Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat....February 20-26

I knew I would be off track on Saturday night..but didn't realize it was going to be a whole WEEKEND thing! ARGH!!! Ok. I've stepped on the scale and hopefully in a couple days (or a week?) I can say I'm actually to what my Sig says. *sigh & whine at the same time* Why do I keep doing this to myself? Ok---self pity is gone and now I need a drill sargeant on my butt to get me motivated and back on track. DH said he'll exercise with me so THAT'LL help. As I was eating a handful of candy hearts...he asked if I was going to exercise TWICE to make up for those. Chomped down the last one and said "maybe". lol. 2 more months to now lose MORE weight.....I need to get in shape ladies. HELP!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #2  

ok, i know i have a problem with scales, but anyway, friday is my weigh in day. i lost 2.5 pounds. when i weighed in sun it was up two pounds, and so was this morning. THis freaks me out. I did start my period on sat. Could this be the reason for the 2 pound difference? my rings felt a little tight. any suggestions?
kATIECANDOTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  

Never weigh yourself during your period. It can fluctuate 5 pounds or more. Talk about messing with your head..

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
As I was eating a handful of candy hearts...he asked if I was going to exercise TWICE to make up for those.
YUCK!! Candy hearts? Those chalky little nasty government experiments?? Gross... I couldn't even eat those if I wasn't dieting. Those wouldn't be on my list of 'worthy cheats'. LOL

Ok, enough poking, i'm here for ya. These - off course - days are becoming to frequent. Maybe we should do a daily FOOD accountability to go with the daily excersise one. Or is there already a thread like that?

What do you see as far has HELP goes. Should a few of us step up with private messages to try and keep you on track? I'm willing to help anyway I can, so what ever you feel is going to work best..
Old 02-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh man when I get my period I swell and bloat. I stay away from the scales during that week.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon

Dontcha just love being a woman when your system is totally messed up? Another "tom" is on its way, just finished the last one a week ago either that, or I'll have the huge floatation devices for another month! As for weighing when its that time, I weigh in....if I am actively loosing, the scale will either stay the same, or move down. I find that if you are loosing, the water gain (for me) will stable things out for the week, and Ive still been known to loose that week......then a whole lot more the next when the water finally leaves Everyone is different...you will learn what your body does during that time, and compensate for it. You're doing good, so dont sweat the small stuff

Got an early b-day present this weekend. Dh bought me my first ipod!! Im not a techie person, and I didnt want the big fancy schmancy ipod, just the little shuffle thingy. (less to confuse me)! Well, Ive been at it all weekend, and Im still not sure what Im doing I have music on it (finally) but Im not exactly sure how I did it.....cuz I have to do it again So I'll take it for its first test run at the gym this afternoon. So far so good, I love that its little and fits in my pocket! Isnt technology amazing!?!

Been busy around here lately.....still havent gotten to the cleaning part. But that is on the agenda today. I think the dust bunnies are mating! Time to put a stop to all their fun!

Im off to the gym, have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Katie: If you feel the need to WI during TOM....don't pay attention to the weight gain. After TOM the scale should go back down. Especially if you're the "type" to gain water during that time.

Falon: It was the only thing here to cheat on Not sure how much help I need. Mainly I need DH to kick me in the tush to keep me on track. But having the support online is AWESOME as well! This way I know that people are "watching" me....thanks for the help

ilovemike:

Robin:WTG on getting the ipod!! And WTG on figuring it out! DD got an ilo (mp3 player also). I'm thinking I need one of those as well

I'm looking forward to DH getting home and exercising. I'm feeling kind of funky though. Youngest DD had the flu yesterday and I was exposed to it at the same time. I'm not hungry AT ALL (and truthfully, not sure it'd stay down if I DID eat). Water intake isn't going to happen either (again---not sure it'd stay down). I'm hoping to go to bed early tonight and wake up feeling "normal" tomorrow. No, I don't think this is carb withdrawal...I think it's a mix of the flu...and carb overload (blech--too many candy hearts). Maybe if I have to make supper...it'll just be chicken breasts or something bland like that. Off to go do a few dishes, clear up the floor in the living room and then veg out.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #8  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I am just going to introduce myself to the group really quick. My name is Sandra and I am 24. I live in San Antonio Texas. My husband is in the Navy and is currently stationed in Japan for the next 17 months. I am wanting to lose all my weight while he is gone and figure I have plenty of time to do so, but dont want to procrastinate any longer. I want to do atkins cause I have friends who have done it and lost a lot of weight. Well that is my little intro. -Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #9  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi Sandra - welcome!

I'm getting back on track today -- I did a STS this week and I have been eating whatever I feel like.

Then I find that those McDonald's french fries that I cheated with last week poisoned me. McDonald's has been lying and claiming their french fries are gluten free. Now they've come out and said whoops - they really have wheat and dairy in them. Another good reason to avoid fast food forever. I've been poisoned!!! I'm so mad right now -- I'm so careful to avoid gluten. I believed them. ARRGGHHHH!!!!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Sandra
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #11  
Wendy

Hey Sandra welcome
Well I am down another 3 lbs woohoo but it could be because I weighed myself in the morning as opposed to 4 in the afternoon.... but I will take what ever I can get....

I have found that since I can't eat the french fries I make them for my kids and then I lick the greese and salt off the plate....that I can have, it almost taste like the fries themselves....

As for the candy thing I like the sweet hearts too but I have actually been blessed few cravings most of which I have been able to control....not all though I did have 1 oatmeal cookie last night.....
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #12  

thanks for the info on TOM! i will try to leave the scale alone! i am not trying to sound too silly, but what is gluten? have any of yall ever seen super size me? it is scary, i used to be addicted to mcdonalds breakfasts, i haven't eaten it in 3 months. yay.
kATIECANDOTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #13  

Sandra - Welcome!!! Good luck on your weight loss adventure..

Katie - I loved Super Size Me. It was such an eye opener! I highly recommend it to anyone I know whom is addicted to McDonalds!

Susan - Sorry to hear about the poisoning! I wonder how many people who are alergic to gluten are going to do something.. You know they knew this all along. All these big companies know wht they are doing as far as false advertising. Hope there weren't terrible side affects from that last cheat.

Wendy - I read somewhere that you should never weigh in the afternoon, that you should do it in the morning after you first get up, and pee. I can't remember the exact reason.. I'll have to look that back up.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #14  

Here an article about law suites over the gluten fries for ya Susan. It was on our local 9 news.com:

CHICAGO (AP) - McDonald's is facing at least three lawsuits related to its disclosure last week that its french fries contain wheat and dairy products. Before this month, McDonald's had said its fries were free of milk or wheat allergens.

Debra Moffatt of Lombard, Ill., seeks unspecified damages in a suit filed Friday in Cook County Circuit Court that accuses the company of misleading the public. Her attorney, Thomas Pakenas, said his client has celiac disease that causes gastrointestinal symptoms when set off by eating gluten, a protein found in wheat.

"You cannot sell gluten-free french fries when they have gluten," Pakenas said. Moffatt's lawsuit seeks class-action status.

McDonald's said Feb. 13 that wheat and dairy ingredients are used to flavor its fries. Those substances can cause allergic or other medical reactions in food-sensitive consumers.

Earlier this month, McDonald's also acknowledged that its fries contain a third more trans fats than it previously knew, citing results of a new testing method it began using in December.

Jack Daly, McDonald's senior vice president, said in a statement the company has not reviewed the case yet and is testing its fries for gluten through a food allergy research program at the University of Nebraska.

On Friday, Mark and Theresa Chimiak of Jupiter, Fla., sued the fast-food chain, claiming their 5-year-old daughter has an intolerance to gluten. On Wednesday, Nadia Sugich of Los Angeles sued McDonald's, saying she is a vegan and would not have eaten the fries if she had known they contained dairy products.

Until recently, the company had said its fries were free of gluten and milk or wheat allergens and safe for people with dietary issues related to the consumption of dairy items. But this month, the fast-food company quietly added "Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on its website.

The company said the move came in response to new rules by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the packaged foods industry, including one requiring that the presence of common allergens such as milk, eggs, wheat, fish or peanuts be reported. As a restaurant operator, Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonald's does not have to comply but is doing so voluntarily.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:32 AM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all welcome newbies. no time today I wa checking the other posts and used all my time catch up with you all another day
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote