Weight Loss Support - Spring Fling, 10 lbs b-4 first day of Spring

goalweight160
02-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Join me in a mini challenge to lose 10 lbs before the first day of spring which is Monday, March 20, 2006. We will support and encourage each other to meet their goal!!!!!!

That is a healthy weight loss of 2 lbs per week.

MiaManning
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm in!

Gia
02-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I'd be up for that! I've never done a goal thing like this. Cool! Thanks! That would get me pretty close to my mini-goal. :carrot:
:)

lumifan4ever
02-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Okay. ten pounds by March 20th. I can do that. I have just started incorporating some jogging in with my 2 mile walk, so I just know I can break this little plateau I am on and lose ten pounds by then. With some encouragement, I can definately do it.

I am just having some problems with my food choices. I am really trying to get off of eating so much processed boxed foods, but alot of my veggies come in a can. I am going to start trying to make sure I get the kind with no salt added, because i don't have time or the knowledge on how to cook veggies from their natural raw state. any help you can give on this??

goalweight160
02-14-2006, 02:01 PM
lumifan4ever-

Do you use the walk away the pounds videos? I bought the walk and job video a couple of weeks ago and it is excellant.

Infrogwetrust
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I am in. I haven't lost for a while so I need some motivation.

readyfreddy
02-14-2006, 03:42 PM
me! me! me! oh me too!!

im in :-)

i wanted to lose 5lbs by this coming sat (going clothes shopping) but realistically I'm hoping for 3!

lets do it! :carrot:

charliekay
02-14-2006, 04:51 PM
i will try that goal too,i am not promising i will meet it,i have been off track a week or so,but i am in. :)

lumifan4ever
02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
lumifan4ever-

Do you use the walk away the pounds videos? I bought the walk and job video a couple of weeks ago and it is excellant.

Nah, i just walk outside in my parking lot at work. it is 1/10 of a mile around. so if i walk it 10 times, i got in one mile. and i jog around it once, i get 1/10 jogged. so i have been walking around one mile with a friend, and then i try to jog around every other time at least 4 times. i hope to increase it next week or so to 5 times around until i am working up to a mile jogged. just because i know jogging can tone you up so much faster than just walking.

goalweight160
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
That's a great idea lumifan4ever, thanks for the tip!

healthy_wanna_b
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm in! It will be my first 3FC challenge! I know we can do it! :)

charliekay
02-15-2006, 10:21 AM
the goal date is a day before my birhthday,so if i can reach this goal it will be double great :)

readyforit
02-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm in!

I think accountability and support are the bit I've been missing, so this sounds great. And achievable.

Plus, taking my mil to the opera the day after and it'd sure be nice to look a bit better :)

charliekay
02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
wow,the opera.i kinda would like to go to the opera,but no one i know would go with me :)

peccavi
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Oooo may I join? I got back on the wagon about a week ago and this sounds lovely.. although I don't know if I can quite make it because I only have about 30 pounds to lose from here. Good luck everybody =)

goalweight160
02-16-2006, 09:02 AM
It has been a bad week for me, life has just kind of happened this week! I'm hoping not to gain.... how is everyone else doing?

charliekay
02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
my diet doctor told me yesturday about this cleansing formula they have that u just drink this stuff for three days and eat no food and you are garenteed to lose at least 10 to 15 pounds,now i am shure its probably just water weight,but she said the combination of the formula also really really pumps up your matabilizim and puts it in over drive to where you can really start losing alot on my program.i think i am going to try it and see what it does for me,only problem is not eating for three days,ick. that will be hard.

goalweight160
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
my diet doctor told me yesturday about this cleansing formula they have that u just drink this stuff for three days and eat no food

I was told of some similiar stuff last night except you are allowed to eat green leaf veggies for the 3 days you are taking it.

readyforit
02-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I weigh in this weekend so I don't know how its going pound wise yet.

