Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Clothing Ideas for the chunkier me :)

Well im going to vegas end of this month to visist dh's grandparents and of course to visit vegas baby!
But I have nothing to wear! My wardrobe consist's of a pair of crappy jeans and a black hooded sweater or a mauroon hooded sweater I hate how everything else looks on me ever since I had my daughter (over a year ago) I cannot stand how i look in any thing! I have this belly flap and most ppl wear their pants above the flap but i can't! It's just not comfy for me! so i have my flap hangin over my pants wich means NOTHING looks good on me if it's somewhat tight because you can see the flab of fat Sorry to be so detailed... What im wondering is, I would like to go shopping before we go and get a few things like a new pair of jeans and at least 2-3 tops BUT what on earth do you wear that doesn't show your flab if you got it? Im no where near my goal weight i wish i could just stay home and locked up until i get to my goal so i could look decent in public but i know i can't I don't want to have to wear my same jean's and hoodie the entire time, i want to look normal and cute at the same time... any ideas?

Last edited by rysmommy; 02-08-2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: needed different title lol...
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Being heavy doesn't mean you can't look cute. I have no idea how heavy you are, but wearing a "belly flap" outside your jeans certainly doesn't sound at all attractive. Perhaps you simply need bigger jeans but aren't willing to admit it? Whatever your size, you can wear clothes that contain your body. Skirts or long loose dresses might be more comfortable for you or a pair of dress pants.

It sounds like you are trying to make yourself look and feel as unattractive as possible, and there isn't any reason to do that. I've known a lot of really heavy people who still dress well and look nice in their clothing. Are you trying to punish yourself for being heavy? How productive is that? You must love yourself enough at whatever weight you are to want to do the best for your body that you can. Loving yourself and looking good in spite of some extra pounds makes it easier to want to look even better by shedding the excess weight. Punishing yourself for being fat isn't going to make the dieting any easier.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  

Well i wouldn't consider myself literally fat im just really over weight im 231 right now and i fit into a tight 18, I have alway's had a problem with my image and after i gave birth it's just gotten worse, I am working on it though. I really don't like to go shopping because i don't feel i look good in anything i guess i just don't know how to wear it because i see lot's of not fat but heavier ppl that look really good in their clothes and cute! It's just my problems with self image that make me feel like i don't look good in anything, Im trying to get over this by actually going shopping and trying to find something cute that I look good in or something that would be cute and comfy at the same time i hate tight fitting clothes, And like i said i see so many people that are not tiny that look cute i just can't see myself looking cute and chunky kwim? im not looking for pity just some ideas of a cute outfit that doesn't hug my curves and does not consist of a hoodie lol it's all in my head im sure! So should i go up a pant size and wear the jeans over the flab on top of my belly above my belly button? is this how your suppost to wear jeans because if so that's so uncomfortable and I hate dresses!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

I don't know if you want to share a photo or not, but it's extremely hard to suggest clothes for a person when you don't know what they look like. I have no idea of your height, build, flesh tone, etc. There are literally thousands of possibilites for cute outfits, but what looks cute on one person won't necessarily look cute on another. I'd say take a friend out shopping with you (one who's opinion you value) and see what you can come up with. I'd also caution on not getting too caught up in what type of clothes you hate. Take a chance and try on some dresses, when clothes fit properly they usually look great!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #5  

I have no problem sharing a photo hang on and i'll grab one the only full body shot i have on my pc is one of me from last summer with no make up about a month after dd was born. So hang on a sec...

Okay let me see if i can figure out how to do this.... dang check out them hips lol

Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #6  

Im looking for something casual and cute at the same time lol is this possible im not very fashion friendly like i said i only wear one pair of jeans and a baggy hoodie all the time it's getting old but im scared to try something different, BUT i know i will probally look better if i do I will be doing lot's of walking in vegas so something comfy...
Old 02-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

Do you have a Lane Bryant store near you? They have a bunch of really cute clothes that are meant to flatter your shape and hide any "flaws". They also have a website (www.lanebryant.com). It is the only place I have been able to shop for a while now and I really appreciate the selection they have. Plus, it is trendy and pretty, instead of being muumuus and housecoats like some other stores.
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #8  

I do have a lane bryant i've never checked them out though i'll search there now thanks...
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I think you're being too hard on yourself, you look cute now! I can't see a lot of detail because of the jacket, but you could definitely find something flattering easily if you try the right store.

Lane Bryant was the store that got me interested in looking good again and dressing nicely. The difference between going to most stores and trying to find something that fit at all and going to LB where there were tons of choices and styles that fit really well was amazing. It makes shopping so much more fun
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #10  
Downsizing Dee!

Thanks for sharing your pic . This is what I'd pick for you.

I'd get a nice, bright v-neck tee and wear it under a longer type wrap cardigan with a tie belt. I'd find a solid colour skirt (probably in black or chocolate) which comes right above the knee and wear it with some knee-length boots.

~Dee
Old 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #11  

Layne Bryant has alot of cute clothes from their website but Im a cheapo and dang they are way way way out of my price range! I cannot afford to pay over 40 bucks for a pair of jeans with a daughter and a house and a billion other bills lol... carp! But I do like their clothes, any other places? thanks for saying im cute jennifer and yes that jacket used to be the ONLY thing i would wear because it cover's my gut! I have killer hips and a killer gut lol!
And like i said before i have no idea how to wear my jeans so they look good! oh brother im glad im not going till the end of the month that way i have plenty of time to find something
Old 02-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #12  

Just got your post dee after i wrote thanks for the idea sounds really cute where do you shop?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #13  

Also- I don't know much about fashion but i've never bought a skirt that went above the knee because well, surprise, I don't like my knees and consider them fat lol.. I usually only buy ankle length skirt's wouldn't a knee skirt make me look bigger around the hips? im only 5'4 Also thanks for answering all my questions i know i can be obnoxious some times
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #14  
Downsizing Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysmommy
Just got your post dee after i wrote thanks for the idea sounds really cute where do you shop?
Thrift stores, consignment shops and clearance sales. Anywhere the prices are good.

~Dee
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

Yes, the Lane Bryant website has some high prices, but if you get on their mailing list they are CONSTANTLY sending me coupons for 50% off my purchase, etc. And the sale/clearance racks at the store are out of this world good. I once got a long sleeve-button down shirt that I wear to work a lot for $3. Can't go wrong with that. I NEVER pay full price for stuff there, unless I just can't live without it.
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote