LA Weight Loss - Need help with other bars besides Lites.

slecompte
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I have been using the Lites, I love Carmel and Peanut Butter, but tried the Luna because my husband is losing his job, so wanted something a little cheaper.

Anyhow, I had the Nutz over Chocolate Luna and just didn't care for it at all!! I missed my Lites :( Never thought I would say that when I had first eaten them :p

Anyhow, it seems the Luna or Pria complete are the closest so far. I know others have recently mentioned the Dr Soy bars.

As far as taste goes, what is the cloest to the 2 flavors above?

Thank you!

Sheila

marbear
02-13-2006, 12:43 AM
Luna makes a peanut butter cookie that is VERY good. It tastes a little like nutz over chocolate, but I think it is less chemicallly and more peanutty, plus the coating is a peanut butter coating, not chocolate. The caramel version of Luna is Dulce De Leche, but if you like the flavor caramel, you can also try sweet dreams (it has caramel in it I believe) and Caramel Apple (sometimes you can find it on ebay...it's discontinued and I hate it, but I hate caramel). I've never tried the Dr Soy, but I hear they are good.

On pria complete nutrition, I think they only come in mint chocolate crisp, peanut butter chocolate crisp, and french vanilla crisp. I could be wrong. I LOVE the prias, but lunas are easier for me to find cheap on ebay.

hoodj0080
02-13-2006, 01:36 AM
I didn't like Dr. soy, but I like Luna. Much cheaper, and I think they taste better when you freeze them. My favorite flavor is chocolate pecan pie:)

hoodj0080
02-13-2006, 01:40 AM
On a side note, I'm glad someone besides me thinks luna is good for you. no one else I know will eat soy, so I get no feedback on them:)

marbear
02-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, you and I need to get together, b/c I have several chocolate pecan pie in my freezer and we could do a trade :lol: I hate 'em, but then again I don't like pecans. Do you eat your lunas frozen? I've almost knocked teeth out trying that.

The lunas are good in the micro (heated frosting side up) if you're really in the mood for a change. One day I was really in the mood for a warm piece of something sweet, so I did that and liked it.

Mary

DeafinlySmart
02-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm new to nutrition bars. So far Luna is the only one I like. I might not have eaten it if I had seen the word soy (just because I'm afraid of the unknown), but I like it. I don't care for the nutz over chocolate one. I LOVE the peanut butter one. I also like cookies and creme and smores. Not as much as I like the peaut butter one, but they are good. I haven't tried la lites, so I can't compare. I also like that I only have to enter it into fitday once. All of luna bars have the same nutrient info.

emmysmom
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Peanut Butter Lunas are my favority, but I do like the lites better. Mary, I do the same thing...microwave frosting side up...very yummy!

shennie_97
02-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Shelia, sorry to hear about DH loosing his job.

I am a stricly lemon lite girl so I am not much help in this category, but i will be praying for you and DH.

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I love the sweet dreams and there is a new one that is a little more chocolately called Chocolate brownie - I heat both of these as well as the nutz over choco and the choc. pecan pie and drink FF milk with them at night - makes me feel like I'm having a brownie. I like the peanut butter cookie and the carmel one(not quite my favorite anymore). Most of the choco covered ones are really good heated - I didn't like the N - over choco until I heated it - totally changed my opinion........