However, I do know my muscles are all tight and sore. Started using weights this week and wow! I like doing weights far better than cardio. Must do cardio though. My achilles heel.

sigh

charliekay
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
goalweight- isn't that wild how there are sooo many different plans and diets out there that are so similair.well i think she told me on this one that on the third day i eat supper,but the first two days nothing but the juice. are u going to try yours?? hey we might can try it together :) it would help me knowing i am not alone :)

onlinemommies
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Dee
:hyper:

charliekay
02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
onlinemommie- i click your link on your post and it didn't work :(

jodilynn
02-16-2006, 06:23 PM
can I play too? I'm just starting sonoma diet and need some goals to get me moving.

blues4miles
02-16-2006, 06:35 PM
my diet doctor told me yesturday about this cleansing formula they have that u just drink this stuff for three days and eat no food and you are garenteed to lose at least 10 to 15 pounds,now i am shure its probably just water weight,but she said the combination of the formula also really really pumps up your matabilizim and puts it in over drive to where you can really start losing alot on my program.i think i am going to try it and see what it does for me,only problem is not eating for three days,ick. that will be hard.

If you don't eat anything for three days...of course you'll lose weight. Probably not 10-15lbs unless you're just starting, if you've already started losing weight you won't have water weight to lose. And as soon as you start eating solid food again, you'll gain at least some of it back. I know some people fast for religious reasons (and the stuff they have you drink is probably something like laxatives and stuff that will temporarily clean out your intestines and colon :p ) but for longterm I think it's too much of a quick fix. Just my opinion though, can't knock it if it's worked for others. Who is this "diet doctor" ?

charliekay
02-16-2006, 07:36 PM
well they suggested that everyone wait until they have been on the program for at least two months,and that is really speeds up metabilism too. well i don't eat much anyway.usually shakes twice a day and eat a little for supper. and diet bars in between for snacks.i think i will try it.maybe anyway :)

Gia
02-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Miles it looks like we're at the same point in our weight loss. Just wanted to say "hi!"
:)

goalweight160
02-17-2006, 09:34 AM
My understanding is that this cleanse is meant to flush our your system from all the gunk that we eat that clogs it up and one of the benefits is that you lose weight....probably because you are spending so much time in the bathroom ;) It is meant to clean out your intestinal walls from all the preservatives & chemicals that we eat.

I don't think anyone should do this who is just looking to lose weight! I don't know enough about it to take it myself but I've seen some commercials on tv about it lately. Turn on the tv on a saturday morning....you'll probably catch it!

CharlieKay, who is this "diet dr" you're working with? It doesn't sound as though you are eating enough calories! It is my understanding that eating less than 1500 calories per day can put your body into starvation mood so you slow your matabolism way down & esentially it backfires on your attempts to lose weight. Then when you go back to eating a normal amount of calories you gain all your weight back.

Losing weight is not about going on a diet (in my opinion) it is about making healthy long term lifestyle changes. Looking for quick fixes may give you a temporary weight loss, but research shows....the weight will only go back on & with it you could gain even more then what you started with.

charliekay
02-17-2006, 09:59 AM
goalweight- i have no idea how many calories i get,i don't go by calories.i am allowed to eat real food six times a day if i want to.i just chose to do the shakes and bars and then food for supper its easier for me that way. the only thing i am no allowed is a whole lot of carbs,i can have carbs just not alot,my doctor is a real doctor with a degree in nutrition also. my plan kinda goes back to one of the posts i read on here before about hunting and gatherinng. pretty much eat what we would eat if we had to go out and hunt our food for survival.

Danzer5570
02-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Goalweight - you can eat below 1500 calories...dunno where you heard that one. It is safe to eat 1200 calories, sometimes even less than that (if you're short though). I know if I ate 1500 calories every day, I'd GAIN weight because I'm only 5'2". I don't think going below 1500 puts you into starvation mode...I took quite a few nutrition classes, so I know this for a fact. Certainly if you go below a certain point, depending on your height, your body can go into starvation mode, but 1500 isn't the cut-off for most. ;)

charliekay
02-17-2006, 12:45 PM
yes i am five foot even,and i have always been told i am supposed to stay around 1200 calories at the most.

goalweight160
02-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Danzer5570- If you have been to several nutritional classes, you should know that caloric intake is not just based on your height. It is also based on your muscle mass, age, sex, activity level, hormones, etc..... 1200 calories for you may equate to 1800 calories for someone else or 2500 for another.

I was simply trying to reinforce the point that blues4miles was trying to make. Taking a drink for 3 days is not the answer to anyone's weight problems. Drastically limiting calories for a long period of time may not be a healthiest way to lose weight in the long term. We live in a society where most people expect a quick fix or a magic pill that works wonders over night. Those things are not out there.

Here are some great articles for those of you that are interested in becoming educated in safe and healthy ways to lose weight:
http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/0698metabolism.htm
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/46/2731_1670
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0576.html
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/lowlit/weightls.html

charliekay
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
oh well it don't matter,didn't mean to start a fight here :)
all i know is i have 40 pounds to lose before i FINALLY get below 200 and i am determined to get rid of it.
i don't limit calories at all,i don't count calories. she shakes have quite a bit of calories in them and i eat a full supper,so i don't think i am missing out on calories.
my plan isn't a diet its a lifestyle change,so i am not on a fad diet that once i lose it all i am going to go back to eating tons of food and gain it all back again. i am learing how to eat for my system and body and whats right for me.
but once again,did not mean to start a fight here. all i know is that for my body i am supposed to stay at 1200 calories max! but big hugs,lets all be friends :)

Curves4Life
02-17-2006, 05:49 PM
This is an interesting topic and I think it all boils down to every body is different but we all need some of the same things to function properly. If the shakes work for you then great. My question is - what is going to happen when you decide to replace the shakes with food?

Our bodies adjust to what we put it through. If you suddenly fall to 1200 calories per day - initially you will lose weight but eventually your body will adjust to 1200 calories and begin to only MAINTAIN your weight. This is when you will plateau and not lose any weight. The 3 day system you are refering to is simply to cleanse your system from the yucky stuff that the body hold on to. You will be in the bathroom all the time. It is good to cleanse, but if you are not eating enough natural fibers, grains, etc, the gunky stuff will build again. You will continually have to repeat that process.

I too have attended nutrition classes and read countless books and articles. The bottomline is you need to eat healthy, watch your calorie intake and carbs and EXERCISE and this will increase your metabolism which causes the body to lose weight. And don't deprive yourself of anything because it will drive you crazy.

Good Luck everyone!

charliekay
02-17-2006, 07:25 PM
curves4life- hi,yes on the maintaining weight, i have a free day either once a week or every two weeks that way my body is getting different calories and is having different foods,so then when i go back to my diet it works better,yep i know that i would have to do the cleanse ever so often which is fine with me,actually when i went to walmart today i picked up some aloe vera pills that help cleanse out gunk.you take it once a day with a meal perferably supper,i took it tonight and i can tell :) been going to bathroom ever since.but i like that,it feels like its working then,and i am accomplishing what i wanted to.i know its not a quick fix but it gives me a boost. so that makes me happy,appreicate your advice thanks.it means alot.

Intrinsicat
02-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I'd like to add myself to this little goal set - especially since I started doing this on the 14th! Lost two pounds in the first week - hope I can keep it up to make the goal!!

charliekay
02-17-2006, 08:51 PM
intrinsicat-that is great,two pounds in a week! yippie! that is great.

goalweight160
02-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Curves4Life----Thanks for the sensible post---it helps!

Is your name because you are a member of curves????

bmlath4379
02-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Can I still join the challenge? I have just started a new program and a 10 pound goal by March 20 would be great!!

charliekay
02-18-2006, 11:20 AM
of course,come join us please.i can't wait to see how i do on this challenge. being day before my birthday and all,that would be a great birthday gift to myself.

onlinemommies
02-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks, charliekay
I can't seem to type. Can't see too well either. I'm using those cheapo magnifying glasses since my regular ones broke. I fixed the typo

Danzer5570
02-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Goalweight...wasn't trying to start a fight either. I guess people don't like it if someone disagrees with them. But what can ya do :shrug: And yes I have taken quite a few nutrition classes AS WELL AS read NUMEROUS books and articles...just like curves4life. I never said it was *JUST* based on your height....but it IS a very important factor...probably the most important along with age, and that's what makes it vary from person to person. And what I said in my post IS a healthy way to lose weight. Those sites are great...just remember not everything you read on the internet is "fact"...there are a lot of sites out there that have totally different calculations on how to calculate the number of calories each person needs. I took a very scientific- and nutrition-based test, and according to all my stats, I should actually consume LESS than 1200 calories. But the fact that you were saying no one should eat below 1500 calories is not true. And that's just what i was trying to point out. ;)

charliekay
02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
thanks heather,that is my point too,well said :)

readyfreddy
02-19-2006, 10:01 PM
well i didnt lose any weight this week. i went up 1.5 lbs and then got back down. i am hoping next week and the one after i can do 3 lbs each week and still make it to goal! ;) we shall see.

i did stock my fridge with TONS of fruits and veggies today. artichokes, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, mini tangerines, apples, cabbage, fennel etc.

and i made a heatlhy dinner (fennel roasted with pork chops (lean) and cabbage with a teriaki dressing) yum! and i made enough for the next 3 nights.

so plan for this week.

breakfast
1 c. cereal with milk and a later- 350 cals

snack- apple 70 cals

lunch- mini tangerine, chicken sandwhich on sprouted wheat bread (400 cals)

dinner- pork chop, gravy, fenel and cabage) 600 cals (guessing a little high because i used some butter cooking, but about .3 lbs pork and the cabbage has about 60 cals of dressing per serving) (for the first 3 days at least... then somehting new)

1420 cals.

30 mins * 4 days a week on the eliptical! :dizzy:

since i have been doing soo poorly i am hoping to see some major changes.

charliekay
02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
i am starting my cleansing sometime this week i am picking up the stuff today,i can't wait to see the results.

Intrinsicat
02-20-2006, 02:37 PM
The first week I really start a weight loss routine is SUCH a double-edged sword! I started exactly a week ago at 188. I weighed in this morning at 183. It sounds great, 5 lbs! But of course it's mostly that initial water weight loss and having started tracking it at that TOM. So now I know I'm going to flatline for a bit and it's going to drive me CRAZY until the scale decides to move again! But just because I'm sure the scale was tricking me this morning, I'm only moving the weight counter down to 184 here!

But I was very proud of myself this weekend! All my tyke's VDay candy and chocolate sitting all over the house and I didn't touch a piece! Also avoided dessert on a night on the town while everyone else taunted me with theirs!

Weekends are the worst for me - I get that boredom eating thing happening all... day... long.

bmlath4379
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
i have the same problem with the boredom eating mines during the week though, i have class in the morning, then i speand the rest of the day at home.

readyfreddy
02-20-2006, 04:11 PM
yeah big time boredom eater here. on busy days i am just shocked by how i forget to eat....but since i have a routine with school... even when i am busy i have eating built in :( sigh. but hopefully my schedule (ie my eating plan) will let me stop doing that!

goalweight160
02-20-2006, 04:38 PM
But I was very proud of myself this weekend! All my tyke's VDay candy and chocolate sitting all over the house and I didn't touch a piece! Also avoided dessert on a night on the town while everyone else taunted me with theirs!

GREAT JOB!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself for that! I think the best way to win this weight loss game is to take it in small measurable steps!!!

charliekay
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
yep my boredom eating comes on saturday night,i hate the weekends!

charliekay
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
well i did the first day of my cleansing and i have lost 4 pounds so far! yippie.i am not going to change my scale yet until after tomorrow,i hope i see alot more results.

goalweight160
02-23-2006, 11:23 AM
How is everyone doing???? I gained 2 lbs last week because I needed a break from dieting but I am happy to report I have lost that weight plus half a lb this week so far. I weigh in on Mondays so hopefully I will have some good news.

charliekay
02-23-2006, 12:45 PM
goalweight- that is great that u lost those mean ole two pounds,congrates.i hope i see good numbers after this cleansing ritural.

Intrinsicat
02-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Excellent gw160! I think I've lost another 2 pounds or so... Might just start back up at the Y tonight... I brought everything to do it - now it's just going there!

charliekay
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM
i am sooo envious! i can't wait to finally see under 200 pounds :(
that would be a dream come true.

healthy_wanna_b
02-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Just wanted to post because I am excited. I only have 2 pounds left to meet this challenge! Woo Hoo! I think I can handle 2 pouns in almost a month, lol.

Gia
02-26-2006, 03:51 PM
I am pretty excited I've lost 3lbs on this challenge :carrot: Only 7 more to go!

How is everyone else doing?

readyfreddy
02-26-2006, 07:19 PM
charlie- whats the cleansing? im interested :)

im doing okay... when i came here i weighed 138 and now i weigh 137.5 (depending how i stand on my scale, but hey, i'll take it) i put it in but it said that i lost a pound lol. so i have 9 to go!

this week i am FOR SURE adding at least 3 elliptical sessions 30 mins or more.
i have been really good about eating under 1500 cals this past week and eating my veggies, lean protien and fruits. so i feel like my eating is a lot healthier even if it hasnt shown on the scale.

i am hoping to lose 3 lbs this week with the cardio and because i only lost one this past week.

good luck to everyone!

Intrinsicat
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
ACK! I set myself backward this weekend. Popcorn at the movie and cheesecake this weekend. I don't even want to get on the scale tomorrow... I'm beginning to dread the weekends again. :(

charliekay
02-27-2006, 10:53 AM
readyfreddy-its a drink of protein juice,green tea powder,and alera vera.you mix it with a gallen of water and you have to drink two gallens in a day.then second day nothing but my regular protein shakes,i lost almost 10 pounds on it. it jumps starts your metabolism and regulates your sugar.

charliekay
02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
guess what everyone???? i am down in bra size!!!!
i went from a 38d and right now i have on a 36c!!!
i can't belive it!! i am soo excited.

Intrinsicat
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
That is awesome Charliekay! The scale is always nice to read, but I'm always most pleased when I get to see a clothing size go down!

charliekay
02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
me too,i didn't even realize my boobs were smaller :)

goalweight160
03-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I'm down 3 lbs!! Only 7 to go before I am under 200!!!! Yeah!!!

Jworion
03-02-2006, 02:10 AM
ohh count me in! Just the motivation i need!!

charliekay
03-05-2006, 11:13 AM
how is everyone doing? well i have gotten off track,i need motivation to keep losing :(

goalweight160
03-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm down 5 lbs for this challenge, I have 5 to go!!!

readyfreddy
03-05-2006, 03:21 PM
well im going slow but im down 2 lbs. the extra protien seems to help!

charliekay
03-06-2006, 09:03 AM
good job ya'll

goalweight160
03-06-2006, 10:07 AM
ok, spring is 2 weeks away!!! I am sooooo excited! I can't wait for it to be nice out again so that I can get outside & walk with my dog. You can't tell spring is close here in Wisconsin, we got dumped on last night with snow.....I hate that ugly white stuff!!!!

Ok girls....we need to push it....two weeks to hit our goal weight!

healthy_wanna_b
03-11-2006, 10:06 AM
I made it! I'm alittle early but my I made it! I started on 2/14 and this morning's weigh in puts me at exactly 10 pounds lost. Woo Hoo! :D
This is my first time participating in a 3FC mini goal & I am proud of myself.
What's next?!?

goalweight160
03-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah for you Healthy wanna be!!! We still have just over a week to go to meet our goals, and your case exceed them! I still have 5 lbs to go to meet the 10 lb goal, I dont' think I will make it...but I'm not giving up.

The weight is coming off slower than I had hoped but I'm still determined to make it to my goal weight!

lumifan4ever
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
ooooh, i don't want to lose in my cup size. i want to lose a couple inches around, but i like being a "c" cup. i could use losing just a little in my cup, because really, i am always falling out of my "C" cup, but i refused to move up a cup size. I hope i don't lose my "C" cup status!!!

i'm still trudging along to make my goal. still got just 4 more pounds to go to make goal, but i'll keep going!!! I'm not giving up!! :)

goalweight160
03-11-2006, 11:51 AM
lumifan- I see a Green Bay packer fan in your picture....are you from Wisconsin as well? GO PACK!

charliekay
03-15-2006, 10:15 AM
well ya'll i have been off the wagon almost all of this month,and i have to talked to people about my goals and food issues,so now as soon as i get my supplies i am starting the weight watchers,so any help and advice i would really really appreciate it.thanks.

charliekay
03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
p

readyfreddy
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
well i am not going to make it it looks like... i will know more at weigh in on fri. HOWEVER- losing 10 lbs is my goal and I WILL do it! Slow and steady.

Great job to everyone who has met their goals!