Old 02-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  
Mary Catherine

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'9

Default Stupid Cravings

what do ya'll do to get over bad cravings? i have not been too good the past 2 days but i need something to make me step away from the dark side..
Merecat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hmm.. I dont so much since I had been on my 'kick' after few months.
Stuff I do on occation I guess it chocolate thats my heel, and chip shop chips(fat/home fries for u americans) like home fries that my my mum cooks are when my mum cooks anything nice for the family, then I go and cook something that never smells as gd.

In the begining when I had really bad cravings Id eat something else(cravings are usually for sweet stuff) so eat fruit, bananas and grapes, then when I moved onto eating one 2bar kitkat a day and then I dunno fazed off of it, I dont know why...

If your usually gd, treat yourself. but if your not resist..
I used to get really bad cravings when I first started all this in the evening and to stop myself eating 'bad' foods and eating too late I'd go to bed(drink water) and sleep I was going to sleep at like 9 pm last september for like a month or 2, how sad am I
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #3  
one leg press at a time

I have been buying a bag of oranges/tanelos/clemintines etc (all citrus fruits) and peel & section them on the weekends, then put themin a big ziplock bag & keep in the fridge. That way all week long I have easy access to fruit which I like the tase of, convenience of unzipping a bag, and it normally satisfies cravings.
Although, if the craving persists, I will grab a piece of chocolate (1 piece of Dove chcolate ususally does it for me.)
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I just eat a piece of string cheese...always works for me!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I brush my teeth, use listerine and pop a peice of gum in and try to distract myself til it's over. Sometimes I'll go get an energy drink (the kind without a million grams of sugar of course), or have a cup of coffee so it feels like I am treating myself. It's hard though. I go through spurts where I don't have problems, then it'll plague me a lot. For me it's not a matter of eating something in its place because I will overeat whatever it is, if I am craving badly, so I try and not eat at those times. I know that might be torture for some, but it's my only choise if I wanna get through it.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Someone suggested before to start painting your nails when a craving creeps in. I never wear nail polish, so I haven't tried that, but I usually visual the scale going up and wait out my cravings. The craving usual subsides after I wait about 10 minutes. Sometimes I come on here and check out the boards!! That always distracts me from the craving.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

My cravings are usually for something sweet, so a diet soda, coffee or fruit takes care of it most of the time. There are some great sugar-free syrups for coffee that really help me out. Starbucks also has a few sugar-free syrups (vanilla and hazlenut, I think). It makes coffee taste like such an indulgent treat.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #8  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

I, also, have a thing for sweets. Sugar-free gum has definitely been my savior, not just in helping me to not give in to my cravings, but also in keeping me from the random snacking I do when I'm bored. I use Extra, winterfresh, bc it's very sweet and flavorful when you first chew it so that takes care of my sweet craving, plus it's minty so I know anything I eat afterwards will taste funny. Don't know if that helps.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #9  

Hahaha.... food tasting funny after having something minty totally works for me too. Using Listerine will kill any kind of craving I have usually, partly because the burning sensation distracts me, and partly because if I eat anything afterwards it tastes so weird, so it's not worth it.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #10  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

If I'm really craving something I have at home, sometimes I'll just throw it out so I can't give in. Sometimes eating something with protein helps, sometimes caffeine helps, sometimes water helps, sometimes fruit helps. Other times, it seems like nothing helps.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote