LA Weight Loss - ?? for any menu planners out there****

Debster921
02-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a question for all of you that plan out your days. Do you use any type of computer program or website to do it? I have a Master Cook program, but will have to spend several if not hundreds of hours inputting recipes to use the shopping list and menu planner. Currently I have a blank weekly menu made up in Exel and fill in for the week. I am one that I have to have my day planned out beforehand or I choke, especially if it is a workday. Any input or advice would be helpful. I like to do a whole week at a time and use that to make my shopping list. I just find that this takes so much time to do.
Thanks,
Debbie

marbear
02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, this last month I started planning ahead better b/c I wanted to save money. It is really working. I am saving tons of money. What I do is buy "quick fixes" for breakfast and lunch (try to keep tuna, LS v8 veggie soup, peanut butter, eggs and toast, lf cheese and tortilla). I buy things specifically for my son during the day and husband to take to work (lunchmeat, etc). Anyway, I focus my energy on supper. I have made a list of about 12 meals that are on plan and easy enough for me to fix. Before going to the grocery, I look at what I already have on hand, then look at what I can make from that. Then I look at what I'd like to have and circle those (I have actually written a brief description of the meals ON my grocery list on the computer). Anyway, I hope to add more entrees as time progresses, but I am not wanting to overcomplicate things right now. It has helped me tremendously as far as money goes.

BTW, have you considered buying lean cuisines for your lunch? I got a bunch of weight watchers smartones that fit guidelines (though LAWL won't list them b/c they are competititors) because they were $1 each, even for the premium stuff. I plan on using that when I am feeling unable to cook something on plan on weekends or lunch.

CandlePrincess
02-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Debbie,

I know the new LAWL at home has a menu planner...but it's $99 to join. I found on ebay a software program that was written by someone who had done the LAWL program. There are a lot of foods already listed and you can add your own. You can input what your plan allows you to have and as you plan your menu it takes that away from the count. It was about $30.00. I like the software but you can't add food that count as more than one thing...for example...frozen meals count as a starch and protein, when you put that info into the program it only will click off a protein. If you are interested let me know and I can email you they guys name and info.

Gymgurl
02-17-2006, 09:38 AM
wow you guys are way more organized then I....I just wing it and that is when I get into trouble lol