Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default supersvelte

I got a mailing today about a magic coffee pill called supersvelte. It looks like a sacharrin (sp). Of course it proclaims incredible losses. I'm not planning on purchasing this...unless everyone says it's really a wonder drug.

Any thoughts?

Joanna
Old 02-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #2  
it's always something

The only wonder is that it's still for sale We've heard of this before. More importantly, we've heard lots of complaints about it. It doesn't work, and a lot of people even lost money by ordering it and never receiving their product. Those that did receive it were not able to get refunds, despite the money back guarantee. They claim to have been developed by some company in France, but no one has ever heard of it - even my friends in France, lol. It's fake info, for a fake pill.

I'm sorry I didn't have better news! I know they make it sound so attractive, it's only natural to wonder if there might be some truth to it.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:00 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

IMO, the only wonder drug for weight loss is healthy eating and exercise and sticking with it.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #4  

I disagree with jodilynn, those two aren't wonder drugs, instead their just the way to the goals surrounding weight loss. If they were so they wouldn't be so darn hard to control and master, also they would produce effects right away, and wouldn't produce no effect even when some of us follow strict diets very closely. Just my opinion, there are aids that can assist too, but only one path (diet, exercise) that can get u to lose weight. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

OMG - is this crap still around???

We had a thread on this last year:

Supersvelte Drops

As you can tell by the posts at the thread above, this is clearly a fraudulent company, pedalling a fraudulent product. A red light indicator for me is the way they say "send us a check, we'll hold it for X amount of days" as one poster stated (and as I've read elsewhere). Some people might not be aware that postdating a check does NOT keep the payee from cashing it right away...I wouldn't want to have anyone, especially a company I knew nothing about, holding onto a check which contains all of my checking account info. I suspect that the "Paris Slimming Institute" or whoever they actually are, either is not set up to accept credit card payments and/or wants to discourage buyers from using a credit card - due to the fact that buyers using credit/debit cards to pay have the ability to file chargebacks with their bank - as opposed to payment with checks or money orders.

That said - even using a CC, I still wouldn't send two cents to these crooks.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobetheman
I disagree with jodilynn, those two aren't wonder drugs, instead their just the way to the goals surrounding weight loss. If they were so they wouldn't be so darn hard to control and master, also they would produce effects right away, and wouldn't produce no effect even when some of us follow strict diets very closely. Just my opinion, there are aids that can assist too, but only one path (diet, exercise) that can get u to lose weight. Good luck.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think that Jodilynn was saying that this pill was a "wonder drug"...sounded more like justified skepticism to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodilynn
I'm not planning on purchasing this...unless everyone says it's really a wonder drug.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #7  

Mrs Jim is right...I was very skeptical. I doubt VERY seriously that there is a "wonder drug" for everyone wanting to lose weight. I must say that I respect the opinions of those who struggle with the same things I do and IF everyone said this is the most awesome and wonderful thing since Krispy Kreme donuts, I'd probably buy it. I know that eating fewer calories and burning more is the way to lose weight, but sometimes it's easy to get sucked into the propaganda that we're besieged with regarding weight loss.

Glad to know I did the right thing by sleeping on it overnite and throwing the whole packet in the trash before breakfast.

Joanna
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #8  
SES

Wink Did anyone actually try it?

I just ordered some so I will let you know if it works. They do have an 800 number order line and they do accept credit cards. It tells what makes it work in the literature it says, " Research has revealed that when HCA, a fruit acid, that eliminates attacks and devours fat is made to react in combination with Orthosiphon (an Indonesian herb that suppresses fat) a slimming action is triggered on thousands of fat cells. You burn the stored fats and lose your excess weight without changing your eating habits, without hunger and without effort". I am willing to give it a chance and try it, and I will let you all know what my results are after I get it and try it. I have had such good results with herbs that I am willing to stick my neck out to see if they work. My successes with herbs include: rectal bleeding, breast tumers, hemorroids, blood sugar control (even when couldn't see from it), stopped seizures (seizure free for 2 years now), and of course infections including rota virus, strep throat and pneumonia. This is just my personal experiences, so give herbs a chance, they do work.
Closed Thread