Old 02-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #1  

Default Tracking Losses

Question: If I don't weigh myself at all (no scale in sight), but measure for tracking progress, how should I stay upbeat when I don't know if I'm losing all month? Cause measuring once a week, unlike weighing, isn't gonna show me progress. It's hard to wait a whole month to see if I'm doing anything right! Advice?
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  

Pay really close attention to how your clothes fit. I can often tell a difference in my pants a week or two before even the scale registers a significant loss. Also, always be really honest with yourself about your diet and exercise. You KNOW whether or not you are doing all that you should be and, if you are, rest assured that it is working!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #3  

Yeah, I guess exercising everyday and staying under my calorie limit should help me realize it's not like I'm going to get bigger doing that, lol. It just sucks not to have something to update once a week like with weighing yourself. Maybe I should look into buying a scale......but I got discouraged with that...I weighed every few hours - obsessive, lol - and went off track when I went up a pound. Maybe I'll just have to force myself to only weigh once a week if I buy one.
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  

I don't own a scale, either. What works for me is to weigh myself at the YMCA, where I go to work out. They also have a scale at my grocery store, but it is right by the front door, and people are constantly walking past. It is a HUGE scale with a GIANT display, so anyone within 10 feet would be able to read your weight. The one at the gym is in the women's locker room. Much better.

Even if I was not able to weigh at all, the mirror and the way my clothes are fitting would be reassurance enough.
frugalmom is offline   Reply With Quote