WW Clubs and Groups - Fabulous Forties #64

View Full Version : Fabulous Forties #64

Hi everybody. I thought I would start the new thread.
How is everyone doing?
I know Myra is doing just fine today. :cool:
Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Terri :wave:

I am just doing this to bring this thread to be above # 63. :lol: I am anal retentive.

Have a great Thursday!
Terri

mpinkham
07-19-2001, 06:20 AM
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Myra

Jenny523
07-19-2001, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone,

Aren't new cars great, Essie? Yours sounds very cool with a cd player and sunroof! It's nice that you were able to give your old one to David. Enjoy!

Did I miss something? When Terri said she knew Myra was having a good day.....maybe I skipped reading something. Or perhaps it's just that she's so OP and feeling wonderful about herself, and deservedly so! :D

We're in a week of very hot muggy weather. I've got the boys here now, we're heading out for the mall soon. Brandon loves to ride the "moving stairs" ; I'm buying him some outfits for school, he starts kindergarten this fall.

will check in later...
~Jen

mpinkham
07-19-2001, 10:54 AM
Probably my loss. I lost 1.4 this week.

Yes, I meant your loss Myra! Congrats on a great loss.

Congrats on your car Essie. That is so :cool:
David is lucky to have you as a mom.

Jen,
That is so cute.
My youngest started calling them "lazy steps". :lol:
I love the things that come out of kid's mouths. They are priceless.

Hope y'all have a great op day.

Joyce
07-19-2001, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Essie the car sounds really nice. I would love a sun-roof but my husband has a thing about them.

Myra - 1.4 pounds is fantastic. Congratulations.

Jen - Hope you have fun at the Mall. At least it's cool inside.

I have been busy today helping hubby with his work. Nothing much going on here. When it gets hot I start hybernating. :lol:
I'm cooking the chesse lasagna recipe from WW tonight. Hope it turns out good. Well I've got to go. Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone.

Take care.
Joyce

Jenny523
07-20-2001, 12:06 PM
Myra,
great loss, again! You're doing it. :D

~Jen

mpinkham
07-20-2001, 02:24 PM
I just joined a farm CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) fairly locally here where you pay for a share of what the farm grows (both vegetable and herbs) and pickup your portion weekly throughout the growing season. I did this a few years ago when I lived in the Catskills and didn't think there were any CSAs here, but just found out about this one and I am really psyched. The one that I belonged to previously was an organic farm. This one is low spray so it is almost as good. I can't wait to see what I get in my share this week. It is so exciting.

That is wonderful Myra! I love when I find things that will really help. Congrats!
Hi everybody.
Terri

Jenny523
07-20-2001, 10:47 PM
Myra, I think it's great that you support locally grown organic gardens. Joe and I have gardened without chemicals for many years. We compost, and mulch, never, ever use chemicals of any kind. I really believe that it's important to keep the land (our yard, at least) as natural as possible. Plus it's a good feeling to know that we can pick something and eat it without having to wash it off first, which comes in handy when it comes to the kids in the garden. I hope you enjoy the fruits of the gardens you join.

We're in a hot spell,, in the 90's, verrrrry humid. Wish our pool was ready! ;)

How is everyone?

Have a good weekend!

~Jen

Essie,
Glad to hear you are loving the car! Congrats!

Well we all lined up again and I weighed everyone.
We all lost.
Terri- lost 2.5#
Bruce- lost 1.5#
Brittany-lost 1.5#
Brandon- lost 1.5#
Bradley- lost 1.5#

Bradley started practicing soccer this week so he lost some from being more active. He eats very well. I do not buy him special things that noone can have. He loves the skinny cows and lowfat chips so he is fine. He wanted to be in on the weighing. My goal for him is to stay like he is and grow with his height and not have a weight problem. He was starting to get a pooch. I explained to him that he didn't need to lose and he said good but he wants to weigh to be like us. He wants to not gain to much to fast. He is pretty smart for 8. LOL

Terri

mpinkham
07-21-2001, 04:12 PM
Wow! Your whole family is as amazing as you are!

Myra

Thanks! They are good bunch. They are still motivated. We compliment the kids a lot and they like that. It keeps them going I think. that is what I love about ww. I don't have to deprive the kids of fun stuff. They are learning portion control and I think they will think about what goes in their mouths the rest of their lives. Even if they are not actually dieting.
You are amazing too Myra. You are a fighter and that is what this takes. Good luck again this week.
Terri

Jenny523
07-21-2001, 11:24 PM
Terri, congrats to your entire family! It's so great that they're learning good portion control now...it will stay with them as they get older. And they'll have you to thank.

Myra, I'm so glad that you're doing well. :D You sound great.

Essie, what color is your new car? I've got a baby shower tomorrow for a niece. I prefer those over wedding showers, I get jealous seeing all the new stuff when mine is old! LOL

Matthew went home today with his mom; Brandon stayed an extra day till tomorrow. We went to a "taste" of a suburb, were supposed to see Lonnie Brooks (blues guitarist) but a huge storm was nearby so they cancelled it. :(

Hope everyone is well.

Dianne, is Alana back from Italy yet? Joyce, HI !
:wave:
~Jen

Thanks Jen. That is so sweet! Enjoy your grandbaby.

Terri

Thanks Essie. When I was little I always said I wanted to name all my kids with names beginning with BR. because of a family I knew. Then I met BRuce. Fate I say. :lol:
So sorry about the Bridal shower. That is sad.
I am having a pretty good Sunday so far. Hope yours is good.

decemberdianne
07-22-2001, 12:47 PM
Hello my buddies :wave:

How is everyone on this beautiful Sunday - I'm being really lazy. Willie is working and I'm playing :D

Terri - congrats to you and your crew - you are all doing a great job with the program.

Jen - Alana still has a whole week to go in Italy - I'm missing her like crazy, and that's knowing she'll be back in another week, imagine when she leaves next month:( But she's having a great time, she called yesterday from Florence. They went to a club the other night and she met a boy. So, I asked her if he spoke english and she said "yeah, he's from minnesota":lol: She had to go all the way to Italy to meet a boy from minnesota!

Oh, Jen - did you mention going to see Aron Neville??? Was that you? If so, did you go and if you did, how was it? I remember in high school his song "tell it like it is" - OMG, I fell in love with his voice and he still "got it" like they say.

Myra - Way to go, you really sound up-beat:smug: I've got to get back on track now that vacation has been over for a week!

Essie - congrats on the new car, you go girl! Our '91 cluncker finally kicked the bucket in May and we got a new car - Buick Classic Century Sedan (or something like that - I never know the name of a car) All I know is its burgundy cause I mentioned to Willie that I really liked that color for a car - rich looking. So when he went to "just look" with our friend, he came home that night and told me to look out the window, and then handed me the keys:) Soooooooooo :cool: I'm sure David must be thrilled to have his "new" car too, that was really great of you.

Hey Joyce, hope you are doing well and nothing else has broken down - what a hassel!

Well, guess I should get my butt in gear and do something around this house. We are going out tonight for a concert by the river - should be nice. Talk to you all soon, have a great rest of the weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne

Thanks Dianne! Missed ya.
:wave:
Terri

Joyce
07-22-2001, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Sounds like everyone has been really busy. The cheese lasagna recipe was good. It makes so much that I froze part of it. There are only 2 of us and it goes a long way.

Diane - We've managed two weeks with nothing breaking. :lol:

Terri - You'll are doing fantastic! Keep it up. My cousin had a thing for names that begin with a K she named all of 3 her daughters with names beginning with a K.

Myra - I think that the CSA sounds great. Fresh vegetables always taste so much better. We grow a garden like Jen. I also can and freeze the vegetables & fruit.

Jen - We don't use any pesticides either. This year the grasshoppers have been so bad though. I don't know what to use. Have any suggestions. They are eating everything in the garden.

Well just checking in. Have a great week.
Joyce

Jenny523
07-23-2001, 12:16 PM
Hi girls :wave:

Joyce, grasshoppers! I wouldn't know what to do if we had them. We're bothered by earwigs (yick) and slugs (yuck), but they usually don't ruin too much. Where did you get the recipe for the WW cheese lasagna?

Essie, too bad about the shower :( a bride deserves it to be a special day. The baby shower for my niece yesterday was nice. It's her 2nd child, 3 rd husband :rolleyes: but she's a favorite niece, my goddaughter. It's the first baby in his huge Italian family, both sides, and it's a boy (Vincente Giuseppe will be his name) so they went all out. Good food and delicious homemade Italian cookies :) Funny how our Irish-German side of the family absolutely loves Italian food!!!

Dianne, too funny about Alana meeting a guy from MN...isn't that what we always hear about....travel halfway around the world and meet someone from home. Glad she's having a good trip. And yes, Aaron Neville was great....he closed the show with "Amazing Grace", everyone was thrilled. I've been lucky enough to meet him twice (hanging around the stage door like a groupie...Joe just shakes his head and smiles), and he's very nice.

Terri, Anita, HI

They're delivering the pool today :D :D we're one step closer to swimming!

later,
~Jen

Joyce
07-23-2001, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone just popping in to say hello. :wave:

It is so hot here. It has been 100 degrees for the last 3 days. I hate summers in TX :mad: I know I know I could move right??? :lol:

Jen - I posted the recipe for the Easy cheese lasagna on the WW recipes under pizza & pasta. It makes huge servings for 6 points. Just figure 1/6 of an 11 x 17 pan. --------

The grasshoppers here are really bad. They eat half of the tomatoes before you can pick them. My asparagus has absolutely no leaves(green) left on them at all. They even eat the leaves on the fruit trees, flowers etc. :( I don't know what I'm going to do. I hate to use pesticides. Wish there was a natural remedy. I think I'm going to do some searching on the web and see if there is an organic solution to grasshoppers. Surely there is something.

Have a great day everyone, talk with ya later.
Joyce

Jenny523
07-23-2001, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Joyce, I pulled up the recipe and printed it. It looks good, yet easy. Maybe I'll make it on Sunday. Is there some type of homemade spray you could make to get rid of those grasshoppers? I've heard of soaking snuff or tobacco in water and spraying it, or red hot peppers. Either method is pesticide free, I believe. Good luck!

~Jen

Jenny523
07-24-2001, 06:52 AM
Essie, I'm having a very difficult time being on program. I'm very conscious of the points of everything I eat, yet have been going over every day. In spite of drinking water, I feel hungry most of the time, have been craving sweets.

While I'm not looking for a scapegoat, I've noticed quite a few changes since having the hysterectomy; the biggest being that I'm beginning to carry the weight in my tummy, which I never did before. And it's not as easy to drop the weight as it used to be. But that could be due to age also :(

At any rate, let's hang in there, Essie, and not give up :) I know that going to the meetings helps me. But I've gotten into the vicious cycle of joining, having a good week or two, then gaining and not wanting to pay $ for posting a gain, then quitting......so I talk myself into doing it on my own, which hasn't been working.

Perhaps I don't really want this badly enough? I think I do, but then why do I sabotage myself? :?:

I didn't intend for this to be so long.....sorry! Terri and Myra, our biggest losers ;) ignore this message!

~Jen

It is ok Jen. I know how it feels. I have been down that road so many times. I can't stand paying when I don't do it right. I felt so much pressure every weigh in day that I would get so nervous that it wasn't fun anymore, just stressful. So I am not going for now ( I'm not suggesting this for everyone) and I am using my groups (I joined a few others yesterday) and y'all for my support. I get more from all of that than I do the meetings. e-tools has helped immensely and in Sept. I am unsubbing from e-tools and going with WW on-line. That will be my daily meeting. I will go back to meetings when I am within my couple pounds but I can't pay $11 every week and be a nervous wreck it affects my weigh-ins so I decided this and have lost 8# since that decision. I am more relaxed and I love to weigh-in. When a plateau happens again, I know it will, there are tools I can use. I have to be an example to my family because as you all know I am there weigher and they are doing it too. That helps too. Since I do all the work I get to be the weigher (not Bruce- just kids). It is like we are playing WW. :lol:

Hi Myra, Essie, Diane, Patti and Joyce.
Where are you Patti/Zoe? We miss you.

mpinkham
07-24-2001, 02:14 PM
It's great you can do that. Me, I need the meetings. It is well worth the $9.95 a week. When I made it to lifetime I continued to go to meetings every week for years even though I only had to go once a month. Then, when I stopped and almost immediately began gaining weight.

I think the key is to use the scale as a motivator, as just one more tool to measure your success. But not the only one. That is why I measure myself each month as well. If we obsess too much on the scale it becomes very negative and can actually sabotage our success.

Joyce
07-24-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Wow! Essie, Jen & Terri - Sounds like we are all feeling the same or have felt the same at some point in this weight loss journey.

Tonight is my meeting and I have ate over points all week. BUT... I feel I need the meetings to help keep me on track even when I feel like I'm going to gain plus I get support from others who are going through the same thing. I tried to do it on my own for two years. I ended up gaining more weight. I would have one or two good weeks and then totally blow it, start over, blow it, start over you get the point. ;) Now even when I cheat I'm conscious that I'll have to weigh in on Tuesday. I probably would be at goal now if I just would have started the meetings 2 years ago. :( Every person is different though. I know people who do fantastic on their own. I guess we just have to do what is best for us.

Myra - I agree about the scale. I use measurements and my clothes too. It feels great when a pair of tight pants suddenly feel looser.

No matter what choice we make - meetings or no meetings we have each other here to help us keep on track & encourage us when feeling down. Hang in there, I know we can all do this. :)

Have to run. I have to go get license renewals on two vehicles today. Plus several other stops. Talk to yall later. Have a great day.

Joyce

Myra,
Yes, I believe everyone is different. I myself need to be not stressed and those women weighing me stressed me out.
I know, for me, I need to really want it to be successful and since I have turned 40 it has totally changed. I really want it. It has kept me from gaining during my plateau earlier. Plateaus used to do me in and I gained. This time I kept at it and tried different things during plateaus and finally something worked.
I think I have licked the thought that the scale was my motivator.
I know the only reason I was successful was because of weighing in. If I had to skip a weigh-in I would gain because I knew I didn't have to weigh-in. I feel I am over that. Thank God.
I think that I have personally licked the fear of that scale. I kind of look forward to it on Sat. mornings when I get up and weigh. If it is not down I think "Oh well keep at it."

TTYL,
Terri

See ya on #65
Terri