The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  
DIVA

Smile Which workout video do you prefer???? HELP

I keep hearing everyone talk about the Biggest Loser workout video and Jillian's series of videos. Which do you all prefer?

I want to order one soon and I am not sure which one to use. I like cardio and something that will challenge me.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Curves4Life....I only have the BL DVD, so I can't do a comparison. But I love my DVD! You will definitely feel the difference!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

You can go to collagevideo.com and search for jillian michaels and you will be able to view a 60 second clip of her dvd's, i think her dvd's would be for more advanced people...ive never tried them but just seeing her way of training on the show im guessing they would tough but i could be wrong lol I'd like to get the biggest loser dvd as well but I havn't found anywhere to view a clip of it and I dont want to buy something I wont like lol I will probably end up buying it anyway though!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

I have both Jillian and the Biggest loser dvd's! I must say that Jillian's are tough.........but so is the biggest loser one. Jilian's are up with weights and then down on the floor and then up again.............and with bob...........its up or down............no up down up down............if that makes sense. I like both of them because they are both challenging to me................so...........i guess i wasn't really any help...........lol!! Good luck in deciding!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #5  

Collage also has a 60 second preview of The Biggest Loser DVD.

I have them both, but so far I have only done workout 1 (Low Intensity Cardio) from the Biggest Loser DVD. It was surprisingly tough. I have previewed the rest of the workouts on this DVD and they look great. I'm very pleased with this purchase and I think this DVD offers lots of options and room to grow as I get stronger and fitter.

I just received Jillian's workouts yesterday (I got the 5 DVD set from amazon - their price was better than Collage's) and so far I have only had time to preview one of them - Shape Up Front - but it looks tough. I think I'm going to like it - if it doesn't kill me. I think I'm going to be pleased with this purchase as well.

From what I understand, 4 of Jillian's DVDs are done in a circuit format alternating exercises so that your heart rate stays up. Her Cardio Kickbox workout is supposed to be more of a cardio workout.

I probably will start with the Biggest Loser DVD and use that for a few weeks before I try to add Jillian's workouts in.

Hope this helps some.

~Sissy B
Old 02-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

For me personally I just like bob's style better. i dont like Jillians harsh in your face kinda way...if that makes any sense. I just love the biggest loser dvd, it kicks your butt, like someone else said, it looks easy but its NOT!