UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #1  

Default Holiday diet trips

I'm only going for 3 days but its going to involve a fair amount of boozing and I don't want to fall off the wagon too badly. I imagine we will be eating out every night too.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

3 days?
meh,
option one: enjoy urself forget all your eating/weight concerns
Option two: only eat salads and dont drink, booze had way too many calories
Option three: Enjoy your break, drink, try for low cal alky where possible, eat yummy foods but choose grilled over fried while meat over red veggies over pasta(seeing as theres already gonna be loadsa sugar in your alky)

Where are you going? Make sure you eat, otherwise drinking my make you sicker than just a hangover
Have fun!!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #3  

Try to balance eating and drinking with activity, swimming, walking, dancing on the tables etc!!! i found I mitigated the damage on my week in Turkey last year (baklava, cocktails, cheese) by keeping my activity levels high. Also aim for one healthy meal a day at least. We had a big healthy breakfast every morning, and a healthy lunch, lathough healthy eating in Turkey is quite easy, they don't do a lot of fat frying, and they like their salads.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I tend to relax a bit, to put myself in between my normal behaviour and what I used to do on holiday. I walk around (sightseeing can be great exercise), swim, try to choose healthier choices for meals, even if they're not as good as I eat at home, but generally just try to relax. I work hard and I deserve a break. As long as I don't turn the holiday into an excuse for a binge it's not going to do that much harm. Whenever I go away I have a gain as soon as I'm back but more often than not it's water and gone within the week.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Enjoy yourself it is only three days, your healthy eating will be on your mind but I'd say right at the back of it!!

Life is too short really to beat ourselves up about food, although we all do it.
Have a fantastic time and come home safely.

Michele x
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #6  

Dublin. Its the alcohol I'm more worried about than the food really because we are going to have two huge nights out and believe me the people I'm going with can drink ALOT. Also Last time I went to Dublin the problem with eating out with other people is you don't get to eat where you would choose to eat and I'm veggie and unless you go to decent veggie friendly places you end up with chips with everything and it makes you feel stodgy and crap with the alcohol too.

I think i should be more fortunate this time in that these people are up for sightseeing too. When i went before I went for three days and all my mates did was drink from 2 pm til 3am then sleep all day then go out drinking again and I felt so crap while I was there and put on nearly a stone in three days which I didn't lose for a year and a half!!

I was thinking about it today and I'm going to try and make every third drink non alcoholic and stick to the vodka provided its relatively inexpensive and keep my cereal for breakfast.

Can't really do much but diet is going to **** having night out tomorrow night with free buffet like I'm not going to take advantage of that and vodka is going to be aplenty. I havent drunk in 3 weeks. Have saved 200 cals today for it so hopefully it won't be too bad. Wanted to weigh today but both the shops with scales on my road had them out of order.

Last edited by impossible princess; 02-09-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I go to Ireland a couple of times a year, my father is from Kerry, I stay with relatives but they just can't resist feeding me, the spuds are out of this world and the soda bread well I could eat a loaf no bother. I was there in September and amazingly only put on 2lbs, I drank loads ate good meals I am veggie also, but didn't eat any takeaways when I staggered home at god knows what time!!

You have now put the idea of a little trip to Kerry into my mind.

Take good care and say hello to Ireland for me

Michele x
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #8  

Ireland was lovely and I only gained 1lb which isn't bad considering all the guinness I drank!!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Well Done Princess I've never been to Ireland or Scotland pathetic is'nt it? i've heard the guinness is heavenly i've also heard that its expensive in Dublin too i'll go one day..I will..I will
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #10  

yes it is seriously expensive a vodka and coke was over 7 euro but we stayed in a hostel so that was cheap
Old 02-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I was shocked when I went to Dublin at how expensive it was.

It didn't stop me though
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote