General chatter - Pilates Help, please

View Full Version : Pilates Help, please

MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY
02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I know there have been posts before, but I can't find them and I reallyyyy need help getting back on th wagon.... it's miles away and simply a mirage now. :(

I bought a jogging stroller, so that will help me out with walking... and I have a stationary bike...

But, I have been interested in Pilates for a while.. since I have heard that it REALLY works. I have heard Winsor Pilates is great.. but, I need someone to give me a title/link.. just point me in the direction and I'll buy it! There are so many titles, and I have no idea which is good for beginners, but still effective.

TIA!

Nori71
02-17-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't do a lot of Pilates yet and am looking to get more into it. I have never done Winsor Pilates. I do have a good intro level dvd by Denise Austin called Pilates For Every Body. It only requires a resistance band and a chair. I actually did it today for the first time in a long time. I did it right after I had my first DD a couple years ago and I saw almost immediate (w/i 2 weeks) results.

You will probably find a lot of info in the Exercise forums here = http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177. Take a look around there.

pixiefalls
02-18-2006, 12:16 AM
^She pointed you in a great direction:).

If you enjoy this workout, you might try her Personal Trainer workout, which is similar, but you can adjust it to your fitness level. It does not use the band. I also like her Ultimate Fat Burner (uses a step) and Shrink Your Female Fat Zones (uses a stability ball). She has some Pilates workouts as well; I have one of them and it's pretty challenging! But it's good.
from here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70827

But I just wanted to add that I do Pilates but by Crunch. It's called "pick your spot" Pilates and it's cool. I like it but it's starting to flicker and I guess I scratched it so I am thinking of picking up this other Pilates DVD. I don't think it matters by whom.. just maybe look at your local WalMart?

Oh, and I LOVE Pilates! It's wonderful! I haven't done it since Monday and my abs still have a bit of a burn to them and it is fun to do:).

zoritsa
02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
^She pointed you in a great direction:).

from here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70827

But I just wanted to add that I do Pilates but by Crunch. It's called "pick your spot" Pilates and it's cool. I like it but it's starting to flicker and I guess I scratched it so I am thinking of picking up this other Pilates DVD. I don't think it matters by whom.. just maybe look at your local WalMart?

Oh, and I LOVE Pilates! It's wonderful! I haven't done it since Monday and my abs still have a bit of a burn to them and it is fun to do:).
I have the "Pick your spot pilates" and I love it!I like that you can work out all three target areas(abs,butt,thighs)all in one 30 minute workout,or you can pick a certain one to work on.

pixiefalls
02-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Me too! I'm glad there is someone else on here that has it too:).

nicnacmd7
02-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I have done winsor pilates, and i absolutly love it........the whole dvd series was only $20, it has a beginners, disc....that is very easily done, so much so your thinking is this working..then next day your like oh yeah this worked!!lol...the series comes with 5 discs!

bmlath4379
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I normally use the advanced winsor, but I also have a thing about buying every pilates dvd i find and about a week ago i found one called "You can Do Pilates." Its a Leslie Sansone (from walk away the pounds) and it basically contains 2 workouts, one w/ bands, one without; the workouts introduce you really to the fundamentals of pilates. I would probably say that it is perfect for a beginner, i'm planning on purchasing several more copies to give to some of my friends who have been meaning to start.