LA Weight Loss - Take Off

View Full Version : Take Off

rad7775
02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Well , tomorrow I am going to do the take off. I am scared of being hungry, I don't know why. Maybe is because I really want to do this, and being hungry would made me become anxious and in a bad mood and start eating. I think that writing what I feel is helping me a lot. Please wish me luck!!!!

heather314
02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
I know just how you feel! But you really need to take it one craving at a time and just push it off until you can have your bar and that really helped me ALOT! Especially since I crave sweet stuff. And really drag out eating the bar too lol, seems to help a bit. Good luck!

CandlePrincess
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Rad: there are a bunch of us doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday....so you won't be alone! We are going to be hanging in together!

Gymgurl
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
You should be okay..do you get to eat greens and meat? If you do you won'r be hungry

Gymgurl
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
I just got done redoing it

rad7775
02-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks a lot for your support!! Let's get it started!!!

emmysmom
02-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Drink lots and lots of water...that seems to help me. Some hot tea or lemon water will help you feel full. I would save a bar too (if you're doing limited) until later in the day so you have something to look forward to. Microwave it for about 15 seconds...makes you feel like you're having a treat!

rad7775
02-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks! That is a good idea I am going to try it tonight. I am doing the limited but this is my first time doing it with the juice before I was doing it with the cantaloupe because I was nursing(breastfeeding my daughter). I called my center this morning and asked if I can use coffee mate and salad dressing and they told me that yes, so that is a relief because at least my veggies would taste nice and the 6 oz of coffee for breakfast wasn't that bad.

stiesta
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Do we get to have bars while doing TO? That is news to me, but I would consider it VERY good news!

emmysmom
02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes, you can have 2 bars per day when you are doing the limited TO.

stiesta
02-20-2006, 02:54 PM
What is the limited TO?

angelica1674
02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
6 oz protein, 2 cups green veggies, 2 bars, juice, water and your lite salt

stiesta
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Is that 6 oz of protein for the whole day?

angelica1674
02-20-2006, 03:03 PM
yep

angelica1674
02-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I think I might try combining the limited and the unlimited. 6 oz of protein, unlimited lettuce/cucumbers and 1 lite bar, juice,water and salt. I dont know yet. I asked the chickies for their opinions so I am going to wait and see what some of them think before I choose what I am doing.

stiesta
02-20-2006, 03:17 PM
What's your typical day like on the limited TO? What do you eat? When I've done the unlimited, I have eggs for breakfast, salad & chicken breast w/ dressing for lunch, some type of protein (chicken usually) and green veggies for dinner, plus the juice. What would you eat on the limited? Do you think you could do one day of each? :) Always looking for ways to mix it up!

Christie

angelica1674
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
usually on the limited TO I have juice for breakfast and water, I have a bar and juice for snack, and lunch I have 3 oz protein and 1 cup lettuce, I have juice and water for snack, then dinner I have 3 oz protein, 1 cup lettuce and my juice,then for my evening snack I have my bar and water. I drink ALOT of water when I do limited. I think it kinda helps not be hungry. I dont know about mixing it up. I am waiting for help with my TO questiom to see If I can do a combination of both.

angelica1674
02-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah, my protein is always chicken on TO.

rad7775
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Need some help here!! When I started the program the counselor told me that the unlimited is only for people that start the program or for people that haven't follow the program for 3 or 4 weeks.The counselor told me that if I need to start the diet again after two or three days of not following it, then I do the limited. What did you heard about this?

emmysmom
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I was told the same thing...unlimited is for newbies or for people off the plan more than 3 weeks.

rad7775
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
OH GOOODD!!!! First day on the limited. I hope that tomorrow the day goes faster. I hope that after all the sacrifice I lose at least two pounds. Wednesday I can't wait!!! I try to do something different today instead of split the 6 oz of protein and the 2 veggies, I eat them all at dinner time, and use the bars as mid morning snack and mid afternoon snack. A lot of water. I think that I wasn't that hungry, I guess that Xcel helps a lot on the cravings and control the hunger. One more keep holding on!!!! (I totally dislike the take off).

marbear
02-20-2006, 10:10 PM
eat cantaloupe or oranges instead of the juice. It iwll fill you up more PLUS it is totally center approved. Just tell them you hate the juice or it makes you sick, and you can do cantaloupe or oranges instead. Just sub 4 small oranges for 1/2 cantaloupe for each day's worth of juice. You will lose JUST AS WELL!
Also, hot herbal tea to make your tummy hurt less if you're starving. I love Blueberry tea by Celestial Seasonings.

One more thing, I don't know how you work it out, but this is what I do:
bf-luna
snack-cantaloupe
lunch-3oz protein, 1/2 cup cooked veggies, cantaloupe
snack-luna
snack-cantaloupe
dinner- 3 oz protein, 1/2 cup cooked veggies
snack-cantaloupe.

Start drinking your water immediately when the day begins. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR HYDRATION! It always helps me more than waiting til I'm hungry and then trying to drink water to fill me up.

Mary

rad7775
02-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi marbear. Thanks a lot for the advice. Before I was doing the limited with cantaloupe because I was nursing and I can't drink the juice also I can't do the carb cravers or any of the pills. This is my first time doing the limited with the juice, and I feel that is harder because at least the cantaloupe is "food" (as much that I dislike cantaloupe)I just want to give a try to the juice. Also cantaloupe is more cheaper than the juice.This is the penalty for break my diet!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Well Hello TO friends - today is my first day back in town and I chose to do the unlimited - I haven't been off plan, but I need to get off plateau and get rid of some cravings....I will try unlimited this time and then maybe limited the next time I do it - Hoping I get at least 2-3 lbs off -

30lbsby22
02-21-2006, 12:26 PM
what do you do if you cant do the bars on TO? do you then do the unlimited or what? I really need to do the TO but I cant do the bars so I dont know what to do and I dont want to ask my center because I know they will want me to buy the juice and I dont want to pay $30 a bottle for it

angelica1674
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you would do the unlimited. you dont eat bars on that one.

ConnorsMum
02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
So far so good on the TO for me, although it's still early. Last time I did TO (which was the first time), I did great the first day and the second day all my energy was gone. I'm hoping it will be different this time because after having a really bad weekend (off plan big time!) I got back on plan and started up my workouts again. If I have no energy, how am I going to get my workout in? We'll have to see what tomorrow brings...

Good luck to all on TO! I just LOVE that I have support with this! I'm gonna need it!!

Diane

rad7775
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! A friend of mine is on diet too, but she is doing it by herself, she told me that she thinks that all is mental because when you're not in a diet sometimes you pass the whole day without eating and you are fine, but at the moment that you said that you are on a diet you become hungrier and anxious. That happen to me, isn't that weird!!?

rad7775
02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Instead of drinking the juice you eat cantaloupe

rad7775
02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi diane, I am doing the TO and you are right I feel without energy at the second day, and for that I don' t workout for that two days, I mean is enough for me to do the TO and workout. I don' t want to push myself.
Milca

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, I am planning on going to the gym tonight -but tomorrow is Savannah's gymnastics - so I don't work out on Weds.....so hopefully I will still have some energy this afternoon !!!

I'm doing good so far -
Egg and morning star sausage for breakfast, 30 oz water, 6 oz knudsens juice - I will be eating chicken and a spinach salad for lunch......not sure about dinner yet. Going to pick up some snacking veggies at the store while I'm at lunch for the afternoon - just in case....

ConnorsMum
02-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with no energy on the second day. I'm going to workout today, so I don't feel so guilty about not working out tomorrow if I feel the same way as before. I find that if I have too many days in between my workouts, I have a hard time getting motivated again.

Diane

Repo girl
02-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, so far, so good. I just loving having TO buddies. Makes you feel like it is a team effort, ya know? I am getting ready to do the BL DVD. Today is the long workout, and tomorrow is the short one, so I think that I should be able to do both. We shall see...

BTW, I cannnot eat the bars either, and so I do the unlimited every time. I do not go crazy on my proteins, in fact, I try to have about 400 calories more protein than the limited folks to make up for the bars, so if I was on limited I would have about 180 calories of protein a day then calories from the bars, so I set it up to have 580 calories of protein a day. Today, for example, I had 3 eggs for breakfast, and I will have 6 oz of chicken for lunch, and 6 oz of chicken for dinner. 576 calories. As far as green veggies are concerned, I just eat what I want of those. Then of course, my 4 small oranges and tons of water!!

ConnorsMum
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Dumb question....what is the BL dvd? Just curious, I'm looking for new dvds to keep my workouts interesting. I just got my Turbo Jam over the weekend. I tried to do it yesterday, but I haven't gotten the moves down yet, so I didn't feel like I got much of a workout from it. I decided to do my Pilates too, so I kicked my own butt last night. I'm sore today because of it. Nothing I don't deserve, that's for sure.

Diane

Repo girl
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Biggest Loser DVD.

ConnorsMum
02-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Didn't know they had dvds. Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the reply.

Diane

stiesta
02-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Hello TO friends--

Just a question for you -- does anyone get sick on the third day (day after TO is done?) I wake up in the morning on the third day sick, shaky, weak, nauseous, clammy -- last time I did it, I felt like I was going to throw up and pass out at the same time. I went into the bathroom and glanced at myself in the mirror -- I had NO color in my face. I looked like a ghost. I sat down, hollered at my son to bring me some orange juice. About 10 - 15 minutes after the OJ, I started to feel a little better. Enough to be able to get up off the floor and get something else to eat. I figured that my blood sugar was just too low -- but it's weird becuase I've had the same reaction when I tried Atkins and South Beach in the past -- by day 3 I am totally sick, so I stopped both of those diets. I've never worried about it, but wondered if I have blood sugar issues. Anyone else have this?

I am doing TO with the rest of you today -- but I have such a headache when I eat like this. Here's hoping that it takes off at least a pound or two!

Christie

angelica1674
02-21-2006, 02:56 PM
To all the TO chickies-I am praying for all of you.It seems all you ladies are doing great!! Keep it up,the days is already almost half way done!!

Repo girl
02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Christie- That is definitely a blood sugar low. I am diabetic when preggers, so I know how it feels. Maybe you should have a few carbs before bed on day 2. Not a few carbs like a candy bar, but something healthy with some protein, like peanut butter and apples, or crackers and LF cheese. Not a lot, but at least it will help even thngs out during the night. Wonder if you are insulin resistant?

dawn78
02-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I just got back from WI. Stayed the same again, now I wish I would have joined you all for TO. I'll being doing it for sure when I get back from vacation.

Gymgurl
02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Just finished 3 days with...

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Well - I'm already up to 60 oz of my water - need to go and get some more TO juice - The bathroom is tired of seeing me today -

stiesta
02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Katie -- I probably am insulin resistant -- I have PCOS and I know the two are linked. I think I will try some "good" carbs before bed tomorrow -- I love how good the TO works, but hate the feeling on day three.

Chklithunder
02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi Everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much, I decided to let things settle down some around here. I've been lurking though, and you all know I can't stay away too long! Today I am on day one of TO. They put me on unlimited and they moved my food plan back up to Red because I am having such a hard time dropping the weight I gained from Christmas and New Year's. I lose it, and gain it right back. So at the COD yesterday they told me they wanted me to start from scratch, which wasn't a bad idea because the carb cravings were spinning out of control. Wish me luck...

Repo girl
02-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah Carmen!! So good to have you back! And a silent TO buddy at that! Good luck with the TO, it will help wipe out those carb cravings for sure. Have a great day!!

Chklithunder
02-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey Ya Katie - You are still doing a fabulous job. Look at you - halfway there already! You should be so proud of yourself. I was able to glean from the other thread that you went away for a spell. Glad you had a great time and made it back safely.

Repo girl
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks Carmen. We had a great time. Somehow little trips like that remind me how much I love my kids, and help me remember why I married DH. He is truly the man for me.

rad7775
02-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, so far is almost 4pm in Chicago. I can't wait to go to bed, wake up do my work out and have a decent yogurt. My husband is trying to be so supportive that I feel bad for him, because I am in a bad mood. I am trying to relax and this is the best way, talk about it!!!! ( or go shopping)

rad7775
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
I am so happy that I finished mY TO. Long day but tomorrow is weight in day, hope that at least one or two pounds. To all the wonderful girls that are on the TO Good Luck!!! We are more stronger of what we thought. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

stiesta
02-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey TO-ers,

Posted already in friends and losers, but thought I'd document my TO here. I woke up this morning with a major headache, but after my breakfast, I think it's starting to go away. Just waiting for my energy to kick in so I can go work out.

Yesterday, I ate 2 eggs for breakfast (I am doing unlimited) and TO juice, grilled chicken salad for lunch, TO in the afternoon, and chicken breast and spinach salad for dinner. I drank about 80 ounces of water and ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Had a 1.2 loss on the scale this morning! :carrot:

How is everyone else doing? One more day and we can have those lovely fruit and carbs back! :D

Christie

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Congrats to all of us TO'ers!!! We are all doing good - some are finished and some are on day 2 - I'm loving it so far - already 1.5 down from yesterday!!! I'm happy with that - so any extra loss would be "icing on the cake" hahahahaha

stiesta
02-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats, Heather! :bravo: Better this kind of icing than the kind we really want, right? :devil:

Keep it up!

Christie

Repo girl
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Morning girls, so far so good. We went to the store last night, and DH bought a treat for the kids. I wanted to cheat so bad that I made him pull into McDonalds for a salad. That did the trick, and I did not cheat myself at all. Feeling great today. After I get my guys sent off to work and school, I am going to finish plastering our kids bathroom so that I can paint it tomorrow. It has been in the process of being remodled for a few months now, and I am so sick of sharing my bathroom with them. Can't wait to have it finished.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Christie - AMEN!!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Katie - Good luck on the bathroom - I love doing remodeling when it doesn't seem to last forever!!!!

Chklithunder
02-22-2006, 11:49 AM
:wave: Good Morning Everyone.

Well, Day 2 is here, and thank goodness this is almost over. Just one more day, just one more day...

Last night was a little difficult for me, I had a HUGE craving for something sweet right before it was time to leave for scouts with the DS. So I made myself a travel mug of green tea w/ Splenda and took it with me to the meeting. I must say, sitting there sipping away did the trick.

Here's to day 2 everyone :cheers:!

ConnorsMum
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm on day 2 of TO and I've gotta tell ya, I'm hungry! I just spent last weekend eating crap, completely off the plan. Now, I'm back on doing TO and it's tough!!! I didn't cheat yesterday and won't today either, but it's taking a lot of willpower. What helps is the scale said I lost 2.5 pounds from yesterday. I think some of that is water weight from the weekend still, but I'll take it!

Also, doing TO seems to be cleaning me out (if you know what I mean ;) ). A little cleaning out is just what I need. I need to get rid of all the toxins that I had over the weekend.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! We're almost done!

Diane

rad7775
02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Hello:
Two pounds off!! It worth the sacrifice!!!! The counselor told me that I continue seeing the diferrrence during the nexdt days. Hope everybody are doing great!

30lbsby22
02-23-2006, 06:48 PM
ugh...i started TO today and its wonderful because I am not hungry. But I have the worst headache ever. I dont feel sick or light headed which is good. Any suggestions though on how to get rid of this headache. It feels like a migraine its so bad.