Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Question Perricone Weight-Loss Diet?

Has anyone tried this? It sounds very healthy and I think I am ready for a change.

It is called, "The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet: A Simple 3-Part Plan to lose the fat, the wrinkles, and the years."

There are tons of reviews on this book on Amazon, most of them very good.

Anyone who has tried it?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

We've had at least one thread on the Perricone diet in the past here in DIW. Perricone's appearance last year on Oprah and his endorsement of green tea as a weight loss miracle was the start of another thread.

My take on this? Probably about the same as I wrote in the threads above. I know his products are very high priced and he is very highly regarded as a dermatologist, but how that translates into weight loss expertise...I've no idea. I've yet to read his book, but from what I've heard he's not really saying anything that dozens of other books and sources haven't already said - cut the calories, eat healthy foods, etc. and you'll lose weight. As I've said, it's not a big secret or anything!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #3  
will_b_healthy

I have started this diet and I am having great success. Dr Perricone is a dermatologist and a research scientist. He found that the same food that help with aging and sagging skin will also cause a significasnt wt loss that is safe. No only am I losing wt but my skin and hair look great. The supplements he recommend you can get at any health food store or even Walmart.
Closed Thread