Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Chit Chat & Weight Loss #167

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-17-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good afternoon, ladies,

Cristi - I like the comforter you mentioned. It's hard to decided, though, isn't it? Once I buy one, I like to use it for quite awhile to really get my money's worth out of it, lol. Did you decide which house to buy? Much harder than buying a comforter, right?

Susan - Happy Birthday to Gaby!! She's 4 now, right? Mary and her family are going to Chuck E Cheese today. The kids are so excited, lol.

Marti - that's great news about your sister coming for a visit. That's the same week I'll be in Florida. Anyway, you'll have lots of fun.

Angie - hey, the offer of the guest room is always available. Snow! We've hardly had any this year. Wanna share yours?

Mindee - lood luck with the Self challenge. I know you can do it.

Katy - yay for the Olympic sweater knitting!

I've got to be at a conference with my church later today, and all day tomorrow. I'm on the Administrative board and this is part of it.

We had another guy come with an estimate to tear the house down. This is hard on Neal, and so it's hard on me, too, since I don't like to see him sad. I'll just be glad when it's all over, which should be in May or June.

Take care, and have a good weekend!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Morning ladies...

Mother nature has decided it is winter time! Brrrr, it's cold! The high is supposed to be 24 today and 14 tomorrow, that's not with the wind blowing! Also, a chance of snow. Hope not, going to the symphony tomorrow night and I don't want to be out in snow.

MARTI...yay, to working normal shifts/hours again. And yay to your little sis coming for a visit in March-that will be nice.

ANGIE...yeppers, 3 BIG dogs! And yes, Ernie would go crazy. But we could always fix that on that side of the yard. We just hate to pass up a GREAT house because of dogs. That's why we are having such a hard time deciding.

KATY...I would love to see him end up with Moana. Wouldn't that just kill the others?! It will be interesting to see who he picks. And...I have faith you will finish the sweater before the olympics are over.

SUSAN...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gaby! Hope you guys had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese! I will be sure and not miss the reunion show on Monday! Love to see those. I missed Ellen. Actually, haven't been able to see it since the Olympics started. It's on that channel and has made me miss all my favorite shows! Comes on at 4-5 and then 7-10. Can't wait till they are off! And I agree, we all need to meet!! Beginning to think it won't happen though and that makes me sad.

MINDEE...that baby sure is growing fast isn't he? Is that a normal weight for a baby that age? He seems big...but it's been so long since mine were that small I can't remember. I am going to have to check out the photos again. Well, you would think that Wal-Mart would have the cookbooks in the book section. That's where I found mine...with the new releases next to the diet and cookbooks. Of course they rearrange things all the time and I have noticed they don't have as many cookbooks as they do diet books.

Anyway...Hi to everyone else

Another busy day but I am thankful for that. Didn't get Ernie to the vet last week so taking him in at 12:30 today. They have walk-ins during certain times everyday. Then I'm making crock pot ribs again so dinner will be ready by the time we get home this evening. V and I are taking another look at the two houses we can't decide between. This time though we are taking the camera and taking pictures of each one so we can just sit and look at them and try and make a decision then. We are hoping to make one by Monday, the day we will be listing ours. I know which one I like the best, it has more to offer and has the added little touches that I love! It's those darn dogs that are making the decision so tough. Anyway........take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend whatever you do!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-17-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #4  
One day at a time

JANE...saw you had posted while I was typing away and thought I better say HI! (((((HUGS))))) to you and Neal. I can only imagine how hard it is for him and for you to see him so sad about tearing the house down. Is there something or some things that you guys can save from it to add to the new house so that not everything is destroyed? Maybe you guys can take a trip when the demolition starts so he's not there to see it.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan,,,are you sure you weren't driving behind Katy? I think we should all start looking for that bumpersticker and get it for you know who!

Jane, sorry snow is melted more or less. Didn't last long. Was brutally cold for 2 days and here comes the sun and everything is back to tropical.

Not much happening here,,,went and did my nails. I went to the EI (employment Insurance) for while Im gone, it pays like 60% of my wages, not bad.
Went to Walmart today,,,WOOOO bad thing to do,,,packed. Was shopping for lil travel size things, this woman had her cart on one side of the aisle and she was standing beside it blocking everyone. Her husband was down away, watching. I came up close and said excuse me, she ignored me. Her huband yells at her to move, shes in the way. She very snide way says Im not in the way. I am not known for keeping my mouth shut,,,so I told her,,,nope your husband is right you are in the way. I get past her,,,her husband winks at me...lol Id say hes in trouble when he gets home....lol

Bought some PJ bottoms. Hate being without a bra,,,and thought while in the hospital I would wear a cami, with built in bra and pj bottoms. The ones I bought have light elastic and string to hold them up. So it won't interfer with my incisions. I need to clean the house tonight,,,
My mom is coming to visit tomorrow, and then Sunday we plan to do some last minute shopping, Costco, M&M meats. And if he has time we will prime the basement. Monday is a holiday here but we still work...
Anyone got any plans for this weekend?
Old 02-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Smile

Morning chickies

Pretty quiet around here...

Well, I do have plans for tonight Angie, even though it is soooooo cold I don't want to get out. Already bought the tickets though. We are headed to the Symphony-Engage Your Heart featuring Stephen Hough on the piano. The program is Sir Alexander MacKenzie Benedictus: No. 3, Schumann: Symphony No.2 and Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2-I absolutely love the piano, and the violin! Anyway, no other plans for the weekend. I'm going to straighten some things in the basement and catch up on my cleaning and reading. So, pretty much a boring, easy-laid-back weekend for me.

Are you getting anxious about having the surgery over with already? Glad your mommy is coming up to help over the weekend. Will she stay around until after your surgery? Ya know...I would love to not have to wear a bra. I really hate wearing one. Actually, thought about having a boob job just to firm them up so I wouldn't have to! I wouldn't though, a face lift ya, but not a boob job. Unless I could make them smaller, like a small B cup. Anyway, so just wear the stinking things just to hold them up. Otherwise in a few years they will be hangin' down to my belly. Okay, babbling now

Hope all is well with everyone and you are having a wonderful weekend! And...I hope it's warmer where you are than it is here! Brrrrrrr Okay, I'm outta here. Have a good one ladies!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

brrrrrrrrr, it is freezing here too Cristi. I would love a boob job! and a tummy tuck!!

I didn't know you were having a surgery Angie. I read back where you were saying you have been in pain. Anyway - what is it for?? lol - so out of the loop, sorry.HUGS though!!

better get - have a basketball game to go to,,,,,,hate these things. I might take Gaby to see Curious George....

chow!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:35 AM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in again. Hope all that cold weather in the mid-west is gone by the first of March. We will be trying to down trees on our lot to make room for the house.
DSS is here in Vegas catching up with friends. We saw him for all of a minute today, and will have more time tomorrow.
We are just getting things ready to close up the house and head home.
Today we went to our brunch and then played some video poker for awhile. We came home to see DSS and then when he left we were bored so we went back to have a prime rib dinner and play more video poker. Ha...we didn't win a darn thing. Tomorrow I have to finish laundry and iron a few pieces. Never ending!

Hello to all and hope you are enjoying the long week-end. Angie....thinking of you with your surgery coming up.
Thinking of you all.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - Neal wants to watch the house come down even though he knows it will be very sad. Kind of like being with a loved one when he draws his last breath, he feels he needs to be here. Was the concert good? I bet it was wonderful. I too prefer piano and violin. Any decision on the house yet?

Angie - lol! Laughed out loud at your Walmart story, and I bet you the guy caugh **** as soon as you were out of sight! You pj cami and bottoms sound so cute! YAY for EI.

Susan - I truly didn't think you would be able to make it to Vegas since you're going to Hawaii, and Cristi said she would probably be going to Hawaii, too, to see her son. So that left only Angie and me. She and her husband weren't too crazy about doing Vegas again, and Neal and I don't want to go in June. Thought I should explain here why I'm not going. See the Vegas thread for a new idea, ok?

Sue - get out your long johns, hon. It's colder than a well-diggers knuckles here in Indiana. As I type this, it's 9 degrees, and the wind chill is way below 0. Brrrr!!

The 2 day conference at church was taxing but effective. We have outlined some long term goals, with the help of an expert, to take our church from being a good one to being a great one. Now I'm hoping we can actually carry out those plans.

As I told Sue, it's so cold here! Nine degrees, and this house is so drafty that I actually have to wear a hat and jacket most of the time indoors. Right now I'm wrapped up in a big old comforter with just my hands sticking out, lol.

Any fun plans for the day? Anyone going to go see Date Movie? Seems like a lot of fun, spoofing all the chick flicks.

Ciao!
Old 02-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #10  

Well, another weekend almost over with.

Just found out I will be having the "early morning babysitting duty" for another 2 weeks! When Megan finishes this training & takes her test, I can get another 1 1/2 hrs. sleep in the morning!!

Went to church this morning, DH did good. Then I had a baby shower to go to this afternoon - the food was wonderful! When I got home he had decided to "help" me with the laundry. Put the liquid fabric softener where the bleach is supposed to go, so I had to soak all that up with a towel. I was trying to get all the bedding washed & dried yet today since the dog peed all over it just before I went to the shower. Well with the big load of towels he did it just put me behind a few hours. This weekend everything has been catching up with me. I'm in tears most of the time & really really *****y. He thinks he's helping me but all he does is make more work for me. Plus the problems with my back, DS having surgery this week, early AM babysitting and working - I am just plain worn out!!

So I thought I would "vent" to you for a while. But now it's time to face my world again.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Connie
Old 02-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hi Connie, sorry to hear of you helper...but as bad as his help is,,,he is still trying! yuck on the 2 more weeks of early rising. Is there anyways she can be dropped off before bed the night before so you can all sleep in?

Jane,,,ahh poor Neil, I can just imagine how sad that will be. Rmind him its the memories that made that house special,,,and his has those memories in his heart.

Cristi, I did pretty much the same...hung out,,,crocheted, then my mom came for a visit, with my cousin. We had fun shopping,,,hanging out. I got alot down, and now only have to pack. Im leaving everythig for Monte to bring to the hospital when he gets off work and comes to visit. I don't want to have to lug or worry about my stuff.

Geesh if my valentines day gift wasn't enough, I only now checked the mail from last week, he bought me tickets to see Rob Thomas! I am so excited over that.

Susan, I am having a hystorectomy on Wed. I don't want to get too graphic but things have gotten bad with my TOM. If Im not sucking back close to 9 advils per day,,,Im feeling like Im in labour. So Im off work for the next six weeks. Hoping I will be up and sround with in 2 weeks, and can do light things like go through all our tax stuff. No lifting anything over 10 lbs.

Our new furniture arrived yesterday morning,,,we weren't prepared and had thought we had to call before they del. And we had planned not to call for another 2 weeks. So our office is looking a bit crazy full.
Well i should get going,,,need to finish the laundry.
ttfn
Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #12  
Nancy

I've been reading posts, haven't been contributing much...I've had a couple of bad weeks. I was within 2/10 of a pound of my 20 lb. star (WW) and then I've gained the last 3 weeks. Very frustrating. I'm trying to redirect my thinking away from the scale, and focus on the positive changes I've made. It's hard though...

Spending the 4-day holiday weekend with my bil's family. It's okay having them here, but sometimes I wish my husband, son and I could just have a quiet family vacation. Perhaps this summer.

Hope all enjoy the holiday tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #13  
Nancy

Okay, first I had no tracker bars, now I have 2. Oh well...it's pretty!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:07 AM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- I have my fingers in my ears...I can not hear your weathe report. I will NOT listen. UGH!

I have a funny for you... My grandson, who is 5, has Mickey Mouse walkie talkies. He and his new sis were playing on them outdoors and got onto a frequency with someone talking. They ran into the house all excited, they swore they had contacted Disneyland!

Angie- Thinking of you re: your surgery. I have had the same and it was not bad at all. I actually felt good in a few days, but did let DH and DS take care of me for a full two weeks. Then the 6 weeks before going to work and or doing anything too difficult.

Connie- (hugs) to you again hon. I can imagine how difficult it is when you have so much help. What a mess to clean up. Another 2 weeks and you can sleep in...what we won't do for our kids, huh?

Sorry I have to cut this short.... Happy week-end to you all.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:22 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Been really cold and spent Saturday w/James and today relaxing!

Just wanted to pop in really quick to say I haven't forgotten you all.

I'm ready for bed. I will chat tomorrow before work.
Closed Thread