Old 02-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #1  
She

Default What do you put on your popcorn?

I thought that there had been a thread about this, but I can't seem to find it now.

I usually eat the Smart Pop Kettlecorn or Smart Pop Butter Popcorn.

For Toppings, I like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and Kernel's Seasonings ( http://www.kernelseasons.com/merchan...tegory_Code=SM ). I have also ordered a cheddar cheese flavor spray from Flavor Spray ( http://www.flavorspraydiet.com/shop.html ), but haven't recieved it yet.

So, what do you usually put on your popcorn? I'm looking for new ideas.

~Julie
She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

I like my popcorn plain air-popped. If it's stove-top, just the vegetable (canola) oil needed to pop it. (Sorry, no help here.)
Kim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Club House Seasoned Salt! Yum!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Johnnys seasoned salt
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #5  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I never thought about putting anything on popcorn. I generally use the microwave popcorn and just eat it as it comes out. I like the Movie Theatre ones most.

At the movies, I get "butter". I know, I know, it's not *really* butter (I worked at a movie theatre in my teens -- you don't want to know what used to go on there!!!). It's not really butter, but I get it more because it's just part of the movie theatre experience.

I just recently started getting the 100-calorie snack bags of popcorn. I tried a couple of different ones and found I liked Pop Secret 100 Calorie Snack Pack best. While it doesn't have quite as much butter taste as their full calorie bag, I'll sacrifice butter for 100-calories (the full cal snack bag = 250 calories). I never thought about putting on a butter spray, though. What a nifty idea!

Does the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray have any calories?

Last edited by Less of Lena; 02-16-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

Some parmesean cheese, or just eat it plain.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  

I love Kernel Season's White Cheddar- it makes my 94% Fat Free microwave popcorn taste like cheese popcorn. With only 2 calories per 1/4 teaspoon, no fat & only 75mg sodium, it is definitely one to check out. I also have the Ranch flavor- I'm not as impressed with it on popcorn...just not my taste, but its good mixed with a little fat free sour cream to make a ranch dip. I just wish my local stores would carry more of the flavors- I want to try the Nacho one and for some strange reason, the chocolate marshmallow one looks interesting...not sure if I want it on popcorn, but I'm sure I can find something to put it on
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #8  
She

I also love the Kernel's Seasons White Cheddar. So far, it has been my favorite. I have the Nacho flavor, but I don't care for it very much, which is strange since I normally love anything cheese flavored. - I think it would be good sprinkled on Mac & Cheese...

I've got the Kernel's Seasons Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Chocolate Marshmellow, and Apple Cinnamon flavors ordered and am waiting to try them. I've had the Parmesian Garlic flavor in the past and it was very good.

~Julie
She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I put hot sauce on mine - as much Texas Pete as I can stand!!
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #10