Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  

Default Best choice???

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member. I haven't yet joined weight watchers but I will. My question is this. I want to join and at the request of my family doctor my 15 year old will also join. Which is the best choice to make for effective results. The meetings, the online program or the at home program? Also, which items are essential for purchase to help with the program. I am trying to keep the fees down since the 2 of us will be joining. I am a mom of 6 and money always seems needed in some area for the kids. It just sounds bad $88 a month for the 2 of us. Please offer and advice or help with this matter.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  
banned

just my opinion,
but i live in ny, and here they have special ww groups for teens so that might be the best route
Old 02-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Weight watchers does a "season pass" that you can buy that makes meetings less than the $11 a week. Also there is somewhere online you can print coupons to make it less also.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hey???....nice name!!

I would think that the money would be well invested if BOTH of you attend the meetings. They do offer (from time to time)10 or 11 classes for a reduced price, and sometimes the registration fee is free. The meetings are sooo informative, and then after awhile, you might try to do it either at home or on-line. If you haven't been on ww's before, then you really do need to understand the points and all the steps they reccommend. As for the books, they have a beginners set. This set includes: a dining out book with LOTS of foods for restaurants, a large food listing book, a points finder sliding calculator (to help decipher food labels) and (I think) an activity points calculator and a purse type clutch to hold them all. If you only bought 1 thing, I would STRONGLY suggest this set. You would only need to purchase one set and that way you could share until you got the hang of the points. Good luck!!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Think of it as an investment in your health

$88 spent now might save you hundreds in doctor's fees and prescriptions down the road. One of my reasons for wanting to control my weight is to try to escape the diabetes that plagues my mother's entire family. And you will save money by not buying the expensive snacky things such as chips and cookies.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Check into your local meeting place. I know here if an adult sponsers a minor the minor is free...or at least it used to be that way. The key was they both had to check in at teh same time at the same meeting.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #7  
Halley

I was recently told that some medical insurance companies now help cover some costs of joining WW. If your mom has medical insurance, you may want to call a WW near you and find out if her provider is offering this benefit. This will vary from state to state, but it's worth calling and asking.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Recently someone told me they were able to use the weight watchers cost to deduct out of there flexible spending. Definately something to check into.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  

Same in my area as what KellyS said... Kids go free with a Paying Adult...but you both must stay for the meeting.
So call your local WW's. You may be pleasantly surprised...and Best of Luck to both of you
Closed Thread