Old 02-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #1  

Default Fitday paid version?

Does anyone use the Fitday paid version? Is it worth the $20? I was looking at it, and I have to say I'm impressed with all the different things you can keep track of and all the nifty graphs & stuff. I've used the online version a few years ago and I really liked it, but it would be nice to litterally have everything in one place & on my computer.

Also, when you enter a food item, how can you enter how much water/moistuer is in? I tried playing around with it today and it just wouldn't cooperate. I'm not talking about moisture in a regular food item, but in something like a meal replacement drink. Any tips?

Thanks....and I'll probably be back with more questions as I get started back using FitDay again
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #2  

I have Fitday PC. I lurve it. I like the calendar and all the reports. I am a sucker for the numbers and I think my favorite kind of pie is of the chart variety.
As far as the water... Maybe instead of one serving you could put in 12 fl oz?
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i think its well worth the money!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #4  

definately worth the money!
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #5  

I think you guys convinced me I'm a sucker for those pretty graphs & pictures....and I just can't remember enough to do them Open Office-lol

I tried the fl oz trick too, but that didn't work either...maybe with the paid version I'll have more options or something. I hate to have to remember to add x-amount of water, along with the meal replacement...but I really want to keep a good daily tally.

Are good tips or tricks I should know for getting started?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #6  
Sweet Success

Default Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineu
Does anyone use the Fitday paid version? Is it worth the $20? I was looking at it, and I have to say I'm impressed with all the different things you can keep track of and all the nifty graphs & stuff. I've used the online version a few years ago and I really liked it, but it would be nice to litterally have everything in one place & on my computer.

Also, when you enter a food item, how can you enter how much water/moistuer is in? I tried playing around with it today and it just wouldn't cooperate. I'm not talking about moisture in a regular food item, but in something like a meal replacement drink. Any tips?

Thanks....and I'll probably be back with more questions as I get started back using FitDay again
I just bought mine today and downloaded it. I really do like it better then the web version. It seems easier to work with to me.

The only bad part is I wish I could down load what I was already working with from the web. Did not see no such. So I had spent most of the day putting in about 5 days worth of data into it.

Other then that? As a calorie counter, it is every bit worth it!

Not sure how to answer your second question. Then again I am a newbie to it. Someone on here had to tell me how to add the vitamin supplements in.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #7  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I recommend if you have the extra 10 dollars go ahead and get it mailed to you too...just in case your computer crashes you will have the cd to download it again...

but I love the fitday pc, like everyone else the calendar is probably the best feature to me, because you can customize what you see...I chose the calories eaten vs calories burned on my calender and anytime you updated your weight it will show on your calendar.....believe me I searched the whole web to see if there was another program for about the same price...and there really isnt!
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #8  

I figured out the water issue- when I entered it as a custom food on the PC version, I put in the amount of water in ounces on the ingrediant tab and it works

As for getting a CD copy, as long as you have a CD or DVD burner, you should be able to make a copy of the file you originally downloaded to keep as a backup....making sure to write your key# on it too. The only reason that wouldn't work is if you had your computer install it dirrectly from Fitday, instead of downloading it and then installing- I use to do that with a lot of Freeware & Shareware stuff, but I got tired of having re-download every time I redid my computer or if I wanted to put something on my laptop.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #9  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I've really been considering getting the PC version (I've been using the online version for about a week now), but had a few questions.

1) Can you link the PC version to this site? Like, if you wanted to have it in your signature or if you wanted some feedback as to your day?

2) Does it allow you to make "meals"? I know Nutridiary does, but I didn't find that program as intuitive for me as Fitday is. On the other hand, it would be nice to just input Kashi Breakfast (for example) and have it automatically know that means milk.

3) Does it allow you to make "regulars"? I have water (and coffee and chewing gum for that matter) virtually every day. It would be nice if I didn't have to input it every day. If I just had to update the quantity.

4) How long do the Custom and Recent categories last? I went through and added some Custom foods which I then didn't eat again for about a week. Horror of horrors, they were GONE!!! . I'd love for them to be permanent once I input them. How does it work in the PC version?

So many questions...
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a question, too. If I get the PC version, does it upload to the web? Reason being I have one PC at work and another at home - I need to be able to update from either. I saw the post about having to input a weeks worth from the free version...it sounds like maybe no, but I thought I'd ask.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote