Simply Filling and Core Recipes - Is FF cream cheese core?

View Full Version : Is FF cream cheese core?

UFSeniorGirl
02-08-2006, 01:25 PM
The title explains it all. TIA.

Vickie
02-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Nope, it's not. WW considers it to be a trigger food. You'll have to decide if it's a trigger food for you or not.

UFSeniorGirl
02-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks Vickie. How did you know that? In my WW Week 1 Book it says "FF cheeses". Are there any other foods that people may assume are core and really aren't? once again, TIA.

Vickie
02-08-2006, 07:55 PM
I think in the Comple Food Guide FF cream cheese is not checked Core. I'd recommend buying the larger guide since it has brand named foods and a more extensive food list. Don't bother with the dining out guide since next to nothing at the fast food places is Core.

Katpo
02-09-2006, 02:47 PM
In my week one book, I got a smaller list (like about 22 pages) of foods. Cream cheese is not checked. Did you get that list?

UFSeniorGirl
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, sorry. LOL! I was just going off of the core section of what to eat, and I didn't even look at the list. That was such a blonde moment (sorry to all of you blondes out there :) ).

Laura Lena
03-21-2006, 10:43 PM
You know why FF cream cheese isn't Core? Because it contains sugar. Look at all the brands in the supermarket. I remember when I was Somersizing and read in one of Suzanne's books to look for a brand of FF cream cheese that has no sugar.

Well, maybe those exist in California, but I've yet to find one in New York. Maybe I'll try the health food stores. If I DO find a brand of ff cream cheese that has no sugar, I will count it as Core (as long as it doesn't contain any non-Core ingredients). I would assume it would then be the same as ff ricotta, cottage cheese, etc.

Of course, I will share the name of the brand with you guys!

lil fluffy
04-03-2006, 09:53 PM
cream cheese isn't really cheese,that is why it's not core.