General chatter - Weight Loss and Face Wrinkles

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Face Wrinkles

HadEnough
02-09-2006, 06:53 AM
I notice now that I am losing that my facial wrinkles are more prevalent. Has anyone else noticed this and what can I do about it??

liz321
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Well I am not sure how old you are..........there are some physiological changes that come with aging and our skin
Part of it is just a change in our face with less subcutaneous tissue that we are not used to
I am not sure there is much you can do.......though I know alot of women after losing large amounts of weight do go for lifts and tucks.
I always lose on my face first and once I get to a certain point people start telling me it is too much cause I am looking too "drawn".......I think they just aren't used to me without my "full" face.

That's about all I know about that.

Great job with the weight loss!

Liz

shrinkingchica
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Cheryl,
Keep in mind that you have lost 34lbs!! And therefore the skin on your face isn't as streched out as it once was. :)

boarderchick
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Absolutely! The two downsides of losing weight. More wrinkles and less cleavage. Worth the trade-off though.

icmethinner
02-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Cheryl,

I am very concerned about the same problem! Made an appointment with the dermatologist to see if there is anything I can do that my insurance will cover. I certainly can't afford a face lift! Share with us if you find any solutions please!

VelVeeta
02-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Take the bad with the good. A few wrinkles are worth all of the shedded pounds

mishakal30
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Hadenough... I worry about the same thing. I have always taken good care of my skin and stayed away from the sun. I am 38 and can easily pass for 28 so I am worried about the same thing once I lose more weight.

Microderm abrasion is supposed to do wonders but it is pricey. There are various peels too but I am not sure what they are. Let me know if you find something good :)

coley144
02-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes! I look much more wrinkly. I am hoping that my skin will catch up. I am trying to take fish oils to improve the condition to see if that helps.