LA Weight Loss - LAWL at Home Website

View Full Version : LAWL at Home Website

emmysmom
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm back after 2 weeks of being MIA...and I'm paying for it. I went to the COD today, repented for my sins:nono: and told the counselor that I want to start over...new diary, do TO for two days...the whole thing.

So now that I have that off my chest, have any of your centers told you about their new website. You can chart your progress, keep your diary on-line, there are message boards, exercises, motivational tips, hotline #'s, over 200 new recipes...one really neat thing they have is "LA Chef". You can take ANY recipe that your family enjoys, e-mail it in and they will send it back to you in a modified on-plan version and tell you how to count it. How cool is that? So once they had me totally hooked on they whole thing, they say "And it is only $99 for an entire year." Very tricky!!! But I was hooked and excited so I said Sign me Up! I will have access within 24 hours and let you all know what it is like....Is anyone else doing this?

emmysmom
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh, and you can also plan your meals ahead by typing them in your on-line diary, and it will generate a shopping list for you!

Gamababa3
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Welcome back and glad your ready to start the program over we missed you. Yes they told me about their online site, but I wasn't going to pay the $99. Maybe in time, but I think it's to high of a price. Let us know how it works for you. Maybe you can post some of the great recipes for us.

marbear
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
So do you have to be a member first or what? Is it like weight watchers online where you don't have to go to a center at all? I am guessing not...
Mary

emmysmom
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I will absolutely do that along with any other good info I find! I thought $99 was high too, but I'm a sucker for any and all support I can get. Plus, I had a counselor today that I have never met before. She's at my center on Tues and Thurs...the days that I'm normally not there. She was fantastic! Very supportive, understanding, not pushy at all...just what I needed after falling off the wagon. I told her how she felt about me weighing in 2x a week instead of three and she told me that I should do what I feel I need to do, and she noted in my chart that I would only be in twice/week. She made me leave the COD feeling very positive.

emmysmom
02-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Oops...I asked her how she felt, not told her :dizzy:

Yes, Mary, you do have to be a member. They assign a client number for you to login.

green0923
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Wow, $100 sounds like a lot. But I guess when you look at it as less than $10 a month, it seems more tolerable. If only they would give you a trial period, or you could pay monthly so that if you find that you don't use it at all, you don't waste that money!

Tina, you'll have to let us know whether you find it useful and worth the money!

Thanks!

Gamababa3
02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Or if you could pay them $10 plus a month instead of paying it all up front. Yes Tina definitely let us know how it works for you. I agree it helps to have the added supportive. I'm not working at this time and can't afford the extra money.

Bogieboo
02-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, this is another miscommunication between corporate and franchise. My center, which is corporate, said that the website was going to be available to everyone who was on LAWL free of charge. Just wait until I go in on Friday.

30lbsby22
02-13-2006, 07:31 PM
emmysmom i was wonding if it would be too much to ask if maybe you could post a few of the recepies from the new website. I am considering it. I asked my center about it and they said they will offer it soon but that they are still learning about it. But before I go and pay $99 for the site I wanted to cheat and preview a few of the recepies. I have the hardest time coming up with new things to eat so I think the site might help.

emmysmom
02-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Megan, is there anything in particular that you would be interested in? There are lots of recipes...

30lbsby22
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Anything not dairy or seafood

deetsmom
02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
dessert!

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Okay, chickies...I really want to help you out with any recipes that you want. The trouble is that the online cookbook is set up so that it gives you recipe titles by category and then you have to click on a link to get the actual recipe...and there are lots of them. So if anyone wants me to, i can pm you the list of recipes available (there are 7 pages in the list) then you can pick which recipes you would like for me to post. I can list them on this thread as well, it will just be a long post. Let me know what y'all would like me to do.

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I meant I can post the list of available recipes on this thread...if you want.

slecompte
02-14-2006, 10:30 AM
It would be great if you can post them on here - might save you some work. Thank you for being so generous!

Sheila

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok...here you go...

Soups, Salads and Appetizers
Asparagus Salad
French Onion Soup
Bean Soup
Fruited Chicken Salad
Beef Vegetable Soup
Glazed Chicken and Avocado Salad
Cantaloupe with Chicken Salad
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
Cheddar Cheese Soup
Guacamole
Chicken Salad
Light Vinaigrette
Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Manhattan Clam Chowder
Chicken and Lemongrass Soup
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Coleslaw
Minestrone Soup
Crab Salad
Oriental-Style Shrimp Salad
Creamed Crab and Veggie Dip
Pasta e Fagioli
Creamy Potato Soup
Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Cucumber and Shrimp Salad
Potato and Leek Soup
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Roasted Peppers
Egg Drop Soup
Shrimp Salad
Eggplant Caponata
Spinach Tossed Salad
Soups, Salads and Appetizers
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Sweet and Sour Cabbage
Split Pea Soup
Sweet and Sour Dressing
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Tomato Pasta Salad
Sweet Potato Soup
Tortilla Roll-up Appetizer
Sweet Red Pepper Soup
Tuna Pasta Salad

Breakfast Selections
Apple Pancake
Mexican Omelet
Banana Nut Crepe
Mushroom and Spinach Crepe
Bran Muffin
Puffy Omelet
Broccoli Omelet Bake
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepe
Crepes
Turkey Sausage
French Toast

Beef, Pork, Lamb and Wild Game
Balsamic Lamb Chops
Meatloaf
Beef Dijon
Open-face Burger with Mustard Sauce
Beef Kabobs
Pineapple-Sauced Duck Breast
Beef Roast
Pork Tenderloin and Peppers
Beef Teriyaki
Roast Pork with Rosemary Family Fare
Buffalo Burgers
Salisbury Steak
Dijon Lamb Chops
Sausage Patties
Hamburger
Sesame Beef
Hot Beef Sandwich
Stuffed Cabbage
Italian-Style Beef
Stuffed Peppers
Italian-Style Burger
Veal Goulash
Italian-Style Veal
Veal Swiss Steak
Lamb Kabobs
Venison Chili
London Broil

Chicken and Turkey
Caraway Chicken
Spinach Stuffed Turkey
Cheese and Apple Stuffed Chicken
Turkey Chili
Chicken Nuggets
Turkey Meatballs
Indian-Style Chicken
Turkey Melt
Italian-Style Chicken Tenders
Turkey Sloppy Joe
Orange Chicken with Carrots
Turkey with Barbeque Sauce
Oven-Fried Chicken
Vegetable Chicken Bake
Rolled Turkey Divan
Vegetable Chicken Loaf
Sesame Chicken
Vegetable-Stuffed Turkey Roll
Soy-Glazed Chicken
White Chicken Chili

Fish and Shellfish
Baked Crab and Broccoli
Lemon Shrimp Oriental Stir-Fry
Baked Stuffed Fish
Mango Prawns
Boiled Lobster Tails
Orange Sesame Salmon
Broiled Ginger Scallops
Salmon Stuffed Tomatoes
Caesar Shrimp Skewers
Sauteed Sea Scallops
Citrus Grilled Swordfish
Shrimp Fried Rice
Curried Salmon
Shrimp Jambalaya
Fish Tacos
Steamed Crab
Ginger Salmon
Swordfish in Lemon Sauce
Herb Stuffed Salmon
Tangy Shrimp Skewers
Lemon Baked Flounder
Tuna Tostadas

Vegetarian Selections
BBQ Tofu
Red Beans and Rice
Baked Mac and Cheese
Scrambled Tofu
Eggplant Parmigiana
Tofu Bacon
Hot and Spicy Dahl
Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Indian-Style Chickpeas
Vegetable Ziti Bake
Jalapeno Red Bean Burgers
Vegetarian Chili
MOCK Sausage
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Mediterranean Pasta Toss

Sauces, Seasonings and Marinades
Basil Mayonnaise
Orange-Ginger Marinade
Chocolate-Orange Sauce
Plum Sauce
Italian-Style Tomato Sauce
Soy Sesame Marinade
Lemon Seasoning
Teriyaki Marinade
Margarita Marinade
Teriyaki Sauce
Mushroom Sauce

Vegetables, Grains and Pastas
Balsamic-Glazed Vegetables
Grilled Tomatoes and Eggplant
Breadcrumbs
Herbed Eggplant
Buttermilk Biscuits
Hoppin' John
Cauliflower and Potatoes
Pad Thai Noodles
Classic Mashed Potatoes
Peppers and Mushrooms
Cornbread
Pineapple Stuffing
Creamed Spinach
Rosemary Rigatoni
Creamy Cucumbers
Spaghetti Squash Parmesean
Garlic Grits
Spicy Broccoli
Garlic n' Herb Pita Chips
Stuffed Summer Squash
Green Beans with Mushrooms
Turnip Casserole
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Vegetables with Peanut Sauce

Drinks and Desserts
Apple Crisp
Mixed Berry Popsicles
Apple Frappe
Orange and Spice Tea
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
Peach-Amaretto Shake
Apricot Custard
Rice Pudding
Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Shake
Sparkling Fruited Gelatin
Chocolate Truffles
Spiced Coffee
Coffee Granita
Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles
Coffee Latte
Tiramisu-Rice Dessert
Cran-Grape Pops
Vanilla Popsicles
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
Watermelon Ice
Lemon Glazed Cheesecake

Special Occasions
Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes
Minted Leg of Lamb
Egg Nog
Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy
Glazed Ham
Southern Peach Shortcake
Grilled Chicken and Portabellas
Wild Rice Pilaf
L A New York Cheesecake

30lbsby22
02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Wow thanks tina! Would you prefer we just send you a message with the recepies we want?

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
You can just post what you want here and then I can put them on the recipe thread.

30lbsby22
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
:val1: Tortilla roll up, mexican omlet, crepes, turkey sloppy joes and veggie stuffed turkey roll :val1: Thanks Tina!!

Gamababa3
02-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Those all sound good to me also. They seem to give you a lot more recipe choices. Thanks also Tina.

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Ok...they're all posted on the recipe thread...let us know which are good. I am planning on making the turkey sloppy joes this week. I made pork and broccoli stirfry last night and it was delish! That recipe wasn't on the website, so I'll have to post that when I get home along with the meatloaf recipe. DH is just thrilled with these yummy meals!

PURPLEPIRATE99
02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Tina - just have to say - YOUR THE BOMB!!!!!

30lbsby22
02-14-2006, 03:28 PM
tina you are great! thank you so much for doing this for us

emmysmom
02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
No problem...I'd be lost without you guys!:hug:

StargazerJMK
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm back after 2 weeks of being MIA...and I'm paying for it. I went to the COD today, repented for my sins:nono: and told the counselor that I want to start over...new diary, do TO for two days...the whole thing.

So now that I have that off my chest, have any of your centers told you about their new website. You can chart your progress, keep your diary on-line, there are message boards, exercises, motivational tips, hotline #'s, over 200 new recipes...one really neat thing they have is "LA Chef". You can take ANY recipe that your family enjoys, e-mail it in and they will send it back to you in a modified on-plan version and tell you how to count it. How cool is that? So once they had me totally hooked on they whole thing, they say "And it is only $99 for an entire year." Very tricky!!! But I was hooked and excited so I said Sign me Up! I will have access within 24 hours and let you all know what it is like....Is anyone else doing this?

Wow... yet another thing to spend money on. Whew. Tina, if you find some REALLY Good recipies will you share them? LOL

deetsmom
02-15-2006, 12:37 AM
I made a list of the ones Id be interested in seeing, that I dont have in my old cookbook- please dont feel obligated to post them all, I know its asking WAY too much and I wouldnt expect you to, but these all look interesting...anything you can post is SO appreciated, you are so sweet:hug:

Manhattan Clam Chowder
French Onion Soup
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Oriental-Style Shrimp Salad
Creamed Crab and Veggie Dip
Cucumber and Shrimp Salad
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Sweet and Sour Dressing
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Tomato Pasta Salad
Tuna Pasta Salad
Bran Muffin
Puffy Omelet
Broccoli Omelet Bake
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepe
Salisbury Steak
Indian-Style Chicken
Vegetable Chicken Bake
Soy-Glazed Chicken
Lemon Shrimp Oriental Stir-Fry
Baked Stuffed Fish
Citrus Grilled Swordfish
Shrimp Fried Rice
Tangy Shrimp Skewers
Baked Mac and Cheese
Indian-Style Chickpeas
Mediterranean Pasta Toss
Orange-Ginger Marinade
Buttermilk Biscuits
Rice Pudding
Vanilla Popsicles
Chocolate Truffles
Southern Peach Shortcake
L A New York Cheesecake

pseudomargot
02-15-2006, 10:11 PM
emmys mom, I would love the guacomole. a fun way to enjoy my "fat" selection! Thanks so much for all you've done. Totally amazing. I had thought though that there was talk of their web site being free. Bummer that that isn't the case. Thanks for your amazing generosity!!

deetsmom
02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
emmys mom, I would love the guacomole. a fun way to enjoy my "fat" selection! Thanks so much for all you've done. Totally amazing. I had thought though that there was talk of their web site being free. Bummer that that isn't the case. Thanks for your amazing generosity!!

Heres a great guacamole:
2 ripe avocados
a small chopped tomato
clove or two of garlic, minced
jalapenos to taste
the juice of 1-2 limes
cilantro
chopped onion

Mash the avocados and add the other ingredients in, this is a NO FAIL recipe, people RAVE about it!

Gymgurl
02-16-2006, 07:29 AM
My center has it...but I dodn't know I have to pay for it.....damn

Repo girl
02-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Ya, rude huh?

emmysmom
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
The LAWL recipe is pretty much the same as yours, Deets...

Guacamole

Ingredients:

2 avocados, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt®
1 jalape®o, diced (optional)

Preparation Instructions:
In a large bowl, lightly mash avocado with a
fork. Next add remaining ingredients; toss
to combine. Chill 30 minutes before
serving.

Makes approximately 2 cups

Serving Size:
1/4 cup

Counts As:
1 Fat
1 Vegetable

pseudomargot
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh my goodness Tina, thank you so much for the guacamole. Am going to go out to Trader Joe's tomorrow morning and get the ingredients. Will be such a great snack!!! Yum.

marbear
02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Some cilantro would be good in that...

I usually do lazy "sandwich" guacamole, which is just mashed avacado with salt and garlic powder like the kind they put on sandwiches. It is so good. How can something that grows on a tree be so fatty!!!

Mary

deetsmom
02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Some cilantro would be good in that...

I usually do lazy "sandwich" guacamole, which is just mashed avacado with salt and garlic powder like the kind they put on sandwiches. It is so good. How can something that grows on a tree be so fatty!!!

Mary

yep, the recipe I posted is pretty much the same as the LAWL with the addition of cilantro...cant cook without it!

marbear
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I got hooked on it in college (first time I remembered having it). This Mexican restaurant made their own salsa and it was VERY cilantro heavy. I actually replicated it. It was roma tomatoes 1/2 diced, 1/2 food processed, lots of lime to "cook" the tomatoes, gresh garlic, LOTS of cilantro, and onions. Oh my goodness. Ever since then I have never found a salsa so good. It just makes everything taste so fresh and bright. I'm a basil and dill nut, too...gotta grow my own on those two so I don't go broke, but I can shell out 40 cents for a bunch of cilantro. It's harder to grow...I tried.

Sharon
02-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I love the new website. it is so helpful. Plus in looking at the recipes, you get more ideas how you can use combinations of food and additions that you wouldn't think you could use without counting. Did that make any sense at all. :D Anyhow, here is a recipe i tried and love.

Red Beans and Rice

Ingredients:
1 lb dried beans, rinsed and picked over
1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 cup chopped onion
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and deveined, chopped
2 quarts low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup flat-leafed Italina parsley, chopped
2 cups cooked rice

Instructions:
Place beans in a large bowl; cover with water by one inch. Soak overnight. Drain and set aside.
In large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium flame. Add garlic, celery, onion, and peppers. Saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add broth and beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat.
Continue to cook over low heat until beans are soft, about 2 hours. Stir occasionally while cooking.
Garnish with parsley and serve over hot cooked rice.

Makes 6-8 servings

Serving Size: 1 cup beans with 1/3 cup rice

Counts As:

1/2 or 1 Protein, size according to plan
1 Starches

Sharon
02-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't know if the recipes change according to plan you are on. I am on the Red 1 plan. Someone on a different plan may want to compare this recipe to the same one on their plan.

islandbound
03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I asked my COD on Friday and they never heard of this web site, whats up with that?
Can I sign up direct or do you need to go through your center?
Thanks,
Lizzy

pseudomargot
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I went on the site today and noticed that there is no longer a sign in section and it appears to be free for everyone - including the recipes. there are no diary sections, or the ask the chef section though. does anyone know what's up with this? really doesn't effect me since I rarely use it and only go to look at the recipes (which are there), but I just found it weird.

Sharon
03-07-2006, 03:48 PM
pseudomargot. I think you may have this confused with the official LAWL site that we pay for. This thread has been here for a long time and has always been free.

marbear
03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
lawlathome.com is the site you pay for.

islandbound
03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I tried the above address to find this new site, and it isn't there, am I missing something?
Thanks,
Lizzy

Repo girl
03-07-2006, 07:23 PM
laathome.com

marbear
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Oops..>I messed up. THanksf or the correction, Katie!

islandbound
03-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Now since my center is clueless as to this new website, how do I get the info the site is requesting?
Thank you so much for putting the correct address up.
Lizzy

Bogieboo
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I have been trying to get on the website for 2 days now. It keeps saying that either the website has moved, is no longer available, or they are having problems. Anyone else have any problems?

Gwen

Sharon
03-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I am not having trouble. I did a few days ago and I just retyped in the URL rather than use my bookmark. Try that if you haven't already.

Bogieboo
03-10-2006, 12:52 AM
I got to the main web page, but when I type in at home for the zip code and hit go it comes up with that error message I spoke about. Any ideas.

I used to be able to get into it.

Gwen

Sharon
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Gwen, I have no idea why you can't get in. Maybe you need to talk to the LAWL center you go to and ask for a number for technical support. Good luck.

marbear
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I've never had to enter a zip code...are you sure you're doing laathome.com and not the main page?

Bogieboo
03-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I got it now. I used to go into it a different way, but I guess that way does not work anymore. Thanks for everyone's help.

Gwen