Alternachicks - You know you're on a diet when...

View Full Version : You know you're on a diet when...

hannah_phi
02-13-2006, 12:28 PM
You lock your office to go to the bathroom because someone might steal your Luna Bar, but you don't think twice about your purse.:p

MsCrockett
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
When you first start dieting you constantly think you need to buy groceries, with the fear of running out of what you are aloud to eat, Then everyone in the house NOT DIETING, eats all of your food! and you are thinking to yourself( why are they eating this food, they are not dieting, when this is gone I will have to go get more, but they can continue eating anything they want!) But of course not saying a word aloud......

srmb60
02-13-2006, 01:15 PM
When you sit down to lunch and at least one coworker says .... "What is that?"

DeafinlySmart
02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
When a coworker notices your walking and says "are you excercising?" followed by "are you trying to lose weight?"

VelVeeta
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
You drive yourself crazy about what you are eating so much that all you end up doing all day is thinking about food, your next meal and what you really want to be eating.

mauvaisroux
02-15-2006, 10:53 AM
You find yourself smiling and nodding to the lady next to you in the grocery aisle who is reading the labels and using her points calculator :rofl:

You find yourself making recommendations of certain products to other people in the grocery store who are staring at the shelves in a confused way.

You feel all proud of yourself in the checkout line with your cart full of veggies, fruit and other healthy items :) (now the trick is to actually eat the stuff you bought after you get home :lol: )

ajandpj99
02-20-2006, 01:25 PM
When you buy so many nutrition shakes at Walmart that you drive up the price...True story.

I can also relate to Mauv's - I do all that all the time - yes I have had those - no, they taste like dehydrated cardboard, those are good, ooh those are like candy - mmm.

ajandpj99
02-20-2006, 01:30 PM
When you buy so many nutrition shakes at Walmart that you drive up the price...True story.

I can also relate to Mauv's - I do all that all the time - yes I have had those - no, they taste like dehydrated cardboard, those are good, ooh those are like candy - mmm.

kayleystar
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
when you find yourself attempting to come up with a new recipe for HOURS, because you need something NEW TO EAT

kayleystar
02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
and when bacon bits in your salad is a treat!

LockItUp
02-26-2006, 05:00 PM
*love the thread*

When the people at GNC and Hi Health know you by name!

hannah_weeks
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
....you're at the grocery store and your DH looks at the back of everything he puts in the grocery cart saying "WOW -- I get this all to myself don't I? :D " - *lmao* :(

2frustrated
03-03-2006, 08:08 AM
You buy magazines with free chocolate... because free chocolate has no calories ;)

kykaree
03-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Frus did you buy essentials today?? I did that today and ate the chocolate!!!

You know your dieting when.....you get tetchy when the work cafeteria has run out of bananas.

You start dreaming about running races (happened to me last night)

You have strange dreams about your 3FC friends (I dreamt that Frus was 9 months preggers and insisting to her obstetrician that she was ok to do her kickboxing black belt grading the day she was due to give birth)

A treat consists of a whole tray of blueberries rather than half a tray

DeafinlySmart
03-03-2006, 05:38 PM
You feel all proud of yourself in the checkout line with your cart full of veggies, fruit and other healthy items :) (now the trick is to actually eat the stuff you bought after you get home :lol: )

Shopping Carts are INTERESTING! They tell who has kids, pets, who is frugal/spend thrift, organic, nutrition, convience, homemade, etc.

tikanique
03-03-2006, 11:42 PM
You know you are on a diet when eating a lean turkey burger patty and prunes is an okay dinner for you.

Tiki.

mauvaisroux
03-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Totally! While standing in line at the checkout I distract myself from the chocolate/candy displays by looking at other people's carts and imaging what their lifestyles are :lol:

hannah_weeks
03-05-2006, 05:33 PM
....you are proud on those trips to the shop when your cart is full of healthy foods... and embarrassed when you are at the shop with your hubby and kids because the cart is full of 'junk' .... It's like .... 'yeah I am the one with a weight problem....but NONE of this food is mine :( ...'

mauvaisroux
03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
hannah - so true! :lol: I hide my DH's cookie purchase under the produce in the cart. ;)

srmb60
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I look at other people's carts too! Yesterday, I couldn't figure out how one woman was thin or healthy. Yuck!

Once in a while, I just use the handbasket now too. Produce aisle, meat aisle and dairy. DONE!

2frustrated
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
You know you're on a diet when you boredom-eat your way through 3 apples!

delilah
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Cat food stops smelling awful and actually looks like it might be kinda tasty...
Yes. Its awful... But I thought it!

ajandpj99
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
You have company over and realize too late that you have nothing in the house that anyone not on a diet would want to eat...:o

Chubmeister
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
when you find yourself attempting to come up with a new recipe for HOURS, because you need something NEW TO EAT

Buaha!! I totally do this all the time...I've spent hours tryin' to get creative with a can of friggin' tuna. :chin:

You know you're on a diet when even your dog doesn't want what your munching on....

Peace.
crash

Irishowl
03-16-2006, 02:57 AM
You know you're on a diet when you consider Crystal light to be dessert! :lol:

jules1216
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
when you crave a banana for dessert!

mauvaisroux
03-17-2006, 09:54 AM
When you get broccoli cravings :faint: