South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Did we really want to know this?

From my MSN.ca
Quote:
CHICAGO (AP) - McDonald's french fries just got fatter - by nutritional measurement.

The world's largest restaurant chain said Wednesday its fries contain a third more trans fats than it previously knew, citing results of a new testing method it began using in December.

That means the level of potentially artery-clogging trans fat in a portion of large fries is eight grams, up from six, with total fat increasing to 30 grams from 25.
Jeez, if you can't trust Macdonalds, whom can you trust? No wonder their fries taste so good - not that I've had them for years.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh fer crying out loud..... If MickyD's is higher I can only imagine Burger Kings must be out the roof. BK's fries has that funky coating on it so that it absorbes more oil.

I don't eat them either Ruthie but its good to know b/c every once in a while my DD will ask for Micky D's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #3  

My son won't even eat the fries at fast food places. He gets the apple dippers at McD's but he doesn't dip them in the caramel sauce, he just eats them plain. I used to love the fries at McD's but they always tore up my stomach. I don't do well with saturated and trans fats. - which is a very food thing
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #4  
Meg

How about this?

Quote:
McDonald's french fries contain "wheat and milk ingredients" that could pose problems for people who have allergies to these substances, a report in the Wall Street Journal said Monday.
Full story here.

Wheat and milk ingredients? In french fries?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yuck!

My sister worked at MickyD's in HS and said that the secret ingredient that made them taste so good was sugar! I mean actual granulated sugar...they'd shake it on with the salt at the end. Oy! As if they don't have enough simple carbs all on their own???

I smell the food there sometimes and feel tempted...for a second. Then I remember what I saw and read in "Super Size Me" and "Don't Eat This Book!" and I can't even imagine it. Blech!!!

On the other hand, I've been known to have a sweet potato fry in a restaurant once in a while...and I'm sure they aren't low in fats...
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

My husband is addicted to McD's fries...I think he was born in a vat of oil he loves fried food so much. I will have to let him know this, ever seen supersize me?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote