed help. I've lost 19 pounds since joining weight watchers at the end of May.

Interesting question about popcorn; it does seem like it should count as a veggie since it has fiber. I was wondering if veggie burgers/soy hotdogs, etc. count as a veggie? Soybeans are veggies, aren't they?

Anyway, we're going on our first real family vacation with the kids in two weeks to Florida; half of the time with my in-laws and half at Disney, and I'm really worrying about doing myself in. Any ideas?

comteacher10
08-12-2001, 04:24 PM
Welcome to our group. Congrad on the weight loss. MY suggestions for your trip is to plan ahead, drink your water and enjoy yourself. If u indulge a little it isnt the end of the world just get back on plan. It is find to use your banked points once in a while. You will find yourself making good choices on your trip. When other are eating ice cream u can choose low fat frozen yogurt. Just bring your journal and maybe the complete food guide and u will be fine. I do count veggie burgers as 1 veggie.. Good luck on your trip and have fun

lil miss
08-13-2001, 11:06 AM
Thanks Tracey,

A vote of confidence always helps. I get nervous when I don't know how many points something is. I don't like it when I go out to eat and am not sure how many points. I like to be in control of what's in my food! You're right about water, that will help and portion control, too. We'll be walking a lot at Disney, so no problem with exercise.

Na-tron
08-15-2001, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, it seems as if we kinda tappered off, after a really good run of posting. Hope the thread doesn't die...Anyway, I wieghed in last week for the first week of being back OP - down 2.5, granted I was hoping for a little more, but hey I'll take what I can get. I seem to be really trucking now, and it seems a lot easier this time around (although I will be dropping point ranges this next week :dizzy: ) Will keep you guys updated, and keep posting guys....

Namaste,

Nathan

lil miss
08-15-2001, 09:38 PM
Hi all,

Congratulations, Nathan. 2.5 pounds is great! I'm disappointed tonight because I gained 1 pound at my weigh-in. I think it was too much snacking on the wrong stuff; the famous BLT's (bites, licks tastes) that did me in. But my leader refers to that as feedback; I know what not to do. This is the first time that I gained since joining WW. We head off for the Sunshine State Friday for 8 days, and it will be interesting to weigh in after that.

I found a great website that someone on the message boards at the Weight Watchers site recommended. It gives you tons of ways to search for the recipe that you want, and includes all of the nutritional info we need. It will even recommend an entire lowfat meal. Or, you can say you want a crockpot or grill recipe and it will search that way. There are other possibilities too. The site is www.mealsforyou.com.

Hope you all have a great week!

Na-tron
08-16-2001, 01:15 AM
Deanna,

Thanx for your encouragement. A 1# gain in all your time at WW...heck that ain't but a blimp...you'll get rid of it. I conquered one of my demons tonight: mexican food. I went out to eat - thought it was gonna end up being one of my weekly "splurge" meal but...noooooo, I managed to come in under the total for the day( barely), but I did it. I am actually looking forward to my weigh in on friday, I think I have done well this week. good luck on your trip, and I hope all goes well.

Namaste, :cool:

Nathan

P.S - thought of something: I heard a saying once that I feel fits with our current weight war. "When we lose something we generally want to find it again" I don't know about you, but I don't want to find this weight again...LET'S JUST GET RID OF IT ONCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:

comteacher10
08-16-2001, 10:03 PM
I hear you Nate. I love your thinking.

Well I had a great week I need to share with u all. I have been gone all week working at concerts. I made some awesome choices the whole week even though it was hard. I pulled a 3.6 loss today at weigh in which makes 47.2 in 21 weeks. I have 14.4 left until goal weight. I am going shopping for my new clothes next week. I cant wait to see what size i have gotten down too.

thanks for letting me gloat all. Hope your week was just as good

Na-tron
08-17-2001, 12:12 AM
congrats Tracey, you are doing gr8. I remember (when I reached goal the 2nd time :-) ) going shopping for new clothes...I actually started dancing in the dressing room. I also remember going into one of my favorite rest. and sitting down and realizing (in amazement) that I actually fit in the booth :lol:

Keep on being a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10
08-17-2001, 08:41 AM
Ty Nate

Na-tron
08-17-2001, 10:59 AM
Woooo-Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!. I just weighed-in, down another 4.5. gettin close to the first 10!!..yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...sorry, had to toot a bit ;)

keep on losing!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate:cool:

comteacher10
08-20-2001, 02:14 AM
Congrads Nate Wow 4.5 that is great. Keep up the great work

Tami 203/176/135
08-22-2001, 11:38 AM
Hello, everybody!

I've been off the wagon for nearly two weeks!
I've missed two weeks of WW!
I've been eating with wild abandon!
I haven't been journaling or drinking water!

The bad part is...

I'M NOT ENJOYING IT!!!

What a bummer.

I've been trying to fill that weird "hole" inside with food again. The bad part is, the "hole" is not getting filled in-no matter what I eat. I know (logically) :^: that I need to get myself together and go back to WW but I don't want to step on the scale! I've been gaining and losing the same darn four pounds for twelve weeks!

I am having such a time with this! Thank you for listening. You guys rule!

Hugs and kisses,
Tami

comteacher10
08-22-2001, 05:23 PM
Tami- what can i do to help you. Where is the hole coming from? We can help fill that hole not food. Email me every day I will help u. U can do this Tami. Think of the reasons you joined WW in the first place. Go back to the scale face the problems and get back on plan. The longer u wait the worse it will be.

I got a funny story for u all. I just got home from weight in. I was .2 pd away from 50. The leader told me to take my tank top off and that put me over. Now I was to work out again just to make sure I dont gain it back next week with shirt on.

Na-tron
08-24-2001, 07:13 PM
Well here goes...first Tami, stick to your guns, we all have our moments, but u gotta find that wagon and hop back on, you will feel much better afterwards.

As for Moi, I had a bumpy week, first my friends had a going-awy thing for me and I ended up having a communion with SEVERAL bottles of wine (ouch) that led to a day after that was none too pleasant. Then My mom brought over a pint of homemade ice cream..I know, I know 1/2 cup..yeah yeah, I ate the whole darn thing (augh!!!!, buit it was good:^: ) so I was all prepepared for my wiegh-in to be a lousy one......guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN 5#...whoooo-hoooooo...that makes for a total of 12 in about 3 weeks ( talk about my body deciding to shed a bit:dizzy: ) anyway..I hope everyone is doing good this week..if u are havng trouble..stick to your guns, it will work out.

keep on being losers !!!!!

Namaste,

-Nate

lil miss
08-26-2001, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

Back from the trip, and I think I made pretty good choices. Limited portion sizes at the inlaws, and Disney actually offers some healthy choices (though I'm not sure exactly what is in the salad dressing). It was too hot to eat much of the time anyway. Today though, I'm tired and hungry and kinda cranky; I think I overdid it. Tomorrow I'll jump back on the wagon and back to the routine.

Tami, I hope that you are able to get back on track. You know we are all rooting for you. No one is perfect, and setbacks happen to everyone. Keep us posted.

Tracey, Wow! Congrats on losing 50 pounds! That is quite an accomplishment, tank top or no tank top! The scale at our WW only goes to .5 pounds and is not that exact.

Nate, that is great that you keep losing. You must have done something right the rest of the week.

Well, the weigh-in on Wed. will tell how I did the last 2 weeks. Had some major stress eating the day before leaving too. Does anyone else get this nervous about the weigh-ins?

Take care everyone, and keep posting!

comteacher10
08-27-2001, 02:12 AM
Hi all back from them weekend concerts. Didnt do very well on some of the choices. Was on a boat all day and the only food there was chips and pretzels. I went over a little on Saturday but I will do some extra abs and treadmill in the morning to burn them off. Well good night all way to late to be on computer

comteacher10
08-28-2001, 08:04 AM
Hey all - I just ordered the new Tony Little's gazelle freestyle total body machine. It will take 2-3 weeks to get here. I will let u know how it is. If anyone knows anything about this machine please let me know. I am getting bored with the treadmill. I could use some change and this machine is small and does 10 different workouts. Worked out hard yesterday to make up for the weekend. I appear to be back on track for weigh in tomorrow.

Na-tron
08-28-2001, 10:18 AM
Tracey -

as we all know, the best way the fix a minor slip up (or a maor one for that matter) is to just get back on track and put it behind us..as the grief in the world won't help. Let us know how the Exercise thingy is .

-Nate

comteacher10
08-29-2001, 06:40 PM
You are right Nate thank you. I weighed in tonight and it wasnt too bad I gained 2/10 of a pound so that brings my total to 50 even which is still great. I will make up for the gain and than some next week. I am back and ready to make goal.

lil miss
08-29-2001, 09:13 PM
Well, all of that worrying and I did great, considering. I'm down 3 more pounds for the last two weeks, bringing me to a grand total of 21 pounds gone forever, never to be seen again.:D

It's time for me to consider my ultimate WW goal. Am I right in thinking I should set it high so that it will be easier to remain a lifetime member? My range should be 122-155 , and I was at 154 tonight. I could say I'm at goal now, but I definitely want to lose more than that. My true goal is to be able to fit into a size 8, and I'm not close to that size yet.

I was thinking of setting my goal at 150, but keep in mind I'd like to go lower. Will that work? I think it would save $$$. Please let me know what y'all think.

comteacher10
08-30-2001, 07:49 AM
Dee congrads. I personnally am setting the goal at the highest number which is 145 for me. I than plan on trying for 135 but want to have a little cushion. I would tell them u want mantainance now. WTG dee

lil miss
08-30-2001, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Tracey,

That confirms what I thought. I'm actually 5'5" 1/2, but put my height down as 5'6". I'll probably go with 150 as my maitenance, which is the maximum for 5'5".

I have to share something that made my day. I stopped at the dept. store today for back to school shopping (I'm a teacher, school starts Tuesday). The last time I shopped, about a month ago, I was a 14, so I picked up size 12 thinking it may be a little snug, but I would be losing and it would soon fit. It was too big!! Wow, that is the first time that has ever happened to me in my life! It has always been the other way around where I've had to go UP a size. So, I'm officially a size 10. I know I'm gloating, but this is the only place I feel comfortable doing that. I also stopped into school, and most haven't seen me all summer. They noticed a difference and told me how great I look! :smug: Adding to that, a teacher friend of mine who I had seen a couple of weeks ago showed up at WW last night and said she was joining because I inspired her. She figures if I can do it with my 3 munchkins constantly begging for ice cream, she could do it too! My next door neighbor also joined because of my success. (Hey, shouldn't I get a commission or something?)

I'm so happy and thanks to everyone for the inspiration and advice.

Na-tron
08-31-2001, 10:43 AM
Well I had ONE of THOSE WEEKS!!!!...I weighed in a few minuites ago and haqd gained 2#'s. Well I have been worring about a move this week and made the move yesterday - across the state. So I guess that 2# ain't that bad considering.....Oh well, back on the wagon.

Namaste'

-Nate

comteacher10
09-01-2001, 12:52 AM
Nate with your way of thinking you will achieve anything good job. Congrads on the move

Thalia
09-01-2001, 02:33 PM
Hi Everyone! It's been a few weeks since I've checked in, and it's great to see everyone so positive. After reading your posts I got to thinking how excited I am for all you teachers who are going back to school and how happy and excited you must be that your students and co-workers will hardly recognize you. What a terrific feeling.

Congrats on the 50 pounds, Tracy. You are an inspiration to all of us. Nate, I hope the move wasn't TOO stressful--keep up the good work and the positive outlook.

I reached my first 10% goal last week, and this past week I'd lost another 3.2 pounds, making my grand total 40 pounds gone. Man, that sounds good:lol: I had hoped to reach 50 pounds by my 30th birthday on 9/16 (when I can stop being an imposter in your group), but I'm gonna come up a bit short. No biggie. I'll get there soon enough.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Keep up the great work.

Jill

comteacher10
09-01-2001, 05:22 PM
Welcome Back to the group. Dont worry about only being 29 we wont hold it against u. Ty for the comment. 40 pounds is wonderful dont work about getting to the 50th it will happen soon enough.

Ps Tami if you read this I want to know if u went to WW Sat. You sounded like u were ready to get back. have a nice holiday Monday everyone

lil miss
09-02-2001, 02:28 PM
Hi,
Congrats to Jill on losing 40 pounds. That is a great accomplishment!

Haven't had a great week; gave in to a lot of temptations. Hubby wanted to know if I wanted to invite some neighbors over to have my b-day cake with us. I thought that sounded good; seeing friends and having help eating the cake too. Unfortunately, he also came home with chips and the temptation was too much for me to resist. I have told him before I can't have those around, but he doesn't get it. I'm trying to make up for things the rest of the week, but am resigned to having poor results at the weigh-in on Wed. I also get stressed out for the start of school and new routines for the whole family. Kids are going to daycare too, and we'll be busy. I'm with Nate; it's hard not to eat when stress and life changes come in. Nate, are you happy with your new digs?

We went the the NY State Fair yesterday; lots of free samples and had a gyro (maybe that's at least better than having the bloomin' onion I always had in the past).

Then there was the Labor Day party last night at some neighbors', I had some stuff I should have passed up; though I did forgo the drinks and had water, and passed on the hamburgers and hot dogs.

Tracey, what age groups do you teach computers to? Have you started for the fall? I teach middle school.

Oh well, we all know we have to get back on the horse after falling off!

ps: I was wondering if it would be helpful to post daily journal entries once in a while to see how others divide up points. It would be too much to do it every day, but once in a while might help.
Would anyone be interested?

comteacher10
09-02-2001, 10:07 PM
You have some time to put a dent into those results. Even if you dont it is fine u will hop right back in the wagon and lose. I feel myself plateauing and dont know what to do about it.

I teach grade 3-5 computers. We start tuesday

comteacher10
09-04-2001, 09:31 PM
Folks I got my new exercise machine today. It is awesome. I love it. I worked out 25 mins and I feel it. The Tony Little's gazelle. Highly recommend it.

Tami 203/176/135
09-05-2001, 01:49 PM
Hi!

Tracey-I did not get to WW Saturday. I was really upset about it too. My daughter had gone to her father's house and had an emergency "clothes" situation that I had to tend to.

I'm looking forward to starting fresh this week. I've missed four weeks so I am out of the program. Luckily, WW is having free registration here!

I am hoping that this time I stick to it. I know that I need to journal (I'm good at that until I get home from work), drink water and exercise (I'm not good at that).

You guys are a great help. Thank you.

comteacher10
09-06-2001, 06:31 AM
you got the right thinking Tami. You know your weakness so those are what u need to work on. Good Luck on Saturday. Dont worry what the scale says you are there that is the important part. I lost 1.4 yesterday at weigh in. We are starting another at work which I cant wait for. I feel this new machine is already helping

lil miss
09-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I finally got a chance to check in. Back to school is busy and my husband has been using the computer a lot at night. Tracy, what does your machine have you do? You were right; I think I compensated on the other days to make up, so I lost 3 1/2 pounds. I feel like I really didn't deserve that after being so bad, but I guess the scale doesn't lie. I told them I wanted my goal to be 150, and they called it that, even though I'm a half pound over. So, I'm officially at my healthy weight (even though I want to lose more) and have lost a total of 25 pounds.:D Tracey, hope you're having a good few first days of school. Mine have been going fine, but I'm very tired. Got on the computer because I wanted to eat very badly. It's helping. Is anyone else famished when they first get home from work? I go to the pantry and want to grab anything I can get my hands on. I already had a lite English muffin with a slice of 2% cheese and salsa. That normally would fill me up but I still want more! OK, I think I'll take my daughter outside and get away from the food!

comteacher10
09-07-2001, 06:47 AM
The machine is like a glider but the way u position your hands depends on what part of the body it works on. School is starting out good but as the week progress behaviors are coming out of the closet. Should be an interesting year. I am always hungry after school. I plan on a little snack after school. Like a FF pudding or an egg beater omellette. Congrads making the goal

lil miss
09-07-2001, 10:32 PM
Thanks Tracey. That's a bad sign when they start acting up the first week, but I'll bet they're motivated to behave so they can get on the computers.

That's a great idea to plan ahead. I kind of forgot about that. When I first joined WW, I would write down everything I was going to eat the next day the night before. Of course, that went by the wayside when I got more comfortable with the program. Today I did something that helped; I took a lite yogurt with me to eat after school while still there; that way I wasn't as famished when I got home and faced the pantry. It worked great until we were invited to another spur of the moment neighborhood party. (I adore our neighbors, but this isn't conducive to weight loss). I was tired and relieved the first week was over and blew it again. Of course, as usual, it wasn't worth it. I should have known better, I don't know what possessed me to keep nibbling. Time to make the old WW soup; tomorrow I'll eat the minimum points for me and try to make up for this.

I was just wondering; where is everybody? Nate, is your week going better? Tami how are you doing? Is there anyone else out there who would like to join our thread? Hope you're all just busy exercising and losing!

comteacher10
09-08-2001, 08:28 AM
The WW soup is a great idea. It can really help fill u up and u dont have to feel guilty.

lil miss
09-08-2001, 07:45 PM
Yes, the WW soup has saved me many a time.

lil miss
09-08-2001, 07:48 PM
I almost forgot, I wanted to tell you I saw an infomercial on that Gazelle exercizer. It looks interesting. Do you use the video that comes with it? I finally turned off the thing because they wouldn't come out and say how much it would be. Anyway, I don't know if I would use it; it's been years since I've gotten out our cross country glider-type thing. I've been pretty good about walking and it's been helping so far. Not sure what will happen when the snow flies though...

comteacher10
09-08-2001, 07:53 PM
I used the video once. They wont tell u how much. I brand new one was close to 300 i got mine for 225 because it was a restocked one

lil miss
09-09-2001, 08:46 PM
Wow! I think I'd better get out the old Nordic Track if the weather keeps me inside.

Thalia
09-19-2001, 06:08 PM
Hi Tracey, Hi Deanna. Where's everyone else?

I'm about to leave for my WW meeting. I think I'm going to have gained a bit because on top of our collective stress and worry, my Mom crashed my car AND I turned 30 on Sunday, so I wasn't exactly at my best this week. However, things could always be worse! I'm not going to get all worked up if I have gained.

I have started "stepping" regularly with a video tape. I'm astouned at how hard it is! If I intersperse stepping with walking for a while as I slowly get in shape, hopefully I'll soon be able to move on to more challenging exercises.

Oh, and I'm not usually one to tout annoying infomercial products, but I got a George Foreman Grill for my birthday, and it's wonderful! I highly recommend getting one.

Well, I hope everyone's doing well. Off to my meeting!

Jill

comteacher10
09-19-2001, 06:16 PM
Is your mom ok? 30th birthday isnt too bad I just had mine in May. My mom and brother have one of those grills they love it too. My mom is buying me one for christmas.

Dont worry about the gain just keep on stepping. I gained .2 a few weeks ago and lost 1.4 the next. We start our at work tomorrow. I am hoping for good results since i didnt go last week. This thread has been quiet lately where is everyone. Good luck on the scale and hope the worring stops. I will let u know how i do on the scale tomorrow.

comteacher10
09-20-2001, 01:32 PM
I just weighed in I lost 4.4 pds in two weeks. Total 55.8. I have 5.8 to goal. Hope everyone is doing good

lil miss
09-21-2001, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I'm so glad to hear from everyone. I checked in a couple of times and no one had posted, so thought maybe people were losing interest. I think that the recent tragedy had everybody reeling. I've had a slow couple of weeks with a one pound weight gain last week, and lost .5 this week. I'm having trouble now with back to school and then the routine with the kids when I get home in finding time to get in my daily walk. My husband often doesn't get home until 7:00 pm. There has to be a way, but I haven't hit on it yet; I may have to give in and get up really early to exercise. Then, I have a harder time not picking when tired and packing the lunches at the same time. Boy, I have a lot of excuses don't I? It makes me realize I'd better just do it!

Don't worry about the b-days, you are young! I'm 36 and feel younger than I have in years with the weight loss; it's all in the head.

I have heard so many good things about the George Forman grill. Maybe I'll ask for that for Christmas too. My mom loves to buy me kitchen gadgets.

Hope you are all doing well.

lil miss
09-21-2001, 10:04 PM
Tracey,

Sorry I forgot to tell you, congrats on your weight loss! You're doing great and so close to goal! You must be thrilled. You've inspired me to really get going now too.

lil miss
09-22-2001, 04:25 PM
Can you believe it? I was really thinking I was 36, but got to thinking about it and realized I'm 38! :o How time flies. I guess I'm in denial. Oh well......

Tami 203/176/135
09-24-2001, 01:08 PM
I just tried to post a reply and the pic I tried to attach was too big and now I have to start all over!:mad: I'll get over it.

I hadn't posted since the tragedy on September 11. I hope you all are safe, happy and healthy.

I'm doing better...I rejoined WW three weeks ago (thank God for free registration). I feel lost without my meeting. I started out at 173.9 and now I'm at 169.8. I feel really good about my weight loss. I'm hoping to maintain this high motivation. My kids and I even went rollerblading Saturday!

I drank my water last week for the first time. I drank it on and off before but I never stuck to it. One of the students in my class (I'm the Program Secretary for an Adult Vocational Program) just discovered that she has severe pitting edema on her leg because she NEVER drinks water. It was amazing to see. It made me take notice of my own water intake and I know how important it is now. I found this information somewhere in my travels and wanted to share it with you:

Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of us take it for granted, water may be the only true "magic potion" for permanent weight loss!

Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits. Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When the kidneys don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. If the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat; more fat remains stored in the body, and weight loss stops.

Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces (outside the cells). This shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The best way to overcome the problem of water retention is to give the body what it needs…PLENTY OF WATER. Only then will the stored water be released. If you have a constant problem with water retention, excess salt may be to blame. Your body will tolerate sodium only in a certain concentration. The more salt you eat, the more water your system retains to dilute it. But getting rid of un-needed salt is easy - just drink more water. As it's forced through the kidneys, it takes away excess sodium.

The overweight person needs more water than the thin one! Larger people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more water. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It also helps to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss - shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy, and resilient. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, he body has a lot more waste to get rid of -all the metabolized fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out the waste.

Water can help relieve constipation. When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal sources. The colon is one primary source. Result? Constipation. But, when a person gets enough water, normal bowel functions returns. So far, we've discovered some remarkable truths about water and weight loss:

The body will not function properly without enough water and can't metabolize stored fat efficiently.

Retained water shows up as excess weight.
To get rid of excess water you must drink more water.

Drinking water is essential to weight loss. How much water is enough?

On the average, a person should drink eight 8-ounce glasses every day. That's about 2 quarts. However, the overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you drink also should be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry.

Water should preferably be cold-it's absorbed into the system more quickly than warm water. And some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually help burn calories. When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. Once this happens you have reached the "breakthrough point". What does this mean?

Endocrine-gland function improves, fluid retention is alleviated, as stored water is lost more fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored fat, natural thirst returns, there is loss of hunger almost overnight

If you stop drinking enough water, your body fluids will be thrown out of balance again, and you may experience fluid retention, unexplained weight gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the situation you'll have to go back and force another "breakthrough".
Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of us take it for granted, water may be the only true "magic potion" for permanent weight loss!

comteacher10
09-25-2001, 04:03 PM
Wow tami you are motivated. Stick with it girl it fits you well. Boy I feel lost without this site. I has been down and I missed you all. How is everyone doing? We started our At Work again. I hope to reach goal by Thanksgiving. Need 5.8. Good Luck all I hope everyone is safe and losing

lil miss
09-25-2001, 09:29 PM
Way to go Tami. Thanks for the info on the water. If a drug would do all that we would pay a fortune for it! Anyway, you motivated me to make sure I drink my water every day.

Tracey, you'll definitely meet your goal by Thanksgiving the way you have been going. I missed everyone too. I wonder how Nate is doing. If you check in Nate, please post and let us know!

I have been doing much better since the weekend. We had beautiful weather here in Syracuse and I took some nice walks with our dog. It's been raining nonstop yesterday and today, but I took the kids to the library this afternoon and checked out an old classic for me: Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies! Couldn't believe I picked that one, but figured it would be easy to do even with the kids around. So, I did it tonight. What a difference exercise can make physically and mentally. Also decided to quit making excuses and start doing what I know I can and should do. Hopefully the scale will show it tomorrow night.

We're getting into a great time of year here, the trees are starting to turn beautiful colors, and I love the crisp smell of a fall day. Can't wait to go apple and pumpkin picking, two annual traditions for us. It's also getting to be jeans weather, I want to lose as much as possible before I buy myself a new pair. Hope you're all having a great season too!

lil miss
09-27-2001, 04:16 PM
Yep, the new resolve worked; I lost 2 pounds. No more excuses!

Tami 203/176/135
10-02-2001, 12:58 PM
Hello,

Starting my journal with my evening meal seems to be working! I'm down 1.8 lbs.! Praise GOD!

Love,
Tami

toad4mimi
10-03-2001, 07:28 PM
Hey, all!

Haven't been around for a while, but happy to see you are all still here.

I started a new thread since this one is now a mile long.

Let's continue on 30 Somethings #3 . . . .