Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/177.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Say it isn't so....

I'm so bummed! Last night DH toook me out for pre-valentines dinner as he is out of town today, so we had my favorite (ok, one of my faves!) Chinese. Follow that with a strawberry Blizzard from DQ and I'm only over 7 points for day. Great! However...... I was miserable before we even got home. I don't know if I have eaten healthy for so long (3 weeks) and it just didn't agree with me, or what. I have been sick all day today, and am not sure. Is this "normal"? I haven't cheated once!
BTW- Happy Valentines Day all!!!
Joyce
Old 02-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #2  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Hmm... i've got a digestive disorder and after I spend weeks being good, then indulge in something really crappy for me, i get the same feeling. I think our bodies are saying, "What the **** is this? Where's the salad? Fries? FRIES? Are you trying to kill me????"
Anyway, I just drink lots of water and eat raw carrots. A pregnant friend of mine tells me they're wonderful for heartburn and indegestion.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #3  
Another Tammy

I think I had the same situation this weekend. I went to Bakers Square and allowed myself to have chicken "strips" (which I quote since they were really stubby and round, a little bigger than a chicken nugget). Anyhoo, a few hours later my stomach had some sudden, major issues. It continued to once yesterday, as well. All I can figure is that it was the grease fromt he chicken. I had nothing else different than I've been eating. I realized that my body hadn't had any grease in at least a month and I think that was it's retribution. It may have aided in my 3.2 loss this week but I'm not complaining!

And the nugget-strips were very yummy, by the way!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #4  
Lost in NY

I think that's absolutely why you felt icky. The same thing happens to me if I break and eat something not-so-good for you. Like half of my vacation...I am still recovering from the icky's from that.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oh Ya! I can't eat fast food (McD's, Burger King, etc), chips or Philly chip dip or anything oily anymore - my body just can't deal with it the way it used to.

I don't even miss those things
Old 02-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #6  

Yesterday my boss took all the ladies out for a Valentine's Day lunch. We went to this buffet that has the best fried chicken. I ate a bunch of salad and then had 2 chicken wings. As I was eating them I realized that they tasted way too greasy and could not even finish the second one. After I got back to work my tummy started to not feel so good.

I have noticed now that I am watching what I eat the fatty foods I use to love sometimes don't taste as good as they use to and they do make me feel tired and sick. I am also starting to crave sugar less and it takes less chocolate to satisfy me. I think sometimes we binge on an old favorite as comfort, but in reality it does not taste very good.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default our bodies seem to quickly adjust to healthier diets

and then if we indulge in fatty or sugary foods, it doesn't sit right one bit. If that's not an incentive to eat well, I don't know what is!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #8  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

That's true. When I crave chocolate now, I try hot cocoa first (the kind you mix with water0. That's usually good enough for me!
Closed Thread