Old 02-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #1  
Atkins Lover

Default Weekly Chat for Feb. 13th - 19th

Morning to all!
After another bad weekend, it's all good from here on out. I'm gonna do 2 LC Slimfast shakes one for breakfast and one for lunch then a decent supper. I did real well like that before and think that is what I need to do again for awhile. Especially w/this apprenticeship that I am doing right now + just the regular family life. I hope everyone is doing good and that everyone is doing good. Exercise will be some reverse stomach crunches and some bike time tonight. Have a good & OP day friends!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

I had such a nice weekend. It snowed here, and it's rare, and everyone stays home to enjoy it. Seriously, when it's going to snow, people go to the grocery store and then hole up with their families till it melts. It was very quiet w/no traffic, and I just loved sitting curled up in the corner of the couch w/my favorite blankey sipping coffee and watching the snow fall - ahhhhhh, so peaceful.

I've been staying on plan and exercising every day w/o fail, and I'm really beginning to see results. I've been doing Callanetics videos, they're deep muscle work along the line of pillates. There's no strain, no force, no bouncing, no impact, just precise, slow, gentle, movements designed to prevent you from walking for a few days LOL. I added to that a funky video I borrowed from a friend that features fat women doing aerobics - it's fun.

I did weigh a few days ago and update my siggy, but am determined not to weigh and measure and fret very often. My hips, thighs, and behind seem to be slimming down noticeably - just wish my waist and belly would do the same.

That's about all the news from my world, I hope you all had nice weekends and are ready to rock 'n' roll this week!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Bec: Sounds like a very good plan! Does the shakes really fill you up that much? I need a "shake" up from my normal eggs and sausage breakfast.

Tenn: WTG on staying OP and exercising! You're doing great with that! Pass me some of your motivation

Well, I'm feeling better and after this weekend I DEFINITELY have to step this effort up. No more slacking. I know, I've said it before. But this time I've GOT do to that or forever be "stuck" in this body! And then my hopes of a dress for my SIL's wedding will be out the window. OMG!! DH took me into Victoria's Secrets to try on a bra. NO WAY would I spend THAT much! He's GOT to be nuts. Well, after trying on QUITE a few and getting frustrated because they weren't listening (no, I don't WANT pointy, MOUNTAIN ones, I want support and the SQUISH effect). Finally I had enough, put my own bra back on (and of course my shirt!) and told her I just wasn't ready for a sexy bra...and we left. I got myself a nice sports bra from wal-mart
Goal for the day: 64 OZ of water...OP eating...and exercise!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ Im sitting her chuckling v-secret is very expensive BUT its a great place to try on and see what you might like.....I guess you didnt like anything ....your too funny. It seems all the bras have padding, push up thingys in them and make my boobs jiggle alot more than they should!!! I dont think pretty bras, with good support is alot to ask. Good luck in your quest.

Tenn~ sounds like you had a very nice weekend.

Bec~ Im with you and Brenda, I need to get the control back and get back to it.....so Im restarting induction again today.

I got on the scale this morning Why does the weight come back on so much faster than it goes on???????? I dont have the heart to change my siggy, so I think I'll wait until I get the first week of induction under my belt before I change it.

Thats what is happening around here.....have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Robin: I haven't even STEPPED on the scale. Nope, I refuse to!! DH bought me a PINK bra from wal-mart. It's ok..just not something I can wear all the time as most of my shirts are WHITE And yes, it's pretty
Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #6  
Atkins Lover

Brenda~I find the shakes give me energy and are filling. Well, I find that lots of time I do need something to snack on in the am and then mid-afternoon. BUT it isn't anything major and I was reading the can today and it said to do 2 shakes, 2 snacks and a sensible dinner. That is what I am gonna do. With all that I have going on I'm gonna watch my carbs, but not keep them at the 20 mark every day, like tonight I'm having lasagna made w/whole wheat noodles. I need the strength. I just wish I could make lunch my supper, but I want dinner around the table w/the family at night so that is when my big meal will be then I will go and ride the bike while playing dd's gameboy monopoly game. LMAO about the bra story!!!

Tenn~ahhhhhhhh I LOVE snow and we haven't had any since December and I'm in MICHIGAN!!! What's up w/that. LOL

Robin~Sounds like we are all kind of in a slump right now. I'm not weighing myself until the end of the month because I just have eatten so horribly lately and for ONCE don't want to see what I have done to myself. It would just make me run to the fridge and pig out and quit.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Ok this is the third time I am trying this. I keep hitting the wrong button and losing everything.

I love the bra story. We were not made to have pointy boobs or we cold not see the floor. steps up or down, and we would hurt those arond us let alone DH trying to give him a hug.

I am eating OK Mostly OP and drinkins most fo my water. I had a long night today at work and must get going. I will catch you all tomorow.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Bec: I tried a shake for breakfast. I'm hoping for energy

Sue: WTG on staying OP (even if it's mostly)!

There must be a glitch in the system because my screen keeps wiping itself out as well. I managed to stay OP and get my water in. WAHOO! Didn't manage to get exercise in. But maybe today (then again, maybe not). Busy week so not sure when I'll get that in. DH bought me a ring for valentine's day. Not sure how to describe it. I'll try and get a picture of it to show you all in a few days--when things hopefully settle down. DH broke a tooth on a piece of candy last night so I have to go make a dentist appointment for him.
Don't forget your water!!!! Have a great day~
Old 02-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #9  
Susan hockeyfan7

Morning everyone. I think I'm going to have to try the shake thing. My head cold is killing me -- I can't breathe, let alone eat. I feel terrible. I have some protein powder so I'm going to see if I can drink a shake. I have had a terrible week foodwise - I just don't feel like eating anything.

I did make a crustless quiche with ham, eggs, heavy cream, onion and lots of cheese on Sunday. Oh and plenty of butter -- it's yummy. I buttered the pan this time instead of spraying it with Pam and it worked much better.

I tried a cheesecake recipe from South Beach that was low carb and it was yucky. I think I'll try the Atkins one instead although it's a no-cook recipe.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies

Did ok all day up until 10pm, then I caved. I should have just went to bed! I need some

Im not planning on staying op today, but I dont plan to go crazy either.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #11  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

love the will power dust!!!

I've been away for a few days, my aunt passed away and it's been busy. Kind of disgusted that I haven't lost more and am going to start the st.paddy's day challenge and hope everyone jumps on board!!

I really did miss you guys and need to start coming in here when I'm stressed and not avoiding everything...
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #12  
Atkins Lover

Hey all!
I just got home and was checking in. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! I am doing good. I'm not getting in 1/2 my water w/doing this apprenticeship. I'm trying, but to busy. It's gonna have to get worked in as I go. I have had 2 shakes, 1/4c of special k lc cereal and a atkins peanunt butter chocolate bar. Supper is gonna be some meatball stew, it's not lc, but it's ok. Didn't workout last night, but hoping for it tonight. We shall see, that may just have to work itself in also. I'm studying like mad and only getting about 4-6hours of sleep and that is NOT enough for me, but not much else I can do right now. Not gonna be getting into any challenges right now, I know I'm not gonna make it, so I'm just gonna 'hang out' for awhile. Well friends, have a great day.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #13  
Wendy

Hey whats the best news you could get while dieting... finding our your scale is 6 lbs to high and getting a visit from the whoosh fairy.... I had gained back 2 lbs during that TOM but weighed today and lost that 2 plus another 1.... wooohooo I really neede that... Still not adding in the first 10 lbs I don't think I want to admit that I actually weighed that much....

Hope everyone has a great valentines day

Susan I hope you feel better soon I am starting to get some symptoms (Blah)

I am signing up for the St Patty's Day challenge too. i hope I can remember to write down everything I eat.....
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey Coffee what a whoosh. I think I have been whooshed. I am using the scale at work and since Jan 3 I have lost 10 lbs!!! I weigh daily on other scales to judge but the one at work is acurate. (although I still say it lies) I know that it is tested every once in a while and it is true weight. the other ones can be variable so I do not count them. but whooshed for 10 in 1 1/2 months not bad. since I have gained in muscle. I also have decreased my resting heart rate from 80 to 65 good cardio health. and I know I have muscle building up in the legs. so I am very happy.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Well this morning my scale was down another half a pound (after a few attempts and some exercise) 247 now. It will take a while for that to settle in, but I'm pleased to see it moving again. I thought a few days ago that I was going to be stalled for awhile.

The other thing is I put on my size 18 pants and they fit. snuggly, but fit. I was up to a size 22. My lowest weight I was starting to fit into size 16, so being back in my 18s is good.

Today at work I had good news, sort of. My boss asked me if I wanted to go full time. I've been working part time and loving it, but also needing more money to help hubby and I to catch up on the bills. I told him I would be happy to if that is what he decides to do. He has a lady who is working part time, who has just been missing too much work, so I guess he is going to let her go. I've been there every day except for a couple of scheduled days off, so I guess the contrast is noticeable.

Anyway this is going to really help. My daughter has braces on her teeth, because her grandfather offered to pay for them, but my son needs them too, and I've been feeling guilty at not being able to get them for him. So now as soon as our bills are caught up some I can do that for him. Whew! I am pleased.

I've been trying to be very much more conscientious about being adult and responsible and planning our finances so that we can catch things up. I guess it pays to take charge this way.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote