Weight Loss Support - Who do you want to look like?

View Full Version : Who do you want to look like?

cheerio
02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Does anyone have someone specific they want to lose weight to look like?

Mine is "Fleur" on the 4th Harry Potter movie! :lol: She's the girl who competes in the tournament, you know? She looks so dang cute in the little track suit whe wears at the end. It would be so fun to look that cute in something! I don't need to be nearly as skinny as her, but she inspires me with her cuteness.

Anyone else?

Christine

la3y_un1c0rn_37
02-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Pick any women out of the victoria secret catalog....lol

MiaManning
02-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Well I really don't like saying I wanna look like someone in particular, but I totally get what you mean! Let's see, I would say, the people whose bodies I would love to have, J-lo, Britney Spears(pre-pregnancy), Beyonce, Oh, there's this girl on my Shape magazine that is my current motivational pic, FEBRUARY edition. Oh what is he name?...I forgot, but she looks so cute on the cover and she has such a beautiful, motivating smile,as if to say, "I'm pretty but I don't act suck up, and you can have the same body I have!"

srmb60
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Marg Helgenberger

GreatBigMonsterMomma
02-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Mia Tyler (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/mt/mt13.jpg). Not Liv. Mia. No desire to look like a half-starved supermodel here.

alinnell
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Arms like Jenna Elfman and legs like Gwen Stefani. In other words, I want to be IN SHAPE!

RobinW
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
I want arms like our Meg, a back like our Ilene's, a rear like the girl I seen at the airport, that had such a great butt, both women and men were looking!! :lol: and I want my old legs back, awesome muscle tone, and no jiggle.

jumpd
02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
No one that I can think of...I just want to have a cute little bod. My boyfriend would not care if I lost another ounce...but when we first started dating he used to tell me I had a nice hourglass shape with a tiny (well, smaller) waist and a cute little set of hips & perky boobs...I was around 160lbs then. He doesn't say those things like he used to.

lumifan4ever
02-09-2006, 04:38 PM
i don't really know. hadn't given it much thought. i just want to look skinny. but with some meat. i don't want to be as thin as i was as a teenager... 5'5 and only 100 pounds. i guess maybe more like angelia jolie's body type.

MorticiaAddams
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I could go for Selma Hayek.
http://gamera.unas.cz/pix_celebs/salma_hayek_1.jpg

Lafayette
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Man, I'd go with Selma Hayek although I just am not built to be curvy. I don't even get hips when I gain weight (Believe me, I've tried it!).

I want to look like Jane Wiedlin from the Go-Go's or Anna Faris from Scary Movie. I was a healthy, fit size 4 less than 2 years ago! What happened???

AquaChick
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I want to look like me, but I want to look like me at my fullest potential. Healthy, trim, stylish... I want to look like a woman who takes care of herself... not just outwardly, but with that look of good health. I hope I can pull it off. :p

icmethinner
02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Alison Krauss

Psychego
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Like Jesse Metcalfe...

Lafayette
02-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I would also go for any of the surfer girls' bodies in Blue Crush!!! Not a lot of waves in my neck of the woods, though! Or warm weather...

blues4miles
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
This thread is a bit inspiring. I was sitting here trying to think of actresses I liked, but I realized they are all WAY too skinny! Even Angelina Jolie (no offense to the person who brought her up, I thought of her first too) was probably most curvy in Tomb Raider and even then probably still too thin all over, but we'll see. Kind of a bit of a confidence boost to realize I like myself now better than some of those starved looking actresses.

formyheart
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Wow, some of you have really great look likes.
I would want to be a cross between Selma H. and Mariah Carrey.
I have curves. I have never seen anything else. Ha Ha.
Well the roles too.
JH

x0xmelissax0x
02-09-2006, 07:06 PM
kahlen Rondot from America's Next Top Model. She's absolutely gorgeous. I would love to be a model.

kayleystar
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I really have no desire to look like anyone famous. I just want to be a thinner version of myself. My goal weight is 200 pounds, and unfortunately, I have no hips, so I won't be too curvy...unless something evens out! My boyfriend doesn't care about the way I look, and really doesn't care if I lose another pound! I'm not out to be SKINNY by any means. Perhaps once I reach my main goal, I'll keep working at it, and get under it. But like I said, I would be PERFECTLY happy at 200 lbs.

annk
02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I think Reese Witherspoon looks great. But I'll keep my (thinner) face!

Ann :)

Yoyonomore
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I echo that I'm happy with me--just weighing less. I used to want to look like people with perfect teeth--but I finally got my teeth fixed. Now I just want to lose weight so my body matches my smile! :-)

SherryA
02-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I want to look like Her:http://groups.msn.com/Noexcusesweightlossforum/sherrysalbum.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=214

I wish I knew how to import it here rather than post a link, but I'm not sure how to do that. Anyway that was what I looked like at 17. I want that body back.

MandiMarie
02-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Gorgeous, Sherry!

I want to look like Cameron Diaz, she's not starved-skinny but she's fit and toned.

Dreamer85
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I personally loved toned and proportioned bodies. I would love to look like Jillian from the biggest loser, or Michelle Berger (www.michelleberger.com)

crk05
02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Probably just myself but thinner!
If I could look like a celeb, I'd want to look like Reese Witherspoon - just so pretty and wholesome!

Brytax
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM
i would kill to look like peta wilson (la femme nikita). shes beautiful, and toned, not scrawny.

LLV
02-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Why do so many of you want to look like other people?

This thread is a huge reminder that none of us are happy with ourselves. And it's a little sad :(

kathyhegg
02-10-2006, 05:10 AM
I'd like to have a figure similar to Jillian from the Biggest Loser too. Nicely toned but not boney.

kykaree
02-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I want to look like Keira Knightley or Uma Thurman, yeah at 5 foot four that's really gonna happen :D

Seriously I like me the way I look now, especially my upper body, and I can't wait to look like a better version of me!!!

Hubby thinks I am going to look like Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2, you gotta be happy with the :);)

fatgirlnomore!
02-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Aquachick took the words right outta my mouth LOL

josie4
02-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Who do I want to look like? Only myself.

ledom
02-10-2006, 07:44 AM
I always thought I would look like Christine Lahti if I were thin and she is the closest I can come to in terms of a body to apsire to that fits my particular body type. Jillian Michaels if I were 20 years younger.

Altari
02-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm working towards Lucy Lawless's body. She's strong and proportioned just right.

FL_Chickie
02-10-2006, 08:13 AM
How embarrassing is it that I don't know what my body type really is under all this fluff? I'm not sure who would be my "role model" per se, but I'm really curious as to what I'll look like after another 60 lbs or so. I wouldn't mind looking like Alyssa Milano or the girl that replaced Shannon Dougherty in "Charmed" but realistically, I don't see that happening. I could be wrong though -- maybe there's a sexy mama just waiting to erupt!

MiaManning
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, her name was Josie Maran:dizzy: !

(continuation from my post yesterday)

LadyFirelyght
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I LOVE Jennifer Morrison (Cameron from the show House) and I've been told I look somewhat like Renee Zellweger. I dunno, I just want to be 100% comfortable in my own skin :)

LynneA
02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Realistically, I want to look like myself about 5 years ago. I was a bit more toned then and a UK size 14.

I'll be aiming for that ;) .

Dreamer85
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't think anyone facially wants to look like someone else, I think theres nothing wrong with looking at someone for motivation, I just love those women for their muscle tone. I think they look incredibly healthy, without looking unhealthy. I'm obviously happy with myself, and I'm striving to change the things I'm not in a healthy mannor.

rysmommy
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I too can't wait till i looked about 3 years ago i have goals to look like the old me, that I loved! All though when it comes to a body i like or a figure i wouldn't mind having I'd choose Jessica Simpsons in a heart beat! she's got a killer body! But I don't want to look like her i want to look like me! she just has a nice bod lol ;)

kayemu
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Honestly, no one in particular. I just want to be able to fit in a bikini and draw admiring as opposed to mocking stares. I want to *feel* sexy when I put on my clothes... I've always wondered what it felt like for some women to feel sexy every single time you get dressed.

Kaye

Curves4Life
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I want to keep my face because I think I am pretty cute, but I would like Oprah's body. It's been through alot - just like mine - to get to where she is now.

nicnacmd7
02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
me myself and I pre kids of course!!!!lol......My hubby told everone i was very renaissance looking, I mean he still think i do but i know when i tipped in on the scale just below 300lbs.their was NOTHING renaissance about me it was all just fat!!!lol....But i would love to be back in to my old self,, i was very happy then, and I loved my look, i am not designed to be "skinny"

Wide in Winnipeg
02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
MY face but with Demi Moore's body in that Army movie!!!! That was a nice body!:) Vert ripped!

Fat Melanie
02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I want to look like the white Tyra Banks.. body wise. Tyra has a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL face but my face doesn't look like hers. Everyone tells me I am pretty (but I'm sure they're thinking, if only she lost some weight...) so I want to look like me, only fit and toned and a body like Tyra's. She's got hips, I've got hips, when I was younger I had a very good figure.

jen1121
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
well well, i think the person that i would want to look like when i am skinny is scarlett johansson. she has the best body in the whole world and her confidence and self esteem make her so attractive to both males and females. plus, her birthday is a day after mine :) the day not the year haha, or you know gisele bundchen (my avatar) wouldnt be bad either lol

RobinW
02-10-2006, 04:34 PM

This thread is a huge reminder that none of us are happy with ourselves. And it's a little sad :(

I dont look at it "looking like other people" I want the same certain features that Meg and Illene have. It is a goal that I know I can obtain.

Not happy with myself....of course not, or I wouldnt be making these changes.

But I think ....and Im not going to speak for everyone....that its certain features, and looks that we want. Not for me anyway....is to look like so & so.

I dont think its sad, its wonderful!! We are making the changes we need to make to get to the goal and prize we see at the end of this struggle.

Picture what you want, how you see yourself....keep that picture in your mind, and you will reach what you want! Believe it and it will happen.

srmb60
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I honestly thought this whole thread was just in good fun.

I chose Marg Helgenberger because she's about my age. Looks good for an old lady ;) She spins, lifts weights, does yoga, is interested in healthy foods. It's not so much her, but what she represents for women (our age) who may feel that this healthiness is beyond their grasp now.
I didn't think this was a thread along the lines of .... if you could have unlimited plastic surgery who would you be reconstructed as ...

susie_sunshine
02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
I want to look as healthy as I feel. So I guess I want to look like me, only sleaker!

BigBen'sHotMama
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I want to look like Jessica Simpson but that will never happen so I will be happy with weighing 140/150lbs

GreatBigMonsterMomma
02-11-2006, 03:19 AM

I tend to say I want to look like Mia Tyler because I sorta do. We've both got dark hair, full lips, and real curves (not vague skinny-chick curves like Angelina Jolie or some other size-4 celeb).

That and I think she's hot. She's totally my girl-crush.

I wouldn't mind looking like Allison Krauss either, but I'd really love to sound like her.

pumpingiron
02-11-2006, 08:52 AM
I just want to look like me prepregnancy! I'm disgusted at how I took that for granted when I was fit. Now I would appreciate it so much more, and love my body!

Sheila53
02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
My water aerobics instructor. She's tall, like me, and has a nice, normal, toned body.

maegdaeien
02-13-2006, 12:29 AM
In the movie version of my life, I would totally want Kate Winslet to play me-- but before she became skinny and blonde. I'm talking "Titanic"-era Kate!

mocha74
02-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Not anyone in particular. I just want to be a better, much thinner me!!! I want nice toned arms, a flat stomach and great thighs. Not too big and not too small :)

Fat in Hong Kong
02-13-2006, 03:05 AM
I'll go for Catherine Zeta-Jones ... slim but with curves in all the right places ... wouldn't want to be a stick insect! But if I can't be her, I'd be more than happy to be myself, how I was when I got married:)

dawnie89
02-13-2006, 05:12 AM
I don't know if anyone outside the UK knows who she is but I think Martin MCutcheon has a fantastic body (see Avatar). She still has curves and a little waist, I'm no fan of hers but she looks great in a bikini. I'd still want my own face and personality though as that's what my bf fell in love with :)

Karma27
02-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Everyone needs a little inspiration for this journey. A little nudge to help us reach the goal line. That being said.
I am a very curvy woman and I embrace my curves.. I used to be shaped like an hourglass, I am still shapely, sadly... the new shape I have taken is round..I am working to change that. So the body types that I look at for inspirational puposes only are bodies like these:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Amaya78/ce7a1b1b.jpg